PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Has anyone checked out just general draft site boards reactions to picks?

Mecca
04-27-2009, 12:30 AM
The Tyson Jackson ones are pretty...unfriendly lets just say pretty much anyone who's not a Chiefs fan laughed his ass off.

RippedmyFlesh
04-27-2009, 12:49 AM
I was looking at a pats forum ,which is a great forum am still looking for their draft reactions but found this gem
"What a doofus Gonzales is. He finally gets a great GM and a decent coach, and a good QB, and he jumps ship. He better hope the Falcons weren't a one-year wonder."

Mecca
04-27-2009, 01:04 AM
I found this..

Tyson Jackson=Epic Fail

veist
04-27-2009, 01:05 AM
The Tyson Jackson ones are pretty...unfriendly lets just say pretty much anyone who's not a Chiefs fan laughed his ass off.

Of course, how much is that just them think we're crazy for passing on Jesus because ESPN has been telling them how good Jesus is for the last couple months?

Mecca
04-27-2009, 01:07 AM
Of course, how much is that just them think we're crazy for passing on Jesus because ESPN has been telling them how good Jesus is for the last couple months?

Actually there isn't much of that alot of them say Curry isn't worth it either.

There are alot of posts that talk about the arrogance of guys from the Patriots though...

Mecca
04-27-2009, 01:11 AM
This might be the best one I've encountered...

2:35: The Chiefs just signed Tyler Thigpen I mean Matt Cassel to a 6-year deal with $36 million guaranteed. Cassel will use half that money to purchase a bionic arm to upgrade his girly arm strength. He'll spend the other half on coaching to help him, you know, actually play under center.

BigRock
04-27-2009, 01:21 AM
OH

An aside on the Chiefs: they are building up that DL. 2 DEs in this draft. Good draft for them if you count Cassel.

If you read ChiefsPlanet they are this close to jumping off the highest bridge in Missouri.

Kind of like many Pats fans did (myself included) back in 2001...

They're nuts.

Wilson
04-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Good Lord, are you bitching like some high school girl who didn't get asked to the prom by the guy she wanted to hold her hand?

Here's some advice:

1. Get something going in your life so people who have no fucking clue you exist (ie. Sanchez, Pioli, etc) don't play such an important role in your life

2. Move out of your Mom's basement and get a job. Maybe you and GoChiefs can become room mates.

3. Get a fucking hair cut - you're not a biker and you're not James Hetfield.

Shut the fuck up and quit bitching you pathetic human being.

Mecca
04-27-2009, 01:22 AM
Good Lord, are you bitching like some high school girl who didn't get asked to the prom by the guy she wanted to hold her hand?

Here's some advice:

1. Get something going in your life so people who have no fucking clue you exist (ie. Sanchez, Pioli, etc) don't play such an important role in your life

2. Move out of your Mom's basement and get a job. Maybe you and GoChiefs can become room mates.

3. Get a fucking hair cut - you're not a biker and you're not James Hetfield.

Shut the fuck up and quit bitching you pathetic human being.

Fuck off, don't like my thread don't open it.

Mecca
04-27-2009, 01:24 AM
Watch this Walterfootball...

4:26: With the 3rd Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU . Scott Pioli proving once again that he has no idea what he's doing. Way to take a lesser player over the top defensive player in the draft.

3. Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
Neither 3-4 end or linebacker offer much in terms of positional value. So, the Chiefs had to take the best defensive player on the board. Instead of Aaron Curry, the consensus No. 1 defensive player, they drafted Tyson Jackson, a much lesser prospect in terms of overall talent. This is yet another instance where Scott Pioli proves that he has absolutely no clue. Trading for a system quarterback with no arm strength should have been a sign that he'd mess up this pick. (Pick Grade: D)

Wilson
04-27-2009, 01:30 AM
**** off, don't like my thread don't open it.

You haven't shut the fuck up for two days.

"WHAAAAA, I didn't get my way!!!!!

The guy who helped build a dynasty, has a job, is married, owns his own house, actually played football and has 4 Super Bowl rings didn't take my gay man crush QB".

:deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::dee vee::deevee::deevee:

Get a life you fucking fat pimple on the ass of humanity and progress and shut the fuck up.

