PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is Haley on the hook for Cassel?

LaChapelle
04-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Herm's future rode on Brodie, to an extent. 3rd rounder.
DV's on Green. 1st rounder.
Gunther's on Grbac. Okay not really. Marty and Carl's baby.

If Cassel flops is Haley's butt out the door?

Reaper16
04-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Yes, but only because it would be Pioli's butt out the door, too.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 03:21 PM
If Cassel flops everyones butt is out the door and this offseason is a major blunder.

keg in kc
04-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Depends on who's behind Cassel and what he does.

Reerun_KC
04-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Lets hope...

If Cassel cant deliver playoff wins by year 2 or 3, then they all should be out the door. No need to sit around and circle jerk for 20 years....

Cassel has alot of pressure, he has to produce at a pro bowl level and win now or he is going to be one of the biggest trade blunders in recent memory..

Basileus777
This is Clark Hunt we are talking about. He's not going to can someone over one move.

RealSNR
At least we can draft Tebow!!!!11

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Playoff success won't be entirely predicated on Cassel, so placing all of the responsibility at his feet is outlandish.

Reerun_KC

ROFL

Are you leading that charge now that Jesus Curry isnt coming here?

Bugeater
If he flops I would think it's more on Pioli than Haley.

But as always, opinions will vary greatly.

LaChapelle
04-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Cassel was only a 2nd rouder, albeit a high one.

Reerun_KC
04-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Playoff success won't be entirely predicated on Cassel, so placing all of the responsibility at his feet is outlandish.

Couldnt careless...

The guy better produce... We passed the opportunity for a franchise QB this year, we have to wait until 2011 to have another shot at one...

Yes he better fucking elevate everyones game around him and lead this team to playoff wins.

ChiefsCountry
Its pretty much the reason why Peterson never tied himself to a QB.

Mecca
Cassel was only a 2nd rouder, albeit a high one.

Hypothetically speaking they passed on Sanchez for him...what if Sanchez is a great player what does the view become then?

Fish
04-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Blame is a funny thing. I'd venture to guess it would depend mostly on how Clark Hunt viewed the situation....

Micjones
04-26-2009, 03:27 PM
If we don't get him some weapons he will flop.

SBK
04-26-2009, 03:28 PM
If Cassel flops and Sanchez turns into a stud Pioli will be the one to take the hit.

KCrockaholic
Herm's future rode on Brodie, to an extent. 3rd rounder.
DV's on Green. 1st rounder.
Gunther's on Grbac. Okay not really. Marty and Carl's baby.

If Cassel flops is Haley's butt out the door?

Just wanted to let it be known that Grbac wasnt Marty's baby. Carl can have that label all to himself.

PastorMikH
If Cassel flops, Thiggy will save Hally's tail.

:thumb:

htismaqe
Lets hope...

If Cassel cant deliver playoff wins by year 2 or 3, then they all should be out the door. No need to sit around and circle jerk for 20 years....

Cassel has alot of pressure, he has to produce at a pro bowl level and win now or he is going to be one of the biggest trade blunders in recent memory..

Maybe to Chiefs fans. But he'll never be the biggest trade blunder for even THIS OFFSEASON.

He gets the benefit of being overshadowed by the impending implosion in Chicago.

The Bad Guy
04-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Lets hope...

Your criteria for year one is a complete joke. Cassel has to play at a Pro Bowl level or this trade is a huge blunder this year?

Was the Trent Green trade a blunder after year one?

Some of you fuckers act like we gave up 2 1's. It was a 2nd round pick. The Broncos just threw out a 1 next year to take a corner.

LaChapelle
04-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Just wanted to let it be known that Grbac wasnt Marty's baby. Carl can have that label all to himself.

Baby is the most important part of that bolded quote :)

Basileus777
Maybe to Chiefs fans. But he'll never be the biggest trade blunder for even THIS OFFSEASON.

He gets the benefit of being overshadowed by the impending implosion in Chicago.

Denver also traded a likely top 10 pick for a 5 foot 9 CB at #37. I don't think Pioli/Haley can do anything to outshine the train of fuckups going on in Denver.

DeezNutz
Couldnt careless...

The guy better produce... We passed the opportunity for a franchise QB this year, we have to wait until 2011 to have another shot at one...

Yes he better ****ing elevate everyones game around him and lead this team to playoff wins.

