PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Denver Post: Teams are considering drafting Sanchez so they can trade him

BigRock
04-24-2009, 08:05 AM
I've seen Donk fans laughing at the mere suggestion of the Chiefs doing such a thing. Now here's their own paper confirming that teams are thinking about it.

OH HO, SUCK ON THAT A ONE TIME

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12214434

The Broncos have engaged in discussions regarding a draft trade for USC quarterback Mark Sanchez, according to an NFL source.

In possession of the No. 12 and No. 18 overall picks in the NFL draft, which begins Saturday, the Broncos understand they may have to move up to snag Sanchez, who is drawing interest from several teams. One possible trade partner is the Jacksonville Jaguars, who want to drop down from No. 8 overall.

The problem for the Broncos is teams picking higher than Jacksonville are considering drafting Sanchez with the idea of flipping him in trade. The higher Sanchez is selected, the more lucrative his contract and the less likely the Broncos could afford him.

Stryker
04-24-2009, 08:13 AM
If we have no trade partner @ #3 with 1 minute left on the clock I would not think twice about snagging Sanchez and dangling him as trade bait. If we do not get him, Seattle will.

ct
04-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Not sure I buy it, but Seattle is strongly stating they are going another direction, NOT taking Sanchez #4. Of course they'd say that, but it combats the heat for anyone trading up to #3.

Gang, I think there's a decent chance we might be stuck @3. If so, I'm on the Crabtree wagon.

bsp4444
04-24-2009, 08:34 AM
I said in another thread that I would be on board with taking Sanchez if we can't trade out of the #3 spot. That, of course, is if the Rams don't screw this up for us. Huge contracts are designated for franchise QB's, Franchise LT's, and game changing DE's. We are not desperate for a LT, there is not a DE worth the #3 spot, and there seems to be demand for Sanchez.

Scorp
04-24-2009, 08:37 AM
I have seen alot of mock drafts where Stafford and Sanchez are still on the board at #3. Wouldn't that just throw a monkey wrench in the whole thing. Who would still be the coveted qb to have?

MTG#10
04-24-2009, 08:52 AM
All you people wanting Crabtree at #3 make me want to vomit.

Sure-Oz
04-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Seems like people trust Haley enough to not mind crabtree...

we need offensive weapons bad though, i hope we get to trade down and get a 2nd in the process

Coogs
04-24-2009, 08:59 AM
All you people wanting Crabtree at #3 make me want to vomit.

Better you than us! ;)

CoMoChief
04-24-2009, 09:03 AM
We pretty much have to draft Sanchez if we are wanting more picks this season. esp if those picks are gonna be early.

Sincerely yours,

Captain Obvious

RINGLEADER
04-24-2009, 09:14 AM
If we have no trade partner @ #3 with 1 minute left on the clock I would not think twice about snagging Sanchez and dangling him as trade bait. If we do not get him, Seattle will.

Would be a ballsy move, but think of the drama...

htismaqe
04-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Would be a ballsy move, but think of the drama...

What's the alternative?

Draft a tackle or a MLB? No thanks.

talastan
04-24-2009, 09:23 AM
The catch would be if Stafford and Sanchez are available who do you pick if stuck at #3? :shrug:

cdcox
04-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Impossible.

1) there is no way to trade out of the top 5

2) No NFL executive thinks Sanchez is worth a top 10 pick

I read this stuff on the Internet.

ROYC75
04-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Impossible.

1) there is no way to trade out of the top 5

2) No NFL executive thinks Sanchez is worth a top 10 pick

I read this stuff on the Internet.

ROFL :clap:

ChiefsCountry
04-24-2009, 12:55 PM
The catch would be if Stafford and Sanchez are available who do you pick if stuck at #3? :shrug:

Stafford would have to be the choice. His ceiling is higher, he has John Elway type potential while Sanchez's would be more Troy Aikman.

