PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs OK, now it's beginning to look like it was Belichick and not Pioli....

Frankie
04-25-2009, 05:03 PM
... who did the masterful stockpiling of the picks. I hope I'm wrong, but I was really happy we were getting a wheeler dealer who will build a draft choice bank. So far I'm reminded more of CP than anything resembling NE in that we lock on a player and reach for him. Again, I hope my concern will prove to be baseless.

ChiefaRoo
04-25-2009, 05:04 PM
... who did the masterful stockpiling of the picks. I hope I'm wrong, but I was really happy we were getting a wheeler dealer who will build a draft choice bank. So far I'm reminded more of CP than anything resembling NE in that we lock on a player and reach for him. Again, I hope my concern will prove to be baseless.

fail

Frankie
04-25-2009, 05:05 PM
fail

Why. Can you show me any evidence otherwise, SO FAR?

the Talking Can
04-25-2009, 05:06 PM
jesus chiefs fans are dumb

SAUTO

ROFL

The_Doctor10
1 day... you are unfuckingbelievable. Tell me, when Chiefsplanet doesn't load immediately after you open up your internet browser, do you throw your computer off the roof?

SAUTO
1 day... you are unfuckingbelievable. Tell me, when Chiefsplanet doesn't load immediately after you open up your internet browser, do you throw your computer off the roof?

doesnt everyone?

kstater
04-25-2009, 05:07 PM

But, but, but, they could have traded down for pennies on the dollar like the Browns.

wild1
stupid

Skyy God
This bears repeating.

Everybody needs to understand that the absurd economic consequences of a top 5 pick are making them less and less valuable all the time.

Peter King or someone mentioned that the Pats last year, by moving from 7 to 10 and getting Jerod Mayo, went from paying about $30MM in guaranteed dollars, to just 16.

At the top, you're at 45 or so million in guaranteed money. For guys that hve never played a single snap in the NFL. it's completely nuts.

petegz28
fail

This.....

Marco Polo

If NE had the #3 pick, they would've done the same thing we did. We did not have any trade partners. Which part of that sentence don't you get? There is a difference trading out of the #3 pick compared to the end of the first round. :doh!:

Huffman83
04-25-2009, 05:08 PM
There's a lot more money involved in a top 3 pick than when you're trying to trade a 31 or 32 pick. Teams will take a risk money wise at the bottom of the first round than the top.

Messier
04-25-2009, 05:08 PM
They had no offers to trade. And they got the player they wanted, who wouldn't have been there two picks later.

KCrockaholic
04-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Geez Frankie is feeling the full force of anger in CP. Its ok guys.

The_Doctor10
doesnt everyone?

Not anymore, I bought a Mac last week :D

-King-
Yeah, um, Pats dont really have any glaring weaknesses so they can trade down 32098 times and not care.

Frankie

Is there any part of "beginning to LOOK like" that you did not understand? If I had said that with conviction it would have made me dumb. But the fact that you did not understand the phrase I used makes you what you just called me.

keg in kc
04-25-2009, 05:10 PM
#3 this year was a no-win scenario. Either you take a player that didn't warrant the selection, or you let another team take you to town in a trade.

Neither of those things are really Pioli's fault.

Frankie
04-25-2009, 05:11 PM
1 day... you are un****ingbelievable. Tell me, when Chiefsplanet doesn't load immediately after you open up your internet browser, do you throw your computer off the roof?

My jury has always been out on Pioli. I am smart enough to never get excited about anyone untill I see his performance. Pioli or not.

the Talking Can
04-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Is there any part of "beginning to LOOK like" that you did not understand? If I had said that with conviction it would have made me dumb. But the fact that you did not understand the phrase I used makes you what you just called me.

jesus you are a fucking moran

Pioli Zombie
04-25-2009, 05:12 PM

Well, duh.

