PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Possible starters still available on Day Two

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 08:40 PM
There's still some quality players available. Who would you like to see drafted as Chiefs?

Sidbury (LBer)
Duke Robinson (OG)
Juaquin Iglesias (WR)
Follett (LB)
Michael Johnson (DE)
Jauron Gilbert (DE)
Jared Cook (TE)
Antoine Caldwell (C)
Terrance Taylor (NT)
Jonathan Luigis (C)
Chris Baker (NT)
Louis Murphy(WR)
Rashad Johnson (FS)
Ramses Barden (WR)
Jason Phillips(ILB)

chiefs1111
04-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Yup there is still some good talent around

Coogs
04-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Jasper Brinkley MLB in the 4th possibly?

Delano
04-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Jamon Meredith (OT)
Shonn Green (RB)

doomy3
04-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Robiskie got drafted by the Browns...

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Robiskie got drafted by the Browns...
I knew I'd miss one.
I'll edit it out.

Pitt Gorilla
04-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Chase Coffman

BigCatDaddy
04-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Might as well finish off the line with another LSU player and take Ricky Jean Francois. I would like to get a good receiving TE also, Cook, Coffman, or Ingram.

Deberg_1990
04-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Who are the top kickers in this draft?

CupidStunt
In a true 30 front (fuck it), they desperately need a NT and some help at rush LB.

Molitoth
I like Chase Coffman, but I'm so sick of drafting TE's.

RippedmyFlesh
04-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Jamon Meredith (OT)
Shonn Green (RB)
I like that pick.
Niswanger signed so he's prob gonna start.
My feeling is make nice with waters so you would have
Albert waters niswanger goff meredith
then get rid of sackintosh

Mecca
04-25-2009, 09:05 PM
It's a bit surprising Shonn Greene hasn't been picked.

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 09:05 PM
In a true 30 front (**** it), they desperately need a NT and some help at rush LB.Hampton is still available and so is Taylor from Michigan for possible NTs.

I think WR Iglesias or OG Duke Robinson are probably the best value. I also really like FS Rashad Johnson and TE Jared Cook. Cook has the skills of a 1st rounder, IMO, he just needs work on his blocking. There's still some guys that could be starters on our team, available.

Priest31kc
04-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Brandon Tate. If It wasnt for him testing positive for Mary J he'd probably be picked already. Could be a big time pick up.

aturnis
04-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Jamon Meredith (OT)
Shonn Green (RB)

I like that pick. Draft him, let him ride the pine a year or two. Get LJ's value up(it can only go up) and trade him for next to nothing of course. Greene's got a unique blend of power and moves. Should be a good back.

Delano
04-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Hampton is still available and so is Taylor from Michigan for possible NTs.

You mean the kid from Hampton - Chris Baker?

He doesn't really fit the character profile.

Mecca
04-25-2009, 09:09 PM
If we picked Shonn Greene they should cut LJ on the spot.

ChiefsCountry
04-25-2009, 09:09 PM
James Davis

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 09:10 PM
You mean the kid from Hampton - Chris Baker?

He doesn't really fit the character profile.No, but he's fit the NT position.;)

CupidStunt
04-25-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm fully expecting a collection of high-character, overachieving, not particularly talented guys -- perhaps including another DL, a LB, a RT and a TE.

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 09:11 PM
It's a bit surprising Shonn Greene hasn't been picked.

I had him as a late 2nd/early 3rd rounder. I'm not surprised considering he only had one season to show off his stuff.

I wouldn't mind having him in KC if we could manage to jettison Larry. He'd be a nice complement to Charles.

Archie Bunker
04-25-2009, 09:12 PM
My top 5

1. Duke Robinson
2. Jamon Meredith
3. Jarron Gilbert
4. Shonn Greene
5. Andre Brown

Gilbert and Jackson would be a damn good pair of young DEs, Robinson and Meredith for obvious reasons, Greene or Brown would set up a good one-two punch with Charles.

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 09:12 PM
If we picked Shonn Greene they should cut LJ on the spot.

This.

Mecca
04-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Jarron Gilbert would probably be at the very top if you were asking me filling 2 3-4 line spots in 1 draft is a nice haul.

Micjones
Still a long way to go.
I'd like to see the Chiefs snag one of the talented Centers (Luigs, Caldwell).
Duke Robinson maybe...
WR, LB, RT.

eazyb81
Lawrence Sidbury would be cool.

ChiefsCountry
04-25-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm still thinking they will pick Caldwell.

