PDA

View Full Version : Misc Lazy Iraqi police get a Patton-like speech from an American soldier!!

Kylo Ren
04-27-2009, 02:51 PM
We need MORE of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1GrdTakvl8

This American lays it on the line and tells it like it is! This reminds me a little of Full Metal Jacket.

"pick up your guns, start marching south and kick some ass!"
"you act like a bunch of women!"

Kylo Ren
04-27-2009, 02:57 PM
I wish there was more of this video.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Wow. :clap:

max sleeper
04-27-2009, 02:59 PM
We need MORE of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1GrdTakvl8

This American lays it on the line and tells it like it is! This reminds me a little of Full Metal Jacket.

"pick up your guns, start marching south and kick some ass!"
"you act like a bunch of women!"

Hey Texas brush popper this is a football forum! Patton!? This is 2009! Take it to the DC forum. Go Chiefs!

seclark
04-27-2009, 02:59 PM
i wish you'd go f@ck yourself.
sec

DeezNutz
04-27-2009, 03:00 PM
"I have no problem kicking any one of your asses..."

MTG#10
04-27-2009, 03:01 PM
That was great.

Fish
04-27-2009, 03:06 PM
That doesn't seem like the most productive way to deal with the situation...

kchero
04-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Ive seen this before....they need a good ole a$$ chewing.

Baby Lee
04-27-2009, 03:12 PM
I somehow doubt that "I ain't fucking motherfucking joking, I'll fucking kick your motherfucking ass" gets a literal translation.

Kylo Ren
04-27-2009, 03:16 PM
That doesn't seem like the most productive way to deal with the situation... That's EXACTLY what we need. No more of this PC crap!

Kylo Ren
04-27-2009, 03:17 PM
I somehow doubt that "I ain't ****ing mother****ing joking, I'll ****ing kick your mother****ing ass" gets a literal translation. I kind of wondered that myself. :hmmm:

max sleeper
04-27-2009, 03:17 PM
i wish you'd go f@ck yourself.
sec

Patton JR is that you? Go Chiefs!

kepp
04-27-2009, 03:20 PM
I somehow doubt that "I ain't ****ing mother****ing joking, I'll ****ing kick your mother****ing ass" gets a literal translation.

I imagine it ended up being something about goats.

Kylo Ren
04-27-2009, 03:40 PM
What is your major malfunction Pvt. Pyle?!!!

Valiant
04-27-2009, 03:47 PM

Because the other strategy is working??

Donger
04-27-2009, 03:48 PM
This sort of behavior only creates more terrorists.

DeezNutz
04-27-2009, 03:52 PM

I agree.

Colonel Sherburn looked like he was in a lot of danger from that mob.

Nzoner
04-27-2009, 03:53 PM

yeah,his point could've been just as easily made over a nice cup of tea.

Comanche
04-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Hey Texas brush popper this is a football forum! Patton!? This is 2009! Take it to the DC forum. Go Chiefs!

DC forum=trash can. Stop trying to be the Forum Police.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2009, 04:02 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c_EBvKdvoLE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c_EBvKdvoLE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm SO glad we're involved with this shit hole corner of the earth.

ChiTown
04-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Love it.

ROFL

max sleeper
04-27-2009, 04:15 PM
DC forum=trash can. Stop trying to be the Forum Police.

Noob? Go Chiefs!

Oregon chief
04-27-2009, 04:24 PM
That is great. Like it or not that NCO is right and I know if I was one of those Iraqi Police I would feel ashamed.

T-post Tom
04-27-2009, 05:39 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c_EBvKdvoLE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c_EBvKdvoLE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's a bit over the top.

T-post Tom
04-27-2009, 05:40 PM

Makes you wonder. I don't know anything about the culture and how that kind of approach translates. But in those dire circumstances, the means would justify the ends if the approach works.

Goldmember
04-27-2009, 05:51 PM
What is your major malfunction Pvt. Pyle?!!!

Yeah and we all know how that turned out.

crazycoffey
04-27-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm SO glad we're involved with this shit hole corner of the earth.

I'm so glad you took a positive video thread and threw in one of a solider that wasn't being positive. That's that problem, there are good things happening and bad things happening, but many people over here just want to spread the shit stories and not the positive stories.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm so glad you took a positive video thread and threw in one of a solider that wasn't being positive. That's that problem, there are good things happening and bad things happening, but many people over here just want to spread the shit stories and not the positive stories.

This isn't DC, so I'm just going to ignore your arrogance on this, okay?

crazycoffey
04-27-2009, 06:23 PM
This isn't DC, so I'm just going to ignore your arrogance on this, okay?

bite me.

crazycoffey
04-27-2009, 06:28 PM

I can completely see how it looks overly aggressive, but the US has been burned so many times, and the only people that suffer is the population in the country we are trying to help, that don't/didn't stand up for themselves.

I think this guy was being very calculated. Demanding the Iraqis prove that they want to improve the situation by being more active on the "right side" of this fighting, not on "both sides", or even worse, not being active at all. We need those people to act up, speak out, improve the situations. Believe me, there are plenty of numbers in that category to make dramatic improvements.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2009, 06:39 PM
bite me.

I just hope all the theories are true, that we can invade Iran and hopefully, God willing, set up shop in the mideast for 100+ years.