Belichick was the GM. Pioli found the talent. Nobody ever claimed Pioli did the wheeling and dealing. But he does know talent and that is a terrific base to become an excellent GM

But here on Chiefs Planet nobody is given a chance to show what he can do. Unless its Mark Sanchez that is
Posted via Mobile Device

The_Doctor10
04-25-2009, 05:13 PM

How about you wait until the team sucks on the field before you indict the GM as incompetent?

wild1
04-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Not anymore, I bought a Mac last week :D

what about the Flamers, you guys going to finish off Chicago? how do you feel about your prospects?

Frankie
Well, duh.

Belichick was the GM. Pioli found the talent. Nobody ever claimed Pioli did the wheeling and dealing. But he does know talent and that is a terrific base to become an excellent GM

But here on Chiefs Planet nobody is given a chance to show what he can do. Unless its Mark Sanchez that is
Posted via Mobile Device

The first appropriate and smart reply to the topic. Congrats PZ.

eazyb81
LOL.

Not a good sign for Hamas and Mecca that Frankie agrees with them.

Micjones
04-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Pioli should be fired after the first pick of his Chiefs administration.
He's an idiot.

Tyson Jackson's a bust before ever playing an NFL down.

The sky is falling...

Amnorix
04-25-2009, 05:17 PM
1. Have you seen what the Patriots are getting? We backed up from 23 to 26 and got a FIFTH round pick. Moving from 26th to 41 or somesuch got us two thirds, and we had to throw in a fifth to even it up. The Pats are backing up, but they're not exactly getting incredibly rich by doing so.

2. Easier to trade the 23 or 26 pick than trade the 3. Moving those top 5 picks is HARD. The Jets gave up very little for a leap into the top 5.

3. Patriots (Belichick) were accused of more or less the same thing when they sat at 6 and took Richard Seymour. "reach" etc.

Frankie
04-25-2009, 05:17 PM
How about you wait until the team sucks on the field before you indict the GM as incompetent?

I don't disagree with that. But that would be but ONE of the strikes against a GM. The conservative posture that Pioli is showing may change. But so far is the only evidence we can judge his drafting skills and tendencies with. Accuse me of being impatient. But do not accuse me of not making a valid observation.

JuicesFlowing
04-25-2009, 05:18 PM
All of the "feel-good" about Pioli has been evaporated in one pick? This is hilarious. Seriously.

Bwana
04-25-2009, 05:19 PM
ROFL

Pioli Zombie
Proud of my man Belichick I must say. 4 second round picks and at least 3 third round picks that I know of. He just got a second, 2 thirds, and a sixth for #23
Posted via Mobile Device

Amnorix
Yeah, um, Pats dont really have any glaring weaknesses so they can trade down 32098 times and not care.

True, though now we have 13!!! picks in the draft. WTF? We can't expect anywhere near that many rookies to make teh team. I assume we'll be moving some of those picks into the 2010 draft. We currently have FOUR second rounders and THREE third.

Frankie
04-25-2009, 05:20 PM
1. Have you seen what the Patriots are getting? We backed up from 23 to 26 and got a FIFTH round pick. Moving from 26th to 41 or somesuch got us two thirds, and we had to throw in a fifth to even it up. The Pats are backing up, but they're not exactly getting incredibly rich by doing so.

2. Easier to trade the 23 or 26 pick than trade the 3. Moving those top 5 picks is HARD. The Jets gave up very little for a leap into the top 5.

3. Patriots (Belichick) were accused of more or less the same thing when they sat at 6 and took Richard Seymour. "reach" etc.

Thank you. This from one of the brighter and classier posters puts my mind at ease a bit.

Mr. Krab
They had no offers to trade.
proof?

Pioli Zombie
True, though now we have 13!!! picks in the draft. WTF? We can't expect anywhere near that many rookies to make teh team. I assume we'll be moving some of those picks into the 2010 draft. We currently have FOUR second rounders and THREE third.
Fine with me. They'll probably end up with 3 first round picks next year at this rate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
04-25-2009, 05:21 PM
proof?

This.

The_Doctor10
My jury has always been out on Pioli. I am smart enough to never get excited about anyone untill I see his performance. Pioli or not.

But you're smart enough to condemn them after 1 draft pick and the acquisition of a potential franchise QB who proved he was capable of leading an NFL team with a second round pick.