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 09:16 PM
My top 5

1. Duke Robinson
2. Jamon Meredith
3. Jarron Gilbert
4. Shonn Greene
5. Andre Brown

Gilbert and Jackson would be a damn good pair of young DEs, Robinson and Meredith for obvious reasons, Greene or Brown would set up a good one-two punch with Charles.I'm kind of leaning towards Gilbert or Robinson. I like the idea of getting our book ends on the D-line and seeing what Dorsey can do with the help. I also think Robinson has PB type potential and that's hard to pass on.

whoman69
04-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Greene would be a great pick and a good value in the third, but we still have a ton of holes on the offensive and defensive lines.

Archie Bunker
04-25-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm kinding of leaning towards Gilbert or Robinson. I like the idea of getting our book ends on the D-line and seeing what Dorsey can do with the help. I also think Robinson has PB type potential and that's hard to pass on.

The more I think about it the more I'm in love with the idea of adding Gilbert. I hate to neglect the oline but the duo of Jackson and Gilbert is hard to pass up.

eazyb81
04-25-2009, 09:18 PM
I actually doubt anyone on here guesses who we pick, and the majority of the board will be furious at who the pick ends up being.

Delano
04-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Who do the Lions and Rams pick?

Rams need a WR right? Maybe they go with Iglesias.

Lions???

Mecca
04-25-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm kind of leaning towards Gilbert or Robinson. I like the idea of getting our book ends on the D-line and seeing what Dorsey can do with the help. I also think Robinson has PB type potential and that's hard to pass on.

How is that a book end? Robinson spent his entire college career playing left guard.

Delano
04-25-2009, 09:22 PM
How is that a book end? Robinson spent his entire college career playing left guard.

He said bookends on the D-line with Jackson and Gilbert.

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Greene would be a great pick and a good value in the third, but we still have a ton of holes on the offensive and defensive lines.

We're not gonna fix everything with one draft. Need to draft for value.

Mecca
04-25-2009, 09:25 PM
He said bookends on the D-line with Jackson and Gilbert.

Oh shit nevermind, I saw someone say Robinson was an OT earlier my mind jumped.

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm referring to Gilbert as the BOOK END to Tyson Jackson.

I'm referring to Robinson as having PB potential as an offensive GUARD and that's why I'm torn between the two players, because both positions could use a major upgrade.

I'm been living it up a little tonight and might not be real clear.

Mecca
04-25-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm referring to Gilbert as the BOOK END to Tyson Jackson.

I'm referring to Robinson as having PB potential as an offensive GUARD and that's why I'm torn between the two players, because both positions could use a major upgrade.

I'm been living it up a little tonight and might not be real clear.

I fucked up, sorry about that.

Pitt Gorilla
04-25-2009, 09:29 PM
C, G, T, WR, TE, S

penchief
04-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Derrick Williams is a character guy who does everything well including returning punts and kickoffs.

Mecca
04-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Derrick Williams problem is he killed himself during the senior bowl he kept dropping punts and his 40 was so bad.

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 09:32 PM
I ****ed up, sorry about that.No problem at all, man.

I think we almost have to pull the trigger on Gilbert sooner, rather than later. I agree ,getting 2 of the 3 D-lineman for the 3-4 would be huge.

tonyetony
04-25-2009, 09:33 PM
TJ Lang is a versatile sleeper that could start at gaurd or right tackle by mid season. Check the video out here http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/TJ-Lang.php

If we draft Green in the third LJ is most likely history.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-25-2009, 09:34 PM
TJ Lang is a versatile sleeper that could start at gaurd or right tackle by mid season. Check the video out here http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/TJ-Lang.php

I'm a big fan of his. I took him in CP's mock draft. I think he would start day 1.

Delano
04-25-2009, 09:34 PM
I'd say it's Robinson, but if the Chiefs question his work ethic or smarts at all, I think they pass.

shammus
04-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Seeing as it doesn't seem we'll be picking up any extra picks this year, I wouldn't mind us using our 3rd and 4th picks on the Oline. We've got to replace MacIntosh for sure and someone like Jamon Meredith could be the guy that does that. Duke Robinson is nice value in the 3rd round...any chance he could play RT? Kraig Urbik is still there too....same question I posed concerning Duke Robinson applies here....

I think we got to have a center too. I'd like Antoine Caldwell or Jonathan Luigs but the draft is so deep for centers that we may be able to pick up AQ Shipley in the 5th round and have him start even.

Some nice linebackers left if we want to go that route too - Jason Phillips, Jasper Brinkley and Darry Beckworth can all play inside. Kaluka Maiava and Zach Follett might have a shot at starting on the outside for us.

Receiving-wise....Brandon Tate in the 4th or Austin Collie or Ramses Baarden in the 5th -6th round?

So, I guess if I had it my way, here's how things shape up -

3rd - Jamon Meredith/Robinson/Urbik
4th - Brandon Tate or Antoine Caldwell
5th - Zach Follett
6th - Ramses Barden

Seem feasible?

Mecca
04-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Kaluka Maiavia would be an ILB in a 3-4.