Cause that would be awesome.

Fish
04-27-2009, 06:45 PM
I can completely see how it looks overly aggressive, but the US has been burned so many times, and the only people that suffer is the population in the country we are trying to help, that don't/didn't stand up for themselves.

I think this guy was being very calculated. Demanding the Iraqis prove that they want to improve the situation by being more active on the "right side" of this fighting, not on "both sides", or even worse, not being active at all. We need those people to act up, speak out, improve the situations. Believe me, there are plenty of numbers in that category to make dramatic improvements.

He sounded more frustrated with them than anything. The Iraqi policemen aren't marines. And persistently demeaning them isn't going to make them marines. Yes, they're cowards. They won't stand up for themselves. They've become submissive from the culture they've been living in. But a foreign military leader who can't speak their language calling them "chickenshit cowards" and challenging them to get into a firefight isn't going to magically steel their resolve. They're taking advantage of our protection, and they will continue to do so until we give them no choice but to fight for themselves. And if they still won't fight for themselves, then maybe they don't deserve their freedom. We can't fix everything. We've given them their chance. Multiple chances. We've paved the road for them. We've shown them how to fight. We can't continue to be stern babysitters, because it isn't accomplishing shit. Let's get the **** out and let them take responsibility for themselves. Our country is slipping and our boys need to get back home instead of fighting the Iraqis' never ending war for them.

crazycoffey
04-27-2009, 06:50 PM
I just hope all the theories are true, that we can invade Iran and hopefully, God willing, set up shop in the mideast for 100+ years.

Cause that would be awesome.

proving post #29?

They're taking advantage of our protection, and they will continue to do so until we give them no choice but to fight for themselves. And if they still won't fight for themselves, then maybe they don't deserve their freedom. We can't fix everything.

See and I see the video here saying the same thing as this part of your post. That's my only point, bud. I don't want to be over there anymore than the majority of our population.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2009, 06:53 PM
proving post #29?

Whatever.:spock:

Jenson71
04-27-2009, 06:59 PM
That was a horrible motivational speech.

Fish
04-27-2009, 07:01 PM
See and I see the video here saying the same thing as this part of your post. That's my only point, bud. I don't want to be over there anymore than the majority of our population.

So you think what we saw in this video will be effective and that group is going to turn into a bunch of mean commandos? Because I can't see that happening in the slightest. In fact, I'd guess it would have the opposite effect, but that's just my opinion. We're wasting that man's time when he could be instructing some United States countrymen who actually appreciate what he's trying to teach. This is a nice thump your chest speech, but it's totally wasted on these pathetic policemen who could care less. If they were fighters, they would have been fighting already.

Jenson71
04-27-2009, 07:04 PM
It's entertaining in a sad way when some guy swearing and talking about kicking someone's ass is considered a motivational speech. Greatest motivational speech: Joe Pesci, Goodfellas.

Jenson71
04-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Read MacArthur's farewell speech if you want motivation. That guy was a poet.

In my dreams I hear again the crash of guns, the rattle of musketry, the strange, mournful mutter of the battlefield. But in the evening of my memory I come back to West Point. Always there echoes and re-echoes: Duty, Honor, Country.

You can not read that without wanting to join the military.

Direckshun
04-27-2009, 07:25 PM
I really don't know if it was the best way to deal with the situation, but he took a listless group of slack-jaws and instigated them into a productive conversation about what they are capable of doing.

I don't know if this particular strategy is a feasible one, but it sure seemed to fit the situation.

I think Iraqis are slowly learning to defend themselves because of men like this one.

Marcellus
04-27-2009, 07:31 PM
I don't know how productive it was, and I don't know what happened prior to this to cause the "speech" but I am guessing something pissed him off.

Interesting how people who have never been in a foreign country in a wartime situation can criticize things they see.

I don't give unconditional criticism or approval of anything like this I see. I have been to Iraq and have seen combat and what is hard to explain to people who haven't is that, it's not the same world you or I live in. Sure it sounds easy to say things should be this way or that way but it's just a different world.You can't put everyday logic and spin on things.

mikey23545
04-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Yes, God knows we must have only politically correct speech from those dying because of the cowardice of others. Heaven forbid, he might have offended someone....

As far as that retarded statement that it can only create more terrorists, if that speech drives someone to strap a bomb to themselves, they were already a terrorist....

crazycoffey
04-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Yes, God knows we must have only politically correct speech from those dying because of the cowardice of others. Heaven forbid, he might have offended someone....

As far as that retarded statement that it can only create more terrorists, if that speech drives someone to strap a bomb to themselves, they were already a terrorist....

yeah, I kinda agree. So to answer KC fish, it's not about turning them into "commandos" it's about drawing a line in the sand and saying pick a f***ing side. It's better than doing all the work for them, or training/equiping them and then seeing them downrange engaging you with your own weapons/tactics.

*BTW - good chance I'm training these idiots later in the year, all the details I can prolly give. But I for one am happy this tone is already being set, because my biggest fear is we won't be active enough in doing this the right way. There was another video of the US troops standing behind the Iraqis while they engaged the enemy. The US wasn't even actively fighting, they were telling the Iraqis what to do and making them aware of a potential flanking movement. I'm tickled pink right now about this....