PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Has Piloi/Haley declared a OC or DC yet?

TinyEvel
04-21-2009, 10:23 PM
:shrug:

thoughts?

WTF's?

chiefs1111
04-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Yes Gailey will be OC and the guy that was Arizona's DC from last season will be our DC this year,can't remember his name right this second though

DaneMcCloud
04-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Pendergast is the DC.

Haley has said that either he, Mo Carthon or Chan Gailey will be calling the plays on game day. He hasn't decided who will be calling the plays and it may change from week to week.

Personally, I don't like that approach.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-21-2009, 10:28 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/coaching_staff/

chiefs1111
04-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Pendergast is the DC.

Haley has said that either he, Mo Carthon or Chan Gailey will be calling the plays on game day. He hasn't decided who will be calling the plays and it may change from week to week.

hmmm,didn't know that but yeah I don't like the sound of that either. Is it really that hard to decide who is going to call plays???

TinyEvel
04-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Pendergast is the DC.

Yeah, me neither. Guy's first stab at HC and he's gonna be wearing the HC hat as well?

Plus, didn't Az's D get progressively worse under Pendergast?

DOOOOOOOOMED! :D

DaneMcCloud
04-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah, me neither. Guy's first stab at HC and he's gonna be wearing the OC hat as well?

FYP

Yes. With a shit-ton of high first and second round talent.

It's possible. The guy has no head coaching experience anywhere I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that likes his first coaching staff.

chiefs1111
04-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah, me neither. Guy's first stab at HC and he's gonna be wearing the HC hat as well?

For all the talent on Arizona's defense,they should have been a lot better.

kcxiv
04-21-2009, 10:34 PM
hmmm,didn't know that but yeah I don't like the sound of that either. Is it really that hard to decide who is going to call plays???

Back when Trent was here, Solari would call the goal line plays with Priest. I think thats pretty much what they are going at.

DaneMcCloud
04-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Back when Trent was here, Solari would call the goal line plays with Priest. I think thats pretty much what they are going at.

Mo Carthon has absolutely no business calling plays for any NFL franchise.

He sucks ass. Not Jimmy Raye ass (who actually had the #8 offense one season), I mean like Lou Holtz, fired after one game ass.

I still can't believe he's the assistant head coach.

:Lin:

KCrockaholic
04-21-2009, 10:39 PM
I hope Haley calls the plays. But I dont think that will go over well with Chan.

Pablo
04-21-2009, 10:39 PM

He sucks ass. Not Jimmy Raye ass (who actually had the #8 offense one season), I mean like Lou Holtz, fired after one game ass.

:Lin:Yeah, it's almost as unbelievable as the fact that Tim Krumrie still has a f*cking job..

I mean, Clark cleaned house alright, but there are still some cobwebs in the corners.

Mecca
04-21-2009, 10:40 PM
For all the talent on Arizona's defense,they should have been a lot better.

Oh you're gonna get it now, I said that a few times and got attacked. "You think Arizona has more talent than they really do"

CoMoChief
04-21-2009, 10:43 PM
If Haley is thinking about doing it now.............he's always gonna have his hand dipped into the cookie jar while the OC is calling plays. I bet to see some arguments and disagreements on the sidelines about playcalling. It's happend in other places he's been at.

Nero's Neptune
04-21-2009, 10:49 PM
If Haley is thinking about doing it now.............he's always gonna have his hand dipped into the cookie jar while the OC is calling plays. I bet to see some arguments and disagreements on the sidelines about playcalling. It's happend in other places he's been at.

I have a feeling this will be Chan's first and only year as Haley's O coordinator. Chan's accomplished a lot in the NFL and deserves to be calling plays....even if Haley allows it this year, I'd bet his style rubs Chan the wrong way. Chan's a good ol boy with a friendly personality...Haley's a hot head....probably not a good mix. Just a guess, but I'd bet Chan's gone after this year.

TinyEvel
04-21-2009, 10:51 PM
My only response after reading all the above...

:popcorn:

chiefs1111
04-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Well at least Gunnther isn't here anymore... I mean that is something to be thankful for,right?

DaneMcCloud
04-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Well at least Gunnther isn't here anymore... I mean that is something to be thankful for,right?

At this point, with this talent depleted defense that's in transition from a 4-3 to a 3-4 with at least in IMO, no reasonable upgrade at any defensive position coach or coordinator, all we can do is hope.

Buehler445
04-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Pendergast is the DC.

I don't like it either. I mean the idea is good and all. Whomever the HC does the best will call them. Kind of like position battles. May the best man win.

The problem I see with it is that the OC is brought in to call plays. Its not really a position battle it is more like asking a QB to compete with a LB for the job. It's not a measurable skillset. It's more of a calculated art.

Buehler445
04-21-2009, 11:24 PM
At this point, with this talent depleted defense that's in transition from a 4-3 to a 3-4 with at least in IMO, no reasonable upgrade at any defensive position coach or coordinator, all we can do is hope.

At least we're given the opportunity to hope. We got good shit at the top for the first time in 2 decades.

If Carl, Herm, and Gun were still here there would be no hope. None.

TinyEvel
04-21-2009, 11:56 PM
I sure hope this thing gels in the next couple of months. I am considering canceling my Sunday Ticket just because I am predicting there might be a beer can thrown through my TV this season.

I am remaining optimistic.

Pablo
04-22-2009, 12:00 AM
I sure hope this thing gels in the next couple of months. I am considering canceling my Sunday Ticket just because I am predicting there might be a beer can thrown through my TV this season.

I am remaining optimistic.Start transferring your beer to juice boxes..then you get a straw and it's probably not gonna break anything if you throw it.

And you call tell your kids you're drinking apple-juice, so you're a super role model too.

Win, win, win.

DaneMcCloud
04-22-2009, 01:17 AM

I am remaining optimistic.

4 wins, tops.

If you cancel, you're always welcome here.

milkman
04-22-2009, 07:49 AM

:Lin:

There are a lot people who feel that Carthon doesn't have the desired traits to be an OC or playcaller, but at the same time think he has the kind of personality to be a good HC.

DTLB58
04-22-2009, 08:10 AM
4 wins, tops.

If you cancel, you're always welcome here.

So he can throw a beer can at your TV? :D

DTLB58
04-22-2009, 08:16 AM
I have a feeling this will be Chan's first and only year as Haley's O coordinator. Chan's accomplished a lot in the NFL and deserves to be calling plays....even if Haley allows it this year, I'd bet his style rubs Chan the wrong way. Chan's a good ol boy with a friendly personality...Haley's a hot head....probably not a good mix. Just a guess, but I'd bet Chan's gone after this year.

This is a good point, but Maybe Chan's presence will help calm Todd on gameday and teach him to stay more under control. 5 years down the road Haley might be thanking Gaily for an older expirenced coach teaching him a thing or two. :shrug:

DTLB58
04-22-2009, 08:23 AM
I hope Haley calls the plays. But I dont think that will go over well with Chan.

Yah, I would think that part of being Offensive coordinator along with devising the game plan during the week you get to call the plays on gameday.

Now having said that, I suppose you could have someone who is good at game planning but dosen't get into a feel for play calling.

I personally prefer Haley calling the plays. I like the aggresive manner he does that with.