And if the Chiefs do take Robinson, Waters is either being moved or someone is moving to center.

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 09:37 PM
The more I think about it the more I'm in love with the idea of adding Gilbert. I hate to neglect the oline but the duo of Jackson and Gilbert is hard to pass up.

Yea, I'm really starting to lean that way myself. If we're going to commit to the 3-4, we need to get some of the base players to pull it off.

J Diddy
04-25-2009, 09:38 PM
I actually doubt anyone on here guesses who we pick, and the majority of the board will be furious at who the pick ends up being.

and then the obligatory f--- pioli thread by hamas ensues....

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Kaluka Maiavia would be an ILB in a 3-4.

And if the Chiefs do take Robinson, Waters is either being moved or someone is moving to center.

It's kind of odd, but I think Goff is more set at RG than Waters is at LG.

T-post Tom
04-25-2009, 09:39 PM

No way we take a guy who's favorite movie is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II. :)

tonyetony
I'm a big fan of his. I took him in CP's mock draft. I think he would start day 1.

Geesh the kid started his first college game at 17 years old on the D-line and has played every position on the O-line. I know he's not from a BCS conference but he has unlimited upside and he's already damn good.

Mecca
We should probably just take alot of lineman from here on here there's still plenty of quality guys left.

tonyetony
04-25-2009, 09:47 PM
No way we take a guy who's favorite movie is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II. :)

I saw that. I guess it could be worse, I think Ryan Sims favorite was Pretty in Pink. Atleast he wasn't trying to be a Scarface poser.

Mecca
04-25-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm surprised no one is talking about Michael Johnson...

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 09:51 PM
We should probably just take alot of lineman from here on here there's still plenty of quality guys left.

I'm on board. Let's do it.

KevB
04-25-2009, 09:52 PM
I like Jarrett Dillard as a WR at some point. Reminds me a bit of Eddie Royal. Not the biggest guy obviously, but really quick and catches the ball consistently. I'd expect Pioli to go with a big man in the 3rd, Robinson, Gilbert or Meredith.

I also like the idea of Brandon Tate, but he's coming off a torn ACL, right? Are we willing to wait for him to recover? Pats liked taking tight ends early, maybe they go with Jared Cook. Everybody says Haley didn't use the tight end, but maybe he would if he had a very good pass catching option.

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm surprised no one is talking about Michael Johnson...I've got him on my list and think as a 3rd rounder, he's worth taking a chance on. I would like to think Chan Gailey has the inside track on him. The top of the draft was pretty average, but this may be the best 3rd round in recent memory. Plenty of talent still available, who have realistic shots at being starters, especially on our team.

Mecca
04-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Tate tore his ACL in October he should be ok...he also tested positive for weed right before the draft though.

Hoover
04-25-2009, 09:55 PM
My money is on Jamon Meredith.

T-post Tom
04-25-2009, 09:58 PM
2009 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

Jamon Meredith, OL, South Carolina

If NFL teams are looking for an offensive lineman to come in and contribute immediately, they can look no further than this South Carolina Gamecock. To say Meredith is high on the experience factor would be an understatement. He redshirted as a freshman after playing in one game, and coming into 2008 he had started 28 consecutive games; 29 in total dating back to his freshman season. Meredith started 18 straight at left tackle protecting his quarterback's blind side, but recently he has been forced to show his versatility. He had to sit out two games at the start of this season due to having played during his 2005 redshirt year, and coach Steve Spurrier moved him to guard upon his return. In addition to his football skills (which include running under 5.0 in the 40-yard-dash despite his size), Meredith is outstanding in the classroom and will bring no off-the-field concerns with him into the next level. Right now he looks like a second-rounder in the 2009 draft. Meredith has the frame to get even bigger and he needs to show he can truly dominate a game up front before NFL brass will be convinced to go for him in round one.

Mecca
04-25-2009, 09:59 PM
I've seen Meredith projected as a OT and a guard, I wonder which he is.

T-post Tom
04-25-2009, 10:00 PM
I saw that. I guess it could be worse, I think Ryan Sims favorite was Pretty in Pink. Atleast he wasn't trying to be a Scarface poser.

I think Scarface was Sammy Parker's favorite movie. Can't argue with that! :D

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 10:04 PM
The difference 20 pounds makes?
1:56 pm April 24, 2009, by Doug Roberson

Guess who this player is:

He’s 6-6, 283 pounds. Had 13 sacks as a junior, 24 in his career. Left school. Ran a 4.65-40 at combine. Benched 225 pounds, 35 times. Tagged with a rep of taking some plays off.

Now, guess who this player is:

He’s 6-7, 266 pounds. Had nine sacks as a senior, his first season starting full-time. Also played on several special teams units. Ran a 4.69-40, benched 225 pounds 28 times. Tagged with a rep of taking some plays off. Could fall to the third round, according to some mock drafts.

