PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV "Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock!" Big Bang Theory discussion

arrowheadnation
04-29-2009, 05:51 PM
This has surpassed Two and a Half Men as my favorite comedy on TV. I saw some people in other threads mentioning it and thought, why not? This is definitely the smartest comedy on TV (no pun intended). The actors that play the scientists, especially Parsons/Sheldon, are incredibly talented to be able to memorize and rattle off some of the very in depth physics jargon that they do. Oh, and it helps that they have one of the hottest chicks on TV living across the hall. Kaley Cuoco mmmmmmm. I'm glad I got in on this show early. It should have a pretty long run. Anyway, here are a few of my favorite moments.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uBj7-50bloE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uBj7-50bloE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mlhHTdDqoBc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mlhHTdDqoBc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Baby Lee
04-29-2009, 05:57 PM
I think my rep as an ass and gams man is fairly well established
Kaley Cuoco is my epiphany for bewbies. It's like 'Oohhh!!! that's the appeal.'

arrowheadnation
04-29-2009, 05:59 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rfMBGB4kJFU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rfMBGB4kJFU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-qra604RbU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-qra604RbU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bango
04-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Sheldon is the main reason that I watch. It would be hard to replace him if he left for some reason. The two other sidekicks are great too. That girl on the show is average in my eyes. She needs a boob job and some work on the face to be a lot better. If she did not look like she was hit in the face several times a day then she would look so much hotter.

Baby Lee
04-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Sheldon is the main reason that I watch. It would be hard to replace him if he left for some reason. The two other sidekicks are great too. That girl on the show is average in my eyes. She needs a boob job and some work on the face to be a lot better. If she did not look like she was hit in the face several times a day then she would look so much hotter.

You shut your gat damn mouf!!!!

KevB
04-29-2009, 09:22 PM
She needs a boob job and some work on the face to be a lot better. If she did not look like she was hit in the face several times a day then she would look so much hotter.

Yeah, average. Terrible rack too. :rolleyes:

KevB
04-29-2009, 09:26 PM
This is definitely my favorite comedy on TV right now. Been watching since the first show, and it's steadily gotten better and better. Sheldon has been hilarious from the outset, but Howard and Rajesh have really filled out the show and added other really funny elements. Look forward to it every week.

luv
04-29-2009, 09:28 PM
I liked the one where she got hooked on RPG's.

Fire Me Boy!
04-29-2009, 09:28 PM
I love this show. And whatever dipshit said she needs a boob job and face work should be taken out back and beaten. Fuckin' retard.

Fire Me Boy!
04-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Boob job? I think not.

http://digitalkontent.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/8simplerules-kaley-cuoco-amy-davidson.jpg

KcMizzou
04-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Boob job? I think not.

http://digitalkontent.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/8simplerules-kaley-cuoco-amy-davidson.jpgOh my...

Suddenly, I'm very interested.

Jilly
04-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Boob job? I think not.

http://digitalkontent.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/8simplerules-kaley-cuoco-amy-davidson.jpg

I think I need a moment.

Fish
04-30-2009, 09:53 AM
That girl on the show is average in my eyes. She needs a boob job and some work on the face to be a lot better. If she did not look like she was hit in the face several times a day then she would look so much hotter.

A neg rep wouldn't even do justice...... are you a Communist?

Otter
04-30-2009, 12:43 PM
This is definitely my favorite comedy on TV right now. Been watching since the first show, and it's steadily gotten better and better. Sheldon has been hilarious from the outset, but Howard and Rajesh have really filled out the show and added other really funny elements. Look forward to it every week.

Agreed. I was a comp sci major and spent a lot of time in the same building as the other science majors. That guy is a quintessential neurotic, type-A personality, dry as sponge in the desert dork. He's like watching a tornado rip through from the safety of my living room after the experience of those years.

There's probably a little bit of me in there as well for better or worse.

But yeah, he is the show. Everyone else is just along for the ride. Best show on TV right now.

DaKCMan AP
04-30-2009, 02:06 PM
That girl on the show is average in my eyes. She needs a boob job and some work on the face to be a lot better. If she did not look like she was hit in the face several times a day then she would look so much hotter.

:spock::shake::rolleyes::eek:STFU:grr::doh!::mad::harumph::huh::banghead::cuss::#:stupid::BS:

Otter
04-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah, average. Terrible rack too. :rolleyes:

That's an incredible bod, wow. She may not have Jennifer Anostine's facial beauty but "average"?

I'd be interested is seeing what kind of tail your landing to have such high standards Bango.

bango
04-30-2009, 05:33 PM
New evidence has caused me to retract my remark made about her thingies. They do hang a little low, but they are still not bad. Maybe she should wear a bra that is not so tight, or not one at all. She should not wear such baggy clothes either. That would help her show off what should be shown off. I will not take back what was said about her face. She has the nose of a boxer that has lost too many fights. The rest of her is very good She does have really nice eyes, and does look like she needs to be hammered over and over again until she forgets her name.

kcxiv
04-30-2009, 05:34 PM
THis is a very very good show. The showdowns between Sheldon and Penny are fucking hilarious.

