PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Why not draft Sanchez...

Fat Elvis
04-24-2009, 01:15 PM
...and keep him?

Other teams may want Sanchez because they think he can be a franchise caliber QB. If he does have that potential, why not just draft him and keep him? Having two franchise caliber QBs is not a bad thing--especially if none of the other picks at #3 actually warrent the pick. We would be set at QB, the single most important position in football, for the next decade. It isn't like we don't have the cap room for both Cassell and Sanchez.

MoreLemonPledge
04-24-2009, 01:16 PM
...and keep him?

Other teams may want Sanchez because they think he can be a franchise caliber QB. If he does have that potential, why not just draft him and keep him? Having two franchise caliber QBs is not a bad thing--especially if none of the other picks at #3 actually warrent the pick. We would be set at QB, the single most important position in football, for the next decade. It isn't like we don't have the cap room for both Cassell and Sanchez.

Way too many threads on this.

Fat Elvis
04-24-2009, 01:18 PM

Every other thread wants to trade him.

Gonzo
04-24-2009, 01:18 PM

Eh... Whats one more?

Gravedigger
04-24-2009, 01:19 PM
The amount of money it would take to draft him at that spot and then to put in alot of money for Cassell its too much. And if you pay that kind of money for a #3 spot you're gonna play him this year, its just something you have to do, he's no Jamarcus Russell.

LaChapelle
04-24-2009, 01:19 PM
With all the buzz on him right now, it would be wild if he became a bust. Or got snapped Brodie style.

ChiefsCountry
04-24-2009, 01:21 PM
And if you pay that kind of money for a #3 spot you're gonna play him this year, its just something you have to do.

No you dont.

blaise
04-24-2009, 01:22 PM
I just don't see the point in using a #3 pick on a guy that you're hoping never sees the field for at least two years.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2009, 01:26 PM
I just don't see the point in using a #3 pick on a guy that you're hoping never sees the field for at least two years.

The Titans were fucking retards for sitting Steve McNair. What a bust that guy was. If only he got seasoning his first two years in, he might have won the MVP and taken them to a Super Bowl.

blaise
04-24-2009, 01:30 PM
The Titans were ****ing retards for sitting Steve McNair. What a bust that guy was. If only he got seasoning his first two years in, he might have won the MVP and taken them to a Super Bowl.

Dude we know you're in love with Sanchez, okay? Don't spaz out just because we're not all in love with your mancrush.

Frigging spaz.

blaise
04-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Dude we know you're in love with Sanchez, okay? Don't spaz out just because we're not all in love with your mancrush.

Frigging spaz.

"asshat, dumbass, retard, blah blah blah. You're an idiot! I love Sanchez. I want to make out with him under an apple tree and get ice cream."

- 'Hamas'

Mr. Kotter
04-24-2009, 01:36 PM
I can see us taking him....but mostly for a trade with someone who really covets him.

OTOH, if other teams didn't ante up....keeping him wouldn't be a terrible thing.

Dave Lane
04-24-2009, 02:11 PM
...and keep him?

Amen brother! and rep!

the Talking Can
04-24-2009, 02:14 PM
i would, but they aren't going too.....not even a fraction of a percent of a chance

chiefs1111
04-24-2009, 02:15 PM
I can see us taking him....but mostly for a trade with someone who really covets him.

OTOH, if other teams didn't ante up....keeping him wouldn't be a terrible thing.

Agreed. If Cassel does turn out to be a one year wonder like Derek Anderson,having Sanchez here wouldn't be such a bad thing because next years class of QB's isn't looking so hot.

BigMeatballDave
04-24-2009, 02:16 PM
I just don't see the point in using a #3 pick on a guy that you're hoping never sees the field for at least two years.2 years? Are you high?

blaise
04-24-2009, 02:18 PM
2 years? Are you high?

What you think they gave up a 2nd round pick and paid Cassel money this year just so he'll play one year?

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Agreed. If Cassel does turn out to be a one year wonder like Derek Anderson,having Sanchez here wouldn't be such a bad thing because next years class of QB's isn't looking so hot.

I'm not convinced that the book's been written about Derek Anderson. He had a concussion in the first game and never looked the same--it was clear he wasn't even close to the same QB. But besides, Cassel has a lot more upside than Anderson anyway. Much better accuracy, much more intelligent, much better mechanics, much more athleticism. I don't understand why people keep comparing Cassel to players that are less talented. Scott Mitchell, for example, fizzled because he was never that talented in the first place.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2009, 02:29 PM
...and keep him?

Oh how the flap jack has flipped!

veist
04-24-2009, 04:27 PM

Frigging spaz.

antifreeze, seriously I've seen people bang out better posts with their forehead.

PastorMikH
04-24-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm not sold on Sanchez, but if we were to pick him, we could start Cassell, let him get some experience. Thigpen is a solid backup that I feel can come in and manage the game, maybe even pull one out with his scrambling ability, no need to get rid of him. List Sanchez as #3 on the depth chart, let him watch and learn for a year. Then, a year or two down the road both Cassell and Sanchez are looking really good like everyone expects, either one should be worth more than one high first round pick. We keep the one we want, trade the other for multiple picks.