The first player is Mario Williams, whom the Texans selected No. 1 in the 2006 draft. He’s gone on to have 30.5 sacks in Houston, and is considered one of the best defensive ends in the NFL.

The second player is…..you guessed it, Michael Johnson.

So, why did Williams go No. 1, while Johnson could fall as low as the 70s in tomorrow’s draft?

Williams is obviously bigger, and stronger, but does 20 pounds and eight reps make that much of a difference?

NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock has blistered Johnson over and over, but many people were saying the same thing about Williams.

Could Johnson be the sleeper in the draft?

Mecca
04-25-2009, 10:05 PM
The problem with Johnson is he's just never been a big on field producer, he's more athlete than football player.

tonyetony
04-25-2009, 10:05 PM
2009 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

Jamon Meredith, OL, South Carolina

If NFL teams are looking for an offensive lineman to come in and contribute immediately, they can look no further than this South Carolina Gamecock. To say Meredith is high on the experience factor would be an understatement. He redshirted as a freshman after playing in one game, and coming into 2008 he had started 28 consecutive games; 29 in total dating back to his freshman season. Meredith started 18 straight at left tackle protecting his quarterback's blind side, but recently he has been forced to show his versatility. He had to sit out two games at the start of this season due to having played during his 2005 redshirt year, and coach Steve Spurrier moved him to guard upon his return. In addition to his football skills (which include running under 5.0 in the 40-yard-dash despite his size), Meredith is outstanding in the classroom and will bring no off-the-field concerns with him into the next level. Right now he looks like a second-rounder in the 2009 draft. Meredith has the frame to get even bigger and he needs to show he can truly dominate a game up front before NFL brass will be convinced to go for him in round one.

I saw one report on him that said to think of him as a Jordon Black clone. I shuddered and mumbled at the thought. Although at RT I think Merideth has more upside than Sackintosh.

T-post Tom
04-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Duke Robinson, OL, Oklahoma

It is not everyday that a true freshman plays a role on Oklahoma. But Duke Robinson played in ten games at left guard in 2005 and even some saw action at left tackle. By his sophomore campaign, Robinson was a staple at left guard and took more snaps than any other linemen on the team. For his efforts he earned All-Big 12 honorable mention accolades. As a junior, Robinson cemented his status as one of the best guards in the nation.
At 6-5 and 335 pounds, Robinson is a big, big man. He is a road-grader who could be a starting guard on many teams in the NFL as a rookie. Ideally, Robinson should be a guard, but he is versatile enough to play at the right tackle spot if needed and that will be a big plus for some teams.

Not many offensive guards crack the first round of the NFL Draft, but Duke Robinson is one of the few who can. His size, experience and sheer talent will be difficult for teams in need for a guard to pass up. Robinson could slip into the second round since he is a guard, but he will almost certainly be the first taken in April.

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 10:06 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/nfl_draft/nfl_mockdraft_dl/Gd1JkIgo5fuDFWRmy2CwhApSew5SrvhP

KcFanInGA
04-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Micheal Johnson for sure. I've seen this guy play (I live about 45 minutes from GT) and he is for real. I've seen him batting balls like Yao Ming, seriously his jump is ridiculous. I dont know what he jumped at combine but it should be high. And I dont think a WR would kill us, by a long shot

The Bad Guy
04-25-2009, 10:08 PM
The upside of Johnson really intrigues me.

I don't think it would take much to get up in the top 10 of the 3rd round to take Johnson if we go Meredith or Robinson first.

T-post Tom
04-25-2009, 10:10 PM
I saw one report on him that said to think of him as a Jordon Black clone. I shuddered and mumbled at the thought. Although at RT I think Merideth has more upside than Sackintosh.

Jordan Black/Jeff Criswell/Kyle Turley/Victor Riley/Damien Mackintosh = epic :cuss:

Mecca
04-25-2009, 10:10 PM
I also really love Jared Cook but I won't pimp for the Chiefs to take a TE.

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 10:12 PM
The problem with Johnson is he's just never been a big on field producer, he's more athlete than football player.

He can get to the QB, but he's probably a better fit as an OLBer in a 3-4, than a DE, for sure, that's why I like Gilbert, because he solidifies the D-line, at least in theory.

I also still really like Duke Robinson, that's hellacious value in the 3rd round-I hope the Lions or Rams don't draft him.

booger
04-25-2009, 10:12 PM

looks like he could be another Quinton Moses. But if he could be another Jason Taylor...... Boom/Bust

Told you the other day Cushing would go before Mauluga

KcFanInGA
04-25-2009, 10:13 PM
And Duke Robinson. That dude doesn't stop.