Mecca
04-27-2009, 01:36 AM
It's good to see Wilson has turned into Hootie we can always use posters like that.

It's also good to see that Scott Pioli completely zapped away 75% of the forums reasoning skills so they just buy whatever. He could hand you a pile of shit and you'd dig in like it was steak it's absurd.

Just change the forum name we are no longer the Lounge, this is Communist Pioli Planet

ChiefRon
04-27-2009, 01:44 AM
It's good to see Wilson has turned into Hootie we can always use posters like that.

It's also good to see that Scott Pioli completely zapped away 75% of the forums reasoning skills so they just buy whatever. He could hand you a pile of shit and you'd dig in like it was steak it's absurd.

Just change the forum name we are no longer the Lounge, this is Communist Pioli Planet

ROFL

Ok now that's just funny.

Mecca
04-27-2009, 01:45 AM
ROFL

Ok now that's just funny.

Seriously I just thought we could laugh at some of the funny stuff said on draft boards and here we go again.

This is why I will never go to a Chiefsplanet get together if someone started going off on me like that like they do here they'd leave without their teeth.

ChiefRon
04-27-2009, 01:49 AM
I'm all for open debate, it's why I come here...

Whether I think we did good or bad I'm interested in others' opinions.

But lately, it's mostly insults and "how dare you question our new god GM, didn't you know he's the best in the NFL?"

Time will tell.

NE is damn good because they have a damn good coaching staff. That's what turns "meh" drafts into "I guess they knew what they were doing"

The question for us is how good is our coaching staff?

Mecca
04-27-2009, 01:50 AM
I'm all for open debate, it's why I come here...

Whether I think we did good or bad I'm interested in others' opinions.

But lately, it's mostly insults and "how dare you question our new god GM, didn't you know he's the best in the NFL?"

Time will tell.

NE is damn good because they have a damn good coaching staff. That's what turns "meh" drafts into "I guess they knew what they were doing"

The question for us is how good is our coaching staff?

We just gave Tim Krumrie another guy to coach, I'm pumped about that I tell ya.

ChiefRon
04-27-2009, 01:52 AM
We just gave Tim Krumrie another guy to coach, I'm pumped about that I tell ya.

We used more high picks for him. Wonder how they did with that hand-slap test, guess they passed huh?

Mecca
04-27-2009, 01:54 AM
We used more high picks for him. Wonder how they did with that hand-slap test, guess they passed huh?

This offseason is really turning into a downer for me, our defensive coaching staff is bad, our draft looks eh, and I think we just pretty much decided to let Matt Cassel suck.

Fun eh?

ChiefRon
04-27-2009, 01:56 AM
This offseason is really turning into a downer for me, our defensive coaching staff is bad, our draft looks eh, and I think we just pretty much decided to let Matt Cassel suck.

Fun eh?

Too bad, cause I was stoked to land Pioli, even though I thought it took too long.

But hey, who are we to second-guess the unquestionable?

TinyEvel
04-27-2009, 01:57 AM
This is why I will never go to a Chiefsplanet get together if someone started going off on me like that like they do here they'd leave without their teeth.

That's why you had better just remain behind the safety of the internets. With that attitude you might not want to show up at the real in-person functions.

Mecca
04-27-2009, 01:58 AM
That's why you had better just remain behind the safety of the internets. With that attitude you might not want to show up at the real in-person functions.

Look man I'm about as even keel as they come but no one is going to come up to me and start dropping fuck you and fuck this and you're this and you're that.

ChiefRon
04-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Funny, I don't get into fights when I go to the games...and most fans don't seem like assholes picking a fight either.

Mecca
04-27-2009, 01:59 AM
Too bad, cause I was stoked to land Pioli, even though I thought it took too long.

But hey, who are we to second-guess the unquestionable?

LOL if we can't second guess or have opinions I wonder why we have a forum? That's why I really don't get this whole don't question anything attitude.

Mecca
04-27-2009, 02:00 AM
Funny, I don't get into fights when I go to the games...and most fans don't seem like assholes picking a fight either.

I haven't been in a fight in years because reasonable people wouldn't speak like I was spoken to in this thread or honestly on this board in general today.