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2009, 08:38 PM
bango, obviously, sucks the penis...

bango
04-30-2009, 08:49 PM
bango, obviously, sucks the penis...

When turn on the television, open a magazine and other print, or watch a movie I want perfection. I want to see nines in entertainment media. If I had wanted to see a slightly above average wench then I would go to the store or something.

KevB
04-30-2009, 10:01 PM
When turn on the television, open a magazine and other print, or watch a movie I want perfection. I want to see nines in entertainment media. If I had wanted to see a slightly above average wench then I would go to the store or something.

The thing is, her imperfections make it at least slightly possible she'd spend any time with these four dorks. If she were Gisele Bundchen, it wouldn't work as well. The comparison by another poster to Aniston is ironic. If this chick got a nose job like Aniston did, she'd probably go from an 8/9 to a 9/10 much like Aniston did.

Crush
05-01-2009, 12:24 AM

Bad troll. 0/10

BWillie
05-01-2009, 02:13 AM
I must be the only person that thinks this show sucks. Not into the dorky theme. I've only seen it a handful of times though, maybe I should watch it closer. Rules of Engagement is pretty good though.

kcxiv
05-01-2009, 03:04 AM
I must be the only person that thinks this show sucks. Not into the dorky theme. I've only seen it a handful of times though, maybe I should watch it closer. Rules of Engagement is pretty good though.

if you cant get into a nerdy/dorky theme, then dont even bother watching it again. Thats what makes this show fun to watch. Its not the typical cool people doing cool things kind of show. Its just nerdy guys doing everyday things.

bango
05-02-2009, 12:31 AM
The thing is, her imperfections make it at least slightly possible she'd spend any time with these four dorks. If she were Gisele Bundchen, it wouldn't work as well. The comparison by another poster to Aniston is ironic. If this chick got a nose job like Aniston did, she'd probably go from an 8/9 to a 9/10 much like Aniston did.

I do agree with this. If she were hotter then she would be more likely to use them and not truely be their friend. I doubt that it would be as good or do as well if this were to be the case.

ziggysocki
05-02-2009, 06:40 PM
There are so many references to 'nerd' culture that are hilarious. Not just the standard Star Trek references either, these guys have played designer boardgames on screen for god sakes. I'm an IT guy, and me and my coworkers all LOVE this show. Also, Sheldon's white trash family/background is a great touch.

KcMizzou
05-02-2009, 06:43 PM
I caught an episode where Penny got hooked on Age of Conan, and started bugging the hell out of Sheldon, looking for gaming advice.

"People aren't supposed to be in my bedroom!"

luv
05-02-2009, 06:49 PM
I caught an episode where Penny got hooked on Age of Conan, and started bugging the hell out of Sheldon, looking for gaming advice.

"People aren't supposed to be in my bedroom!"

That was one of my favorite episodes.

StcChief
05-02-2009, 08:16 PM
I love this show. And whatever dipshit said she needs a boob job and face work should be taken out back and beaten. Fuckin' retard.alot of CPers fall into this category.

StcChief
05-02-2009, 08:22 PM
There are so many references to 'nerd' culture that are hilarious. Not just the standard Star Trek references either, these guys have played designer boardgames on screen for god sakes. I'm an IT guy, and me and my coworkers all LOVE this show. Also, Sheldon's white trash family/background is a great touch.it seems IT and or science related folks "get it" ....Penny way above their level of chick attainment works. The occasional other horny once a year science chick (Gilbert?) nice wrinkle in story.....

none techy people may have trouble grasping conversations (the story lines goes over their heads quickly) .... no real sympathy (change channel) you may never get it.

KcMizzou
05-02-2009, 08:38 PM
it seems IT and or science related folks "get it" ....Penny way above their level of chick attainment works. The occasional other horny once a year science chick (Gilbert?) nice wrinkle in story.....Yeah... Darlene from Rosanne. What's with the Rosanne connection anyway?

Leonard was one of the daughter's boyfriends, there's Darlene, and then Sheldon's mom used to play Rosanne's sister. I'm waiting for John Goodman to make a cameo.

luv
05-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Yeah... Darlene from Rosanne. What's with the Rosanne connection anyway?

Leonard was one of the daughter's boyfriends, there's Darlene, and then Sheldon's mom used to play Rosanne's sister. I'm waiting for John Goodman to make a cameo.

Leonard was Darlene's boyfriend. Darlene was the curly haired daughter. I'm trying to think of what her sister's name was.

EDIT: Jackie was her name on Roseanne.

Fire Me Boy!
05-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Leonard was Darlene's boyfriend. Darlene was the curly haired daughter. I'm trying to think of what her sister's name was.