Dayze
04-24-2009, 06:03 PM
mostly because he'll demand #3 money; hard to trade him to a team at X (below 3) unless they're willing to pay #3 money..

my $.02.

Fat Elvis
04-24-2009, 06:05 PM
mostly because he'll demand #3 money; hard to trade him to a team at X (below 3) unless they're willing to pay #3 money..

my $.02.

The whole point of this thread is that you draft him and don't trade him.

Dayze
04-24-2009, 06:12 PM
The whole point of this thread is that you draft him and don't trade him.

ah..
carry on. nothing to see here.

Crush
04-24-2009, 06:14 PM
What you think they gave up a 2nd round pick and paid Cassel money this year just so he'll play one year?

Yep, considering they gave Cassel that extension... oh wait.

Mecca
04-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Yep, considering they gave Cassel that extension... oh wait.

This is the offseason that everyone is going to look back on and either say wow that was great or good lord did they fuck that up.

SAUTO
04-24-2009, 06:18 PM
This is the offseason that everyone is going to look back on and either say wow that was great or good lord did they fuck that up.

:D the same could be said about every offseason

Mecca
04-24-2009, 06:18 PM
:D the same could be said about every offseason

Not really, they screw up this QB thing it's going to fuck us for years.

R&GHomer
04-24-2009, 06:20 PM
This is the offseason that everyone is going to look back on and either say wow that was great or good lord did they **** that up.

I couldn't agree more. This is some exciting shit :D

Mecca
04-24-2009, 06:25 PM
I couldn't agree more. This is some exciting shit :D

It comes down to the QB's more than anything...if we picked the wrong one to go with it's not going to be remembered fondly.

TheGuardian
04-24-2009, 06:30 PM
We're not drafting Sanchez. Move on.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2009, 07:28 PM
We're drafting Sanchez. I love sheep-fucking.

JOhn
04-24-2009, 07:43 PM
It comes down to the QB's more than anything...if we picked the wrong one to go with it's not going to be remembered fondly.

Good lord I'm thinking I'm having a flashback.......

Do you think we should draft Blackledge?

JOhn
04-24-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm not sold on Sanchez, but if we were to pick him, we could start Cassell, let him get some experience. Thigpen is a solid backup that I feel can come in and manage the game, maybe even pull one out with his scrambling ability, no need to get rid of him. List Sanchez as #3 on the depth chart, let him watch and learn for a year. Then, a year or two down the road both Cassell and Sanchez are looking really good like everyone expects, either one should be worth more than one high first round pick. We keep the one we want, trade the other for multiple picks.

This

For once I would LOVE to see us draft & then teach a QBOTF. Not trow him to the wolves or be content with someone else's work.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Good lord I'm thinking I'm having a flashback.......

Do you think we should draft Blackledge?

Marino is on the board again; DRAFT HIM.

Mr. Krab
04-25-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm pretty close to being on this bandwagon too. Hopefully we can trade down but if we can't then i'm seriously leaning towards just drafting Sanchez. If we can trade him later, fine. If not, then just keep him and let him learn on the bench.

LTL
04-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Not really, they screw up this QB thing it's going to **** us for years.

yep

WilliamTheIrish
04-25-2009, 11:01 AM

Is there something in the water in Olathe? You and Pete...

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-25-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm pretty close to being on this bandwagon too. Hopefully we can trade down but if we can't then i'm seriously leaning towards just drafting Sanchez. If we can trade him later, fine. If not, then just keep him and let him learn on the bench.

Much better, Grasshopper.

http://www.yorkblog.com/faith/beer.jpg

Mr. Krab
04-25-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm not a Sanchez "lover" but drafting a Quarterback high and then having him ride the bench for a couple of years is what teams HOPE to do. It seems like if the Chiefs like Sanchez then they are in a pretty good position to do just that. Cassel doesn't have a long term deal in place yet so we still have plenty of options.

Red Dawg
04-25-2009, 11:05 AM
i would, but they aren't going too.....not even a fraction of a percent of a chance

We shouldn't and they won't. The Don said that Stafford is 5th round talent and Mark only played 16 college games and that's not nearly enough to risk aq 1st rounder.

I think there is zero chance we take him if the Rams don't.

Mr. Krab
04-25-2009, 11:07 AM
We shouldn't and they won't. The Don said that Stafford is 5th round talent and Mark only played 16 college games and that's not nearly enough to risk aq 1st rounder.

I think there is zero chance we take him if the Rams don't.If the Chiefs don't like Sanchez then that changes everything.

blaise
04-25-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm not a Sanchez "lover" but drafting a Quarterback high and then having him ride the bench for a couple of years is what teams HOPE to do. It seems like if the Chiefs like Sanchez then they are in a pretty good position to do just that. Cassel doesn't have a long term deal in place yet so we still have plenty of options.

He doesn't have a long term deal but the Chiefs seem to think he's potentially a 6-7 year starter. Other teams that have QB drafted and sit for two years usually have an older QB or a journeyman there, I would think. Not a guy they just traded for.

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 02:07 PM
He doesn't have a long term deal but the Chiefs seem to think he's potentially a 6-7 year starter.

And you know this how?

Until he definitely has a long-term deal, he's nothing more than a 1-year solution. That's the only FACT we know.