ChiefRon
04-27-2009, 02:03 AM
LOL if we can't second guess or have opinions I wonder why we have a forum? That's why I really don't get this whole don't question anything attitude.

Exactly, I enjoy debate, it helps me learn more sometimes, but I can do w/o 90% of the posts cuz it's the same old shit that doesn't add anything...

For instance, that thread about our draft being good actually had some nice points...I just didn't see it that way myself.

Mecca
04-27-2009, 02:05 AM
Exactly, I enjoy debate, it helps me learn more sometimes, but I can do w/o 90% of the posts cuz it's the same old shit that doesn't add anything...

For instance, that thread about our draft being good actually had some nice points...I just didn't see it that way myself.

I just intended this thread to be funny, reaction from other places is usually pretty funny either way, well unless people are lacking a sense of humor.

But I forgot anything I say or do is automatically negative so I get a nice swearing response.

beavis
04-27-2009, 02:22 AM
That sucks, I'd much rather a bunch of draft board morons approve of our picks.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2009, 02:23 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TfqdaAGqmSk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TfqdaAGqmSk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wilson
04-27-2009, 02:28 AM
Seriously I just thought we could laugh at some of the funny stuff said on draft boards and here we go again.

It has nothing to do with the new GM being beyond reproach. It has everything with you whining and bitching for for 3 days straight because you didn't get your way like a spoiled 13-year-old girl.

You'll have to excuse me if I doubt your ability to knock my teeth out.

A 20 something year old guy who can't motivate himself to move out of his parents or find a job and spends every waking moment on the internet doesn't strike me as someone who's been able to self-discipline himself to hit the gym and become a force to be reckoned with.

Stay behind your keyboard where you belong and whine like a school girl about people who wouldn't know if you were alive or dead.

Mecca
04-27-2009, 02:30 AM
I love personal pissing matches they make my day, why don't we just make the entire forum about me, since that's pretty much what everything turns into when I post.

veist
04-27-2009, 02:52 AM
Actually there isn't much of that alot of them say Curry isn't worth it either.

There are alot of posts that talk about the arrogance of guys from the Patriots though...

I'm surprised, I guess since the great and powerful Pioli felt that Jesus wasn't worth it they could just slam the pick itself for not being sexy or whatever? I'm pretty sure had we drafted Jesus we'd have been getting slammed by the same folks for taking terrible value on an ILB at #3 and not trading down for pennies on the dollar. I was sure of two things for a long while one we weren't drafting Curry and two whoever we did draft people were probably going to be like "Why?" because it just wasn't going to be a sexy pick in the minds of the commatard draftniks. There weren't a ton of sexy picks to make that were actually good picks and Cassel pretty much eliminated the one we could have going into this year.

Mecca
04-27-2009, 02:59 AM
If people think I'm harsh...check these remarks.

2:35: The Chiefs just signed Tyler Thigpen Matt Cassel to a 6-year deal with $36 million guaranteed. Cassel will use half that money to purchase a bionic arm to upgrade his girly arm strength. He'll spend the other half on coaching to help him, you know, actually play under center.

3:48: NBC reports that the Chiefs and Matt Cassel haven't agreed to an extension. Poor Cassel. He'll have to wait for his bionic arm.

4:26: With the 3rd Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU . Scott Pioli proving once again that he has no idea what he's doing. Way to take a lesser player over the top defensive player in the draft.

4:31: From ChicagoJay concerning the Jackson pick: ****ing morons are u ****ing kidding me are they trying to ****ing rob me of 350? i cant ****ing believe theyve done this have fun finished last in the worst division in football agian kansas u ****ing losers.

4:32: With the 4th Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest. And my mock draft is officially debacled. The writing was on the wall when Scott Pioli epically failed.

5:16: With the 9th Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select B.J. Raji, NT, Boston College. Pretty easy with Tyson Jackson off the board. We can all thank Scott Pioli for ruining what the 2009 NFL Draft was supposed to be.

5:21: With the 10th Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech. The 49ers should thank Scott Pioli and Al Davis for being incredibly stupid. Congrats, San Francisco fans! You just got one of the top players in the draft at No. 10!