Fat Elvis
04-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Other teams may want Sanchez because they think he can be a franchise caliber QB. If he does have that potential, why not just draft him and keep him? Having two franchise caliber QBs is not a bad thing--especially if none of the other picks at #3 actually warrent the pick. We would be set at QB, the single most important position in football, for the next decade. It isn't like we don't have the cap room for both Cassell and Sanchez.

Garcia Bronco
04-24-2009, 01:22 PM
I think any team that does that will be stuck holding the bag. We aren't even talking about the best "rated" QB in the draft.

LaChapelle
04-24-2009, 01:24 PM
I would think McKidd would have some Patriot in him. Poker face is valued.

DeepSouth
04-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Rumors had it that Denver was willing to give the Pats their two first round picks for Cassel. If that's true, I'd draft Sanchez and let Denver have their pick between him and Cassel for thier two first round picks .

vailpass
04-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Rumors had it that Denver was willing to give the Pats their two first round picks for Cassel. If that's true, I'd draft Sanchez and let Denver have their pick between him and Cassel for thier two first round picks .

Yes because denver had two first round picks when Cassel was with the Pats. Not.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2009, 02:56 PM
We pretty much have to draft Sanchez if we are wanting more picks this season. esp if those picks are gonna be early.

Sincerely yours,

Captain Obvious

Is it possible that the Planet could give me so much wood in one day????

All you little buck-a-roos keep flipping your flap jacks out there; I'm glad you're coming around to reality.:D:D:D:D

kepp
04-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Stafford would have to be the choice. His ceiling is higher, he has John Elway type potential while Sanchez's would be more Troy Aikman.

I would think Sanchez has the higher ceiling. From what I've heard he has more natural talent, better instincts and has much less wear on the tread.

ChiefsCountry
04-24-2009, 03:13 PM
I would think Sanchez has the higher ceiling. From what I've heard he has more natural talent, better instincts and has much less wear on the tread.

Not even close. Stafford is way more talented physically than Sanchez. I like Sanchez alot but Stafford has John Elway type potential. You cant pass on that.

MoreLemonPledge
04-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but it's not happening. Would it be great if it worked out? Sure. But it's not happening.

You think people weren't saying the same thing about Aaron Rodgers or Brady Quinn when they fell? If it's such a great strategy, why wasn't it done then?

It's just not going to happen.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Not even close. Stafford is way more talented physically than Sanchez. I like Sanchez alot but Stafford has John Elway type potential. You cant pass on that.

Just because he looks like horse-face doesn't mean he'll end up like him.

He's a longer development project, but I'd rather have him on the roster learning than Brokie sitting around with his thumb up Kelly's ass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2009, 03:22 PM
ENGAGE DEFENSE MECHANISM!

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but it's not happening. Would it be great if it worked out? Sure. But it's not happening.

You think people weren't saying the same thing about Aaron Rodgers or Brady Quinn when they fell? If it's such a great strategy, why wasn't it done then?

It's just not going to happen. By the way I know more than you, so I'll just come along like I run the Chiefs and pretend I have a say or power in the situation.

MoreLemonPledge
04-24-2009, 03:24 PM
ENGAGE DEFENSE MECHANISM!

Defense? What am I defensive for? I'm presenting logical opposition to this "theory" that's suddenly running rampant.

I've yet to see anything disproving any of my points.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Defense? What am I defensive for? I'm presenting logical opposition to this "theory" that's suddenly running rampant.

I've yet to see anything disproving any of my points.

You're just not feeling the love. I think you need further conditioning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTFCLMV3Cdc:D

MoreLemonPledge
04-24-2009, 03:27 PM
You're just not feeling the love. I think you need further conditioning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTFCLMV3Cdc:D

I'll talk to you on Saturday.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2009, 03:29 PM
I'll talk to you on Saturday.

ROFL

Denver Dave
04-24-2009, 03:32 PM
I've seen Donk fans laughing at the mere suggestion of the Chiefs doing such a thing.

Link?

mdstu
04-24-2009, 03:43 PM
I think it's somewhat telling that he was invited to the draft, but decided not to attend.

rad
04-24-2009, 04:21 PM
I have a feeling we're getting snaked tomorrow.

