PDA

View Full Version : Misc I met this Pro Athlete and.......

MikeMaslowski
04-28-2009, 01:50 PM
This got brought up in the Tony Gonzalez farewell pc thread and I thought it deserved it's own...

Tell your story about when you met a pro player, NFL, NBA, MLB...etc

here's mine...

I was at a football camp when I was a kid and Marcus Allen was the star of the show. During the day, I had went up to him with a football card and he signed it and I told him how big of a fan I was and yadda yadda... Seemed cool, then I saw a kid bring a football up to him and he signed it. "Wow, what a great idea," I thought. So that night I gathered up all of my allowance and bought a brand new football before attending the award presentation. After the ceremony I went up to him with the ball and said "Mr. Allen, could you sign this for me?" He said, "Didn't I sign something for you earlier?" I said, "Yes sir but I just wanted to see if....." and he cut me off.... "Kid I gotta sign alot of autographs." Then he walked away. I was fugging devestated....

On a side note: My brother worked at a golf course in Cali and was asked by one of Allens buddies to get some cocaine for them....he obliged.

Valiant
04-28-2009, 01:55 PM
As much as I don't like Marcus Allen, I agree with him there.. You already got an autograph, now you just seem like a person trying to sell it..

T-post Tom
04-28-2009, 01:55 PM
This got brought up in the Tony Gonzalez farewell pc thread and I thought it deserved it's own...

Tell your story about when you met a pro player, NFL, NBA, MLB...etc

here's mine...

I was at a football camp when I was a kid and Marcus Allen was the star of the show. During the day, I had went up to him with a football card and he signed it and I told him how big of a fan I was and yadda yadda... Seemed cool, then I saw a kid bring a football up to him and he signed it. "Wow, what a great idea," I thought. So that night I gathered up all of my allowance and bought a brand new football before attending the award presentation. After the ceremony I went up to him with the ball and said "Mr. Allen, could you sign this for me?" He said, "Didn't I sign something for you earlier?" I said, "Yes sir but I just wanted to see if....." and he cut me off.... "Kid I gotta sign alot of autographs." Then he walked away. I was fugging devestated....

On a side note: My brother worked at a golf course in Cali and was asked by one of Allens buddies to get some cocaine for them....he obliged.

You must be scarred...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JYRsNCHPpzo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JYRsNCHPpzo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Katipan
04-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Steve Sax put a Gold Medal around my neck when I won my age group in a road race when I was 6. Stan Javier threw me a baseball. Mike Tyson flirted with me at Walgreens. James Worthy signed a $10 bill and gave it to my mother and me. Larry Johnson spit on me at a club but he didn't actually TALK to me so I don't count him.

MikeMaslowski
04-28-2009, 02:06 PM
As much as I don't like Marcus Allen, I agree with him there.. You already got an autograph, now you just seem like a person trying to sell it..

I was 13.....I don't think ebay was big yet....

tomahawk kid
04-28-2009, 02:10 PM
I met Frank Thomas and Brian McRae at Kelly's in Westport 4-5 years ago.

Frank Thomas was very cool, although we just BSed about baseball and I never asked for an autograph......

kysirsoze
04-28-2009, 02:12 PM
My parents ran into Marcus Allen at a hotel bar one time. He was apparently very nice, and offered to sign something for them. They didn't have anything so he signed a cocktail napkin.

It sucks that you got your hopes up I guess, but the fact that Allen was appearing at this camp and signing stuff for the kids makes it sound like he's not that bad a guy. I imagine there has to be a time when enough is enough or kids will have him signing everything they own.

Valiant
04-28-2009, 02:14 PM
I was 13.....I don't think ebay was big yet....

But card shops were.. And I have seen a few guys pay little kids to get autographs, so that is why I can see him telling you no.. Nothing against you, I just see his point..

MikeMaslowski
04-28-2009, 02:17 PM
My parents ran into Marcus Allen at a hotel bar one time. He was apparently very nice, and offered to sign something for them. They didn't have anything so he signed a cocktail napkin.

It sucks that you got your hopes up I guess, but the fact that Allen was appearing at this camp and signing stuff for the kids makes it sound like he's not that bad a guy. I imagine there has to be a time when enough is enough or kids will have him signing everything they own.

F%@king A... that sounds like a pretty decent evaluation of the situation... now I'm contemplating masturbation.... at the train station

MikeMaslowski
04-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Dammit.... For sooo many years I have just been like "Fu@k Marcus Allen" now after a few minutes on the planet I am free of the hate.

CP therapy.

DeepSouth
04-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Larry Johnson spit on me at a club but he didn't actually TALK to me so I don't count him.

You win !!!!!!

Elwaysux
04-28-2009, 02:23 PM
I was a Cubs fan growing up and hated Pete Rose. He spoke at something in my town when I was 14 and my boss scheduled me for work and paid me to take her kid. I won the door prize and had to go up and shake hands with him. I scratched my balls before I went up. (We always did this before shaking hands when we lost a baseball game.)

Mr. Flopnuts
04-28-2009, 02:24 PM
fuckin n00bs

Elwaysux
04-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Marcus Allen used to hang out at the door hitting on a 20 year old door girl at Fridays in Ward Parkway back when he was with the Chiefs. I had to tell him to go sit at the bar or a table because he was creating a traffic jam. I should have told him to go hang out with his wife.

raybec 4
04-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Not exactly celebrities depending on what circles you run in but....

Cesar Gracie made me take a nap one time, Eddie Bravo also helped me to get some much needed rest on the mat. Bas Rutten kicked me so hard I vomited.

DaKCMan AP
04-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Too many stories..

raybec 4
04-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Too many stories..

I'm sure each and every one of them end with some super hot model or actress telling you just how awesome you are.

wutamess
04-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Served Kevin Ross lunch when I was in grade school

Play basketball with Jayice Pearson and softball and basketball with Danan Hughes from time to time.

Ran into Dale Carter at Hypermart (Walmart).

Saw Dwayne Bowe at Zen.

Saw Dick Gregory at Kansas City airport and saw him 1 week later in Dallas.

Saw Tony Richardson at my cousins' football game.

Saw Derrick Thomas at Maniacs on 40 hgwy.

Met Barry Sanders at OSU the end of his senior year.

I think that's all I got.

MoreLemonPledge
04-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Scott Pioli touched my hand and I bawled for 3 hours straight.

MikeMaslowski
04-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Are all you grumpy ass long time board members still soooo busy debating about whether or not sanchez shaves his balls that you can't take a second for something else?

The glass is half full....

Iowanian
04-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Eddie Bravo also helped me to get some much needed rest on the mat. Bas Rutten kicked me so hard I vomited.

It must have been a direct hit to the Jejunum.

MOhillbilly
04-28-2009, 02:32 PM
was at the training facility in houston and wanted to get lamar lathoms autograph he kinda blew me off till my uncle came around the corner. met glenn montgomery when he was at UofH when pardee was coach. he sent me notes and autographed pictures till he was traded to the seahawks.

MikeMaslowski
04-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Scott Pioli touched my hand and I bawled for 3 hours straight.

