PDA

View Full Version : Video Games XBOX 360 - Media Sharing Problem.

|Zach|
04-24-2009, 12:58 AM
Just got an XBOX 360...having a small issue. I can't get any of my songs on there from the windows media player library...

Internet connection works...
PC Connection works...
I can see pictures from my computer on the picture thing...
I can see videos stream from my computer on the video thing...

But when the music one comes up? There is nothing. I have a whole library filled with songs. Some of them I got from iTunes (I understand I can't use these, not a problem) but most of them are straight no DRM MP3 files. It is like there is nothing there, however when I make a playlist and populate it with songs on my computer it shows the playlist but nothing in it.

Whats up? Thanks for any help someone could throw my way.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2009, 01:00 AM
Download and use Orb. It's far superior to the WMP method of streaming.

MoreLemonPledge
04-24-2009, 01:30 AM
Just got an XBOX 360...having a small issue. I can't get any of my songs on there from the windows media player library...

Internet connection works...
PC Connection works...
I can see pictures from my computer on the picture thing...
I can see videos stream from my computer on the video thing...

But when the music one comes up? There is nothing. I have a whole library filled with songs. Some of them I got from iTunes (I understand I can't use these, not a problem) but most of them are straight no DRM MP3 files. It is like there is nothing there, however when I make a playlist and populate it with songs on my computer it shows the playlist but nothing in it.

Whats up? Thanks for any help someone could throw my way.

It's been so long since I set mine up I'm not sure how to help. Only thing I can think of is the folder that your music is in isn't being monitored. Maybe this will help:

http://forums.xbox.com/1076872/ShowPost.aspx

scorpio
04-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Download and use Orb. It's far superior to the WMP method of streaming.

PlayOn is really sweet too. Can stream Hulu, YouTube, ESPN content, all kinds of stuff in addition to movies/pictures/music.

|Zach|
04-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Turns out I couldn't have the folder on my desktop anymore, it has to be in the "My Music" folder...thanks for taking time out to help folks.

MoreLemonPledge
04-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Turns out I couldn't have the folder on my desktop anymore, it has to be in the "My Music" folder...thanks for taking time out to help folks.

That was my thought. Glad you figured it out! Now enjoy not listening to crappy videogame music anymore!

htismaqe
04-24-2009, 12:24 PM

The actual link between the two is a hidden app in your Program Files directory called Windows Media Connect.

If you run that app, you should be able to change the source directory, similar to changing it in WMP.