PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dan Patrick calls out ESPN.

htismaqe
04-27-2009, 09:59 AM
For anybody that listens to Dan Patrick (I do when I'm having 810 reception problems), he was all over the execs at ESPN this morning.

He and his guys were trying to do post-draft evaluations of the various mock drafters out there. They were discussing Don Banks and Peter King and then the discussion went south.

Apparently, one of Patrick's staff members couldn't find the final mocks for Todd McShay and Kiper on the website. They called ESPN and ESPN's answer was that the mocks WERE NOT AVAILABLE.

The official reason ESPN finally gave was that there were "too many trades" and thus the mocks weren't useful anymore.

Dan Patrick's contention (and I absolutely agree with him) was the the whole PURPOSE of doing mock drafts was to predict the picks AND the trades.

Pretty funny of ESPN to do something like this, though.

DTLB58
04-27-2009, 10:21 AM
For anybody that listens to Dan Patrick (I do when I'm having 810 reception problems), he was all over the execs at ESPN this morning.

He and his guys were trying to do post-draft evaluations of the various mock drafters out there. They were discussing Don Banks and Peter King and then the discussion went south.

Apparently, one of Patrick's staff members couldn't find the final mocks for Todd McShay and Kiper on the website. They called ESPN and ESPN's answer was that the mocks WERE NOT AVAILABLE.

The official reason ESPN finally gave was that there were "too many trades" and thus the mocks weren't useful anymore.

Dan Patrick's contention (and I absolutely agree with him) was the the whole PURPOSE of doing mock drafts was to predict the picks AND the trades.

Pretty funny of ESPN to do something like this, though.

Kiper always says he feels you can't predict trades so he dosen't allow for that in his mocks. (I don't know how you can't. I mean one trade and it really screws up the whole thing.)

Kiper updated his final mock again Saturday morning at the draft. (The last one was suppose to be Friday night, released on espn. McShay even made a comment about it something like, "your changing again Mel?"

Sounds like more and more people leave ESPN everyday.

Buehler445
04-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Buddy had ESPN on for awhile Sunday. I had to turn it off. It was horrid.
Posted via Mobile Device

EyePod
04-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Kiper always says he feels you can't predict trades so he dosen't allow for that in his mocks. (I don't know how you can't. I mean one trade and it really screws up the whole thing.)

Kiper updated his final mock again Saturday morning at the draft. (The last one was suppose to be Friday night, released on espn. McShay even made a comment about it something like, "your changing again Mel?"

I hated the entire draft because of ESPN. My service provider doesn't give NFL network, and when I stream things on the wireless, it kills the connection...

Frazod
04-27-2009, 10:44 AM
I switched between the two; frankly, neither group impressed me. And every time NFLN played that goddamn "dreamer" song I switched over. Whoever wrote and sang that monstrous fucking piece of shit needs to be spitted and slow roasted. Damn thing's stuck in my head now, too.

:cuss:

htismaqe
04-27-2009, 11:03 AM

I think it's pretty bush league of ESPN management to pull their mocks after the draft. As if their opinions are beyond reproach.