He put a horses head in my bed. I did the only logical thing...I had sex with it.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Are all you grumpy ass long time board members still soooo busy debating about whether or not sanchez shaves his balls that you can't take a second for something else?

The glass is half full....

LMAO Settle down n00b. I was fuckin with you.

Iowanian
04-28-2009, 02:34 PM
I met Frank White when I was in 3rd-4th grade. His daughter played on my cousin's bb team. He was the first pro athlete and black person I'd ever been close enough to speak with. He was very classy and very nice to my brother and I. He helped me pick up some stuff I dropped at the concession stand too.

Didn't even think to ask for an autograph.

MoreLemonPledge
04-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Dante Hall used to come into my workplace quite often. I've never seen a (semi) grown man complain as much as him when I asked for his ID (knowing full well exactly who he was).

Every single time he came in after that I asked him for his ID.

CaliforniaChief
04-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Was in Kansas City for a Royals series with the Blue Jays. Saw Roberto Alomar getting out of a taxi after the game at the Adam's Mark (now Clarion, I believe.) Had a woman on each arm going into the hotel. At least he put his disease-swapping threesome on hold enough to sign an autograph...same series met George Brett coming in but he snubbed me for the signature.

MOhillbilly
04-28-2009, 02:36 PM
met jeff fisher right as he got outta the shower.:eek:

MikeMaslowski
04-28-2009, 02:36 PM
LMAO Settle down n00b. I was ****in with you.

You're lucky...

Iowanian
04-28-2009, 02:37 PM
I saw John Elway sniff a cow puss at the Missouri state fair.....

CoMoChief
I've met George Brett many times on numerous occasions, he's really good friends with my friends Dad.

Let me be the first to say that George Brett has the most filthiest mouth on the planet. Good lord.

If anyone's seen the Youtube clip where Brett talks about how he shit himself at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, he talks about how his friend Larry had to help him back up to his room because Brett's pants were filled with shit.

The Larry he's talking about is my friends dad.

He (Larry) also happends to be the former KC's Secret Santa. He passed away a couple years ago

MoreLemonPledge
met jeff fisher right as he got outta the shower.:eek:

LUCKY

http://www.adrants.com/images/burt_reynolds_directv.jpg

MOhillbilly
04-28-2009, 02:39 PM
ive seen alot of pro football players naked. meh.

Katipan
04-28-2009, 02:41 PM
ive seen alot of pro football players naked. meh.

Let's trade eyes.

MOhillbilly
04-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Let's trade eyes.

that sound painfull.

HemiEd
04-28-2009, 02:46 PM
This has been done before, but it has been quite a while.

Took the wife and kids up to a Royals game, early 80s. George Brett used all of the brakes on his Porshe not to T Bone us. He was flying through the parking lot and we were just kind of looking around since it was well before game time.

Played black jack out in Vegas with Johnny Bench, at the Mirage 1990.

Met Mike Bell at the Turnpike McDonalds couple years ago, he signed my jacket.

kc rush
04-28-2009, 02:47 PM
I met Frank White when I was in 3rd-4th grade. His daughter played on my cousin's bb team. He was the first pro athlete and black person I'd ever been close enough to speak with. He was very classy and very nice to my brother and I. He helped me pick up some stuff I dropped at the concession stand too.

Didn't even think to ask for an autograph.

His daughter was in my brother's class so I got to meet him a couple of times. I was hanging out at the school waiting for something to end and he and I were the only ones in a waiting area. He came up and started talking with me. I was too awestruck to ask for an autograph and I always think of him as this classy guy that took the time to come over and talk with a dumb kid.

Skip Towne
04-28-2009, 02:49 PM
I took my 3 year old girl to a scrimmage of KU basketball players. At a break I put her on Alonzo Jamison's lap. She said ewww, you're all sweaty. I want to see a real Jayhawk (mascot)

BWillie
04-28-2009, 02:49 PM
I met Anna Kournikova, didn't know it was her until after I f*cked her. True story. I got her to sign my rod

raybec 4
04-28-2009, 02:51 PM
It must have been a direct hit to the Jejunum.

I was attending what was supposed to be a three session class taught by him. He was using me as a training example and we were sparring ( sort of). I went to kick him in the liver just as he threw an inside leg kick at me, I was unable to continue.

kc rush
04-28-2009, 02:52 PM
I've also met Deron Cherry a couple of times in the 90's. Really nice guy.

Dino Mangiero, who played for the Chiefs in the early to mid 80's was the brother-in-law to a friend of mine in grade school. Dino came in and talked to us about getting an education and having something to fall back on. We then got to tour Arrowhead. This is what first got me interested in the Chiefs.

MoreLemonPledge
04-28-2009, 02:53 PM
I got her to sign my rod

Pics?

DaKCMan AP
I'm sure each and every one of them end with some super hot model or actress telling you just how awesome you are.

No, that's just a typical day.

Mr. Flopnuts
You're lucky...

Thank you for your kind gesture in sparing my internet persona.

Frazod
04-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Marcus Allen is the only sports star I've gotten an autograph from in person. It was before a preseason game in '96 at Soldier Field. He probably wouldn't have stopped for me, but this ridiculously cute little kid standing next to me asked him for an autograph and he gave me one as well. He signed my hat, which I still have. It's worthless because there's no way to prove he actually signed it, but I don't give a shit. I'd never sell it anyway.

raybec 4
04-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Pics?

You want pictures of that dudes joint?

MikeMaslowski
04-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Thank you for your kind gesture in sparing my internet persona.

Anytime sir, my cyber Chuck Norris on the rag was on deck. I sent him back to the pine. He has big league chew in his mouth. But he is still looking at you.

The Franchise
04-28-2009, 02:57 PM
I got to meet the entire Harlem Globetrotters team back in 1997. They stopped for drinks (water, gatorade) at the grocery store that I worked at. I got to load their bus with a fucking ton of drinks. No tip either.....fuckin pricks. They could have at least shown me how to do their sweet moves.

One of my friends played on the same high school football team as Chad Greeneway. Greeneway played safety back in HS. A FUCKING SAFETY!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
04-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Anytime sir, my cyber Chuck Norris on the rag was on deck. I sent him back to the pine. He has big league chew in his mouth. But he is still looking at you.

Well I won't try to find him. Everyone knows Chuck Norris finds YOU!

The Franchise
04-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Oh yeah.....I got to meet Adam Vinatieri at a Boys and Girls club. That dude has a smoking wife....plus he's a really cool guy.

MoreLemonPledge
04-28-2009, 02:59 PM
I got to meet the entire Harlem Globetrotters team back in 1997. They stopped for drinks (water, gatorade) at the grocery store that I worked at. I got to load their bus with a ****ing ton of drinks. No tip either.....****in pricks. They could have at least shown me how to do their sweet moves.

One of my friends played on the same high school football team as Chad Greeneway. Greeneway played safety back in HS. A ****ING SAFETY!!!!

They all stopped at the Burger King I worked at back in the day. They gave everyone that worked there a signed picture. It was a kind gesture.

KC native
04-28-2009, 03:00 PM
I went to DT's house for halloween when he was a rookie and he was giving out autographed cards. We tried to go back and he laughed because he noticed we had just switched masks so we only got candy on the return trip.