5:41: With the 14th Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the New Orleans Saints select Malcolm Jenkins, FS, Ohio State. There's some sanity in this world! If Scott Pioli were making this pick, he may have taken Chase Daniel(s).

veist
04-27-2009, 03:06 AM
We epically failed to draft a LB #3 when they(walterfootball, which I'm guessing is the source this sounds familiar) have also covered how that been such a historically "great" place to be drafting LBers and we all know that ILBer is basically the best positional value evar. w2g walter

Mecca
04-27-2009, 03:08 AM
We epically failed to draft a LB #3 when they(walterfootball, which I'm guessing is the source this sounds familiar) have also covered how that been such a historically "great" place to be drafting LBers and we all know that ILBer is basically the best positional value evar. w2g walter

In his pick write ups he basically says, he feels neither one plays a valuable position so we proceeded to not only take a devalued position but the worse player in the process.

|Zach|
04-27-2009, 03:11 AM

I can't think of someone who would be less likely to actually "do" anything in real life. Like you would leave the house to hang out with people... :LOL:

Look at you...behind your keyboard talking about knocking people's teeth out.

It is adorable.

http://www.squishedfrog.com/images/comicbookguy.gif

|Zach|
04-27-2009, 03:12 AM
If people think I'm harsh...check these remarks.

Nobody thinks you are harsh.

Being a total douchebag isn't being harsh.

Mecca
04-27-2009, 03:18 AM
Oh boy, that was some brilliant insight I think you should only make a classic internet joke real original there.

I love it I don't like the Chiefs draft so I am personally attacked.

This forum is literally overrun with nothing but jackoffs, trolls, morons and general dumbassery.

Seriously Zach come in here and soil your pants to boost your morale I mean god forbid you actually have a fuckin football take.

I think you guys should just run off all the good football posters so the board can be nothing but a big circle jerk about how awesome everything is.

|Zach|
04-27-2009, 03:22 AM
Oh boy, that was some brilliant insight I think you should only make a classic internet joke real original there.

I love it I don't like the Chiefs draft so I am personally attacked.

This forum is literally overrun with nothing but jackoffs, trolls, morons and general dumbassery.

Seriously Zach come in here and soil your pants to boost your morale I mean god forbid you actually have a ****in football take.

I think you guys should just run off all the good football posters so the board can be nothing but a big circle jerk about how awesome everything is.

There you go, putting yourself up on the cross for posting football opinions that are usually fucking wrong.

Thanks for doing a good job keeping the good football posters here...talking like some guy that actually goes outside would knock someone's teeth out...

Like you could possibly pry yourself away from your busy football analysis and video game playing schedule to go outside. I am trying to find the difference between you and GoChiefs. I tried really hard the only thing I could come up with was that at times GoChiefs is funny.

|Zach|
04-27-2009, 03:24 AM
People don't get shit on for criticizing the Chiefs on this board. There are a million users that do it all the time and don't get huge reactions...

Why is that?

Maybe its because you are a total douchebag in the way you go about it. Which is fine Mecca...we live in a free country where you can be a keyboard draft expert and a keyboard tough guy trying to walk your baby nuts around this board. Just don't be surprised when people call you out time and again...

Mecca
04-27-2009, 03:24 AM
Yes because you are providing so much right now talking about me right?

I love how people have this attitude toward me when they don't even post football takes.

Mecca
04-27-2009, 03:25 AM
People don't get shit on for criticizing the Chiefs on this board. There are a million users that do it all the time and don't get huge reactions...

Why is that?

Maybe its because you are a total douchebag in the way you go about it. Which is fine Mecca...we live in a free country where you can be a keyboard draft expert and a keyboard tough guy trying to walk your baby nuts around this board. Just don't be surprised when people call you out time and again...

Yes I get called out with a personal attack that is really refuting my points on actual football right?

|Zach|
04-27-2009, 03:27 AM
Yes I get called out with a personal attack that is really refuting my points on actual football right?

I wasn't saying that it was. :spock:

|Zach|
04-27-2009, 03:28 AM
Yes because you are providing so much right now talking about me right?

I love how people have this attitude toward me when they don't even post football takes.

I post about football all the time...during football season. The actual game. Not all of this hyped up mostly bullshit magic ball draft crap.

Boring. I am about the actual game while you are busy stroking off to mock drafts.

