PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Gargoyles: The animated series

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2009, 12:34 AM
http://www.tv-links.cc/cartoon/gargoyles.htm

Man, that was a cool show with top notch voice actors too. I DVR this on latenight "Disney XD" so I can reminisce when cartoons were of good quality.

Thig Lyfe
04-23-2009, 12:35 AM
I was 100% sure this would be a demonpenz thread.

Valiant
04-23-2009, 12:47 AM
I used to love this series.. Besides drawn and voiced well, it had decent stories.. Ala Batman cartoon at the same time.. I wonder if they did both??

Gravedigger
04-23-2009, 01:04 AM
I loved the series too before they started going back in time and found his daughter and what not. I DVR Spider-Man and X-Men, not only that but the X-Men DVD Seasons 1 and 2 are coming to DVD on April 28th.

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2009, 01:05 AM
I used to love this series.. Besides drawn and voiced well, it had decent stories.. Ala Batman cartoon at the same time.. I wonder if they did both??

Asner had some cameo roles in the 90's Batman series.

I hope someway the Disney suits can breathe life into the Gargoyles series again but it's a long shot.

Silock
04-23-2009, 01:24 AM
X-Men animated series is coming out on DVD next week, I think. FTW!

Valiant
04-23-2009, 02:29 AM
I loved the series too before they started going back in time and found his daughter and what not. I DVR Spider-Man and X-Men, not only that but the X-Men DVD Seasons 1 and 2 are coming to DVD on April 28th.

Watch wolverine and the x-men, it is on now.. About 25 episodes online..

Check my SFW streaming thread..

MoreLemonPledge
04-23-2009, 02:44 AM
I loved that show.

oaklandhater
04-23-2009, 03:35 AM
the late 80's- mid 90's were the golden age of Cartoon's before nick/Cartoon network came along and blew it all to hell.

Valiant
04-23-2009, 02:46 PM
the late 80's- mid 90's were the golden age of Cartoon's before nick/Cartoon network came along and blew it all to hell.

There is also a new GI joe on adult swim that looks good..

Silock
04-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Watch wolverine and the x-men, it is on now.. About 25 episodes online..

Check my SFW streaming thread..

Your what thread?

Thig Lyfe
04-23-2009, 04:29 PM

Are somehow implying that Nickelodeon didn't have some awesome cartoons?

Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Angry Beavers (just to name a handful)

oaklandhater
04-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Are somehow implying that Nickelodeon didn't have some awesome cartoons?

Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Angry Beavers (just to name a handful)

when nick started airing spongebob and rocket power and thornberrys I do kinda of hold them somewhat responsible for the dumbing down of cartoon's.

Also Rocko's Modern Life was the shit.

Mr. Krab
04-23-2009, 04:34 PM
They head gargoyle guy was Worf from Star Trek.

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2009, 04:38 PM
They head gargoyle guy was Worf from Star Trek.

http://aalbc.com/reviews/keith_5.jpg

nope it was Keith David from They Live/Something About Mary ect........

Though Michael Dorn did play Cold Stone in the series

Mr. Krab
04-23-2009, 04:46 PM
http://aalbc.com/reviews/keith_5.jpg

nope it was Keith David from They Live/Something About Mary ect........

Though Michael Dorn did play Cold Stone in the series
wow, i guess my mind is getting old and mixed up.

88TG88
04-23-2009, 04:57 PM
It was just ok.

Mr. Krab
04-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Wow, Star Trek reunion on Gargoyles

Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi on The Next Generation) as the morally ambiguous Demona

Jonathan Frakes (William Riker on The Next Generation) as David Xanatos, who also bears a resemblance to the actor

Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway on Voyager) as Titania

Michael Dorn (Worf on The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine) as Coldstone and Taurus

Brent Spiner (Data on The Next Generation) as Puck

Nichelle Nichols (Uhura on Star Trek) as Diane Maza

David Warner (Gorkon in Star Trek VI and Gul Madred in Chain of Command) as the Archmage

Paul Winfield (Clark Terrell in Star Trek II and Dathon in Darmok) as Jeffrey Robbins

Avery Brooks (Benjamin Sisko on Deep Space Nine) as Nokkar

Colm Meaney (Miles O'Brien on The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine) as Mr. Dugan

LeVar Burton (Geordi La Forge on The Next Generation) as Anansi

John Rhys-Davies (Leonardo da Vinci on Voyager) as Macbeth

Valiant
04-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Your what thread?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201125&highlight=nsfw+streaming+movies

To watch tv shows or movies..

Thig Lyfe
04-24-2009, 12:30 AM
when nick started airing spongebob and rocket power and thornberrys I do kinda of hold them somewhat responsible for the dumbing down of cartoon's.

Also Rocko's Modern Life was the shit.

Spongebob is legit. If you actually watch it, there's plenty of subversive shit that kids won't catch. It's not as overtly adult as some of the stuff in Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's, but it's there.

EyePod
04-29-2009, 08:36 AM
Man, older cartoons were so much better. Not like this Ben 10 shit. What kind of superhero has 10 different powers? He has no limitations that way! These gargoyles could only be out at night, batman didn't have any super powers, but these super heroes now-a-days have 10 fucking powers. What a bunch of BS.