Buck
04-22-2009, 11:50 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79879

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/22/jaguars-new-uniforms-announced/

http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2009/04/jaguars-new-uniforms.jpg
http://blackandteal.com/files/2009/04/picture-20-300x187.png

Buck
04-22-2009, 11:53 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/10/AFCS-Uniform-JAX.PNG/275px-AFCS-Uniform-JAX.PNG

alnorth
04-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Are they trying to be the Dolphins now?

Sure-Oz
04-22-2009, 11:57 PM
pretty gay, that said i hope jeremy maclin gets drafted by them instead of Oakland

RealSNR
04-23-2009, 12:05 AM
I can't tell the difference

dj56dt58
04-23-2009, 12:08 AM
I can't tell the difference

me either...

Buck
04-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Old
http://bp2.blogger.com/_zImu5bbtRNE/RyHkDbPOi9I/AAAAAAAAAFk/jXMeBdv5bCM/s400/davidg.jpg

New
http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2009/04/jaguars-new-uniforms.jpg

SPATCH
04-23-2009, 12:27 AM
the change is subtle... yet they look considerably worse

Buehler445
04-23-2009, 12:36 AM
So they got boob lines?

Buck
04-23-2009, 12:39 AM
Those colors are horrendous.

They should have changed their color scheme.

I would have liked to seen red replace the teal.

SBK
04-23-2009, 12:45 AM
JAX looks best in all black. Dump the teal, go with all black or all white. Since they're in Florida they'd be in all white at home a lot probably....

ChiefsCountry
04-23-2009, 12:47 AM
Getting ready for Los Angeles it seems.

MoreLemonPledge
04-23-2009, 01:00 AM
The jersey is awful. The helmet is kind of cool. It's black, but when you get the right angle it turns teal.

XXXshogunXXX
04-23-2009, 04:00 AM
they couldnt have picked a gayer picture. Garard always kinda had a questionable lisp..

salame
04-23-2009, 04:15 AM
The Jags are so bad ass.

MMXcalibur
04-23-2009, 06:01 AM
I like the old Jags uniforms better. I do agree that the script needed to change though. Gold, black and a tad bit of teal....that's the Jacksonville Jaguars.

MahiMike
04-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Not terribly crazy about the unis but the helmets are really cool. They're painted with a mirroring effect. They'll blind their opponents!

LaChapelle
04-23-2009, 06:35 AM
That whole franchise was a mistake. The fans could move on to the Bucs or Fins with seamless ease.

Archie F. Swin
04-23-2009, 06:45 AM
That whole franchise was a mistake. The fans could move on to the Bucs or Fins with seamless ease.

sorry but thats total bullshit. From a business standpoint, the Jaguars is one of biggest underdog wins in modern NFL history. The group "Touchdown Jacksonville" (one of its members being Derron Cherry) did everything right from a business standpoint and beat incredible odd to bring and NFL franchise to a relatively small media market. No mistakes made....well, save for Tony Boselli

LaChapelle
04-23-2009, 06:48 AM
Cut ties with Del Rio and ship'em to Vegas.

dtebbe
04-23-2009, 06:50 AM
When are people going to realize that teal is not even cool on the ski slopes anymore...

DT

Archie F. Swin
04-23-2009, 06:52 AM
if you think Football is huge in Kan/Mizzou....you should spend a football season in north Florida. Florida and FSU fans make Oklahoma fans look indifferent.

LaChapelle
04-23-2009, 06:54 AM
Ship them to Mexico.

Mama Hip Rockets
04-23-2009, 06:55 AM
LINES!

KcFanInGA
04-23-2009, 07:20 AM
I saw this on Nfl network, and they showed the helmets spiffy two tone job when you turn it in the light. Pretty slick. And I agree these colors are just an odd choice for a team in the Sunshine state.

CoMoChief
04-23-2009, 07:22 AM
Not really too much difference from how the older ones looked. I guess thats just me, but I guess I would have to have both of them put up next to eachother.

blaise
04-23-2009, 07:27 AM
I think between the helmet and jerseys they maybe have the worst uniforms in the league.

CoMoChief
04-23-2009, 07:29 AM
I think between the helmet and jerseys they maybe have the worst uniforms in the league.

Personally I dont like the Browns uni's.

Shit brown and puke orange.

Sully
04-23-2009, 07:34 AM
I like the old uni better.

But the helmet is friggin awesome. I'd like to see more teams do that.