Met Neil Smith in an Applebee's and got an autograph.

I contributed to the bad behavior of a certain NFL all pro that went to TCU and now plays in our division (prior to and during his NFL career). I will never give the details because A) most wouldn't believe me and B) it's incriminating of me (so don't ask).

Almost got into a fight with Herb Taylor (yes the Herb Taylor on the Chiefs) when he was at TCU. It started with me stepping on Quintilly Harmon's foot (he was a WR at TCU). I apologized and then he tried to punk me so I told him to go fuq himself and bring it if he wanted to do something. He got all puffy and tried to intimidate me which is impossible bc I grew up in East KC and we'll take an asskicking before backing down. So, things escalated and next thing I know I'm looking at about 6-7 football players one of which was ol Herbie. I thought this was really hilarious as I'm 5'8" and they felt the need to try and intimidate me. Well, I hung out with many of the football and basketball players too so my crowd gathers and it was about to be a royal rumble at my friend's cousin's bar. Well, then one of the older and wiser guys who knew me stepped in and asked what was going on and told the other group of guys they were stupid because Quintilly (what a bitch ass name btw) had started it so it defused the situation pretty quick. The funniest thing out of this whole ordeal was the scrunched up mad dog face that ol' Herbie made when they tried to swell up on me and intimidate me. I doubled over laughing becaue of that. Now before everyone says I think I'm superman, I know I would have gotten my ass kicked but someone's football season would have been finished that night (I had two beer bottles in my hand. one empty and one full bc there is no such thing as a fair fight). Anyways I always think of that night when I see SnR's avatar (I think SnR is the one with the taylor avatar)

Edit: I also went to school with Christian Okoye's neice.

ModSocks
04-28-2009, 03:00 PM
I ate dinner with Ladanian Tomlinson and Quentin Jammer. LT was about as nice as you would imagine him being, he's a good guy. I was surprised that he wasn't in a terrible mood, since they had just lost a close one to the Donkeys a few hours prior to our dinner. I asked him what he thought of the chiefs (this was in the Vermiel era) and he called the defense "sorry" lol.
He also said that he hated the raiders the most, and the Bill Romonowski (Sp) was the dirties player he ever played against.

QT on the other hand, never really socialized with us. He went off in the corner and ate dinner with his family. He had the hugest fore arms i had ever seen in my life. they looked like a mutation.

I've also met Reche Caldwell, Kasim Osgood and some ex RB, can't remember his name though. Something Fletcher i believe. He came by and preached to a small group of us.

Met TO and "The Bus" at a celebrity basketball game. "The bus" was really cool, TO was an arrogant prick. All the kids were clamoring for an autograph from him, but he bee-lined off the court as soon as the game was over. Robert Griffith was there as well, he was a class act.

MikeMaslowski
04-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Marcus Allen is the only sports star I've gotten an autograph from in person. It was before a preseason game in '96 at Soldier Field. He probably wouldn't have stopped for me, but this ridiculously cute little kid standing next to me asked him for an autograph and he gave me one as well. He signed my hat, which I still have. It's worthless because there's no way to prove he actually signed it, but I don't give a shit. I'd never sell it anyway.

Oh, that reminded me, that card that I got Allen to sign, well, that same brother that got coke for him actually stole that card when he was living with me and pawned it to buy weed.

I wasn't that mad at the time cuz I hated Allen. Now that I don't anymore I'm kindof upset.

InChiefsHeaven
04-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Former Bronco and Panther and Husker Tony Veland is the Defensive Coordinator for the Omaha Beef, and just this last week, NFL legendary tight end Russ Francis (played in the 9ers superbowl win over Miami) just took over as GM of the Beef. So, that's two guys that I get to talk to now on a (semi) regular basis.

Both very cool guys by the way. Russ Francis introduced himself to the fans last Friday night, then came to the after game party and made the rounds. He was there longer than I was.

HemiEd
04-28-2009, 03:04 PM

I didn't know that. He is the one that signed my Chiefs helmet, as you probably remember. You really have to use your imagination on that sig.

Frazod
04-28-2009, 03:05 PM
I've met Jerry Fontenot (former center for the Bears) and Will Purdue (championship era Bull). Fontenot is HUGE - the guy literally took up an entire doorway. Purdue is probably the tallest person I've ever met, but skinny as hell.

Frazod
04-28-2009, 03:08 PM
I didn't know that. He is the one that signed my Chiefs helmet, as you probably remember. You really have to use your imagination on that sig.

Mine's pretty clear; I have an autographed mini-helmet that I got from my uncle (through Chevy when Allen did a promo back in the 90s) and the signatures are pretty much dead on identical.

You should come to the house one of these days and see all my autographed stuff. And let me drive your car some more. :D

kysirsoze
04-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Well we all have stories....

MoreLemonPledge
04-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Michael Vick was my aunt's dog sitter.

Still too soon?

MOhillbilly
04-28-2009, 03:13 PM
almost got into a fight with a redskins runningbacks mother/father/brother.
on the way out my pussy cousin said 'you better have your head on a swivel' to which i laughed and said 'there are 75 thousand of us and ten of them'.

man i was drunk.

raybec 4
04-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Michael Vick was my aunt's dog sitter.

Still too soon?

Hayoooo!

doomy3
04-28-2009, 03:20 PM
I used to manage a retail clothing store and right after Ryan Sims was drafted, him and his girlfriend came in and his girlfriend was trying on some clothes. Well, I didn't know who he was at the time, but Sims' GF asked him to hold her purse while she tried on the clothes. As I was walking by, I saw this enormous man holding a leopard colored purse, so I made a comment to him about how nice his purse looked on him. He just glared at me and didn't like it very much. When they were checking out and he handed me his North Carolina ID that said his name, I realized it was our new #6 overall pick.

If only I knew he would actually play like a girl...

Iowanian
04-28-2009, 03:23 PM
I was attending what was supposed to be a three session class taught by him. He was using me as a training example and we were sparring ( sort of). I went to kick him in the liver just as he threw an inside leg kick at me, I was unable to continue.

I wrestled Tom Brands at a freestyle clinic when I was a sophomore and he was a defending national champion for the hawkeyes.

I likely felt about the same as you did.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-28-2009, 03:24 PM
I used to manage a retail clothing store and right after Ryan Sims was drafted, him and his girlfriend came in and his girlfriend was trying on some clothes. Well, I didn't know who he was at the time, but Sims' GF asked him to hold her purse while she tried on the clothes. As I was walking by, I saw this enormous man holding a leopard colored purse, so I made a comment to him about how nice his purse looked on him. He just glared at me and didn't like it very much. When they were checking out and he handed me his North Carolina ID that said his name, I realized it was our new #6 overall pick.

If only I knew he would actually play like a girl...

ROFL

raybec 4
04-28-2009, 03:27 PM
I wrestled Tom Brands at a freestyle clinic when I was a sophomore and he was a defending national champion for the hawkeyes.

I likely felt about the same as you did.