Sure, but this is no different than any host of decisions that an organization makes.

It just so happens that we're speaking about the most important position on the field and a couple of high-profile names.

The Haley hire, though, could be as equally detrimental as selecting the wrong QB. If he's Herm II, we're in trouble, regardless of talent on the roster.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Your criteria for year one is a complete joke. Cassel has to play at a Pro Bowl level or this trade is a huge blunder this year?

Some of you ****ers act like we gave up 2 1's. It was a 2nd round pick. The Broncos just threw out a 1 next year to take a corner.

It'll be interesting if and when the Chiefs go 9-7 next year and Cassel has a QBR around 80...

kysirsoze
04-26-2009, 03:32 PM
I think this new head office is going to be extended more leeway than most, considering the state of the team when they took over.

RealSNR
04-26-2009, 03:32 PM
ROFL

Are you leading that charge now that Jesus Curry isnt coming here?Are you kidding me? Did you see how he puts the team on his shoulders? It's something a Kansas City QB has never had. Not even Dawson. We need to take him to change the attitude of this team.

JuicesFlowing
04-26-2009, 03:36 PM

Fuck that.

el borracho
04-26-2009, 03:36 PM
I would think that will depend on how quick management is to diagnose and correct the problem and also on Sanchez' success.

Reerun_KC
04-26-2009, 03:37 PM

Some of you ****ers act like we gave up 2 1's. It was a 2nd round pick. The Broncos just threw out a 1 next year to take a corner.

My criteria is that Cassel better come in and elevate the guys around him. Yes we gave up a 2nd round pick for a 7th round draft choice.

I have high expectations for him and expect him to deliver on the hype. I honestly dont care if you think it is a joke or not.

PastorMikH
04-26-2009, 03:38 PM

Looking back, he probably wouldn't even be the biggest blunder this season BY THIS TEAM.

If Cassell suffers that badly, it's going to make the Gonzo trade appear like a huge mistake since Gonzo was our best receiver by far.

Mr. Krab
04-26-2009, 03:38 PM
I would think that Pioli shoulders most of the blame if Cassel is a bust because he traded for him from his old team. Of course Haley will be blamed for the entire success of the offense with includes Cassel. If Cassel is getting sacked every other play it will reflect more on Haley.

Reerun_KC
04-26-2009, 03:39 PM
It'll be interesting if and when the Chiefs go 9-7 next year and Cassel has a QBR around 80...

I might be interesting, then again it might not. Depends on how he leads this team and makes guys like DBowe and others better.

Reerun_KC
04-26-2009, 03:41 PM
I would think that will depend on how quick management is to diagnose and correct the problem and also on Sanchez' success.

Well were screwed to Cassel for the next 2 years regardless... What? We going to put Thigpen back on the field? ROFL WTF ever! Laughable at best...

We have zero depth behind Cassel, which is a serious issue for this team going forward.

I would love to have someone on the bench that has promise and possibly could be developing or be the QB we have so despartely waited over 20 years for...

LaChapelle
04-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Maybe Nick "Assclown" Athan was right all along. Pioli wanted Shanahan, and wants Haley to fail. The Rat in '10.

The Bad Guy
04-26-2009, 03:46 PM
My criteria is that Cassel better come in and elevate the guys around him. Yes we gave up a 2nd round pick for a 7th round draft choice.

I have high expectations for him and expect him to deliver on the hype. I honestly dont care if you think it is a joke or not.

Where Cassel was drafted is irrelevelent.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 03:54 PM
I might be interesting, then again it might not. Depends on how he leads this team and makes guys like DBowe and others better.

So if they improve by 7 games and he posts an 80 QBR that's NOT good enough?

Jesus dude, you need to start taking tranquilizers or something.

el borracho
04-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Well were screwed to Cassel for the next 2 years regardless... What? We going to put Thigpen back on the field? ROFL WTF ever! Laughable at best...

We have zero depth behind Cassel, which is a serious issue for this team going forward.

I would love to have someone on the bench that has promise and possibly could be developing or be the QB we have so despartely waited over 20 years for...

I'm not even sure what you are trying to say here. I certainly wasn't implying that we return to Thigpen. Only that mistakes tend to be more quickly forgiven if there is a solution ready. Obviously, this year there won't be any legit alternative. But that doesn't mean there won't be a legit alternative next year.