Fat Elvis
04-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Micheal Johnson for sure. I've seen this guy play (I live about 45 minutes from GT) and he is for real. I've seen him batting balls like Yao Ming, seriously his jump is ridiculous. I dont know what he jumped at combine but it should be high. And I dont think a WR would kill us, by a long shot

Harvey Williams has no neck compared to this guy.

Fat Elvis
04-25-2009, 10:17 PM
He can get to the QB, but he's probably a better fit as an OLBer in a 3-4, than a DE, for sure, that's why I like Gilbert, because he solidifies the D-line, at least in theory.

I also still really like Duke Robinson, that's hellacious value in the 3rd round-I hope the Lions or Rams don't draft him.

One of them will for sure, unfortunately....

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Hampton is still available and so is Taylor from Michigan for possible NTs.

I think WR Iglesias or OG Duke Robinson are probably the best value. I also really like FS Rashad Johnson and TE Jared Cook. Cook has the skills of a 1st rounder, IMO, he just needs work on his blocking. There's still some guys that could be starters on our team, available.

Duke Robinson fucking sucks.

There are five guys left that blow him away.

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2009, 10:22 PM
And Duke Robinson. That dude doesn't stop.

Sucking.

He doesn't stop sucking.

Mecca
04-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Whoa now I wouldn't have taken Levitre ahead of Robinson.

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Duke Robinson ****ing sucks.

There are five guys left that blow him away.You're entitled your opinion. I happen to think Robinson is a bargain in the 3rd.

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2009, 10:28 PM
You're entitled your opinion. I happen to think Robinson is a bargain in the 3rd.

I'd take Caldwell or Urbick long before Robinson

BigChiefFan
Duke Robinson's senior year stats...

6'5", 329 lbs.
5.32 40 Yard Dash, 4.90 20 Yard Shuttle, 8.09 3-Cone Drill
31.5 Inch Vertical Jump, 20 Bench Reps

SENIOR SEASON STATS:
117 Key Blocks, 14 TD Resulting Blocks, 5 Downfield Blocks, 0 QB Pressures Allowed, 0 Sacks Allowed

Sure thing, Dane.

Mecca
I questioned Robinson when people had him going at the end of the 1st round but in the 3rd he's a top of the line value.

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Duke Robinson's senior year stats...

6'5", 329 lbs.
5.32 40 Yard Dash, 4.90 20 Yard Shuttle, 8.09 3-Cone Drill
31.5 Inch Vertical Jump, 20 Bench Reps

SENIOR SEASON STATS:
117 Key Blocks, 14 TD Resulting Blocks, 5 Downfield Blocks, 0 QB Pressures Allowed, 0 Sacks Allowed

Sure thing, Dane.

I don't care.

I think he's going to suck in the NFL.

I'm sorry my words penetrated your anus.

SBK
04-25-2009, 10:31 PM
I'd imagine our pick will be on one of the lines, or possibly a pass rushing OLB. I tend to think O-line though, we need to upgrade it and there's some pretty good guys still out there.

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2009, 10:32 PM
I'd imagine our pick will be on one of the lines, or possibly a pass rushing OLB. I tend to think O-line though, we need to upgrade it and there's some pretty good guys still out there.

After today, the Chiefs only need to upgrade 15 starting positions.

It was an AMAZING day for the Chiefs.

Mecca
04-25-2009, 10:37 PM
I'd like to hear what is wrong with Duke Robinson, I've talked about him before and he has some flaws but he's way more talented than Kraig Urbik is.

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 10:40 PM
I don't care.

I think he's going to suck in the NFL.

I'm sorry my words penetrated your anus.Oh a little shit fit, how fucking quaint. How dare someone think a player has value before your pick.ROFL Throwing stats out now equates to you tonguing my ass, huh? Pucker up.

KcFanInGA
04-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Harvey Williams has no neck compared to this guy.

Damn. Harvey Williams. I kind of forgot about him. Hopefully they are both the kind of guys that stick their neck out for the team

Mecca
04-25-2009, 10:43 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/og/Duke-Robinson.php

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/og/Kraig-Urbik.php

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/c/Antoine-Caldwell.php

Compare those 3 scouting reports.

SBK
04-25-2009, 10:47 PM

It was pretty boring, especially when compared to last year. Trading for Cassel added to the boredom, would have been a lot of fun to be taking Sanchez instead.

For me though, I don't mind our pick at all. I don't know much about him, but if you can't trade down you should take the guy that fits in your system, that fits who you want, even if it might be a few picks early. From what I've read though, it sounds like he would have been gone at 5 so maybe he's not so much of a reach.

And we should start scouting LSU for next year, we seem to like them for our #1's. :D

tonyetony
04-25-2009, 10:50 PM

We did get three new day 1 starters in two rounds. Tommorrow if we can get one more day 1 starter plus a few back ups pushing for starting positions by mid season then I think we'll be better than the raiders and denver this year. That's a start.

