PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Image and Perception

Groves
04-23-2009, 07:09 AM
I'm rather enjoying our new GM/Coach situation, and what Chiefs fan doesn't get a rise out of a cold blooded Pioli stare or a report of a fiery Haley interaction?

There are of course several factual reasons to be encouraged, but I can't help but notice how much of a bounce these fellers get simply by the way they conduct themselves.

They have of course done some things in their short tenure here, and there are things done elsewhere that can fill in our views of them, but for the relatively little time they've been active in our KC world, they're certainly getting a lot of bonus points from..........perception.

I mean they've been involved in zero KC drafts, they have coached zero KC games, but I'm all in, I'm on the bandwagon, and those intense reports aren't hurting at all.

We want a deviously intelligent and powerful GM, he might as well look the part.
We want a hard working and knowledgeable coach, he might as well act like it from day 1.

I'm thrilled, and my blind fan homerism is convinced that they'll deliver on what their image is promising.

Molitoth
04-23-2009, 07:57 AM
I'm not sold on Haley yet, but Pioli can do whatever he wants in my book.... he has the track record of proven worth.

EyePod
04-23-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm not sold on Haley yet, but Pioli can do whatever he wants in my book.... he has the track record of proven worth.

But he isn't any worse than the "better guy" (95% of us really thought he was a better choice), Josh "Baby Face" McDaniels. I mean, he could be, but he isn't yet.

Also, I really think that Pioli has done some of the moves just to get the Chiefs in the news and on people's minds. It's ridiculous that we don't have any prime time games, and I think Pioli is trying to change that. I mean, the fucking Lions have the Thanksgiving game, and we won INFINITY % more games than then.

Mr. Krab
04-23-2009, 09:45 AM
I have doubts about Haley and even bigger doubts about our defensive coaching staff. But it's just time to wait and see.

Micjones
04-23-2009, 09:49 AM
That perception will ultimately only be based on whether or not this is a winning organization.

Fat Elvis
04-23-2009, 09:53 AM
We want a deviously intelligent and powerful GM, he might as well look the part.

I'm thrilled, and my blind fan homerism is convinced that they'll deliver on what their image is promising.

Pioli's record speaks to that image, but he certainly doesn't look the part....

Mr. Kotter
04-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Pioli's record speaks to that image, but he certainly doesn't look the part....

What? You not a fan of The Sopranos or The Godfather....