Oh, I guess I'm operating on the premise that, no matter the on-field results in 2009, nobody gets crucified. I don't think most reasonable people expect too much in 2009.

ct
04-26-2009, 04:10 PM

Why? We traded a high 2nd for Pat Surtain, and I've never heard anyone call it the biggerst trade blunder in recent memory.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Why? We traded a high 2nd for Pat Surtain, and I've never heard anyone call it the biggerst trade blunder in recent memory.

QB is way more important than CB but there are mitigating factors the way numerous things break will play into how it's viewed.

Deberg_1990
04-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Cassel wont flop. Hes already proven he can play and win.

Can he be a "franchise QB" and win consistantly in the playoffs?? Thats the key.

Lex Luthors
04-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Yes we gave up a 2nd round pick for a 7th round draft choice.

Once a guy has been in the league for a couple of years, it doesn't matter what round he was drafted in.

Jared Allen was a fourth round draft choice. By your logic, Carl Peterson is a f*cking genius because he traded a fourth-rounder for a first-rounder and two third-rounders.

Reerun_KC
04-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Cassel wont flop. Hes already proven he can play and win.

Can he be a "franchise QB" and win consistantly in the playoffs?? Thats the key.

When did he prove he can play without Belicheck, Moss, Welker and the rest of the NE supporting cast?

Just curious?

Reerun_KC
04-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Once a guy has been in the league for a couple of years, it doesn't matter what round he was drafted in.

Jared Allen was a fourth round draft choice. By your logic, Carl Peterson is a f*cking genius because he traded a fourth-rounder for a first-rounder and two third-rounders.

You epic failed when you rebuttle with Carl Peterson...

Sorry son...

Reerun_KC
04-26-2009, 06:13 PM
So if they improve by 7 games and he posts an 80 QBR that's NOT good enough?

Jesus dude, you need to start taking tranquilizers or something.

:spock: Not following you here? I think your getting strung to tight here...

Relax big fella, your going to break down on us again..

the Talking Can
04-26-2009, 06:14 PM
if we're skating around 7-9 to 9-7 after 3 years, both Haley and Cassel will be in trouble....

Reerun_KC
04-26-2009, 06:15 PM
if we're skating around 7-9 to 9-7 after 3 years, both Haley and Cassel will be in trouble....

Not if Cassel is sitting with an 80 QBR we wont....

the Talking Can
04-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Not if Cassel is sitting with an 80 QBR we wont....

yes he will....if he can't get us over the hump in 3 years, a mid 80's rating isn't going to matter much....

he has to elevate this team....that's part of the deal with good QBs

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 06:19 PM
You wil never, never, never, NEVER convince me that Haley was as giddy for Cassel as Pioli.

Nope. Never.

the Talking Can
04-26-2009, 06:21 PM
You wil never, never, never, NEVER convince me that Haley was as giddy for Cassel as Pioli.

Nope. Never.

nobody cares what you think

so win win

Reerun_KC
04-26-2009, 06:22 PM
yes he will....if he can't get us over the hump in 3 years, a mid 80's rating isn't going to matter much....

he has to elevate this team....that's part of the deal with good QBs

I agree TTC, Cassel has to make this team better, We are putting all of our eggs in his basket...

Cassel will make or break this team over the next 3 years... Lets just hope he can live up to the hype and reproduce by turning guys like DBowe into Moss...

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 06:31 PM
nobody cares what you think

so win win

And once again; fuck you and the Cassel Kool-Aid wagon you rode in on.

Mmm, yes; just like that!

the Talking Can
04-26-2009, 06:35 PM
And once again; **** you and the Cassel Kool-Aid wagon you rode in on.

Mmm, yes; just like that!

what's it like to be so tiny and stupid?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2009, 06:38 PM

90% of these cock gobblers would be like a hog in shit if we were in that position.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 06:39 PM
what's it like to be so tiny and stupid?

What's it like to pretend that your Quarterback is coveted outside of Denver?

the Talking Can
04-26-2009, 06:39 PM
90% of these cock gobblers would be like a hog in shit if we were in that position.

i don't really understand the constant need for dramatics

it's been a long draft...aren't you tired of this shtick yet?

the Talking Can
04-26-2009, 06:40 PM
What's it like to pretend that your Quarterback is coveted outside of Denver?

ROFL

you fail at even basic intertube smack.....