Ok....

tk13
We've made one pick. In the top 3 of a draft no one wanted to be in.

Otter
04-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Shut your pie hole Spankie.

Unless you have tomorrows lottery numbers to back this up you have no clue. No one does, not even the guys who picked him.

RJ
04-25-2009, 05:23 PM
#3 this year was a no-win scenario. Either you take a player that didn't warrant the selection, or you let another team take you to town in a trade.

More proof that the Chiefs are a permanently snake bit franchise.

The term "can't win for losing" comes to mind.

SBK
Frankie has never been right about anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
For those of you who did not understand that this topic is not meant as bitching but merely an observation, I will get excited about SP if we end up with a 2nd somehow without getting raped in the deal. Happy now?

DTLB58
04-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Give it time. What do you think the 2nd rounder in Next year's draft is for?

It's the base to start exactly what the Pats did today.

Patience people.

Frankie
But you're smart enough to condemn them after 1 draft pick and the acquisition of a potential franchise QB who proved he was capable of leading an NFL team with a second round pick.

Ok....

Again, what part of "BEGINNING TO LOOK LIKE" did you not understand?

Messier
proof?

It's what they said, I guess they could be lying.

Reerun_KC
04-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Remember when everyone was in a circle jerking off Herm last year for his awesome draft.

The_Doctor10
04-25-2009, 05:25 PM
what about the Flamers, you guys going to finish off Chicago? how do you feel about your prospects?

If they win tonight, they're going to win the series. If they don't, they'll win game 6, and game 7's a coinflip with the weight on Chicago's side.

That being said, I think Kane, Toews, Havlat, Campbell, and Keith are beginning to really weaken under the physical beating the Flames are putting on them, so I'm really curious to see how that effects them tonight.

REALLY OT I KNOW, BUT HE ASKED FIRST!

Frankie
04-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Frankie has never been right about anything.
Posted via Mobile DeviceROFL

And of course you are right that the world is 6000 years old.

The_Doctor10
04-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Remember when everyone was in a circle jerking off Herm last year for his awesome draft.

And I would contend that you need to give it more time. Rookies don't generally step in right away and go to the Pro Bowl, and the secondary looks to be in good shape for a few years.

Let's see how Dorsey does this season, maybe Cottam isn't useless, and then you can have a better idea of how the 2008 draft was.

Delano
04-25-2009, 05:30 PM

They gained 130 points on the draft value chart with those moves. Pretty damn good, especially when the top end of the draft isn't overwhelming with talent.

wild1
04-25-2009, 05:40 PM
If they win tonight, they're going to win the series. If they don't, they'll win game 6, and game 7's a coinflip with the weight on Chicago's side.

That being said, I think Kane, Toews, Havlat, Campbell, and Keith are beginning to really weaken under the physical beating the Flames are putting on them, so I'm really curious to see how that effects them tonight.

REALLY OT I KNOW, BUT HE ASKED FIRST!

Good luck, hope you guys do it.

This topic is better than this thread anyway ROFL

BigRock
04-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Patriots (Belichick) were accused of more or less the same thing when they sat at 6 and took Richard Seymour. "reach" etc.

The Ron Borges column is legendary.

okcchief
04-25-2009, 05:48 PM
I refuse to make any judgements on Pioli until I see this team on the field for a full year. I agree TJ was a reach but if he is the guy you wanted and you couldn't trade down it's the right pick. It takes a lot of balls and hopefully it pays off. The draft is an imperfect science. That has been proven over and over again.

Everyone had us taking Curry and I can't say I would be anymore excited about that pick.

Frankie
04-25-2009, 06:01 PM
I refuse to make any judgements on Pioli until I see this team on the field for a full year. I agree TJ was a reach but if he is the guy you wanted and you couldn't trade down it's the right pick. It takes a lot of balls and hopefully it pays off. The draft is an imperfect science. That has been proven over and over again.

Everyone had us taking Curry and I can't say I would be anymore excited about that pick.
Don't get me wrong, Jackson was one of my high interest players in this draft. But I was hoping for a demonstration of all that Pioli magic that preceded him here to maybe move to around 7 or 8 and still pick Jackson, IF he really was our target guy all along.

