PDA

View Full Version : Draft Predictions for Chiefs

bigdreams1
04-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Chiefs draft Tyson Jackson at #3 or where we trade down to.
LDE Jackson NT Tyler RDE Dorsey (Dockett roll)
LOLB Vravel ILB Johson ILB Thomas ROLB: Hali, Robertson, McBride or draft pick

Tank Tyler was thought to be a 1st round talent at NT when he weighed 323 pounds. I think he put's back on the pounds and can play NT. He played NT at NC State and excelled. He would have been a first rounder if he didn't have the character issues. Tyson Jackson is a big run stuffer and that is what we need. He doesn't need to get sacks. He will free up our LB's to get sacks. I also think that Dorsey is perfect for the RDE position. If you look at Darnell Dockett and how he was used I see this as how they will use Dorsey. I think when you add Jackson to the mix things start looking alot better very quick. I think he is worth a #3 if we cannot trade out of it. Anyone else we pick will be a reach because we already have a QB and LT. Just my 2 cents. Any thoughts?

kcbubb
04-24-2009, 11:22 AM
I can see how the front seven would like that. I think Turk McBride or Boone can play Tyson Jackson's spot though. I would rather not pick Jackson there bc I think McBride can play there.

bigdreams1
04-24-2009, 11:39 AM
I really don't see Mcbride being the run stuffer that Jackson is. Jackson is a beast.

kcbubb
04-24-2009, 11:44 AM
McBride played DT in college some at TN and he played DT some his first year with the Chiefs. I think that is a good spot for him. Tyson Jackson is a good player and I think that would be a great fit. I just don't see him being worth a #3.

htismaqe
04-24-2009, 11:50 AM
McBride SHOULD be a 3-4 DE although he's really more of a 4-3 3-technique. That being said, Tyson Jackson is just an all-around better prospect. The last guy out of LSU that was similar to Jackson was Marcus Spears and he's pretty good.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2009, 11:54 AM
McBride SHOULD be a 3-4 DE although he's really more of a 4-3 3-technique. That being said, Tyson Jackson is just an all-around better prospect. The last guy out of LSU that was similar to Jackson was Marcus Spears and he's pretty good.

Marcus Spears has been nothing other than a flat out bust. He's averaging less than 2 sacks and only 35 tackles a year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Seriously, think about this guys.

You want to give 30 million guaranteed to a guy whose best aspect is that he can stuff the run?

buddha
04-24-2009, 11:56 AM
+1 on Spears comparison.

BTW, people assume that Hali can play without his hand on the ground...I will believe it when I see it. I also see no scenario where he can cover anybody if he needs to in passing situations.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2009, 11:58 AM
+1 on Spears comparison.

BTW, people assume that Hali can play without his hand on the ground...I will believe it when I see it. I also see no scenario where he can cover anybody if he needs to in passing situations.

So if Tyson Jackson has 141 tackles and 5.5 sacks after his first four years in the league, you'll be happy with that production from the #3 overall pick?

Cheese Dick Sims had 5 sacks his first three years in the league, FFS.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2009, 11:59 AM
It's closing time at the bar, and everyone is so fucking desperate to find someone to go home with that they are latching on to the 200 pound chick with crotch herp and halitosis and convincing themselves they are going home with Kate Beckinsale.

doomy3
04-24-2009, 12:01 PM
So if Tyson Jackson has 141 tackles and 5.5 sacks after his first four years in the league, you'll be happy with that production from the #3 overall pick?

Cheese Dick Sims had 5 sacks his first three years in the league, FFS.

Jackson had 16 sacks in college.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Jackson had 16 sacks in college.

Playing next to Glenn Dorsey.

And no one is touting his ability to rush the passer in the NFL. A bullrush move against a left guard is going to get you jack and shit.

BigChiefFan
04-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Jackson's a reach in the top 5.

chiefs1111
04-24-2009, 12:13 PM
We need to trade out of the number 3 spot or we are going to be fucked cause no one that will be there for us is worth that pick.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Just take Sanchez.

DeezNutz
04-24-2009, 12:22 PM
It's closing time at the bar, and everyone is so ****ing desperate to find someone to go home with that they are latching on to the 200 pound chick with crotch herp and halitosis and convincing themselves they are going home with Kate Beckinsale.

No panic.

I didn't used to show up to the bars until 1:00.

Typically, closers only work an inning.

doomy3
04-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Playing next to Glenn Dorsey.