MODS?

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2009, 07:22 PM
I have a feeling I should go buy a big bottle of tequila and sombrero for tomorrows festivities.

I know the feeling my friend, I know it well. Go with it. Let it flow.:D

Skip Towne
04-24-2009, 07:45 PM
I have a feeling we're getting snaked tomorrow.

MODS?

Snaked? That would be shit ass

L.A. Chieffan
04-24-2009, 08:06 PM
I have seen alot of mock drafts where Stafford and Sanchez are still on the board at #3. Wouldn't that just throw a monkey wrench in the whole thing. Who would still be the coveted qb to have?

JIMP

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Picking Sanchez at #3 would be the smart thing to do if we can't trade down. Then we hold ALL the cards. And there ARE teams out there that desperately want him!

sportsman1
04-24-2009, 09:04 PM
I want Crabtree. Him and Bowe might be similar, but they would stretch out the field. I'm biased to Crabtree b/c I like Tech, and may have to transfer there.. but even so noone is a sure bet. I'd take the risk.

Toad
04-24-2009, 09:29 PM
I think any team that does that will be stuck holding the bag. We aren't even talking about the best "rated" QB in the draft.

Actually, a lot of people sayin' Sanchez is better. ESPN "experts" like Stafford better and the NFL Network "experts" like Sanchez better. Seems like the whole NFLN panel tonight was man crushing over Sanchez.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Actually, a lot of people sayin' Sanchez is better. ESPN "experts" like Stafford better and the NFL Network "experts" like Sanchez better. Seems like the whole NFLN panel tonight was man crushing over Sanchez.

Remarkable talent and solid character tend to make that happen.

Buck
04-24-2009, 10:04 PM
I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here too because its more relevant here.

St. Louis takes Sanchez w/ #2, KC is forced to take Curry, Crabtree, or someone else w/ #3. Seattle take Jason Smith w/#4 and trades him to St Louis with their 3rd and 5th round picks for Sanchez.

T-post Tom
04-24-2009, 10:10 PM

That would be one ballsy move if KC didn't have a deal made prior to taking Sanchez. If Pioli did this and KC made out with a monster trade in their favor... well...he'd own this town.

Buck
04-24-2009, 10:14 PM
That would be one ballsy move if KC didn't have a deal made prior to taking Sanchez. If Pioli did this and KC made out with a monster trade in their favor... well...he'd own this town.

You could always trade Cassel to the Donx for #18

T-post Tom
04-24-2009, 10:17 PM

Put down the bottle, good sir. I'm puttin on a pot of coffee. I think it's time for an intervention.

Buck
04-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Put down the bottle, good sir. I'm puttin on a pot of coffee. I think it's time for an intervention.

ROFL.

Yeah, that was a dumb post.

Mr. Kotter
04-24-2009, 10:18 PM

Another option, that wouldn't be "horrible".....:hmmm:

ROFL.

No. No it wasn't, if you really think about it. It would depend on what's transpired with Sanchez, since we signed Cassel. Sending Cassel to Denver for their First Round plus (despite what McDaniels was saying today...) would not be THAT far-fetched--at least if they were not AFC West rivals. That said, I could see us drafting Sanchez....and playing with Denver for a while until they were willing to pony up for whichever one of the two, Pioli and the boys deem "expendable."

Buck
04-24-2009, 10:19 PM
ROFL.

Another option, that wouldn't be "horrible".....:hmmm:

OR WAS IT???

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2009, 10:21 PM
OR WAS IT???

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

ROFL

T-post Tom
04-24-2009, 10:26 PM
ROFL.

God bless you...my name is Tom...and I make dumb posts...

By admitting that we are powerless over dumb posts, and that our lives have become unmanageable, we have taken the first step to recovery.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2009, 10:34 PM
God bless you...my name is Tom...and I make dumb posts...

By admitting that we are powerless over dumb posts, and that our lives have become unmanageable, we have taken the first step to recovery.

LMAO Glug-glug!