The worst for me was Eddie Bravo, he just made me look foolish. He has his own move called the twister. He put me in that twice before he put me to sleep. Worst of all he was very, very polite about the whole thing sying sorry asking me how I'm feeling all that shit.

shitgoose
04-28-2009, 03:31 PM
My brother and I met The Rockers (Marty Jannetty and Shawn Michaels) at the airport in Tampa when we were like 9 or 10. We were huge WWF fans back then and they gave us an autographed picture and then wrestled with us and messed around with us for about 30 minutes. Their flight was delayed and they were just sitting around waiting. It was pretty cool. I'm not sure if most people knew who they were but my brother and I recognized them as we were walking through the terminal.

Mojo Jojo
04-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Marcus Allen used to hang out at the door hitting on a 20 year old door girl at Fridays in Ward Parkway back when he was with the Chiefs. I had to tell him to go sit at the bar or a table because he was creating a traffic jam. I should have told him to go hang out with his wife.

But you have to remember his wife was hanging out with Donnie Edwards.

Sully
Went to the Kevin Ross/ Albert Lewis football camp a couple of years. Great guys.
Anyhow, there was this kid at camp who was fast as hell. Probably a 4.7 or 4.6 40. He begged Ross to race him the entire camp. On the last day Ross said okay. Gave the kid a 15 yard head start, they raced 50, and Ross beat him by 7-9 yards...

... Backpedaling

Buck
In 1988 I was at a Padres game (I was only 2 Years Old) and My Dad was sitting right by the Dodgers Bullpen and somebody right behind him spilled beer all over him, and Don Sutton saw it happen. I was sleeping and Don Sutton told my Dad to give me to him, so he could go to the bathroom and clean up because my Dad wasn't with anybody but me.

So thats my most famous one...even though I don't remember it.

In 1991 there was elevator access down to the access tunnel in Jack Murphy Stadium, so my Dad took me down there after a game and I got to shake hands with Fred McGriff and Tony Fernandez.

In 2003 I was standing on a tee box while Tiger Woods teed off in the first round of the Buick Invitational, and he drove the ball right. He uttered, "Gosh Darnit. Don't Go There. Son of a Bitch!" I didn't really meet him, but I thought that was funny.

In 2008, Brian Giles was lost trying to find his Tailgate Party at the Chargers game and I offered him a Beer and he drank it with me, and then he drank another one. That was the coolest one.

In 2008, I told Jerry Hairston Jr. to go fuck himself.

Thats about it.

The Franchise
04-28-2009, 03:34 PM
In 1988 I was at a Padres game (I was only 2 Years Old) and My Dad was sitting right by the Dodgers Bullpen and somebody right behind him spilled beer all over him, and Don Sutton saw it happen. I was sleeping and Don Sutton told my Dad to give me to him, so he could go to the bathroom and clean up because my Dad wasn't with anybody but me.

And what did he do to you? :hmmm:

It's ok....you are amongst friends here. Let the hurt out.

doomy3
04-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Also, at that same job, on a Sunday right after a game Mike Cloud came in and decided to park his Mercedes right in front of the store in the fire lane. I told him I wouldn't park it there because he would probably either get ticketed or towed, but he said, "They know who I am. They wouldn't dare tow my Mercedes, and I don't care if they give me a ticket."

About 30 minutes later, I watched as the tow truck towed him away while he was in the dressing room.

Buck
04-28-2009, 03:37 PM
And what did he do to you? :hmmm:

It's ok....you are amongst friends here. Let the hurt out.

I wish I could remember.

It makes for a pretty cool story.

doomy3
04-28-2009, 03:39 PM
I used to have all kinds of players come in.

Priest Holmes, Mike Sweeney, Dante Hall, Mike Cloud, Jason Dunn, Jose Lima, Ty Law, Dan Glass, Jeremy Affeldt, Jason Grimsley were probably in the most.

I actually had Eric Hicks and his wife banned from the entire center because his wife was trying to steal from us. LMAO

Sully
04-28-2009, 03:40 PM
My first game starting varsity was televised. Deron Cherry was announcing it. Early on the game the top RB in the state slipped an attempted tackle by me, and Cherry replayed it and ripped me at least 4 times. I'll never forget hearing him say, "that guy didn't even want toake the tackle." no one else who saw it let me forget, either.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Also, at that same job, on a Sunday right after a game Mike Cloud came in and decided to park his Mercedes right in front of the store in the fire lane. I told him I wouldn't park it there because he would probably either get ticketed or towed, but he said, "They know who I am. They wouldn't dare tow my Mercedes, and I don't care if they give me a ticket."

About 30 minutes later, I watched as the tow truck towed him away while he was in the dressing room.

:LOL:

raybec 4
04-28-2009, 03:42 PM
I used to have all kinds of players come in.

Priest Holmes, Mike Sweeney, Dante Hall, Mike Cloud, Jason Dunn, Jose Lima, Ty Law, Dan Glass, Jeremy Affeldt, Jason Grimsley were probably in the most.

I actually had Eric Hicks and his wife banned from the entire center because his wife was trying to steal from us. LMAO

That happened and you choose the Ryan Simms story first?

Buck
04-28-2009, 03:44 PM
I forgot one of the best ones.

2008 - In Denver - I am at Dave and Buster's and I spot Allen Iverson. I'm not a fan of his, so I didn't really care, but its hard to miss him, with his bling bling on.

One of the girls I was with was a Denver Fan, in all sports so she wanted to get a picture taken with him. She went up and asked and he acted like a bitch and wouldn't even look her in the eye. Finally when the Manager of the restaurant came over to get her out of this bad situation and she turned around he stood up and yelled "NO!" at her.

Then he and his entourage started laughing really loud.

Fuck Allen Iverson.

bobbymitch
04-28-2009, 03:44 PM
I got to attend a back yard party in Platte County that was attended by most of the 1958 Athletics. Met my heroes, Bob Cerv and Suitcase Simpson. I remember getting a bunch of BB cards signed by team members. But then my mother sold all of my childhood toys while I was at bootcamp. Oh well.

Sully
04-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Well we all have stories....

ROFl

rockymtnchief
04-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Met Dino Hackett in KC. Offered him a beer and he politely declined.

Ted Williams signed a ball for me.

Met Faith Hill before she was famous. Had her laughing hysterically. So I asked for her phone number and she said, "maybe". Went and talked to Brooks and Dunn and forgot to ask Faith again for the number.

Took a certain FEMALE country singer home for the night. Saved her underwear as a souvineer. Then lost them somewhere. My buddy is still pissed because he thought she was going with him.

My buddy and I got in a fight with two mouthy pricks. Ten seconds into it we were jumped on by 10-20 long-hairs. Turns out my buddy was thumping the lead singer of Bad Company and I was thumping the bass player. The long-hairs were their roadies.

Met Holyfield in Atlanta. He was nice as hell, but really intimidating looking.

My buddy worked for Chris LeDoux so I met him half a dozen times. He was as nice a man as you could ever meet. R.I.P.

Tracey Lawrence and his brother got my buddy and I drunk one night.

Met Jerry Rice. His buddy asked if I could get him (the buddy) some cocaine. Told him no.

Met Clint Eastwood. My buddies and I have pictures of us smoking cigars with him.