KcFanInGA
04-25-2009, 06:01 PM

this

Messier
04-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Don't get me wrong, Jackson was one of my high interest players in this draft. But I was hoping for a demonstration of all that Pioli magic that preceded him here to maybe move to around 7 or 8 and still pick Jackson, IF he really was our target guy all along.

Who was he supposed to trade with?

Pioli Zombie
04-25-2009, 06:27 PM
I love fans. If we get Jackson at 7 its great. If we get him at 3 it sucks. You got Jackson. Who gives a fuck at what spot. Is it the money? Is it yours? Get a life.
Posted via Mobile Device

Amnorix
04-25-2009, 06:27 PM
The Ron Borges column is legendary.

They could've had David Terrell!!!!

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pioli Zombie
04-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Patriot fans every draft

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

Just fans.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-25-2009, 06:29 PM

:spock:

Who was that large Mexican fellow who went two spots later?

Pioli Zombie
04-25-2009, 06:31 PM

Some overated college qb who hasn't done shit?
Posted via Mobile Device

PastorMikH
04-25-2009, 06:58 PM
In looking what ESPN has to say about each of the first 3 picks the Pats have made, they don't sound all that great either. Perhaps both Bilichick and Pioli are better at picking talent than we are. We'll find out in Sept.

Smed1065
04-25-2009, 07:08 PM

Your relative?

Garcia Bronco
04-25-2009, 07:08 PM

The Patriots have done well today

T-post Tom
04-25-2009, 07:12 PM

Every draft is different. NE didn't have top 5 picks under Belichick. You can't really compare. And most teams felt that this year didn't have the talent level to warrant a move into the top five.

ModSocks
04-25-2009, 07:17 PM
The problem is, some here put the pioli on a pedastool
Posted via Mobile Device

acesn8s
04-25-2009, 08:17 PM
... who did the masterful stockpiling of the picks. I hope I'm wrong, but I was really happy we were getting a wheeler dealer who will build a draft choice bank. So far I'm reminded more of CP than anything resembling NE in that we lock on a player and reach for him. Again, I hope my concern will prove to be baseless.We should have went for BPA like last year...

even though he is up for trade this year...

and nobody is biting...

and he doesn't fit our system...

Frankie
04-26-2009, 12:34 AM
For those of you who did not understand that this topic is not meant as bitching but merely an observation, I will get excited about SP if we end up with a 2nd somehow without getting raped in the deal. Happy now?

So much for that.

MoreLemonPledge
04-26-2009, 12:49 AM
OK, now it's looking like it was Tom Brady and not Matt Cassel.

DaWolf
04-26-2009, 02:28 AM
Wow, I mean give it a few years. I am so sick of people trying to give credit to one guy or another guy. It's an ORGANIZATION people. Belichick didn't do squat in Cleveland, and he went 6-10 his first year in New England. Rome was not built overnight. Pioli inherited a team in disarray. He is in great shape for wheeling and dealing in the 2010 draft already. Trading out of No 3 is not like snapping your fingers...

Miles
04-26-2009, 02:59 AM
So much for that.

You happen to notice what other teams paid for a second round pick?

Crush
04-26-2009, 03:04 AM

Ewwww NTTIAWWT

Mecca
04-26-2009, 03:04 AM
In looking what ESPN has to say about each of the first 3 picks the Pats have made, they don't sound all that great either. Perhaps both Bilichick and Pioli are better at picking talent than we are. We'll find out in Sept.

I thought Ron Brace and the CB pick..who's name is slipping my mind we're awesome picks.

Patrick Chung not so much.

Frankie
04-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Once again, I direct your attention to the topic here. Can someone explain to me Cb Donald Washington in the 4th when we desperately need O-line help and LB help? It's not like we have addressed the O-line in the FA market. I still would like to tryst Pioli, just because he is not Peterson. But his FA and draft performance does eerily remind me of CP.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Go choke on your dildo.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-26-2009, 10:31 AM

sports fan in general I believe... chefs fan do seem to have a special brand of stupidity though I admit.