And no one is touting his ability to rush the passer in the NFL. A bullrush move against a left guard is going to get you jack and shit.

That's perfect! Guess who he'd playing next to here!

htismaqe
04-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Marcus Spears has been nothing other than a flat out bust. He's averaging less than 2 sacks and only 35 tackles a year.

He's a 3-4 DE in a 2-gap defense. He has about the stat I would expect. I wasn't a huge Spears fan (I was against us drafting him) but he does in Dallas what they ask him to do. The coaches apparently think he's an integral part of what they do.

htismaqe
04-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Seriously, think about this guys.

You want to give 30 million guaranteed to a guy whose best aspect is that he can stuff the run?

Who else would you give it to?

We're running out of options, not that any of them were good to begin with.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2009, 01:21 PM
That's perfect! Guess who he'd playing next to here!

It wouldn't be Glenn Dorsey.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Who else would you give it to?

We're running out of options, not that any of them were good to begin with.

It's pretty simple.

You flip Cassel for more than what you paid and you draft Sanchez/Stafford.

It was the right move two months ago, and it's the right move now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2009, 01:24 PM
He's a 3-4 DE in a 2-gap defense. He has about the stat I would expect. I wasn't a huge Spears fan (I was against us drafting him) but he does in Dallas what they ask him to do. The coaches apparently think he's an integral part of what they do.

You don't draft role players #3 overall, and Spears is a replacement level starting end in this league...at best. That's awful value for the #20 pick.

HemiEd
04-24-2009, 01:32 PM
It's closing time at the bar, and everyone is so ****ing desperate to find someone to go home with that they are latching on to the 200 pound chick with crotch herp and halitosis and convincing themselves they are going home with Kate Beckinsale.

ROFL You know the old saying: "Go Ugly, Early!"

Reaper16
04-24-2009, 01:32 PM
No panic.

I didn't used to show up to the bars until 1:00.

Typically, closers only work an inning.
DWAMN!

the Talking Can
04-24-2009, 01:38 PM
It's pretty simple.

there is a 0 percent chance of that happening

BigChiefFan
04-24-2009, 02:00 PM
DT, DE, LT, or QB, are the ONLY choices at 3 to justify paying that kind of money to. That kind of narrows the field for me. Raji, Stafford, Sanchez, Monroe, or Jason Smith are the ONLY choices we should even consider, IMO. I will be happy with any of these selections. Everything else is a reach.

MoreLemonPledge
04-24-2009, 02:01 PM

I recommend not getting into it. I've tried.

htismaqe
04-24-2009, 02:44 PM
It's pretty simple.

I'd love to do that.

But I don't get the feeling they will.

I've resigned myself to the fact that they've hitched their wagon to Cassel.

okcchief
04-24-2009, 04:08 PM
It's pretty simple.

They won't do it but I agree.

BigChiefFan
04-24-2009, 04:22 PM
I think we'll trade down with the Jets, Jags, or Redskins and get more picks or take Sanchez, Raji, or Monroe, slight possibility of Crabtree.

RippedmyFlesh
04-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Agree
But the other way around is possible.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2009, 07:38 PM
There won't be any deals to get out of this pick. We're stuck with it.

The Bad Guy
04-24-2009, 08:53 PM
It has to be Aaron Curry.

I'm not convinced that Derrick Johnson can't play outside linebacker in a Lamar Woodley type role. DJ was our most effective blitzer off the edge, and didn't do a bad job with his hand on the ground the last 2 years.

Vrabel, Curry, Thomas, DJ wouldn't be too terrible.

BigChiefFan
04-24-2009, 09:19 PM
It has to be Aaron Curry.

I'm not convinced that Derrick Johnson can't play outside linebacker in a Lamar Woodley type role. DJ was our most effective blitzer off the edge, and didn't do a bad job with his hand on the ground the last 2 years.

Vrabel, Curry, Thomas, DJ wouldn't be too terrible.The D-line would still be dogshit. I like Aaron Curry, but I just can't see us giving that kind of money to a LBer. Top 10, yes? Top 3, not in my book. The position doesn't justify the price tag, IMO.

Messier
04-24-2009, 09:19 PM
I think its looking more and more like we're taking Jackson. It always seems that when people start to agree on the pick in the last 24 hours, that's who it turns out to be. My only problem is that Jackson could be taken 5 or 6 picks later. But if there is no trade, I think it's Jackson.