Mecca
04-27-2009, 03:28 AM
Refute my point talk about my point not me lets see you do it.

|Zach|
04-27-2009, 03:30 AM
Refute my point talk about my point not me lets see you do it.

I don't give a shit about your point...didn't from the beginning. I don't give two shits about your laffy taffy analysis.

I am responding to you being surprised when people make threads about you and how much of a douchebag you are.

It really is quite simple...ive been quite clear. My main point is that you would never have the grapes to show up to an event with people let alone knock someone's teeth out. You are one of the most classic internet geeks I have ever seen.

veist
04-27-2009, 03:45 AM
In his pick write ups he basically says, he feels neither one plays a valuable position so we proceeded to not only take a devalued position but the worse player in the process.

So take the safe guy the lower ceiling but high floor, that worked out so well for us with Tamba Hali. I just find it funny that they went and wrote up a piece about how badly its been to drop a high pick on a LBer and then act like its a debtravesclety that we don't do it. Brilliant! But hey at least no matter what they can't make our pick seem worse than DHB.

veist
04-27-2009, 03:48 AM
I don't give a shit about your point...didn't from the beginning. I don't give two shits about your laffy taffy analysis.

I am responding to you being surprised when people make threads about you and how much of a douchebag you are.

It really is quite simple...ive been quite clear. My main point is that you would never have the grapes to show up to an event with people let alone knock someone's teeth out. You are one of the most classic internet geeks I have ever seen.

Yes, you clearly care so little that you've posted what like 5 times in this thread, you care nothing about this and are just composing your posts with your forehead. It all makes sense now!

|Zach|
04-27-2009, 03:52 AM
Yes, you clearly care so little that you've posted what like 5 times in this thread, you care nothing about this and are just composing your posts with your forehead. It all makes sense now!

Have you checked with Deberg about taking over the role of official Mecca apologist? All I am saying is that the guy is a little clingy so be wise as your move forward.

veist
04-27-2009, 04:05 AM
So I'm being a Mecca apologist on calling you out on your own bs comments? lol

Again you are the one that is claiming that you don't care after you come back for you fifth(more? too lazy to count) helping of Mecca's postings in this thread. You care so much you just keep coming back for more. Just own up to you like winding him up lol. Nothing wrong with that, just don't act like its not what you are doing.

kysirsoze
04-27-2009, 04:27 AM
**** off, don't like my thread don't open it.

Honestly, this applies to most internet tiffs that happen on this board. I find myself being an "apologist" for all kinds of posters (Mecca, RoR, etc.) not because I tend to agree with them, but because I think it's silly that people make villains out of other posters on here when they can just as easily move on. If you think a thread is funny, then read it and post in it. If you actually want to debate a topic, do that.

BTW, nothing is more pathetic than someone calling out someone else for being an internet geek on a message board. I mean for Christ's sake, we're all pretty geeky if we're posting here. That's like a CMSU student calling out his classmates for their ACT scores.:evil:

FringeNC
04-27-2009, 04:51 AM
How many times are we going to have the same discussion? Yes, Pioli did NOT follow the consensus, composite (whatever you want to call it) draft board. Had Peterson done that, I think the criticisms would have been valid. However, at this point, I'm not ready to say the Patriots are incompetent (because the Pats board and our board would have started off a few months ago the same).

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2009, 04:55 AM
I only read the first page, but somebody was bitching at Mecca again.

Yes, he's opinionated. Yes, he gets a little pissed off when the guy he wants isn't taken. At least he has an opinion that wasn't based off of Mel Kiper, Jr.'s board.

Everybody's getting pissed off at Mecca, but he has done his homework and has more knowledge about the players in the draft than 95% of the people on here. If you're going to disagree with him, at least say why.

MadMax
04-27-2009, 05:27 AM

Fun eh?

Sadly, the optimism I felt over getting rid of Peterson and Edwards is gone. The " rebuild " seems to be in total clusterfuck mode.. Awful hard for me to get excited about Matt Cassel as our " franchise " QB.. I guess it'll be more comedy gold on Sundays here at home..Good times ROFL

rad
04-27-2009, 06:07 AM

Yes, he's opinionated. Yes, he gets a little pissed off when the guy he wants isn't taken. At least he has an opinion that wasn't based off of Mel Kiper, Jr.'s board.