Mr. Krab
04-26-2009, 10:33 AM
sports fan in general I believe... chefs fan do seem to have a special brand of stupidity though I admit.
C'mon, don't talk about yourself like that ... you are a Chiefs fan?

Frankie
04-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Go choke on your dildo.

Jealous? OK I'll let you do it. You are choking on Pioli's enough, asshole. If you are incapable of an intelligent argument don't wake up your intellectual superior, ....insect. Now go back to your picking your nose and eating it.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2009, 10:35 AM
I am suprised we haven't gone after a C at least.

Messier
04-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Once again, I direct your attention to the topic here. Can someone explain to me Cb Donald Washington in the 4th when we desperately need O-line help and LB help? It's not like we have addressed the O-line in the FA market. I still would like to tryst Pioli, just because he is not Peterson. But his FA and draft performance does eerily remind me of CP.

Sure. We have need at nearly every position. If they didn't feel they had a OL they wanted and felt Washington was good value here that's their prerogative. The team has a draft board that has nothing to do with fans or Mel Kiper, if it doesn't work that's too bad. No we didn't really address the O-line but Goff will be a starter for one or two years.

I get sick of people making judgments right after picks.

Frankie
04-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Sure. We have need at nearly every position. Cb is one our most set positions.

I get sick of people making judgments right after picks.No judgement. I'm not saying with any conviction that Pioli is a failure. All I'm saying that his FA and draft day activities (or lack thereof) are very reminiscent of one Carl Peterson and totally opposite the dynamic and savvy image that most of the posters here had hoped for. Can you really deny that? It's a legitimate concern and until I'm satisfied with reasons to disprove my concern I stand by it.

DaFace
04-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Could someone point me to a draft that the Patriots had where, that day (not years later) everyone thought they had the best draft? I was under the impression that they rarely did what fans thought was best, but made solid picks that pan out years later.

FAX
04-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Cb is one our most set positions.

No judgement. I'm not saying with any conviction that Pioli is a failure. All I'm saying that his FA and draft day activities (or lack thereof) are very reminiscent of one Carl Peterson and totally opposite the dynamic and savvy image that most of the posters here had hoped for. Can you really deny that? It's a legitimate concern and until I'm satisfied with reasons to disprove my concern I stand by it.

I stand convicted that this year's draft is/was a perfect storm of suck, Mr. Frankie.

Very little talent on the board, the Chiefs have needs everywhere, and no trading partners to allow us to do much in the form of dealing. That, I think, is the problem.

FAX

Messier
04-26-2009, 10:54 AM

No judgement. I'm not saying with any conviction that Pioli is a failure. All I'm saying that his FA and draft day activities (or lack thereof) are very reminiscent of one Carl Peterson and totally opposite the dynamic and savvy image that most of the posters here had hoped for. Can you really deny that? It's a legitimate concern and until I'm satisfied with reasons to disprove my concern I stand by it.

Yes that is a judgment. You are "judging" Pioli based on the lack of what you thought would be a trade filled draft.

How do you know CB is set?

beavis
04-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Could someone point me to a draft that the Patriots had where, that day (not years later) everyone thought they had the best draft? I was under the impression that they rarely did what fans thought was best, but made solid picks that pan out years later.

No, but last year everyone was saying we had one of the better drafts, and it led to two freakin' wins.

We should take away thread creation privs for the morans. I'm surprised there aren't more opposing fans here jumping all over these idiots.

DaFace
04-26-2009, 10:57 AM
No, but last year everyone was saying we had one of the better drafts, and it led to two freakin' wins.

We should take away thread creation privs for the morans. I'm surprised there aren't more opposing fans here jumping all over these idiots.

Yeah, I guess that's my point. I don't really get too worked up no matter what we do in the draft because it's just not possible to tell what will happen. I mean, last year, everyone was ecstatic about the Dorsey pick, and now we're potentially looking to trade the dude one year later. You just never know what's going to happen in the long run, so what's the point in bitching about it?

whoman69
04-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Sure. We have need at nearly every position. If they didn't feel they had a OL they wanted and felt Washington was good value here that's their prerogative. The team has a draft board that has nothing to do with fans or Mel Kiper, if it doesn't work that's too bad. No we didn't really address the O-line but Goff will be a starter for one or two years.