BigChiefFan
04-24-2009, 09:22 PM
I think its looking more and more like we're taking Jackson. It always seems that when people start to agree on the pick in the last 24 hours, that's who it turns out to be. My only problem is that Jackson could be taken 5 or 6 picks later. But if there is no trade, I think it's Jackson.Damn, I hope not. He basically compares to Vonnie Holliday.

Messier
04-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Damn, I hope not. He basically compares to Vonnie Holliday.

DE's in the 3-4 are kind of unsung. They don't get alot of sacks or even tackles, they just occupy the Tackle so that the LB's can get through. It's not a position I would consider in the top five.

The Bad Guy
04-24-2009, 09:31 PM
The D-line would still be dogshit. I like Aaron Curry, but I just can't see us giving that kind of money to a LBer. Top 10, yes? Top 3, not in my book. The position doesn't justify the price tag, IMO.

Get over the pricetag shit.

It's not the draft to get a pass rusher at 3, and if you think paying an inside linebacker huge money is bad, then so is paying a right tackle. Raji has way too many red flags for me to consider that not a huge risk at 3. I'll take the safe linebacker over the red flagged DT any day of the week.

The D-line can be built over the year and they can slowly transition into a 3-4. Start DJ, Thomas and Curry at linebacker in the 4-3 and bring in Vrabel on passing downs.

You aren't fixing this defense in a year.

htismaqe
04-24-2009, 09:44 PM

It's not the draft to get a pass rusher at 3, and if you think paying an inside linebacker huge money is bad, then so is paying a right tackle. Raji has way too many red flags for me to consider that not a huge risk at 3. I'll take the safe linebacker over the red flagged DT any day of the week.

The D-line can be built over the year and they can slowly transition into a 3-4. Start DJ, Thomas and Curry at linebacker in the 4-3 and bring in Vrabel on passing downs.

You aren't fixing this defense in a year.

Honestly, if they really want to give the money to a position that commands it, they need to take Crabtree.

BigChiefFan
04-24-2009, 09:46 PM

You aren't fixing this defense in a year.I agree, we aren't fixing the D, in one year, but I believe a NT is the most important piece of the 3-4defensive puzzle and should be priority one. Add to that, Raji is certainly considered a top 5 pick, so the value is there. Not to mention a top NT is justifiable to pay big money to, a run-stopping LBer isn't.

I just can't see us ignoring the most important piece of a 3-4 to some-what solidify our LBers, when this draft is DEEP for LBers and NOT FOR NTs, especially without a 2nd round pick. To me it's all about the value and the drop-off after that player is selected. If we lose Curry, there's several more choices, the same cannot be said for NT in this draft.

The Bad Guy
04-24-2009, 09:58 PM
I don't consider Raji a top 5 talent. To me, he screams Ryan Sims when he was no stud before last season.

HemiEd
04-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Honestly, if they really want to give the money to a position that commands it, they need to take Crabtree.

You have convinced me Parker, if you think he is good enough, lets get him.

There have been a lot of people saying he benifited from the system, but I wouldn't know.

But I have a feeling they are going to take one of the top OTs.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2009, 10:30 PM
But I have a feeling they are going to take one of the top OTs.

As much as I've railed against that, it makes the most sense if they can't trade out of the 3 hole.

Monroe or Smith would instantly give the Chiefs bookend tackles for the next decade.

And both are extremely safe.

Unlike Crabtree or Jackson.

HemiEd
04-24-2009, 10:32 PM
As much as I've railed against that, it makes the most sense if they can't trade out of the 3 hole.

Monroe or Smith would instantly give the Chiefs bookend tackles for the next decade.

What do you think the chances are the Jackson deal leaked out?

I give it a snow balls chance in hell. No way Pioli would let that out, after the way he has guided that ship so far.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2009, 10:35 PM
What do you think the chances are the Jackson deal leaked out?

I give it a snow balls chance in hell. No way Pioli would let that out, after the way he has guided that ship so far.

I'm with you.

It just doesn't make any sense for this front office to somehow allow that info to become public.

Totally out of character.

booger
04-24-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't doubt they have strong interest in Jackson, just not at 3. They might be taking a chance that CLE would move up 2 spots if they think the browns are all gaga over him. That's the only thing I can think of as far as the leak would go. Maybe GB who is moving to the 34 with Dom Capers as the new DC. But I agree with those who say anything leaked by Pioli would be only the intention of a smokescreen.

