PDA

View Full Version : Football So Drew Brees is kind of a badass...

DJ's left nut
04-24-2009, 08:01 AM
This is a Sports Science clip. The competition is: Who can hit a bullseye more often from 20 yards, Drew Brees, or an olympic archer?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tVoqA-LKGb4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tVoqA-LKGb4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's a pretty slick analysis. And as always: if it's a repost, I really don't care.

ziggysocki
04-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Impressive...that's all I can say.

BigMeatballDave
04-24-2009, 08:25 AM
52? I thought he threw harder than that.

DJ's left nut
04-24-2009, 08:57 AM
52? I thought he threw harder than that.

I think the point was that EVERY THROW was 52 when it left his hand.

And they all had the same upward angle, rotation and axis. I can't wipe my ass with that kind of precision.

It's really an incredible display.

jimhitter
04-24-2009, 09:13 AM
I think the point was that EVERY THROW was 52 when it left his hand.

And they all had the same upward angle, rotation and axis. I can't wipe my ass with that kind of precision.

It's really an incredible display.

:LOL:

BigMeatballDave
04-24-2009, 09:38 AM
What surprised me the most was the 600 RPMs.

jidar
04-24-2009, 09:58 AM
this is the Quarterback A.J. Smith wanted to get rid of, and the reason Marty went apeshit on Smith and then got himself canned.

A.J. Smith has done a decent job over there, but the handling of Brees and Marty was his biggest fuckup.

EyePod
04-24-2009, 10:00 AM
This is a Sports Science clip. The competition is: Who can hit a bullseye more often from 20 yards, Drew Brees, or an olympic archer?

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tVoqA-LKGb4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

It's a pretty slick analysis. And as always: if it's a repost, I really don't care.

He won't be good in the NFL because he's too short. ;)

EyePod
04-24-2009, 10:01 AM
this is the Quarterback A.J. Smith wanted to get rid of, and the reason Marty went apeshit on Smith and then got himself canned.

A.J. Smith has done a decent job over there, but the handling of Brees and Marty was his biggest ****up.

The hiring of Norv is his biggest fuckup. Norv Turner is the only reason that team didn't win a Super Bowl.

Molitoth
04-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Holy shit, Drew Brees is a badass.

jidar
04-24-2009, 10:02 AM
The hiring of Norv is his biggest ****up. Norv Turner is the only reason that team didn't win a Super Bowl.

I rank that #2, especially considering that the only reason he had to hire Norv in the first place was because he was fucking things up with the Brees/Marty situation.

BigMeatballDave
04-24-2009, 10:05 AM
The hiring of Norv is his biggest fuckup. Norv Turner is the only reason that team didn't win a Super Bowl.They weren't gonna win with Marty either.

beach tribe
04-24-2009, 10:09 AM
That is the best display of throwing the football i have ever seen. Has Drew ever competed in the NFL skills challenge where they throw at moving targets? Trent G. did pretty good in that one year. I bet Drew would really kick some ass.

Nzoner
04-24-2009, 10:21 AM
That was awesome,I always try and get Brees in my FF leagues and on Sundays love to watch him play the game.

EyePod
04-24-2009, 10:21 AM
I rank that #2, especially considering that the only reason he had to hire Norv in the first place was because he was ****ing things up with the Brees/Marty situation.

I'd say they were about even. He could have hired my grandma, and she would have won that SB. And my grandma is an alcoholic who likes soap operas.

EyePod
04-24-2009, 10:22 AM
That was awesome,I always try and get Brees in my FF leagues and on Sundays love to watch him play the game.

He's a very exciting QB to watch, plus he's a nice guy.

The_Doctor10
04-24-2009, 05:50 PM
And this is why I'm a Saints fan :D

Cormac
04-24-2009, 05:53 PM
This was impressive. And I couldn't see Brees being a success in the NFL. Now he's one of my favourite non-Chiefs.

kcxiv
04-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Thats pretty damned impressive

Mecca
04-24-2009, 06:23 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about that creepy thing on his face...

rad
04-24-2009, 06:56 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about that creepy thing on his face...

He left that behind for Philip Rivers when he left SD. I think Rivers wears it on his taint during games.

MODS!

damaticous
04-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Posting from a QB point of view, it's very interesting to see the scientific background of the mechanics of the throw.

It's extremely interesting to see that an average QB in the NFL has the basics down, foot work, hip, and shoulder work, to become a pro football QB.

It quantifies the identities that every GOOD/GREAT QB coach has. Teach mechanics of the throw and as the person matures, with practice, can become a great QB and make good money in the NFL, while being competitive.

OK. Yes, I'm an old "Al Bundy" drunk, but...

It really is interesting to hear/see the mechanics of a good/great QB throw mechanics.

KCChiefsMan
04-24-2009, 08:56 PM
ya, thats pretty damn impressive