Was in the 95 mph batting cage hitting every pitch. Some bald guy in a 'Bill Cosby sweater' was trying to give me pointers. Keep in mind I was jacking every pitch. I got pissed and said, "Let's see if you can do any better." He stepped in and put me to shame. Talked with him for 20 minutes before I realized it was Will Clark. He signed a ball for me.

Damn...I got a lot more, but they're not that interesting to tell. And now that I live in a tiny town I never run into celebrities.

joesomebody
04-28-2009, 03:49 PM
The only Chief's autograph I have received in person at a game was from
Louie Aguiar!

when I was 13. Nice guy.

I got Otis Taylor's autograph the same year at some signing event at Price Chopper, he was super nice.

Then the true prize in my collection is a signed Willie Davis rookie card, that I had signed at some charity basketball game. I was probably 13 or 14 then. I just looked at his wikipedia and it says he is now a scout for the Chiefs, I wonder if he just got fired.

Sully
04-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Got Ashley Judd's autograph at a Royals game, on a Royals ticket.

Buck
Oh yeah, I met Darryl Strawberry at a Batting Cage in Palm Springs, CA back in 1993 or 1994.

Mojo Jojo
OK...long but good story. It was the '88 or '89 the Yankees are in town and I'm eating lunch at Crown Center in the open seating area. Almost all the seats are full so I find a table with two seats and sit down. A couple of minutes later an older man walks up and asks if he could sit in the empty seat, and I said ok. He reaches his hand out to shake and says "thank you. My name's Phil Rizzuto. (For those of you who are too young he was the shortstop for the Yankees in the 50's/60's and was a Yankee Broadcaster). So I spend the next hour plus talking baseball with The Scooter. He left me tickets for the next night's game at will call and with the tickets was an autographed ball. I guess it was Karma. Do a nice thing and end up spending lunch with a baseball legend.

bdeg
04-28-2009, 04:00 PM
My dad met Lamar Hunt on a flight out of KC some time around 10 years ago. He(Lamar) was flying coach and couldn't have been more humble/nice. He was holding a newspaper looking at a list of free agents crossing off names.

Met Tony G at an autograph thing when I was a kid, he was nice as well.

SnakeXJones
04-28-2009, 04:21 PM
I Met Debra (McMichael) while picking up my tickets at Kemper Arena for Over the Edge She was very nice. I also saw the Hardy Boyz, Val Venis, Stone Cold, Micheal Cole. Not to mention Matt Hardy has a really fucking curvvy ass nose looks like a slide upclose

L.A. Chieffan
04-28-2009, 04:23 PM
tom cruise lives in my building. ran into him in the elevator

doomy3
04-28-2009, 04:24 PM
That happened and you choose the Ryan Simms story first?

Yeah, I debated not posting the Hicks one on here because of the circumstances and I'm not sure if legally I am even supposed to post that, but I thought it would be appreciated around here.

doomy3
04-28-2009, 04:24 PM

No shit?

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-28-2009, 04:36 PM
The only Chief's autograph I have received in person at a game was from
Louie Aguiar!

when I was 13. Nice guy.

I got Otis Taylor's autograph the same year at some signing event at Price Chopper, he was super nice.

Then the true prize in my collection is a signed Willie Davis rookie card, that I had signed at some charity basketball game. I was probably 13 or 14 then. I just looked at his wikipedia and it says he is now a scout for the Chiefs, I wonder if he just got fired.

Nothin' wrong with Louie; he had Great Mojo.

GoHuge
04-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Oh hell I've met quiet a few. The first one that really comes to mind is meeting Christian Okoye in the Arrowhead parking lot in his full African get up during his hey day. I was probably like 8-9 and he was the biggest dude I'd ever seen. Kind of scared he was going to crush my hand when he shook it. Use to race motocross with Clint Bowyer almost every weekend. Got to hang out with almost the entire 85' World Series team at their 10 year anniversary get together. I was 14 at the time and was so awe struck I didn't know what to do or say. Three years ago Clint was at Lakeside on the Saturday night of the Cup weekend and caught up with him and hung out with Carl Edwards. Carl is a helluva nice guy. It's kind of funny just hanging out with them when there are no cameras and they're not thinking about mentioning all their sponsors. Cool to see they're just normal dudes.

About two years ago I went to a benefit for spinal cord research. They where roasting George Brett and there was only about 200 people there. The guys there where Conrad Dobler (his wife is paralyzed and a wonderful woman). Bob Gibson was there and he was cool as hell. Split was there, but the highlight for me was definetely hanging out with Brett. I got there about 45 minutes before it started to check out the auction stuff etc...and I looked over and George was sitting there talking to Dave Stewart (who was the MC). I'd heard he could be a jerk, but I figured what the hell and went over, shook his hand, and introduced myself (called him Mr. Brett) and thanked him for doing this (I have a paralyzed family member). He was just as cool as can be, shook my hand, told me to sit down, and call him George. In my mind I'm thinking "OK I'm going to just kill some time and shoot the shit with George Brett." Me, him, and Stewart just sat there talking for at least a half hour just being boys. He introduced me to his wife and just was super cool. Even asked his wife to please go get us a couple beers. What really blew me away was that a few months later at his restuarant on opening day at breakfast I came in with some folks and he walked right up, remembered my name, shook my hand, asked how I'd been etc..Lucky for me I had just started dating the girl I brought with me. Girls seem to be pretty impressed with shit like that. They where trembling in awe just like I was the first time we met and him and I are shooting the shit like old buddies.

Saw him about a year later.......no f**king idea who I was :)

88TG88
04-28-2009, 04:51 PM
nvm

Bill Lundberg
04-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Dave Meggett is a dickwad. That is all

Contrarian
04-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Franco Harris at a food convention in Vegas
Michael Jordan at the premier of Spacejam
Ralph Sampson at a clothing convention in Vegas
Ken Stabler at an Adobe conference
Barry Word at a Price Chopper
Christian Okoye at a Kmart
George Brett at Jr high school presentation
Jamie Quirk at Jr high school presentation
Hal McRae at Jr high school presentation
Hulk Hogan and Mr. T both at Venice Beach pumping iron
Turbo and Ozone at Venice Beach break dancing to beatbox baseball music remix
Goldie Hawn on Zero Beach in California without a top on as we were trespassing - drunk
Dennis Hopper in Santa Barbara at a restaurant with a glass floor on the pier
Shawn Mullins in Seattle after one of his shows having a beer and a smoke
Eddie Vedder on Capitol Hill in a convenience store buying milk
Angus Young at a McDonalds at 8 in the morning buying mcgriddles
Joe Satriani in San Francisco in the alley before a show drinking a brew

The Franchise
04-28-2009, 05:27 PM
OK...long but good story. It was the '88 or '89 the Yankees are in town and I'm eating lunch at Crown Center in the open seating area. Almost all the seats are full so I find a table with two seats and sit down. A couple of minutes later an older man walks up and asks if he could sit in the empty seat, and I said ok. He reaches his hand out to shake and says "thank you. My name's Phil Rizzuto. (For those of you who are too young he was the shortstop for the Yankees in the 50's/60's and was a Yankee Broadcaster). So I spend the next hour plus talking baseball with The Scooter. He left me tickets for the next night's game at will call and with the tickets was an autographed ball. I guess it was Karma. Do a nice thing and end up spending lunch with a baseball legend.