ArrowheadMagic
04-25-2009, 02:20 AM
CP bitching about the pick.........

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 06:08 AM

:shake:

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 06:09 AM
I agree, we aren't fixing the D, in one year, but I believe a NT is the most important piece of the 3-4defensive puzzle and should be priority one. Add to that, Raji is certainly considered a top 5 pick, so the value is there. Not to mention a top NT is justifiable to pay big money to, a run-stopping LBer isn't.

I just can't see us ignoring the most important piece of a 3-4 to some-what solidify our LBers, when this draft is DEEP for LBers and NOT FOR NTs, especially without a 2nd round pick. To me it's all about the value and the drop-off after that player is selected. If we lose Curry, there's several more choices, the same cannot be said for NT in this draft.

None of the best NT's in the game were Top 5 picks. I'm pretty sure none of them were Top 10 picks.

And I think there's a good chance Ron Brace ends up being a better 3-4 NT than Raji.

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 10:49 AM
None of the best NT's in the game were Top 5 picks. I'm pretty sure none of them were Top 10 picks.

And I think there's a good chance Ron Brace ends up being a better 3-4 NT than Raji.Understood, however the 3-4 wasn't nearly as popular as it has become in recent years. If you'll notice the trend, they've continued to go higher ever year. We have a chance to get our version of Ngata and I would say, given our needs, that's priority one to get taken care of. Just my two cents, but I think we'll continue to see NT as a highly coveted position because of the rarity of finding someone to actually man the position. The pick isn't sexy, but I believe it would do more for shoring up our defense than any other move we could make, given the players in the draft. I like Brace, but he isn't nearly as explosive as Raji is.

eazyb81
04-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Understood, however the 3-4 wasn't nearly as popular as it has become in recent years. If you'll notice the trend, they've continued to go higher ever year. We have a chance to get our version of Ngata and I would say, given our needs, that's priority one to get taken care of. Just my two cents, but I think we'll continue to see NT as a highly coveted position because of the rarity of finding someone to actually man the position. The pick isn't sexy, but I believe it would do more for shoring up our defense than any other move we could make, given the players in the draft. I like Brace, but he isn't nearly as explosive as Raji is.

Raji is no Ngata. Ngata is an absolute rock in the middle - unmoveable. Raji gets in the backfield better and shows quick moves by getting through gaps, but he can get pushed aside. A backfield disruptor is fine out of a nose, but not at the expense of being inconsistent in controlling the line and shutting down the inside running game.

I agree with htismaqe that Brace may end up being the better pro NT.

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Understood, however the 3-4 wasn't nearly as popular as it has become in recent years. If you'll notice the trend, they've continued to go higher ever year. We have a chance to get our version of Ngata and I would say, given our needs, that's priority one to get taken care of. Just my two cents, but I think we'll continue to see NT as a highly coveted position because of the rarity of finding someone to actually man the position. The pick isn't sexy, but I believe it would do more for shoring up our defense than any other move we could make, given the players in the draft. I like Brace, but he isn't nearly as explosive as Raji is.

The Ravens don't play a true 3-4. I'm not 100% sure what they do run because I don't get a ton of chances to watch them, but I'm sure I've seen both Ngata and Kelly Gregg playing inside at the same time.

Furthermore, Raji really isn't close to being the prospect Ngata was.

Mecca
04-25-2009, 11:22 AM
He's a different kind of prospect. Ngata wasn't a fit for every team because of how mammoth he is.

B_Ambuehl
04-25-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm amazed by the number of people who hype up Ron Brace that obviously didn't watch him play. Brace is big and little else. He plays wayyy too high and routinely got pushed pushed off the spot by college lineman. His play reminds me of Jr. Siavii, another guy that got hyped up simply due to his build.

eazyb81
04-25-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm amazed by the number of people who hype up Ron Brace that obviously didn't watch him play. Brace is big and little else. He plays wayyy too high and routinely got pushed pushed off the spot by college lineman. His play reminds me of Jr. Siavii, another guy that got hyped up simply due to his build.

What exactly do you think a nose tackle's job is? In that Pats scheme, it's to clog the middle, occupy blockers, and hold his ground at the point of attack. Saying he's big and little else might sound like a criticism to you but it's really not.

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 01:47 PM

His technique is correctable.

oldandslow
04-25-2009, 01:59 PM
I think it will be Curry. Jackson is a smokescreen...That is if we don't trade out.