Everybody's getting pissed off at Mecca, but he has done his homework and has more knowledge about the players in the draft than 95% of the people on here. If you're going to disagree with him, at least say why.

I don't think that's entirely accurate....he may not be going by Kipers board, but he's just like the majority of "experts" that don't like our draft.

Everybody's board is different. I don't have a board because I don't follow college ball as closely as I'd like. I rely on information here and other places to meld it all together form an opinion. It seems that Mecca and his boys label us here as either Pioli worshippers, or Pioli haters. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground, which is where I am. If someone says give Pioli a chance, you are a Pioli worshipper. Makes no sense. I wasn't enamored with this draft, I wanted us to draft Sanchez, or Crabtree. But I don't feel the need to complain and post in a manner that makes it seem like everyone else is dumb.(that may be because I actually realize I don't know alot about football), but whatever. Rant over

SenselessChiefsFan
04-27-2009, 06:25 AM

Criticism is fine. But, you criticize EVERYTHING. And, with such absolutes. It is laugable.

You ask any GM in the NFL and they don't have half the confidence that you have in THEIR analysis. They are more humble than you.

And, what are you? Seriously. You are some hack holding court on a message board and attacking anyone who doesn't buy into the BS you are spewing.

Hey, I am not saying that I am some great football mind. If I were, I would have been much more successful. That said, I KNOW that my opinion, like anyone else's on a freaking fan MESSAGE BOARD circle jerk should be taken with a grain of salt. I have been right before, but I have been wrong as well.

I didn't like the Tyson Jackson pick, to be honest. I don't think the Chiefs had a good offer to trade down. And, I think he would have went to Cleveland if the Chiefs had traded down.

The point is that we know very little about what was offered, or what would have happened.

Other than fan message boards, I don't see a lot of places killing this draft. Oh, and me thinks that those fans aren't any smarter than the ones in here.... and there seems to be a lack of mensa members around here.

I know that the only ones that are objective are the ones constantly bashing the front office... but it would seem that they can't possibly do EVERYTHING wrong, can they?

SenselessChiefsFan
04-27-2009, 06:28 AM

To have knowlege of a player, you actually have to understand what you are looking at. In reading Mecca's posts, it is clear to me that it his knowlege of the game is at the very least, questionable.

Just because he thinks he has seen these guys, doesn't mean that he knows what he is looking at.

His analysis of Sanchez at the combine was pretty damning. Seriously. Either he can't be honest after he has publicly favored a guy, or he had no idea what he was looking at. Either way, his credibility takes a hit.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-27-2009, 06:29 AM

Me thinks it is more that you are worried about your own teeth.

okcchief
04-27-2009, 06:37 AM
I'm wait and see on this pick and I don't see how anyone could be completely thrilled with it. I will decide on their decisions when I see them on a field.

As far as Mecca goes he has a right to his opinion. He is pretty negative for the most part but I can see why when we are dealing with a team that has won so little the last few years. Plus, I don't think any of the decisions Pioli has made so far are slam dunk good decisions.

Hopefully, they know what the fuck they are doing because I don't want to be starting over AGAIN in a few years.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-27-2009, 06:48 AM

Fun eh?

Our defensive coordinator was just in the Super Bowl. Our defensive staff has yet to coach a single game. Man, are you ahead of the curve on condemning this group of guys. I am not excited about it, but I am willing to give them a chance before I bash them.

"Oh, and I think we just pretty much decided to let Matt Cassel suck."

I didn't know that the offseason was over and we were playing our first game tomorrow.

the Talking Can
04-27-2009, 06:55 AM
major gay thread

Sure-Oz
04-27-2009, 06:56 AM
I hope Tyson Jackson isn't Eric Hicks part 2

Gotta give the chance but i know he won't be worth #3 money

Sure-Oz
04-27-2009, 06:57 AM
All i gotta say if the last regime pulled this draft the whole board wouldve exploded for their heads and probably had a bounty on all their heads. Pioli has the benefit of the doubt because he is new, and thats all he has going right now. It seems like they picked guys just to show they dont care what we or experts think, they want to make sure they are smarter than us and will try to prove it by reaching for these no names or diff picks.