MadMax
04-26-2009, 06:42 PM
When did he prove he can play without Belicheck, Moss, Welker and the rest of the NE supporting cast?

Just curious?

He's apparently already been anointed here. :rolleyes:

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 06:47 PM
ROFL

you fail at even basic intertube smack.....

Yet I never fail at pushing the buttons of the Mighty Hermlip Talking Douche-Can.

Here, have some Jesus Berry Kool-Aid; you feel better.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/KOOLAID.png

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 06:53 PM
:spock: Not following you here? I think your getting strung to tight here...

Relax big fella, your going to break down on us again..

I'm not wound up at all.

I just think you're setting the bar ridiculously high.

We haven't won a playoff game in over FIFTEEN YEARS. We haven't had a true franchise QB in almost FORTY.

No, Cassel isn't a draftee. But he COULD be the franchise guy we've been wanting all along. BABY STEPS, my friend. Baby steps.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 06:55 PM

Just curious?

The thing is you can't prove a negative. He hasn't PROVEN that he CAN'T play.

He's only proven that he CAN play with a talented team and great coach.

SBK
04-26-2009, 06:57 PM
The Talking Can was one of the biggest Stafford guys on this board all year long, now he's a Cassel cock gobbler? What happened?

OnTheWarpath15
04-26-2009, 07:00 PM
The Talking Can was one of the biggest Stafford guys on this board all year long, now he's a Cassel cock gobbler? What happened?

No different than all the Curry Disciples that quickly forgot about him the moment we took a goddamn 5 technique with the 3rd overall pick.

Pioli picked him, therefore, he must be great.

That, and people just don't have the spine to stand by their convictions.

the Talking Can
04-26-2009, 07:03 PM

jesus christ, have you people lost your fucking minds?

i've said repeatedly that I'm not sold on Cassel....but it happened and their is nothing i can do about it....

wtf is with everyone acting like bleeding vags?

are we in a 6th grade cafeteria?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2009, 07:03 PM
i don't really understand the constant need for dramatics

it's been a long draft...aren't you tired of this shtick yet?
Says one of the progenitors of the True Fan tag. That's fucking hilariously ironic.

the Talking Can
04-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Says one of the progenitors of the True Fan tag. That's ****ing hilariously ironic.

so the answer is no....awesome...

Mecca
04-26-2009, 07:06 PM
No different than all the Curry Disciples that quickly forgot about him the moment we took a goddamn 5 technique with the 3rd overall pick.

I still stand by what I said, Sanchez will be a top notch QB, Cassel will never be more than a middle tier QB.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 07:06 PM

Some of us have realized all along that there's a CHANCE Cassel could be a franchise guy. Most of us would have PREFERRED to go with Stafford and/or Sanchez, but all of us realize that there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

And some of us aren't going to let it completely ruin something that is supposed to be an ESCAPE.

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 07:09 PM
I know there are other examples, so can someone help me out with this:

Who is the last QB prospect that has been so widely sucked off by all the ex-NFL players?

Dilfer, Jackson, Carter, etc. The MFers were loving on Sanchez for weeks, and a shit ton over the weekend. Going to be a bitter pill to swallow if Pioli is wrong in his evaluation of the QB situation this off-season.

Iowanian
04-26-2009, 07:09 PM
I don't really think so at all.

Cassel and Vrabel are 2 Chiefs 2nd round draft picks. Neither of the top rookies drafted today are sure things, regardless of what anyone says.

I think they'll be more fairly judged by the whole of their moves. With this being an uncapped year, we'll see an influx of veterans that are cut that wouldn't have been due to salary cap implications.

I think the Chiefs roster is still yet to change quite a bit prior to August.

Hell, a pretty good LB was put on the market just today.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-26-2009, 07:12 PM
If Cassel flops everyones butt is out the door and this offseason is a major blunder.

Pioli won't be replaced if Cassel flops.

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 07:14 PM

If Cassel flops, Pioli and co. better hope like hell Sanchez does, too. And I don't want to hear any bullshit about these situations being mutually exclusive because they're not.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 07:16 PM

They better pray to God Mark Sanchez doesn't become a star...

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 07:16 PM

I disagree.

It's very possible that both Pioli AND Haley are irrevocably linked to the Cassel trade.