Hell, I'd like it if teams would do the 2-tone helmet thing like San Diego State's, where it fades from top to bottom.

blaise
04-23-2009, 07:38 AM
sorry but thats total bullshit. From a business standpoint, the Jaguars is one of biggest underdog wins in modern NFL history. The group "Touchdown Jacksonville" (one of its members being Derron Cherry) did everything right from a business standpoint and beat incredible odd to bring and NFL franchise to a relatively small media market. No mistakes made....well, save for Tony Boselli

And Reggie Williams and Matt Jones. Didn't they have to put a tarp over like 10,000 seats just so they could get sellouts and avoid blackouts?

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-23-2009, 08:04 AM

Carolina imo

blaise
04-23-2009, 08:15 AM
Carolina imo

They're pretty bad too.

RippedmyFlesh
04-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Carolina imo
Yep its like a detroit lion scheme gone moldy

MMXcalibur
04-23-2009, 09:41 AM
One team that NEVER should have changed their uniforms were the Buffalo Bills. The old, Jim Kelly unis were classic. Why the fuck they thought the new ones were any better just baffles me....

Also, the Vikings.

Just keep it simple! That's why I hope Kansas City never even THINKS about changing unis/logos.

Ultra Peanut
04-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Piping!

Iowanian
04-23-2009, 09:43 AM
They'd only be gheyer if they were say, Orange, or Powder Blue.

KCrockaholic
04-23-2009, 09:44 AM
They arent as ugly as that Gay Raider SH*T! Black and Gray? How F***in boring and gay....

ChiefsCountry
04-23-2009, 09:45 AM

They were picked for a reason. NFL knew teams would move to St. Louis, Baltimore, Tennessee and they could get new stadiums for teams. It just back fired on them when it was the LA teams that moved.

DaneMcCloud
04-23-2009, 10:22 AM

LMAO

Otter
04-23-2009, 10:37 AM
I honestly can't tell what the hell is different from the old uniforms.

KCrockaholic
04-23-2009, 10:44 AM
if you think Football is huge in Kan/Mizzou....you should spend a football season in north Florida. Florida and FSU fans make Oklahoma fans look indifferent.

Texas is probably the craziest when it comes to football. Im not talking about the college. Im talking about high school.

blaise
04-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Texas is probably the craziest when it comes to football. Im not talking about the college. Im talking about high school.

Yeah, some of the high school stadiums down there look like little college stadiums. I lived in Central PA for a few years too. They're pretty intense about it, a lot of people are very emotionally invested in the high school teams. They don't have the money or the number of talented players across the board that Texas or Florida do, but they're no joke. I've heard Ohio is like that too.

jimhitter
04-23-2009, 11:32 AM
One team that NEVER should have changed their uniforms were the Buffalo Bills. The old, Jim Kelly unis were classic. Why the **** they thought the new ones were any better just baffles me....

Also, the Vikings.

Just keep it simple! That's why I hope Kansas City never even THINKS about changing unis/logos.

Agreed, too many overkill graphic designers involved in uniform creation. Why the hell do we need all these crazy angled armpit lines and tapered pant stripes. The Bills uni gives me a headache trying to seperate out the different blues.

L.A. Chieffan
04-23-2009, 11:34 AM
i like em, we should probably change our threads every year that way i can get a new thigpen jersey all the time

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Helmet = Cool.

Uni = Meh.

i like em, we should probably change our threads every year that way i can get a new thigpen jersey all the time

ROFL It's funny 'cause it's sad!

kc rush
04-23-2009, 09:12 PM
So they got boob lines?

Maybe coke lines?

Matt Jones (http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/071008/jag_302342508.shtml)

Jimmy Smith (http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-04-23/story/jimmy_smith_released_on_bail_after_arrest_on_drug_charges)

Reggie Williams (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-reggiewilliamsarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns)

kcfanXIII
04-23-2009, 09:18 PM
i hate it when teams buck tradition

Jethopper
04-23-2009, 09:27 PM
arena leaguey.

Archie F. Swin
04-24-2009, 06:53 AM
I think the White jersey, black helmet, black pants is one of the best looks in the league

LaChapelle
05-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Jaguars behind in ticket sales, blackouts loom

The team needs to sell 50,000 non-premium seats; a source says about 35,000 have been sold.

If Jaguars fans want to see the team play at home this year, they’re probably going to have to buy a ticket.

The Jaguars may be forced to blackout most, if not all, eight regular season home games on TV.

The Jaguars need to sell 50,000 non-premium seats at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium to lift the blackout, but they’re not close to that figure after finishing their season ticket renewal campaign.

Tim Connolly, the team’s senior vice president for business administration, declined to release the figure of how many non-premium seats they’ve sold, but a league source put the figure in the 35,000-range.

“It’s going to be challenging,’’ Connolly said of the possibility of avoiding blackouts although he’s not giving up and is starting a multifaceted campaign to sell tickets.

In the past, the Jaguars have waited until July to sell halfpacks of five games each for prices starting at $200 a halfpack.