Mecca
04-25-2009, 10:51 PM
We did get three new day 1 starters in two rounds. Tommorrow if we can get one more day 1 starter plus a few back ups pushing for starting positions by mid season then I think we'll be better than the raiders and denver this year. That's a start.

Those 2 teams had abortions of drafts.

tonyetony
04-25-2009, 11:00 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/og/Duke-Robinson.php

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/og/Kraig-Urbik.php

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/c/Antoine-Caldwell.php

Compare those 3 scouting reports.

I like the fact that Caldwell has some versatility but it sounds like he'll be interior and need protected by a good player on the outside. I've seen Robinson play and he can finish not to mention he is huge. If his ass gets motivated he is a day one starter for us.

Mecca
04-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Robinson is the guy who doesn't have physical weaknesses which is a plus as an interior lineman.

BigChiefFan
04-25-2009, 11:04 PM
The more I think about Gilbert, the more Gilbert worries me some, I think I'd prefer Michael Johnson or Duke Robinson with our 1st pick tomorrow.

KCChiefsMan
04-25-2009, 11:20 PM
ya I want Brandon Tate tomorrow with our 1st pick, that would be a damn good 3rd rounder

Priest31kc
04-25-2009, 11:25 PM
ya I want Brandon Tate tomorrow with our 1st pick, that would be a damn good 3rd rounder

Tate or Iglesias? I think i'd go with Tate.

Archie Bunker
04-25-2009, 11:31 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/results/Best-Day-Two.php

Best Available - Day Two

1. Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
2. Shawn Nelson, TE, Southern Miss
3. Rashad Johnson, S, Alabama
4. Jared Cook, TE, South Carolina
5. Jamon Meredith, OT, South Carolina
6. Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida
7. Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma
8. Jarron Gilbert, DT, San Jose St.
9. D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt
10. Lawrence Sidbury, DE, Richmond
11. Derrick Williams, WR, Penn St.
12. Troy Kropog, OT, Tulane
13. Alex Magee, DT, Purdue
14. Travis Beckum, TE, Wisconsin
15. Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri
16. Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Oklahoma
17. Andre Brown, RB, North Carolina St.
18. Chip Vaughn, S, Wake Forest
19. Marcus Freeman, OLB, Ohio St.
20. T.J. Lang, OT, Eastern Michigan
21. Donald Washington, CB, Ohio St.
22. Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa
23. Kaluka Maiava, OLB, USC
24. Mike Thomas, WR, Arizona
25. Kraig Urbik, OG, Wisconsin
26. James Casey, TE, Rice
27. Louis Murphy, WR, Florida
28. Coye Francies, CB, San Jose St.
29. Ramses Barden, WR, Cal Poly
30. Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston St.
31. Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty
32. Victor Harris, CB, Virginia Tech
33. Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina
34. Antoine Caldwell, C, Alabama
35. Bradley Fletcher, CB, Iowa
36. Mike Wallace, WR, Ole Miss

CrazyPhuD
04-25-2009, 11:53 PM
I think the chiefs need a big athletic johnson to compete in this league. Make it happen, although I won't get to see the outcome until tommorrow evening.

