PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ****Official 2009 Draft Planeteer "Poll"****

Mr. Kotter
04-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Okay, folks...we're a day away...Tony will be a Falcon, but compensation for him won't arrive until next year (unless it's used in bargaining for this weekend's draft.)

Important questions remain, but....what would you do, if you were Scott Pioli?

The poll includes multiple options for a variety of scenarios....so read through the choices before you "vote" in the poll.

So, Chiefsplanet....what should Pioli and the boys do this weekend? :shrug:

Mr. Kotter
04-24-2009, 09:18 AM
If I were Pioli....I'd have five major things in mind, at this point:

1. If I thought I could get something in exchange for Sanchez, I'd draft him if no one wanted to trade-down and pay a fair price to us for number 3.

2. I'd trade-down, but only to mid-First Round, because our needs could be filled by one of several players that would still be available at that point....AND I'd acquire extra picks in the process. I'd have Denver and Washington, and others....informed of my willingness to deal, and have them on "hold" tomorrow during the draft.

3. I'd deal LJ and/or Waters....but only for "fair-market" compensation. If you can't get reasonable compensation now, teams will be shopping again during/after training camps.

4. I'd deal every defender who I didn't think fit our plans.....but, again, only for "fair-market compensation. If you can't get reasonable compensation now, teams will be shopping again during/after training camps.

5. With this as my first draft....people tend to be forgiving and/or patient. If there is ever a time to be aggressive this is it. It's much better at this point to err on the side of being too aggressive....then to start off timidly.

So far, Pioli's dealings have been impressive--let's keep rolling, baby. :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
04-24-2009, 09:30 AM
:banghead:

Dang it, I forgot to include options dealing the possibility of trading for Boldin.

:cuss:

Mr. Kotter
04-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Draft fatigue, or what? :shrug:

Vote, bi-atches!!! :cuss:

:p