PDA

View Full Version : Who's your sleeper pick???

kcbubb
04-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Post your favorite sleeper pick and why. If anybody has a favorite sleeper RT that we desperately need, I would like to hear about him too.

My sleeper is Louis Murphy WR Florida. Nice size/speed combo with a 4.32 40 and 6'2.5" 203. Has injury concerns, but could be a nice speed addition to complement Bowe and Bradly especially with the departure of Tony G. Murphy started 26 of 48 games for Florida, catching 77 passes for 1,245 yards. He closed out his career with at least one catch in each of his last 27 games.

With Haley's experience with talented wideouts, hopefully he could coach Murphy up to his potential.

Nightfyre
04-24-2009, 10:21 AM
G/T Urbik

El Jefe
04-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Marcus Freeman The Ohio State University. I think he is going to be a very good player, very fundamental, smart, and a hard hitter. Coming from TOSU that's what you expect from the LB's. He has managed to fly under the radar so far.

kcbubb
04-24-2009, 10:26 AM
G/T Urbik

what's the story on this guy?

Jerm
04-24-2009, 10:40 AM
QB Nate Davis.

Just got a feeling on this guy.

Nightfyre
04-24-2009, 10:42 AM
what's the story on this guy?

Hes a big athlete (I think 6-5, 330ish?) who is versatile enough to play rg and rt and has good feet.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Just about everyone I picked in the 5th round or later in the CP mock.

DeezNutz
04-24-2009, 10:45 AM
This thing's comfortable:

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/chicago/12-28-07hotpostsgoodquestions.jpg

kcbubb
04-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Just about everyone I picked in the 5th round or later in the CP mock.

don't make me look it up. who ya got?

Infidel Goat
04-24-2009, 10:50 AM
And Mr. Irrelevant is Sam Swank, K from Wake Forest University!

B_Ambuehl
04-24-2009, 10:58 AM
There are a lot of 2nd day picks in this draft that could end up being very good.

There's a LB at san diego state, Russell Allen, who played about every position on the defense, finished 3rd in the nation in tackles, and tested as well as any other linebacker. I already like him better than Cushing or Mathews and he could be there in the 5th or 6th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZyCL8Sqduo

A guy like Greg Isdaner G from West Virginia could come in and end up being a starting guard.

RJ
04-24-2009, 11:01 AM
This thing's comfortable:

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/chicago/12-28-07hotpostsgoodquestions.jpg

That doesn't look comfortable. It looks sleek and stylish, but not comfortable.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2009, 11:05 AM
don't make me look it up. who ya got?

KC:
<o:p> </o:p>

Cornelius Lewis, RG
Terrance Knighton, DE/DT
Don Carey, CB
Brandon Swain., OLB
<st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:city>
David Bruton, FS
DeAngelo Smith, CB
Cameron Morrah, TE
Robert Brewster, OG
<st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Tampa</st1:place></st1:city>
Jonathan Casillas, WLB
Josh Mauga, MLB
Roy Miller, DT
Kenny McKinley, WR
<st1:place w:st="on">New England</st1:place>
Mike Goodson, RB
Bradley Fletcher, CB
Thomas Morestead, P
<st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cary</st1:place></st1:city> Harris, CB
(removed Brandon Tate b/c he'll go sooner than the end of Round 5, IMO)

kcbubb
04-24-2009, 11:13 AM
There are a lot of 2nd day picks in this draft that could end up being very good.

There's a LB at san diego state, Russell Allen, who played about every position on the defense, finished 3rd in the nation in tackles, and tested as well as any other linebacker. I already like him better than Cushing or Mathews and he could be there in the 5th or 6th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZyCL8Sqduo

A guy like Greg Isdaner G from West Virginia could come in and end up being a starting guard.

