PDA

View Full Version : Gosselin's Top 100 prospects

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Rick Gosselin's Top 100 Prospects (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/042409dnsponfltop100.7dd05b.html)

the Talking Can
04-23-2009, 05:09 PM
One of the problems is that NFL talent evaluators are judging these prospects fresh off the 2008 draft. And this slate of prospects doesn't hold up to players selected at the same positions a year ago.

Jake Long is better than any tackle on this draft board. Chris Long is better than any defensive end on this draft board. Matt Ryan is better than any quarterback on this draft board. Darren McFadden was a better prospect than any running back on this draft board, as was Glenn Dorsey at defensive tackle. Most NFL talent evaluators would take Jerod Mayo, the best linebacker in the 2008 NFL draft, over Aaron Curry, the best linebacker in this draft.

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2009, 05:10 PM
It's starting to look like Tyson Jackson will definitely be an option that will be seriously considered in the Pioli/Haley camp.

Mecca
04-23-2009, 05:10 PM
If he really thinks Long is a better OT prospect...he's fucking nuts.

Brock
04-23-2009, 05:11 PM
It's starting to look like Tyson Jackson will definitely be an option that will be seriously considered in the Pioli/Haley camp.

That sounds like predraft bullshit to me.

Mecca
04-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Some of those things I think are realistic others not so much....

I'm not sure McFadden was even the best back in his own class.

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2009, 05:13 PM
If he really thinks Long is a better OT prospect...he's fucking nuts.

Gosselin has stated he doesn't come up with the perspective opinions from watching tape, and he's been quoted in saying "that's not my job, I talk to the people who holds those jobs and form my draft board" . In other words he's talked to some scouts/front office personnel and he's conveying their opinions.

Archie Bunker
04-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Crabtree, Maclin, and Jackson's rankings really caught my attention. At this point I think anything is possible at 3.

eazyb81
04-23-2009, 05:15 PM

It makes too much sense for him not to be an option, especially in a year like this one where there really aren't any consensus top players.

BigRock
04-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Gosselin has stated he doesn't come up with the perspective opinions from watching tape, and he's been quoted in saying "that's not my job, I talk to the people who holds those jobs and form my draft board" . In other words he's talked to some scouts/front office personnel and he's conveying their opinions.

It says it right on the page there.

The Top 100 is compiled based on conversations with NFL general managers, personnel directors, pro and college coaches and scouts.

Who was it that was saying no scouts had Crabtree as a top 10 talent or something? I don't remember what thread it was.

keg in kc
04-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Everette Brown in the 50s.

The Bad Guy
04-23-2009, 05:29 PM
I'd be really curious to know if we ever met with Crabtree. I just have a hard time believing that Haley, in his pass-happy offense, is going to roll out Bowe, Engram, and Bradley.

Mr. Krab
04-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Gosselin believes in Jesus.

The Bad Guy
Everette Brown in the 50s.

There are some people on this board that feels that Everette Brown is worth the 3rd pick.

keg in kc
There are some people on this board that feels that Everette Brown is worth the 3rd pick.I've been in favor of it, although later in the round rather than at 3.

milkman
04-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Let me bottom line it for you.

If we can't trade down, we're fucked.

MoreLemonPledge
04-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Who was it that was saying no scouts had Crabtree as a top 10 talent or something? I don't remember what thread it was.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206418&page=2

Post 24. I remember that one specifically.

Mecca
04-23-2009, 05:52 PM
There are some people on this board that feels that Everette Brown is worth the 3rd pick.

Justin Tuck went in the 50's.

buddha
04-23-2009, 05:56 PM
That paragraph that Goose wrote about this guy or that guy from last year's draft being better than the best at each position of this draft is complete bullshit. Easy to cherry pick once you KNOW how they are going to turn out, isn't it? That doesn't make the 2008 draft any better than the 2009 draft. It just makes it more of a known commodity. Talk about twisted logic!???

I don't worship Goose like a lot of guys on this board. He's just another writer with his own opinions.

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2009, 06:03 PM
I don't worship Goose like a lot of guys on this board. He's just another writer with his own opinions.

Like I said he's just conveying the collective opinion of scouts/front office personnel

MoreLemonPledge
04-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Contradiction...

In his Top 100, he has Crabtree #2. However, in his most recent mock draft he has Jason Smith falling to us and says "Best player available at any position upgrades the Chiefs". Crabtree is still available and goes to the Browns at #5.

What?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/041809dnspomockdraft.e3cc4cc9.html

keg in kc
04-23-2009, 06:33 PM
That paragraph that Goose wrote about this guy or that guy from last year's draft being better than the best at each position of this draft is complete bullshit. Easy to cherry pick once you KNOW how they are going to turn out, isn't it? That doesn't make the 2008 draft any better than the 2009 draft. It just makes it more of a known commodity. Talk about twisted logic!???That wasn't the point he was making. What he's saying is that those players at this time last year were all rated higher than any of the players in this draft.

And they were. This class is not strong at all.

Chiefnj2
04-23-2009, 08:16 PM

His opinions are usually based on his interviews with actual scouts and personnel guys. That's why his mocks are usually accurate.

Brock
04-23-2009, 08:17 PM
His opinions are usually based on his interviews with actual scouts and personnel guys. That's why his mocks are usually accurate.

His Saturday morning mocks are fairly accurate.

Mr. Krab
04-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Going by Gosselins current mock we could get BJ Raji and Michael Oher if we trade down with the donks.

htismaqe
04-23-2009, 09:16 PM

Very true.

His final mock draft is the most accurate out there.

However, it should be noted that his "inside" information, the stuff that makes his final mock so good, doesn't factor into his Top 100 rankings. His Top 100 rankings are good, but not nearly as good as his final mock.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2009, 01:12 AM
Also, his overall accuracy should be weighed against his accuracy in predicting New England's picks.

Additionally, Jerod Mayo was not the highest rated LB in the draft last year, that was Keith Rivers.

BryanBusby
04-24-2009, 03:29 AM
If he really thinks Long is a better OT prospect...he's ****ing nuts.

Jake Long definitely doesn't have as high of of a ceiling as some prospects like Jason Smith, but he was definitely was very polished as a prospect going into the draft last year.

Skyy God
04-24-2009, 09:41 AM
Contradiction...

In his Top 100, he has Crabtree #2. However, in his most recent mock draft he has Jason Smith falling to us and says "Best player available at any position upgrades the Chiefs". Crabtree is still available and goes to the Browns at #5.

What?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/041809dnspomockdraft.e3cc4cc9.html

It's a needs draft.... his first mock was BPA.

MoreLemonPledge
04-24-2009, 01:46 PM
It's a needs draft.... his first mock was BPA.

I know, it's the wording that threw me off.