Demonpenz
04-27-2009, 07:00 AM
Jackson is going to be a solid player I only feel bad because I thought with the amount of suck we had going on last year, it would atleast give us a gamechanger in the draft, instead I will have to settle for a good player.

alanm
04-27-2009, 07:04 AM
What's done is done. The draft is over. The guys we picked are Chiefs now. Their our guys and I'll support them. And hope for the best.
It does absolutely no good to whine about what we should or didn't do now. We aren't employed by the Chiefs. Anyone who thinks they can do better I suggest they follow the link provided on Chiefs.com about employment opportunities.

SDChief
04-27-2009, 07:19 AM
I think Pioli would have loved to trade down and then pick this guy but NOBODY wanted to pick in that spot in this draft. Curry would have been a good pick, but if the backs and linemen are just tearing through the front three or four and getting right to the linebackers they are picking up 5-8 yards every down. We have all seen this for the last 4-6 years with the Chiefs D. Curry would have been fighting off guards and centers before he could make all those tackles. I think this is part of DJ's problem also. I think the previous regime even recognized this, but couldn't draft/sign the people to get it fixed. Pioli knows the d line getting fixed will be the first step in getting the d back to respectability... having 3 or 4 all pro LB's won't help until the D line can hold it's own. Hopefully this guy is the "Russel Maryland" we need. I didn't pump my fist when the pick was made for sure, but both of the d linemen we picked can move in and out side supposedly, so I'm interested to see how it plays out.

philfree
04-27-2009, 07:22 AM
Seeing how Pioli is starting off doing the same thing he did in NE when he first got there I see no reason for gloom. Not a sexy pick but an important one none the less since we are changing our D to the 3-4. Between Cassel and Jackson we got two starters in the first two picks. What's wrong with that?

PhilFree:arrow:

Coach
04-27-2009, 07:26 AM
I'm sure Pioli would had liked to trade down from the #3. Problem was that there wasn't anybody that wanted to take the 3rd. So, he didn't had much choice but to go ahead and make the selection. As far as I'm concerned, he's trying to build from the inside out.

Lex Luthors
04-27-2009, 07:41 AM
All i gotta say if the last regime pulled this draft the whole board wouldve exploded for their heads and probably had a bounty on all their heads. Pioli has the benefit of the doubt because he is new, and thats all he has going right now.

You're exactly right. That's because the last regime proved over the course of several years that they were clueless. Back to back records of 4-12 and 2-14 tend to do that.

Pioli has something else going for him. He came from an organization that knows what the f*ck it is doing. It's going to take some time to figure out whether or not Pioli knows what the f*ck he is doing. You might want to wait until the team he builds actually plays a game before you condemn him.

It seems like they picked guys just to show they dont care what we or experts think, they want to make sure they are smarter than us and will try to prove it by reaching for these no names or diff picks.
Um, I'm pretty sure that Pioli has no idea who the posters on Chiefsplanet wanted him to draft.

Sure-Oz
04-27-2009, 07:44 AM
You're exactly right. That's because the last regime proved over the course of several years that they were clueless. Back to back records of 4-12 and 2-14 tend to do that.

Pioli has something else going for him. He came from an organization that knows what the f*ck it is doing. It's going to take some time to figure out whether or not Pioli knows what the f*ck he is doing. You might want to wait until the team he builds actually plays a game before you condemn him.

Um, I'm pretty sure that Pioli has no idea who the posters on Chiefsplanet wanted him to draft.

I am in full support of Pioli for sure, i just scratched my head on some of these picks esp when there were higher rated guys out there to choose from. Jackson doesn't bother me, if we were able to trade down and get another pick or 2 and pick him between 10-15 i wouldnt have minded, but he isn't worth 3 money, but who knows he may prove me wrong.

I know it can be much worse, and im hoping he turns this ship around, it can't really get worse.

TheGuardian
04-27-2009, 08:01 AM
I hope Tyson Jackson isn't Eric Hicks part 2

Gotta give the chance but i know he won't be worth #3 money

Eric Hicks was a 240 pound end coming out of college who had to gain 40 pounds and was an UDFA. Does that sound anything like Tyson Jackson?