Those are Zs.

bishop_74
04-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Kareem Abdul Jabar = Had no interest in talking to anyone.
Joe Montana = Had no interest in talking to anyone.
Walter Payton = A wonderful human bieng that spent at LEAST an hour talking with me and my friends.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Kareem Abdul Jabar = Had no interest in talking to anyone.
Joe Montana = Had no interest in talking to anyone.
Walter Payton = A wonderful human bieng that spent at LEAST an hour talking with me and my friends.

That's awesome.

Reaper16
04-28-2009, 05:51 PM
One time like three years ago I taught Buffalo Bills RB Xavier Omon how to use chopsticks at the student union food court.

Also, I got Nick Lowry's autograph once at a Price Chopper.

And I saw some Royals at a Royals Caravan stop here in Maryville.

And I met Bret Hart and the Undertaker at the airport many years ago.

My favorite one, though, was in Chicago last summer: I was on the third floor of the NikeTown store on Michigan Ave. looking at the of the sneakers on sale. I look to my left at the person next to me, and sure enough LeBron fucking James was looking for shoes, too. We barely got a few words in before one of his handlers was like "There's a bunch of people coming up the stairs; they spotted you." And he had to prepare for the rush.

Delano
04-28-2009, 05:55 PM

No shit?

LMAO

Demonpenz
04-28-2009, 06:00 PM
my mom got grienke to sign a shirt like 10 minutes ago

OnTheWarpath15
04-28-2009, 06:16 PM
I've been lucky to meet more pro athletes than I'm willing to take the time to type out. Most have been very generous with their time, others were assholes.

But my favorite story regarding a pro athlete was the time I got caught fucking Kevin Appier's nanny - in his house. He had given us tickets to the game - he had pitched the night before, and asked if we would head back to the house to walk the dogs - he was going out with the guys - the wife and kids were out of town.

So we get back and for some reason, just start tearing each others clothes off. 15 minutes into it, he comes strolling in - he had changed his mind and just wanted to veg out at home.

Granted, we were dating at the time, and he was completely cool about it. (the kids weren't in the house, BTW)

He was a cool dude. Any time we wanted tickets, we had them. We were always welcome at the house - even after he caught us doing circus tricks on his rug.

Pioli Zombie
04-28-2009, 06:40 PM
I fucked Gabrielle Reece against a wall.

Ok, that isn't true. But I can dream.
Posted via Mobile Device

KcFanInGA
04-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Dammit.... For sooo many years I have just been like "Fu@k Marcus Allen" now after a few minutes on the planet I am free of the hate.

CP therapy.

Let it all out, brother. It's ok to cry, I am crying right now.

Nzoner
04-28-2009, 08:38 PM
A few of my more memorable meetings

Neil Smith at a radio show here in St Joe at Brian Washington's restaurant(he advertised with us so I got to stick around for a drink afterwards with them) anyhow Brian introduces us and Neil says something like ,"how ya doin' Joe" and then proceeds to give me a small punch to the gut which literally had me gasping ,dude did not know his own strength.

Lamar Hunt at Arrowhead's 40th Anniversary Red Friday.he was walking away on the other side of a fence and I got his attention and he took the time to turn around walk towards us,thank us for attending and then signed my 40th commemorative t-shirt.

Len Dawson at Chiefs training camp,we visited for a couple of minutes and he gave me some shit about having to ask his manager if it was okay to sign my Chiefs helmet(kidding of course) then he signed it,really great guy.

Priest Holmes at Chiefs kick-off luncheon,got his autograph and a picture with him.

Harry Carsons fromer Giant player on the eve of Super Bowl XXII in San Diego he made a comment about a Redskins hat I was wearing,he hated them and then shook my hand.

InChiefsHeaven
04-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Bobby Bell at a Chiefs tailgate party.

Eric Warfield at a post game party for the Omaha Beef. He did the coin toss. Talked to him for about 10 minutes, he was actually very cool and likeable.

Len Dawson at a Chiefs game. My wife won me tickets to the Christmas Eve game against the Seahawks in like 1994 or 95 I think. Got my picture with him. He was really nice.

Various ex-Huskers. I work with Todd Millikan, former Husker tight end back in the 80's. He played with Neil Smith, and has some pretty funny stories about him. He was drafted by the Bears, but blew out his knee in training camp and that was it for him. Probably the nicest guy I've ever met, and he looks like he could still play.

stumppy
04-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Oh yeah, I met Darryl Strawberry at a Batting Cage in Palm Springs, CA back in 1993 or 1994.

Did you ask him if he could get some cocaine for you ?

Marcellus
04-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Met several players at the Chiefs luncheon but nothing crazy to say there because basically they are there for that reason.

Met Boomer Esiason in an elevator after the Letterman Show (he was a guest) in 1991. I was surprised how big he was, he was also kind of a dick.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Met several players at the Chiefs luncheon but nothing crazy to say there because basically they are there for that reason.

Met Boomer Esiason in an elevator after the Letterman Show (he was a guest) in 1991. I was surprised how big he was, he was also kind of a dick.

NO! :eek:

I was always got that kind of vibe from him. Isn't he like the last Bengal to actually DO something in this life?
Besides Ass Hat about like Chad Johnson?

Skip Towne
04-28-2009, 09:17 PM

My parents got me Billy Martin's autograph the same way when Martin was a player. It was at a KC night club called Eddie's. It was the first time I heard the expression "Godspeed".

KcMizzou
04-28-2009, 09:26 PM
I wasn't there at the time... but my youngest brother was in bad shape and spent a lot of time at Children's Mercy when he was 4 or so.

DT and Hank Williams JR came around the hospital talking to the kids and passing out teddy bears. My grandma recognized Hank, and told Derrick she guessed he was a football player. He introduced himself and gave her a hug.

Wish I'd been there. I was 20 and DT was the MAN.

"Bob" Dobbs
04-28-2009, 09:47 PM
When I was a kid in the Philly burbs, Cookie Rojas used to live like 5 houses up from us. Years later, after we moved to Olathe, guess who moved in down the street AGAIN? Fuckin' stalker.

OnTheWarpath15
04-28-2009, 09:48 PM
When I was a kid in the Philly burbs, Cookie Rojas used to live like 5 houses up from us. Years later, after we moved to Olathe, guess who moved in down the street AGAIN? Fuckin' stalker.

LMAO

wickett
04-29-2009, 08:17 AM
I worked for a company that had courtside seats for the Miami Heat. The TV commentators were right in front of the seats. There were usually VIP's sitting at a empty scorers table next to the TV crew. A-Rod sat there during one game. My son (probably 12-13 at the time) went up and shook his hand. He asked him his name and talked to him for close to five minutes, with A-Rod asking him questions. Seemed to be a fairly nice guy. Son didn't ask for an autograph, was probably too nervous.