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 07:18 PM
If Cassel flops, Pioli and co. better hope like hell Sanchez does, too. And I don't want to hear any bullshit about these situations being mutually exclusive because they're not.

Another DeezNutz fluffer...

OnTheWarpath15
04-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Some of us have realized all along that there's a CHANCE Cassel could be a franchise guy. Most of us would have PREFERRED to go with Stafford and/or Sanchez, but all of us realize that there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

And some of us aren't going to let it completely ruin something that is supposed to be an ESCAPE.

Parker, you know where I stand on this.

Of course there's a chance that Cassel becomes a franchise guy. But you'd have to honestly be either the most ardent homer on earth, not know what your looking at, or just flat-out be afraid to spend a high draft pick on a QB to think that Cassel represents a BETTER chance of being a franchise QB than Sanchez.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

I hope like hell I'm 110% dead wrong on this, and I'll be more than happy to eat all the crow that y'all can serve me the day Matt Cassel puts this team on his back and wins a championship like a franchise QB is expected to do.

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Clark's #1 goal has been to get a franchise QB so I say all their butts are on the line with Cassel.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-26-2009, 07:21 PM
I disagree.

It's very possible that both Pioli AND Haley are irrevocably linked to the Cassel trade.

Sure, they will be linked, but Pioli won't loose his job. No single mistake will cause his termination.

It will be based on his entire body of work.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 07:22 PM
This weekend no QB looked more the part of a franchise QB than Sanchez did...he has the it factor the one people talked about with Matt Ryan.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-26-2009, 07:24 PM

No Worries. He couldn't perform under the pressure of the combine, much less in New York.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Yea he really sucked out there performing under the pressure of being the QB of the football team in Los Angeles at USC he doesn't know pressure.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-26-2009, 07:27 PM
This weekend no QB looked more the part of a franchise QB than Sanchez did...he has the it factor the one people talked about with Matt Ryan.

Yeah, other than the size, arm and talent, Sanchez is just like Ryan. Oh, and Ryan is smarter.... but Sanchez has that 'it' factor.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Not this shit again.

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 07:28 PM
No Worries. He couldn't perform under the pressure of the combine, much less in New York.

Weren't you also saying that there was no way he was a top 10, let alone top 5, QB?

Mecca
04-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Weren't you also saying that there was no way he was a top 10, let alone top 5, QB?

Yea and he's a rapist and doesn't listen to his coach and yadda yadda...I think Mark Sanchez stuck a broom up his ass or something.

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Yea and he's a rapist and doesn't listen to his coach and yadda yadda...I think Mark Sanchez stuck a broom up his ass or something.

There's no way that NY will be able to sign him, though, since his brother is one of his agents.

Red flag...

Mecca
04-26-2009, 07:32 PM
There's no way that NY will be able to sign him, though, since his brother is one of his agents.

Red flag...

They did such a shitty job handling him going into the draft process it really sunk his stock man.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Yea he really sucked out there performing under the pressure of being the QB of the football team in Los Angeles at USC he doesn't know pressure.

Nope. He had a defense to keep the pressure off him and an offensive line that kept him from facing much pressure, and competition that was inferior.

I hope for your sake that Hali sucks and Sanchez shines, because with as 'sure' you are of each, you will look pretty silly if they don't happen the way you 'know' they will.

I like giving you sh!t about Sanchez. I think he will be a decent QB, but nothing special. No more special than Cassel.

But, man, with as much as you don't tolerate other opinions, it will be funny if/when you are wrong.

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 07:33 PM
They did such a shitty job handling him going into the draft process it really sunk his stock man.

It's also become apparent why Pete C. was lobbying to have him return to school. Terrible, terrible decision that Mark made.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Is it time for Jets Football yet?

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 07:36 PM
I want the Chiefs to win, I'd just like to watch something actually exciting while they're doing it.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-26-2009, 07:37 PM

Yeah, I think I said that. I think my biggest point was that he wouldn't have been a top ten in most drafts.

Would Tyson Jackson be the #3 pick in most drafts? Would Adam Curry warrant the 4th pick in most drafts?

No. Sanchez benefited from a weak class. Good for him.

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 07:39 PM
No. Sanchez benefited from a weak class. Good for him.

We'll agree to disagree, then.

Every single former pro who was working as an analyst this weekend (ESPN) was slobbering all over the guy.