KevB
04-26-2009, 12:02 AM
http://www.gbnreport.com/updatedtop100.html

# Cornelius Ingram TE 6-4, 246 Florida (X)
# Michael Johnson DE 6-7, 266 Georgia Tech
# *Jared Cook TE 6-5, 246 South Carolina
# Duke Robinson OG 6-5, 330 Oklahoma
# Jamon Meredith OT 6-5, 305 South Carolina
# Derrick Williams WR 6-0, 195 Penn State
# Marcus Freeman LB 6-1, 240 Ohio State
# Shawn Nelson TE 6-5, 240 Southern Mississippi
# *D.J. Moore CB 5-9, 192 Vanderbilt
# Jarron Gilbert DE 6-6, 290 San Jose State
# Rashad Johnson FS 5-11, 203 Alabama
# Alex Magee DT 6-3, 298 Purdue
# Andre Brown RB 6-0, 225 North Carolina State
# Michael Hamlin DB 6-2, 215 Clemson
# Shonn Greene RB 5-11, 227 Iowa
# Antoine Caldwell OC 6-3, 310 Alabama
# Coye Francies CB 6-0, 185 San Jose State
# Chip Vaughn SS 6-1, 220 Wake Forest
# Rashad Jennings RB 6-1 231 Liberty
# Darry Beckwith LB 6-0, 242 LSU (X)
# *James Casey TE 6-4, 245 Rice
# Lawrence Sidbury DE 6-2, 266 Richmond
# Kevin Barnes CB 6-0, 187 Maryland
# *Ricky Jean-Francois DT 6-3, 295 LSU
# Louis Murphy WR 6-2, 205 Florida
# Jonathan Luigs OC 6-4, 301 Arkansas
# Javon Ringer RB 5-9, 205 Michigan State (X)
# Chase Coffman TE 6-6, 245 Missouri
# Mike Mickens CB 6-0, 185 Cincinnati (X)
# Dannell Ellerbe LB 6-1, 236 Georgia
# Dorell Scott DT 6-3, 310 Clemson
# Juaquin Iglesias WR 6-1, 210 Oklahoma
# Keenan Lewis CB 6-1, 210 Oregon State
# Kraig Urbik OG 6-5, 335 Wisconsin (OT)
# Jason Phillips LB 6-1, 240 Texas Christian (X)
# Victor Harris CB 5-11, 192 Virginia Tech
# T.J. Lang OT 6-4, 312 Eastern Michigan
# Jonathan Casillas LB 6-1, 228 Wisconsin
# Gerald Cadogan OT 6-5, 310 Penn State
# Scott McKillop LB 6-1, 245 Pittsburgh
# *Asher Allen CB 5-10, 195 Georgia
# Kaluka Maiava LB 5-11, 230 Southern California
# Corey Irvin DT 6-3, 300 Georgia
# *Glenn Coffee RB 6-0, 210 Alabama
# Brandon Tate WR 6-0, 185 North Carolina (X)
# Jasper Brinkley LB 6-2, 252 South Carolina
# David Bruton DB 6-2, 220 Notre Dame
# Kory Sheets RB 5-11, 210 Purdue
# Stephen McGee QB 6-3, 225 Texas A&M
# Matt Shaughnessy DE 6-5, 266 Wisconsin
# Troy Kropog OT 6-5, 310 Tulane
# Mitch King DT 6-2, 280 Iowa (DE)
# Tyrone McKenzie LB 6-2, 243 South Florida
# Ramses Barden WR 6-6, 230 Cal Poly
# Curtis Taylor FS 6-2, 210 LSU
# Cary Harris CB 5-11, 185 Southern California
# Xavier Fulton OT 6-4, 305 Illinois (X)
# Mike Thomas WR 5-8, 195 Arizona
# Rhett Bomar QB 6-2,225 Sam Houston State
# Chris Clemons DB 6-0, 210 Clemson
# *Kevin Ogletree WR 6-1, 196 Virginia
# *Gerald McRath LB 6-2, 231 Southern Mississipp

salame
04-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Duke Robinson or Derrick Williams would be cool

Sure-Oz
04-26-2009, 12:08 AM
Ramses Barden late?

Sure-Oz
04-26-2009, 12:08 AM
BtW-what picks do we have tomorrow

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Jamon Meredith, RT

salame
04-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Ramses Barden late?

He might be there in the 7th

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2009, 12:11 AM
BtW-what picks do we have tomorrow

3 (67)
4 (102)
5 (139)
6 (175)
7 (212)
7 (256)

tboss27
04-26-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm surprised no one is talking about Michael Johnson...

I think it would be a good move. Goodness knows we need some speed off the end, he definitely fits the profile. He may only be a 3rd down OLB in the 3-4 or end in the 4-3, but if he is capable of being as good a pass rusher as he was at GT he would be well worth the pick.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm not a fan of Derrick Williams I just don't think he fits.

Frankie
04-26-2009, 12:38 AM
I'm hoping we pick up Lucas Taylor around 6 or 7. Any WR whose name sounds that similar to Otis Taylor can't be all bad.
;)

salame
04-26-2009, 12:46 AM

I hope the Bears draft him actually.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 12:47 AM
I hope the Bears draft him actually.

The Bears need another return man it will give them 42.

googlegoogle
04-26-2009, 12:49 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oypUsE7dho8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oypUsE7dho8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

googlegoogle
04-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Michael Johnson is falling because he's soft.

Coogs
04-26-2009, 07:30 AM
I'm not sure if an ILB is high on our priority list or not, but here is the skinny on Brinkley. I remember him from a couple of years ago being a real ass kicker...

Height: 6-15/8 | Weight: 252 | 40-Time: 4.72

Official Bio

Strengths:
Terrific size and bulk with long arms...Athletic with good timed speed and a burst...Excellent strength...A reliable tackler...Powerful and can deliver a big hit...Able to take on and shed blockers...Does a nice job of filling in the box...Good pass rusher / blitzer...Outstanding work ethic.

Weaknesses:
Stiff and doesn't play to his workout numbers...Struggles in coverage and lacks fluid hips...Range is limited...Has trouble in space...Could be more physical...Marginal instincts and awareness...Intelligence has been questioned...Conditioning may be an issue...Durability concerns.