Another time while sitting in the same seats, Jacques Vaughn was playing for Orlando. At the end of the game, he looked at me and tugged at his jersey (I was wearing a Jayhawks shooting jersey with a huge logo on it). He came over to the table to do a TV interview, so we talked for a brief minute and he signed my ticket.

Used to go to Baltimore Orioles Spring Training in FT Lauderdale every year, just because it was down the road from the house. Most were great signing autographs for kids. Jim Palmer was kind of an ass, considering there were probably less than 10 people looking for autographs, but he did sign.

Sure-Oz
04-29-2009, 08:36 AM
My mom saw Tamarick Vanover at a jewelery store and thought he a big black guy so asked if he played football. Luckily he did haha....she got a picture with him and a a card autographed that she bought next door after meeting him. I also got Gonzo's autograph like i said earlier, Donnell Bennetts at a school thing, and he was nice as well. I also got Turk Mcbrides autograph and shots bought for my gf and I from him when we were at a restaraunt and recognized him.

I also got an autograph from DT a long time ago on an ornament during xmas time

Sure-Oz
04-29-2009, 08:38 AM
When I was a kid in the Philly burbs, Cookie Rojas used to live like 5 houses up from us. Years later, after we moved to Olathe, guess who moved in down the street AGAIN? ****in' stalker.

ROFL

My best friend lived next door to Amos Otis back in the day, but he was too young to care who he was then. His dad got a bunch of autographs though and hung out with him on occasion

Sure-Oz
04-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Also one time emil brown called one of my friends for a booty call once while we were out partying, he was a whiny bitch

EyePod
04-29-2009, 08:59 AM
At a Boy Scout dinner, we had celebrity guest speakers every year. I met, got pictures with, and got signed memorabilia from Jim Palmer and Mike Singletary.

EyePod
04-29-2009, 09:00 AM
I worked for a company that had courtside seats for the Miami Heat. The TV commentators were right in front of the seats. There were usually VIP's sitting at a empty scorers table next to the TV crew. A-Rod sat there during one game. My son (probably 12-13 at the time) went up and shook his hand. He asked him his name and talked to him for close to five minutes, with A-Rod asking him questions. Seemed to be a fairly nice guy. Son didn't ask for an autograph, was probably too nervous.

Another time while sitting in the same seats, Jacques Vaughn was playing for Orlando. At the end of the game, he looked at me and tugged at his jersey (I was wearing a Jayhawks shooting jersey with a huge logo on it). He came over to the table to do a TV interview, so we talked for a brief minute and he signed my ticket.

Used to go to Baltimore Orioles Spring Training in FT Lauderdale every year, just because it was down the road from the house. Most were great signing autographs for kids. Jim Palmer was kind of an ass, considering there were probably less than 10 people looking for autographs, but he did sign.

You're son's going to do steroids now. Watch out.

KCrockaholic
04-29-2009, 09:05 AM
One of my teachers when I was in grade school actually played against Barry Sanders in college. I always thought that was cool. He had a picture of himself attempting to tackle Barry in his room. LMAO he didnt stand a chance.

But myself. Ive met Neil Smith at Ameristar Casino. Ive also met John Cena (not a pro athlete) and he is a really cool guy. For being a WWE wrestler hes not nearly as stuck up as I thought, and was very nice. I remember wishing him goodluck at Wrestlemania, he paused for a second looked at me in the eyes and you could tell he truely appreciated his fans. I dont watch WWE anymore, but Cena was by far the coolest wrestler ive ever met. Stone Cold was an asshole, but he was a cool asshole I guess.

Reaper16
04-29-2009, 09:25 AM
Ive also met John Cena (not a pro athlete) and he is a really cool guy. For being a WWE wrestler hes not nearly as stuck up as I thought, and was very nice. I remember wishing him goodluck at Wrestlemania, he paused for a second looked at me in the eyes and you could tell he truely appreciated his fans. I dont watch WWE anymore, but Cena was by far the coolest wrestler ive ever met. Stone Cold was an asshole, but he was a cool asshole I guess.
Wrestlers are not professional sports players, but they are certainly professional athletes. It is ridiculous to say otherwise.

GoHuge
04-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Also one time emil brown called one of my friends for a booty call once while we were out partying, he was a whiny bitchSpeaking of that Dante Hall loved to be a player back when he thought he was Dante Hall. Now I'm sure we've all heard stories about him, but this one is funny. I know a girl that just loves black guys. Won't give a white guy a chance and she really likes athletes. Dante was f**king her, but as dumb as she is she thinks their dating. Dante went to Oak Park Mall and was walking around trying to get noticed. He saw a really hot girl and went up and tried hitting on her. She asked "how is Sara?" He's like "Sara who, what you talkin bout girl?" She said "the girl that is at your house right now." He still tried to play it off until she said "uh she's my sister." He turned around and just walked away.

I've never understood these girls that just throw themselves at these guys but whatever. You would think they'd figure out they're just these guys cum buckets. That same girl started f**king Neil Smith a while back and just loves to tell everybody about it. When he got tired of her he just shipped her out. She's a dumb bitch :shake:

Sure-Oz
04-29-2009, 09:29 AM
I heard dante was a player too cause one of my friends had his number too but she wasnt that type. He always wanted to hang with her and stuff, which she was cool about but she wouldn't put out for him haha

KCrockaholic
04-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Wrestlers are not professional sports players, but they are certainly professional athletes. It is ridiculous to say otherwise.

I dont think I consider him a "pro athlete" because what he does is staged. So could you define pro athlete for me to give me a better look at what is a pro athlete, and what is not?

KCrockaholic
04-29-2009, 09:32 AM
I heard dante was a player too cause one of my friends had his number too but she wasnt that type. He always wanted to hang with her and stuff, which she was cool about but she wouldn't put out for him haha

Hines Ward is a damn man whore. These little guys in the NFL are terrible.

Sure-Oz
04-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Hines Ward is a damn man whore. These little guys in the NFL are terrible.

I still remember one time my friends and I waited for emil brown after the game to get a picture and autographs. (one of my friends was obsessed with him cause he had the same last name as her) but he was all hesitant cause he wanted to leave and we finally got him to get out of his car and take a picture and get an autograph. I could care less but it was funny after he got in the car he stopped down the parking lot some and 3 blondes jumped in his car and he winked at us.

Fucking whore

Reaper16
04-29-2009, 09:36 AM
I dont think I consider him a "pro athlete" because what he does is staged. So could you define pro athlete for me to give me a better look at what is a pro athlete, and what is not?
A pro wrestler's profession is to be athletic. The perform feats of athleticism every night. For money.

KCrockaholic
04-29-2009, 09:39 AM
I still remember one time my friends and I waited for emil brown after the game to get a picture and autographs. (one of my friends was obsessed with him cause he had the same last name as her) but he was all hesitant cause he wanted to leave and we finally got him to get out of his car and take a picture and get an autograph. I could care less but it was funny after he got in the car he stopped down the parking lot some and 3 blondes jumped in his car and he winked at us.

****ing whore

haha. Sometimes I wonder about professional players lives outside of sports. Even if they suck or arent very good like Emil Brown they manage to surprise me.