They’ll start to sell them Sunday when they stage their open house select-a-seat event. They’re also having a seat relocation plan for current ticket holders this weekend.

The Jaguars aren’t the only team having problems selling tickets in this sluggish economy. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers reported they had thousands of fans on their waiting list just two years ago, but the list has now evaporated and they have tickets available.

Joel Glazer, the son of Bucs’ owner Malcolm Glazer, told the St. Petersburg Times, “Around the league, there’s no question we are feeling the effects (of the economy) like a lot of other teams.’’

The Jaguars plan to stress group sales. Although they’re usually targeted to corporate clients, the Jaguars are pointing out that if 10 friends or family members get together and buy tickets for a game, they can buy $50 tickets for $40. And they have a family plan for families that buy four tickets that includes food coupons for a hot dog, nachos and a soft drink.

Connolly said the team is even starting a 12-month payment plan next month for fans who want to buy tickets for the 2010 season.

Connolly also stressed the Jaguars have some of the lowest ticket prices in the league and didn’t raise prices this year. They have season tickets on sale for as low as $390 a ticket.

Still, the odds are against the Jaguars selling 15,000 non-premium tickets between now and the start of the season. Last year, they avoided blackouts, but had sold about 43,000 non-premium season tickets at this point. And last year, the schedule included the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers, whose fans follow them in droves on the road. Neither team is on this year’s schedule.

Spott
05-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Jaguars behind in ticket sales, blackouts loom

The team needs to sell 50,000 non-premium seats; a source says about 35,000 have been sold.

If Jaguars fans want to see the team play at home this year, they’re probably going to have to buy a ticket.

The Jaguars may be forced to blackout most, if not all, eight regular season home games on TV.

The Jaguars need to sell 50,000 non-premium seats at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium to lift the blackout, but they’re not close to that figure after finishing their season ticket renewal campaign.

Tim Connolly, the team’s senior vice president for business administration, declined to release the figure of how many non-premium seats they’ve sold, but a league source put the figure in the 35,000-range.

“It’s going to be challenging,’’ Connolly said of the possibility of avoiding blackouts although he’s not giving up and is starting a multifaceted campaign to sell tickets.

In the past, the Jaguars have waited until July to sell halfpacks of five games each for prices starting at $200 a halfpack.

They’ll start to sell them Sunday when they stage their open house select-a-seat event. They’re also having a seat relocation plan for current ticket holders this weekend.

The Jaguars aren’t the only team having problems selling tickets in this sluggish economy. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers reported they had thousands of fans on their waiting list just two years ago, but the list has now evaporated and they have tickets available.

Joel Glazer, the son of Bucs’ owner Malcolm Glazer, told the St. Petersburg Times, “Around the league, there’s no question we are feeling the effects (of the economy) like a lot of other teams.’’

The Jaguars plan to stress group sales. Although they’re usually targeted to corporate clients, the Jaguars are pointing out that if 10 friends or family members get together and buy tickets for a game, they can buy $50 tickets for $40. And they have a family plan for families that buy four tickets that includes food coupons for a hot dog, nachos and a soft drink.

Connolly said the team is even starting a 12-month payment plan next month for fans who want to buy tickets for the 2010 season.

Connolly also stressed the Jaguars have some of the lowest ticket prices in the league and didn’t raise prices this year. They have season tickets on sale for as low as $390 a ticket.

Still, the odds are against the Jaguars selling 15,000 non-premium tickets between now and the start of the season. Last year, they avoided blackouts, but had sold about 43,000 non-premium season tickets at this point. And last year, the schedule included the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers, whose fans follow them in droves on the road. Neither team is on this year’s schedule.

They only avoided those blackouts because they played a lot of teams that travel well who bought a ton of tickets. I've been going to their games for the last 6 or 7 years and they have only had a few true sellouts. When the team was new, they would fill up all 72,000 seats. They've been covering up over 9,000 seats the past few season and still haven't been able to fill the stadium. Jacksonville really isn't a pro football town. They love college football and every sports bar is packed on Saturdays with Gator fans, but they don't have the enthusiasm for pro football.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 08:28 PM
They only avoided those blackouts because they played a lot of teams that travel well who bought a ton of tickets. I've been going to their games for the last 6 or 7 years and they have only had a few true sellouts. When the team was new, they would fill up all 72,000 seats. They've been covering up over 9,000 seats the past few season and still haven't been able to fill the stadium. Jacksonville really isn't a pro football town. They love college football and every sports bar is packed on Saturdays with Gator fans, but they don't have the enthusiasm for pro football.

The Brunell-era was pretty good. That team gave KC headaches pretty much every time we played them.