Notes:
Twin brother, Casper, also played for the Gamecocks and is currently with the Carolina Panthers...JUCO transfer from Georgia Military College...Immediately stepped in and assumed a starting job in 2006, earning 1st Team All-SEC honors and leading the team in tackles by a wide margin...Played in four games in 2007 but suffered a knee injury, which required surgery, and wound up redshirting...Returned in 2008 and was solid but carried too much weight and did not appear to be 100% healthy...Should be even better in 2009 now that he's a couple of years removed from that knee injury...A bit one-dimensional but certainly possesses intriguing triangle numbers and worked out much better than anyone expected at the Scouting Combine...Prototypical two-down thumper whose best fit might come inside in a 3-4 scheme.

The Bad Guy
04-26-2009, 07:46 AM
In order of preference for the 3rd:

Duke Robinson
Michael Johnson
Laurence Sidbury
Jarren Gilbert
Jarron Meredith

dirk digler
04-26-2009, 07:48 AM
I like Duke Robinson with our upcoming pick

penchief
04-26-2009, 07:51 AM

I'm not sure if he fits or not but Williams is a good football player. He's a character guy who is very unselfish. He plays a lot faster than his timed speed when he has the ball in his hands and has very good vision. And he is a hard worker who leads by example. He's the kind of player who could end up being a better pro than he was a college player.

Iowanian
04-26-2009, 07:56 AM
With the value of talent in the 3rd, I'd love to see the Chiefs go to work and move a couple of disgruntled vets for picks in the 3rd.

Duke Robinson would be a nice replacement for Waters.....Coffman is a nice option at TE....Shonn Green can run the rock if they want to ship LJ into someone elses problemville.

the Talking Can
04-26-2009, 08:01 AM
With the value of talent in the 3rd, I'd love to see the Chiefs go to work and move a couple of disgruntled vets for picks in the 3rd.

Duke Robinson would be a nice replacement for Waters.....Coffman is a nice option at TE....Shonn Green can run the rock if they want to ship LJ into someone elses problemville.

amen

wish we had 2 thirds....but we have 2 seconds next year, that will be huge

milkman
04-26-2009, 08:05 AM
I've seen Meredith projected as a OT and a guard, I wonder which he is.

I'd play him RT.

He's not the mauler that you'd like right now, but he has the frame to add some weight and get stronger, but he has good feet and size, and would be able to handle the DE on that side in pass protect.

If he's still there at 67, I think I'd have to jump at the chance to draft him.

milkman
04-26-2009, 08:06 AM

Meredith has better athletic ability, and better feet than Jordan Black.

philfree
04-26-2009, 08:08 AM
In order of preference for the 3rd:

Duke Robinson
Michael Johnson
Laurence Sidbury
Jarren Gilbert
Jarron Meredith

We need a pass rusher badly but our d line would be pretty tough with Jackson playing one and DE and Gilbert playing the other. So right here right now our biggest needs are O line, OLB for the 3-4, a NT and a WR/TE.

PhilFree:arrow:

milkman
04-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Ramses Barden late?

Ramses Barden has some talent, but he's a project.

I wouldn't take him before the 6th round.

Chiefs=Champions
04-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Meredith has better athletic ability, and better feet than Jordan Black.

What do you think of Duke?

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2009, 08:14 AM
We've got Robinson or Meredith if we want one of them.

milkman
04-26-2009, 08:14 AM
What do you think of Duke?

Big guy with some athleticism.

I think he has a chane to be a hell of a guard in the NFL.

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2009, 08:15 AM
Ramses Barden has some talent, but he's a project.

I wouldn't take him before the 6th round.Exactly. I would love him in the 6th or something, but not in the third.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 08:16 AM
Looks like we need to take somebody from Iowa. ROFL

Chiefs=Champions
04-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Big guy with some athleticism.

I think he has a chane to be a hell of a guard in the NFL.

Thats wat i hear lol... Who would u take if u had the choice of Duke or Meredith?

Mizzou_8541
04-26-2009, 08:25 AM
How many picks do we have today?

milkman
04-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Thats wat i hear lol... Who would u take if u had the choice of Duke or Meredith?

Not that it matters at this point, but I would have gone with Meredith.

Delano
04-26-2009, 08:29 AM
I don't see MaGee on any of these lists.. WTF

Chiefs=Champions
04-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Not that it matters at this point, but I would have gone with Meredith.

Indeed.. Fair enough cheers for that.

Dottefan
04-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Chase Coffman

I dont think the Chiefs need a towel boy..lol

Coogs
04-26-2009, 08:48 AM

Look at posts 101 and 103 which are NflDraftCountdown and GBN big boards for today. He is pretty high on both.

Skyy God
04-26-2009, 08:50 AM

He's #54 on Gosslin's.