I get sick of people making judgments right after picks.

Then why are you here on draft day?

whoman69
04-26-2009, 11:00 AM

It led to two wins because Herm didn't fill the holes that he couldn't fill in the draft.

Frankie
04-26-2009, 11:02 AM

Yeah, one draft was supposed to get us to the SuperBowl. Beavis is quite apt for yourusername. Moron!

You are one of the handful of usual assholes here who routinely reply to my posts with venom based on your historical hatred for "other" reasons. Thanks for the neg-rep here. There are a few of you whose neg-reps I wear as a badge of honor.

Frankie
04-26-2009, 11:03 AM

Yeah, one draft was supposed to get us to the SuperBowl, Einstein. Beavis is quite apt for your username. Moron!

You are one of the handful of usual assholes here who routinely reply to my posts with venom based on your historical hatred for "other" reasons. Thanks for the neg-rep here. There are a few of you whose neg-reps I wear as a badge of honor.

Cannibal
04-26-2009, 11:05 AM

It is far, far too early to know. They haven't played any games yet.

Frankie
04-26-2009, 11:06 AM
It led to two wins because Herm didn't fill the holes that he couldn't fill in the draft.

Why do you waste your time on idiots whoman? These guys don't want to engage in intelligent arguments. Just to use any occasion to suckerpunch any legitimate point and its poster if they hate them enough.

keg in kc
04-26-2009, 11:09 AM
It really isn't like Carl Peterson. They're drafting productive players from major universities.

Frankie
04-26-2009, 11:10 AM
It is far, far too early to know. They haven't played any games yet.

Too true. But by the same token, why are some here defending Pioli so blindly. He has not proven anything yet either. I pointed out a legit concern without convicting Pioli. A mere suspicion, not a conviction. But there are homers here who are cocksure that Pioli is god and should not be criticized.

Messier
04-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Then why are you here on draft day?

On CP? To see what people are saying. And sometimes post if I agree or think someone is being stupid. How about you?

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 11:28 AM

We have a couple of smart football players with limited athleticism and upside.

We're hardly set at CB.

Messier
04-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Too true. But by the same token, why are some here defending Pioli so blindly. He has not proven anything yet either. I pointed out a legit concern without convicting Pioli. A mere suspicion, not a conviction. But there are homers here who are cocksure that Pioli is god and should not be criticized.

You say you're concerned about Pioli, and yet, as you say he hasn't proved anything yet, so I guess he hasn't disproved anything yet either. Just as you are concerned and have suspicions, I am optimistic and have some faith in him. I don't think anyone is god, I just don't have the concerns you do I guess. That's how I approach everything Chiefs related, with optimism until I've been proved wrong. Maybe it's naive, but it makes being a fan more enjoyable for me.

SAUTO
04-26-2009, 11:31 AM
You say you're concerned about Pioli, and yet, as you say he hasn't proved anything yet, so I guess he hasn't disproved anything yet either. Just as you are concerned and have suspicions, I am optimistic and have some faith in him. I don't think anyone is god, I just don't have the concerns you do I guess. That's how I approach everything Chiefs related, with optimism until I've been proved wrong. Maybe it's naive, but it makes being a fan more enjoyable for me.

THIS

Frankie
04-26-2009, 11:55 AM
You say you're concerned about Pioli, and yet, as you say he hasn't proved anything yet, so I guess he hasn't disproved anything yet either.

I agree with you. But I have received vicious attacks on this thread other via replies or a bunch of cowardly neg-reps. It's like WTF?!!! On the other hand I seem to be the one who respects the opposite point of view and argue that it holds just as much water as my argument. No more, no less. You have argued with respect and I appreciate it while I do not agree.

The_Doctor10
04-27-2009, 06:40 PM
proof?

I would think the fact that they DIDN'T trade the pick speaks to the lack of offers...