This would have been the case every single year.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-26-2009, 07:40 PM

I am not talking about his off field stuff at all. Luckily he had a nice controlled pro day to overcome his pathetic combine workout.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-26-2009, 07:41 PM
It's also become apparent why Pete C. was lobbying to have him return to school. Terrible, terrible decision that Mark made.

You do realize that Carroll wasn't worried about where he was drafted, but rather, what he actually accomplished when he got to the NFL.

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 07:43 PM
You do realize that Carroll wasn't worried about where he was drafted, but rather, what he actually accomplished when he got to the NFL.

Uh...a lot of the initial "reports" that many on here were quoting was that the draft advisory committee was giving Sanchez a second-round grade.

This crap was parroted numerous times on this board. And one of the reasons that Carroll was making the recommendation was that he thought Sanchez had the possibility to go #1 overall next year.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-26-2009, 07:44 PM
We'll agree to disagree, then.

Every single former pro who was working as an analyst this weekend (ESPN) was slobbering all over the guy.

This would have been the case every single year.

BS. First, they talk highly of just about every prospect. They also play up the top talent. This is still 'entertainment'.

If Stafford and Sanchez had stayed in school, they would be singing the praises of Josh Freeman.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Uh...a lot of the initial "reports" that many on here were quoting was that the draft advisory committee was giving Sanchez a second-round grade.

This crap was parroted numerous times on this board. And one of the reasons that Carroll was making the recommendation was that he thought Sanchez had the possibility to go #1 overall next year.

No, Carroll talked to Sanchez about his lack of experience and the success rate of QB's that are drafted as underclassmen. That 60% of them bust, and that they have much more experience than Sancez.

It was never about where he would drafted.

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 07:45 PM
BS. First, they talk highly of just about every prospect. They also play up the top talent. This is still 'entertainment'.

If Stafford and Sanchez had stayed in school, they would be singing the praises of Josh Freeman.

No fucking way. No. Fucking. Way.

Sanchez is a top prospect in any year.

No argument about the entertainment aspect, but this does not undercut the kid's talent.

DeezNutz
04-26-2009, 07:46 PM
No, Carroll talked to Sanchez about his lack of experience and the success rate of QB's that are drafted as underclassmen. That 60% of them bust, and that they have much more experience than Sancez.

It was never about where he would drafted.

The draft was part of it. Yes, it absolutely was.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-26-2009, 07:56 PM
The draft was part of it. Yes, it absolutely was.

Okay, I give.

I shouldn't have even went this way with this thread.

The reality is that IF Sanchez becomes a star, and IF Cassel bombs, and IF the Chiefs aren't winning... then he will look poorly for this offseason.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Of course there's a chance that Cassel becomes a franchise guy. But you'd have to honestly be either the most ardent homer on earth, not know what your looking at, or just flat-out be afraid to spend a high draft pick on a QB to think that Cassel represents a BETTER chance of being a franchise QB than Sanchez.

I don't think Cassel has a better chance, but he has a chance and that's ALL we have at this point. I watch football for fun. If I wanted to be pissed off all the time, I'd stay at my office and never come home.

I hope like hell I'm 110% dead wrong on this, and I'll be more than happy to eat all the crow that y'all can serve me the day Matt Cassel puts this team on his back and wins a championship like a franchise QB is expected to do.

I understand. It will certainly be interesting. Sanchez certainly has as much of an uphill battle as Cassel - neither the Chiefs nor the Jets have great histories when it comes to playoff wins and getting to the Super Bowl.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Sure, they will be linked, but Pioli won't loose his job. No single mistake will cause his termination.

It will be based on his entire body of work.

Cassel's 26 years old. Cassel's tenure here will be his entire body of work. Unless you think he's gonna get two fucking decades like Carl, and I can tell you that ain't happening.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 08:08 PM
I understand. It will certainly be interesting. Sanchez certainly has as much of an uphill battle as Cassel - neither the Chiefs nor the Jets have great histories when it comes to playoff wins and getting to the Super Bowl.

I take this back. Sanchez has a bigger uphill battle.

Every time they talk about him on NFLN, they talk about how enamored Brian Schottenheimer is. I know if he was my QB I would want him in the hands of Brian Schottenheimer.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Yea they'll just talk up any QB I remember Tony Banks and Jim Drunkenmiller being slobbered over and being pushed into the top 5 because they were the only QB's in their classes...oh shit...wait...