Spott
05-25-2009, 08:30 PM
The Brunell-era was pretty good. That team gave KC headaches pretty much every time we played them.

We always seem to lose to the Florida teams no matter what kind of a season we are having.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 08:34 PM
We always seem to lose to the Florida teams no matter what kind of a season we are having.

Truth.

whoman69
05-25-2009, 08:37 PM
I've never really liked the Jags uniforms. Can't anybody in Florida make a decent uniform?

We'll have quite a few teams fighting like the Jags to avoid blackouts, especially if they're not contending. Its going to leave open plenty of opportunites for rabid fans to follow their teams on the road.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 08:40 PM
I've never really liked the Jags uniforms. Can't anybody in Florida make a decent uniform?

We'll have quite a few teams fighting like the Jags to avoid blackouts, especially if they're not contending. Its going to leave open plenty of opportunites for rabid fans to follow their teams on the road.

I'm sure someone will tell you what a timeless masterpiece that Dolphins POS is shortly.

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2009, 08:44 PM
The new Seahawks' alternate jerseys looks like shit specifically baby shit green.

Cormac
05-25-2009, 08:46 PM
I might be the only one who doesn't like that helmet. That two-tone glittery look is like a fairground bumper-car.

It's a shame that profit from jersey sales is causing wholesale changes to uniforms year to year.

Spott
05-25-2009, 08:53 PM

The Bucs are the only team in the state with decent uniforms. Miami's are the ugliest and most feminine in the league, but at least those pastel colors are part of the style down there. Jacksonville should have went with a real color instead of that Teal crap.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 08:59 PM
The Bucs are the only team in the state with decent uniforms. Miami's are the ugliest and most feminine in the league, but at least those pastel colors are part of the style down there. Jacksonville should have went with a real color instead of that Teal crap.

Have to agree. What an improvement over the creamsicle and Orlando Bloom on the helmet.

Mojo Rising
05-25-2009, 10:57 PM

The Rams are more likely as their ownership is up in the air. Roski, behind the new stadium in the City of Industry, wants to own a team.

The Vikes or Jags could follow as a second team to LA. However, their owners don't want to sell.

The Raiders are another possibility if Davis dies soon. The Bills too. The Saints would have been a possibility as Benson's days are numbered. However, they just signed a new deal with Louisiana.

The neighboring city of Walnut has a lawsuit to block Roskis stadium. Once that is overcome, expect the NFL to return to LA.

Thig Lyfe
05-25-2009, 10:59 PM
The Bills too.

Seems to me the Bills are a good bet to move to Toronto.

blaise
05-25-2009, 11:01 PM

I don't think the people in Toronto would keep supporting it. I could be wrong but I don't see it.

Mojo Rising
05-25-2009, 11:18 PM

Could happen. It would be tough for the 2 cities to support them.

If Wilson dies and Roski buys them. They will be in LA.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Could happen. It would be tough for the 2 cities to support them.

If Wilson dies and Roski buys them. They will be in LA.

Fine with me. Send 'em home to LA.

I bet London would support the Bills. :D

tomahawk kid
05-26-2009, 07:53 AM
The Rams are more likely as their ownership is up in the air. Roski, behind the new stadium in the City of Industry, wants to own a team.

The Vikes or Jags could follow as a second team to LA. However, their owners don't want to sell.

The Raiders are another possibility if Davis dies soon. The Bills too. The Saints would have been a possibility as Benson's days are numbered. However, they just signed a new deal with Louisiana.

The neighboring city of Walnut has a lawsuit to block Roskis stadium. Once that is overcome, expect the NFL to return to LA.

How great would it be to see the Lambs move BACK to LA?

After seeing all the "hardcore" St Louis fans jump on / off that bandwagon over the past 10 seasons - I'd laugh my a$$ off if that were to happen.

I was at Mizzou when St Louis won the SB. You wouldn't believe all the "lifelong" Rams fans that came out of the woodwork, even though they couldn't name 5-6 players on the team - much less who Eric Dickerson or Jim Everett.

JD10367
05-26-2009, 08:17 AM
It's all Denver's fault. They started it with that craptacular orange sweatstain uni.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-26-2009, 08:53 AM
It's all Denver's fault. They started it with that craptacular orange sweatstain uni.

There's absolutely no helping that team. Their throwbacks make dogshit look attractive, their previous incarnation with the "D-Horse" was lame-assed shit too, and well; you've seen their new rig.

No helping. None whatsoever.

Halfcan
05-26-2009, 04:41 PM
gay

Dottefan
05-26-2009, 04:48 PM
They should stay with the all black ones. I actualy think those are one of the best looking uniforms in the NFL

TEX
05-26-2009, 05:22 PM

This.