PDA

View Full Version : Rams enter "Let's draft Sanchez and hold him hostage" sweepstakes.

orange
04-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Rams Leaning Monroe . . . Or Sanchez?

Posted by Mike Florio: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:13 PM

If the run-up to the draft weren't crazy enough, word is now emerging that the St. Louis Rams are considering two candidates with the second overall pick: tackle Eugene Monroe, and quarterback Mark Sanchez.

The shocker is Sanchez. The Rams have Marc Bulger under contract. (Then again, I've recently suggested that now might be the time to trade him.)

It could be that the Rams are merely hoping to cajole one of the teams in the teens who supposedly are interested in Sanchez (Broncos, Redskins, Jets) into believing that the only way to be sure that they'll get the former USC signal-caller is to move all the way to No. 2.

Currently, the thinking is that moving to No. 4 will be high enough to get Sanchez, if the team that wants Sanchez makes the move when the fourth pick is on the clock. If the Rams can move the target up two spots, they can trade down -- and also pick up some extra selections, in the hopes of filling more holes on a very bad roster.

http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2009/04/rams-leaning-monroe-and-sanche.html

OH NO!!! Does this leave the Chiefs' trade-down strategy in a shambles?!

Reaper16
04-22-2009, 04:59 PM
As always, St. Louis is the scourge of the fucking planet.

KCrockaholic
04-22-2009, 05:39 PM
This is when the NFL gets retarded heading into the draft. We will hear every possible story come out until April 25. I dont care what is said from now til the draft, I wont believe it until its final.

chiefs1111
04-22-2009, 05:41 PM
How dare they

cabletech94
04-22-2009, 05:48 PM
The Pioli plan is now in shambles!!!!
Quick, to the antifreeze!!!

htismaqe
04-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Well, if Detroit panics and takes Curry, then we're back in the game because the Rams can dangle Stafford OR Sanchez, and we can dangle the other.

Skyy God
04-22-2009, 05:59 PM
The minute that Florio suggests that Bulger has much trade value, he loses credibility.

htismaqe
04-22-2009, 06:07 PM
The minute that Florio suggests that Bulger has much trade value, he loses credibility.

I don't know. He wouldn't have much value to me, either.

But the NFL is a scaredy-cat league for the most part, starved for QB's. I could see somebody giving up something for him.

Mr. Krab
04-22-2009, 06:09 PM
if you think trading up to #3 is expensive.

Skyy God
04-22-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't know. He wouldn't have much value to me, either.

But the NFL is a scaredy-cat league for the most part, starved for QB's. I could see somebody giving up something for him.

Like 10 ash bats or a sixer. Something along those lines.

2006 was the time to trade Bulger, before he signed a new contract. If they were smart, they would have drafted Cutler, rather than trade down with the Broncos.

htismaqe
04-22-2009, 06:12 PM
if you think trading up to #3 is expensive.

Well, the option is always to throw the value chart out the window, which doesn't exactly help us.

If the Rams do it, we'll HAVE to, and that sucks.

the Talking Can
04-22-2009, 06:12 PM
i could see the Vikings trading for Bulger

Skyy God
04-22-2009, 06:20 PM

After they already traded a 4th for Sage Rosenfelds? Doubtful.

StcChief
04-22-2009, 06:29 PM
No surprise . Bulger blows.

Saul Good
04-22-2009, 07:29 PM

Bulger's contract makes him practically impossible to trade.

aturnis
04-22-2009, 09:29 PM
I don't buy this shit. If a team WANTS the player you are trading with them to get, you are going to have to give a boatload of ammo. It makes not sense. It'd cost the same to simply leap frog that team.

BigChiefFan
04-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Nobody buys that St. Louis or KC are going to take Sanchez, but many believe the Seahawks will, that gives the edge to K.C.. St. Louis practically announced they would be taking an OT and lost alot of leverage in the process. Add that they released Pace and they shot themselves in the foot for any hope of a trade.

htismaqe
04-23-2009, 07:56 AM
Nobody buys that St. Louis or KC are going to take Sanchez, but many believe the Seahawks will, that gives the edge to K.C.. St. Louis practically announced they would be taking an OT and lost alot of leverage in the process. Add that they released Pace and they shot themselves in the foot for any hope of a trade.

I'll bet you're right. Good take.