OLB Russell Allen is ranked #299 on DraftTek. Looks like a decent athlete, maybe he’ll get a camp invite.
3/27/2009 – San Diego State Pro day: San Diego State’s March 25 pro day drew representatives from 25 different teams. Twenty one players worked out outdoors on FieldTurf. Due to 5-10 mph winds, players ran one 40-yard dash with the wind and the second against it. LB Russell Allen (6-2 3/4, 230) ran a 4.64 and a 4.63 in the 40-yard dash. Allen posted a 33.5-inch vertical jump, 9-foot, 10-inch broad jump, 4.34 short shuttle, 7.21 three-cone drill and 24 bench press reps. ??? Gil Brandt, NFL.com

kcbubb
04-24-2009, 11:18 AM
KC:

Cornelius Lewis, RG
Terrance Knighton, DE/DT
Don Carey, CB
Brandon Swain., OLB

David Bruton, FS
DeAngelo Smith, CB
Cameron Morrah, TE
Robert Brewster, OG

Jonathan Casillas, WLB
Josh Mauga, MLB
Roy Miller, DT
Kenny McKinley, WR

Mike Goodson, RB
Bradley Fletcher, CB
Thomas Morestead, P
Harris, CB
(removed Brandon Tate b/c he'll go sooner than the end of Round 5, IMO)

of these. who's your top choice?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Some of those guys will go too early for them to be considered legit sleepers. If I had to pick one, I'd go with Don Carey, since he went to an FCS school. I think he'll be a Brandon Carr type player.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2009, 12:47 PM
My pick would be... either, Jarett Dillard or Darcel McBath.

Reaper16
04-24-2009, 01:45 PM
My NCAA Division II draft picks:

Johnny Knox - WR, Abilene Christian (4th round, probably)
Roger Allan - OG, Missouri Western (4th or 5th round)
Gregory Toler - CB, St. Paul's (5th or 6th)
Sammie Lee Hill - NT, Stillman (5th or 6th)
Bernard Scott - RB, Abilene Christian (6th or 7th round)
Zach Miller - TE (played QB in college), University of Nebraska-Omaha (6th or 7th)
Daniel Skuta - ILB, Grand Valley State (7th round, maybe 6th)
Mike Reilly - QB, Central Washington (7th)

BigChiefFan
04-24-2009, 01:53 PM
My sleeper pick is Brennan Marion a WR from the University of Tulsa. I think he can be had in the 7th round. He could be a steal. He's very fast, runs good routes, and has great hands. He can also return.

Overview
After playing at two different junior colleges, Marion stepped onto the Football Bowl Subdivision stage by scoring 11 touchdowns and averaging a whopping 31.9 yards on each of his 39 receptions (that's 1,244 yards) in Tulsa's high-octane offense in 2007. He followed up that second team All-Conference USA season with a first team all-conference 2008 where he merely averaged 25.9 yards per catch (43 receptions, 1,112 yards, eight scores). His frame is slight and his game has holes, but few college receivers have that sort of consistent big play ability. Missed bowl game with knee injury suffered making a cut on the last play of the Conference USA championship game.

2007 Season
Second team All-Conf USA.

Junior College
Transferred to Tulsa from DeAnza Junior College, where he played one season . . . led California junior colleges in receiving with 1,196 yards and 16 touchdowns on 60 receptions . . . earned honorable mention All-America honors.

High School
Was a four-year prep letterwinner in football, basketball and track . . . was a starting receiver and cornerback at Greensburg High School as a senior . . . had 23 receptions for 400 yards and four touchdowns, and four interceptions his senior season.

Personal
Favorite sport to watch and player other than football is basketball … his favorite movie is Coming to America … his best friend on another college football team is Akron's Chuck Thompson … favorite NFL player while growing up was Deion Sanders … favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird … nicknamed the "Milkman" … his nickname came from Tulsa radio broadcaster Bruce Howard … parents are Jeff Marion and Richelle Bey … majoring in sociology.

Rushing
Season TEAM G ATT YDS TDS
2007-08 Tulsa 13 2 -8 0
2008-09 Tulsa 12 1 -6 0
TOTAL 25 3 -14 0

Receiving
Season TEAM G RECPT YDS TDS
2007-08 Tulsa 13 39 1244 11
2008-09 Tulsa 12 43 1112 8
TOTAL 25 82 2356 19

Overview and stats from CBS.com

Chiefnj2
04-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Veikune, Reed, Greene.

chiefs1111
04-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Cornelius Ingram TE from Florida I think will be a great pick for somebody.

MagicHef
04-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Phillip Hunt, OLB/DE. Probably UDFA.

Chiefnj2
04-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Phillip Hunt, OLB/DE. Probably UDFA.

Amazing how far he fell.

soundmind
04-24-2009, 11:23 PM
DT: Sammie Lee Hill - Stillman
Dude is HUGE. 6-4, 329 and played DE last year after 2 years inside at DT. 2008 Statline: 59 tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks. Even at a small school, those numbers are pretty impressive.