KCrockaholic
04-29-2009, 09:41 AM
A pro wrestler's profession is to be athletic. The perform feats of athleticism every night. For money.

So basically any person that is athletic is a pro athlete? Is this what you are saying?

Brock
04-29-2009, 09:43 AM
So basically any person that is athletic is a pro athlete? Is this what you are saying?

Are they getting paid for being athletic?

KCrockaholic
04-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Are they getting paid for being athletic?

Oh so if they get paid to be athletic it makes them a pro athlete. I see how it is now.

Sure-Oz
04-29-2009, 09:45 AM
haha. Sometimes I wonder about professional players lives outside of sports. Even if they suck or arent very good like Emil Brown they manage to surprise me.

I know, he had LJ gear on and a bunch of chains and necklaces like he was ready to go clubbin and bang the random sluts later.

Money talks i guess, even if you suck as a sports player

Brock
04-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Oh so if they get paid to be athletic it makes them a pro athlete. I see how it is now.

What did you think "pro athlete" meant?

Iowanian
04-29-2009, 09:52 AM
I ate lunch with Bob Feller once. He was nice, but all he wanted to talk about was how he could still throw a baseball over that mountain.

Reaper16
04-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Yeah. I'm pretty sure that's what it means.

raybec 4
04-29-2009, 10:07 AM

What other criteria would it take?

Ecto-I
04-29-2009, 10:30 AM
I met Ana Ivanovic last month at the Paribas Open. Through a couple of connections, I was able to basically work security during her autograph signings. She was super nice, and very HOT!

Did the same thing with James Blake and he too was very nice.

Met Anna Kournikova after she collided into me while walking to a practice court in Montreal. Was very appologetic and gave a couple of autographs.

Spoke with Maria Sharapova on the phone. Long story, but I still have her cell phone number just in case I ever figure out a way to make a celebrity fall in love with a random guy over the phone.

My Dad met Andre Agassi and Steffi Graff on the beach just a mile from my house, and both were incredibly nice.

Met Dennis Green in the elevator at the Mariott in KC. Extremely nice and chatty.

Met Kasim Osgood a few times as we have a mutual friend.

Ran into Chuck Lidell multiple times while going to school in San Luis Obispo. That guy loved hitting up bars and college house parties.

Chatted Briefly with Tiger Woods' Mom at the Buick Open a couple of years ago in San Diego.

Delano
04-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Ran into Chuck Lidell multiple times while going to school in San Luis Obispo. That guy loved hitting up bars and college house parties.

Not surprising.

MeaTy The Pimp
04-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Priest Holmes at Chiefs kick-off luncheon,got his autograph and a picture with him.

Was Priest having the Nachos?

Mama Hip Rockets
04-29-2009, 12:44 PM
i saw manute bol at the airport in sacramento once. he is tall.

redngold85
04-29-2009, 01:48 PM
saw Vaughn Booker walking out of a Price Chopper with a huge 36-roll pack of toilet paper thrown over each shoulder...got into a big ghetto van with the license plate "BOOKA 99"

saw Dante Hall in the parking lot at the Adam's Mark/Clarion across from Arrowhead before he was Dante Hall...guy walked right past my dad and I and we didn't really notice right away, then turned around, realized who it was, then marveled at his shortness....

not a sports star, but met Brandon Boyd of Incubus while he was taking a bike ride before a show in Indy two summers ago...stopped and talked to us (mostly because my buddy intentionally walked to the center of the path to block him) and he's a really nice guy...he talked to us for about 10 minutes, snapped a few pictures with us and biked on.....

also met and talked to the guys from the band Silvertide...Walt was goofy, Nick was stoned out of his mind, Mark didn't talk, Brian just drank, and Kevin the drummer was the coolest of them all...talked to him specifically for about 15 minutes about music and being a drummer (my dad, my two younger brothers, and myself are all drummers)...coolest part was I saw him again at an autograph signing after one of their shows about a year later and he remembered me as soon as he saw me...

my cousin, Adam Seward, is a linebacker for the Panthers...so obviously I've met him

Bill Wennington, who won 3 NBA championships with the Bulls in the Jordan era, frequently comes into my Starbucks, orders a triple venti mocha and plays World of Warcraft for a couple hours on his laptop...

I think that's about it....besides a bunch of Chiefs players at numerous training camps

Tiger's Fan
04-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Was picking up tickets at the will call window at the K in the 80's, turned around and saw Sparky Anderson getting out of a cab. Shook hands and told him good luck tonight. (he was with the Tigers)

Took the stadium tour of the old Busch in the early 90's. We were in the Cards dugout, and I saw someone sitting on a folding chair up against the backstop behind home. This was about 5 hours before game time, and the guy was in baseball pants and cleats, with just a t-shirt on. I walked over and saw that it was Bobby Cox, as the Braves were in town. I shook his hand and wished him luck that night. His hand was all gnarled up like raw meat, and huge!

RockChalk
05-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Was picking up tickets at the will call window at the K in the 80's, turned around and saw Sparky Anderson getting out of a cab. Shook hands and told him good luck tonight. (he was with the Tigers)

Took the stadium tour of the old Busch in the early 90's. We were in the Cards dugout, and I saw someone sitting on a folding chair up against the backstop behind home. This was about 5 hours before game time, and the guy was in baseball pants and cleats, with just a t-shirt on. I walked over and saw that it was Bobby Cox, as the Braves were in town. I shook his hand and wished him luck that night. His hand was all gnarled up like raw meat, and huge!

Do you just walk around shaking hands and wishing people luck? :D

Saccopoo
05-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Let's see...once nailed a Chiefs players girlfriend in Lawrence, drove her and his customized, expensive German convertible back to KC, and then proceeded to get filthy stinking drunk with him and another player at the Hurricane until close on Saturday night/Sunday morning - during the season, game day. I marveled that they two of them could stand up, let alone play the game on Sunday.

Dated a girl whose parents lived next to Marty. Went to a couple of BBQs over there with her.

Mike Bell used to show up at our neighborhood's annual pig roast.

Partied with Tim Hardaway (and Naomi Campbell, but she's not necessarily a pro athlete, thus the parentheses) in the VIP room of the Crobar Club in South Beach one night.

Hung out with Joe Morgan (Reds, Fox Sports, Baseball Hall of Fame) for an afternoon.

There are others, but in all honesty, they are just people with a particular job. No better or significant than the guy picking up your trash on Tuesday morning. No reason to pedestal them for getting paid to play a kids game.

Oh, and whoever got in a fight with the Bad Company singer - nice job. One of the girls I dated ended up "dating" him for a while back in the early '90s. I heard he was a douchebag. But then, she turned out to be worthy of selection as a contestant on the Rock of Love Bus Show, so who knows.

Boon
05-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Let's see...once nailed a Chiefs players girlfriend in Lawrence, drove her and his customized, expensive German convertible back to KC, and then proceeded to get filthy stinking drunk with him and another player at the Hurricane until close on Saturday night/Sunday morning - during the season, game day. I marveled that they two of them could stand up, let alone play the game on Sunday.

Her name wasn't Donna by any chance, was it?

Saccopoo
05-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Her name wasn't Donna by any chance, was it?

No, it was not.