PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsCountry's 2009 Chiefs Mock Draft

ChiefsCountry
04-22-2009, 02:29 AM
Here is my annual mock for the Chiefs. If you look at the * that means its a projected trade or rumored one. I have the Redskins moving up and the Gonzo to Atlanta in it. But the mock is set up even without those to still fill needs and BPA.

3) Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
Don’t like the selection but this is what the Chiefs will more than likely will do if they stay at #3.

*13) Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
Perfect fit for the 3-4, very similar to Ty Warren.

*55) Ron Brace, DT, Boston College
The big nose tackle for our 3-4 defense.

67) Antoine Caldwell, C, Alabama
Can be the anchor for our offense line for the next decade, similar size to both New England and Arizona’s centers. Also Pioli loves Saban players.

*80) TJ Lang, OT Eastern Michigan
Big nasty right tackle and Pioli had a MAC guy at right tackle for the Pats.

102) Kraig Urbik, G, Wisconsin
Definition of a Pioli player – big, smart, fast, versatile. Can play guard or right tackle.

139) James Davis, RB, Clemson
This is a steal for the Chiefs. Allows for one more year of LJ, teamed with CJ Spiller at Clemson. Davis and Charles gives the Chiefs a future good 1-2 punch at running back.

175) Joe Burnett, CB/KR, Central Florida
Another versatile guy, returns kicks and provides depth at corner something we need.

212) Tom Brandstater, QB, Fresno State
His college coach, Pat Hill is a Belichick guy. Also Pioli and the Pats liked California QBs – Brady, Cassel, McConnell, Gutierrez.

256) Cody Moore, DE, TCU
A perfect fit as a 2 gapper in the 3-4 defense.

bdeg
04-22-2009, 03:07 AM
67) Antoine Caldwell, C, Alabama
Also Pioli loves Saban players.

*80) TJ Lang, OT Eastern Michigan
Big nasty right tackle and Pioli had a MAC guy at right tackle for the Pats.

102) Kraig Urbik, G, Wisconsin
Definition of a Pioli player

212) Tom Brandstater, QB, Fresno State
His college coach, Pat Hill is a Belichick guy. Also Pioli and the Pats liked California QBs – Brady, Cassel, McConnell, Gutierrez.

some strange connections and assumptions you made there

I'll be very disappointed if we don't upgrade or at least address the pass rush.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2009, 03:21 AM
I wouldn't really call it strange at all. Parcells disciples are the most predictable personnel guys in the league.

bdeg
04-22-2009, 03:24 AM
I wouldn't really call it strange at all. Parcells disciples are the most predictable personnel guys in the league.

You think Pioli has a thing for MAC RT's? And California QB's?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2009, 03:29 AM
You think Pioli has a thing for MAC RT's? And California QB's?

The MAC RTs are a stretch, and the California QBs seem to be more happenstance, but the Saban, Pat Hill, etc. connections are pretty well established.

bdeg
04-22-2009, 03:32 AM
Ya, I didn't mean to imply they were all strange. Part of my point was he was basing so many of his picks off of connections. I'm sure Pioli will talk to Saban about Caldwell, that doesn't mean he likes all Saban players, though.

KCrockaholic
04-22-2009, 07:33 AM
That would be a very good draft. It would be good to draft a WR in this draft though considering that this year is extremely deep at that position.

htismaqe
04-22-2009, 12:17 PM
The MAC RTs are a stretch, and the California QBs seem to be more happenstance, but the Saban, Pat Hill, etc. connections are pretty well established.

It wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with a later-round OL from Iowa. There's alot of them in the league and Pioli obviously has a connection there.

bdeg
04-22-2009, 12:32 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with a later-round OL from Iowa. There's alot of them in the league and Pioli obviously has a connection there.

Very true. Especially with Ferentz being an OL coach, I'm sure Pioli trusts his opinion on them.

ChiefsCountry
04-22-2009, 12:37 PM
some strange connections and assumptions you made there

I'll be very disappointed if we don't upgrade or at least address the pass rush.

I think you are putting too much stock in BS comments. The connections though historically with the Patriots drafts are their though.

Also I didnt see any pass rushers worthy of picks during the Chiefs time up.

ChiefsCountry
04-23-2009, 07:12 PM
I guess I sort of got the Tony G thing right.

RedThat
04-24-2009, 07:01 PM

yup that sounds like a realistic possibility.