RB: James Davis - Clemson
Clemson's OLine sucked dogsh*t last year, which made players like Everette Brown and Jesus Curry look like gods among men. But they weren't alone, anyone who played them made the offense look terrible, so their stats aren't eye-popping. He stayed for his senior year and his stock dropped b/c of the sh*t blocking. Watch 1 minute of tape and you'll see this kid barrel through weak tackles though.

Saccopoo
04-24-2009, 11:57 PM
Austin Collie, WR; BYU

Body Structure: Collie has a good-sized frame that shows a long torso with good hips and thigh muscle definition. He has good arm length, soft and big hands and adequate overall muscle thickness.

Athletic Ability: Collie is an adequate athlete who is faster on the field than his timed speed indicates (carries his equipment well). He is not a sudden mover, but shows good change of direction, body control and the ability to adjust on the move, thanks to above-average hand/eye coordination. He is the type of player who can fool a scouting analysis, as he normally outplays his ability. He lacks explosion, but runs with a long, fluid stride and has the change-of-direction agility to become a threat with the ball in his hands. He won't win a track meet, but his stride generates decent quickness that compensates for a lack of blazing speed. He is a physical athlete with good strength for this position. GRADE: 6.3

Football Sense: Collie learns easily and is field smart. He may be too smart for his own good (sometimes thinks a little too much about a bad play), but he knows the offense as good as the coaches. He is a student of the game, coming from a family of wide receivers and his IQ test and academic excellence indicate that he will have no problems with a complicated playbook. GRADE: 6.5

Competitiveness: Collie plays hard in every game and every snap. There is no quit in him and he seems to thrive when the odds are against him, even though he gets more opportunities than most playing in BYU's spread offense. He shows true courage and toughness to go across the middle and hang on to the ball, despite taking some punishing hits. Even when he was injured in 2007, he pushed himself very hard to return to the field earlier than the doctors wanted. He's the type of kid that you will have to hide his helmet if you want to keep him off the field. GRADE: 6.8

Work Habits: Collie plays with a big-time chip on his shoulder, but that has benefited him, as he will light a fire under his teammates (see 2008 halftime speech vs. Air Force). He is a very hard worker and will do the extras in practice, skull sessions and in the weight room to improve. Knowing he needed to get stronger, he concentrated hard in the 2009 offseason, but still needs to add at least 10 solid pounds to his frame. GRADE: 6.5

Biletnikoff Award finalist, given to the nation's top receiver … All-America first-team pick by the Associated Press and CBS Sports, adding second-team honors from Rivals.com, The Sporting News and Sports Illustrated and third-team recognition from The NFL Draft Report … Academic All-Mountain West and All-MWC first-team selection … Led the nation with an average of 118.31 and 1,538 total yards receiving … Placed third in the nation in with an average of 8.15 receptions per game and 106 total catches … Ranked fourth nationally with 15 touchdown receptions, setting the MWC season record while tying the school's annual mark … His 11 100-yard receiving performances tied the NCAA major college season record … Also served as the team's kickoff returner and was listed third on the depth chart at quarterback … Averaged 27.5 yards on 18 kickoff returns (second in the MWC/27th in the nation), gaining 495 yards … Added 2 yards on a punt return and 77 yards on 10 rushing attempts (7.7 avg.) … Ranked second in the conference and 12th in the NCAA with 2,112 all-purpose yards, an average of 162.46 yards per game

ArrowheadMagic
04-25-2009, 02:26 AM
Mike Thomas U of Arizona

Mike Thomas, Arizona
Height: 5-8. Weight: 195.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Combine 40 Time: 4.40.
Pro Day 40 Time: DNP.
Vertical: 40.5. Broad: 10-6.
Projected Round (2009): 4-5.
1/4/09: Mike Thomas had 75 receptions, 834 yards and four touchdowns as a senior. More importantly for his stock, he had two punt returns for scores.

10/19/08: After a solid start, Mike Thomas' production has dropped in Pac-10 play.

5/22/08: If it weren't for Mike Thomas' height... Thomas, a kick returner with a solid 40, caught 83 passes for 1,038 yards and 11 touchdowns in 2007. His 5-9 frame hurts his draft stock.

DaKCMan AP
04-25-2009, 11:14 AM
Kevin Ogletree, WR, UVA

Antone Smith, RB, FSU - would love to grab him as a UDFA or Mr. Irrelevant.