Becky, played by Alicia Goranson and Sarah Chalke.

luv
05-02-2009, 08:53 PM

Oh, I meant Roseanne's sister on the show.

StcChief
05-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Yeah... Darlene from Rosanne. What's with the Rosanne connection anyway?

Leonard was one of the daughter's boyfriends, there's Darlene, and then Sheldon's mom used to play Rosanne's sister. I'm waiting for John Goodman to make a cameo.Yeah Sarah Gilbert..... all the way back to Little House on The Prairie.... too old school for most.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_Gilbert

Baby Lee
05-03-2009, 06:00 AM
Yeah Sarah Gilbert..... all the way back to Little House on The Prairie.... too old school for most.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_Gilbert

Unless there was some kind of infant cameo, that was Melissa you were thinking of.

MIAdragon
05-03-2009, 10:52 AM

wha?

StcChief
05-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Unless there was some kind of infant cameo, that was Melissa you were thinking of. I realized that never fixed my post.
Gilbert family girls in TV show biz pre-gradeschool on.

arrowheadnation
05-04-2009, 07:07 AM
Episode Summary for tonight's episode 22nd episode of the 2nd season. (The finale is May 18)

Penny's second date with Stuart sees her making a comment that gives Leonard new hope for a relationship with her. Wolowitz realizes there's a crucial error in a NASA project he's working on (a space toilet).

ziggysocki
05-04-2009, 07:47 AM
hahaha can't wait!

arrowheadnation
05-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Sheldon's laugh kills me! Another great episode. Looks like they're moving the finale up to next week.

Bob Dole
05-05-2009, 05:11 AM

They say she's the same but she's not the same.

Fire Me Boy!
05-05-2009, 05:39 AM
They say she's the same but she's not the same.

I'm a HUGE fan of Sarah Chalke. I liked her better than the other Becky, and I love her on Scrubs.

Baby Lee
05-05-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm a HUGE fan of Sarah Chalke. I liked her better than the other Becky, and I love her on Scrubs.

I love Sarah too, but she as a suckass Becky. Original Becky had a credible sibling rivalry with her brother and sister, and gave a lot of good comedy arguing with or being embarassed by them. Chalke sleepwalked through her stint.

arrowheadnation
05-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Season Finale this Monday May 11th.

"The Monopolar Expedition"

Penny is conflicted when Leonard and his friends decide to spend the summer working - at the North Pole.

The show has already been renewed for a 3rd and 4th season!

Braincase
05-08-2009, 10:07 PM
All I know is that when there's a Penny pictorial in Maxim, I wanna see hi-res in the pics forum.

StcChief
05-09-2009, 09:04 AM
All I know is that when there's a Penny pictorial in Maxim, I wanna see hi-res in the pics forum.this.

arrowheadnation
05-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Not gonna lie, other than Sheldon's "Bazinga" comment when making a joke, the finale was not all that good IMO.

Silock
05-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Um, in the final scene, Penny wasn't wearing a bra.

Pablo
05-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Um, in the final scene, Penny wasn't wearing a bra.Noticed that; and I'm not gonna complain about it either.

Fire Me Boy!
05-12-2009, 07:08 AM
Um, in the final scene, Penny wasn't wearing a bra.

That was at least six things to enjoy (two nipples, three scenes).

arrowheadnation
09-22-2009, 08:23 AM
It's baaaaack.

LOL at Penny trying to sing Soft Kitty to console Sheldon after missing Comic-Con and Star Trek. Oh, Wallowitz's cowboy persona was funny too. I also liked Sheldon and his mother's arguments about creationism vs evolution.

Braincase
09-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Go ahead, Leonard!

arrowheadnation
09-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Wallowitz - "Dammit, if I would have known that, I would have went over and told Penny we were back."

Kuthrapoli - "Yeah, I'm sure it was first come first serve."

Braincase
09-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Wallowitz - "Dammit, if I would have known that, I would have went over and told Penny we were back."

Kuthrapoli - "Yeah, I'm sure it was first come first serve."

Too bad it was Leonard instead of Howard. Howard would've had sense enough to videotape it and post it on his personal website.

arrowheadnation
09-29-2009, 12:30 PM
The best part of Monday's episode was when Howard stopped everybody from explaining to Sheldon the line he'd crossed and made him figure it out on his own.

Silock
09-29-2009, 01:20 PM
The Lewis Black part was not funny, but the rest of the episode was pretty hilarious.

blazzin311
09-29-2009, 02:34 PM
The Lewis Black part was not funny, but the rest of the episode was pretty hilarious.

Yea I had higher hopes for the Lewis Black bit as well as soon as I saw him enter on screen. But it was a bit of a letdown. The rest of the episode I thought I was going to die laughing it was so good in parts. Brilliant show and brilliant writing/ dialogue.

:D

KevB
09-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Yea I had higher hopes for the Lewis Black bit as well as soon as I saw him enter on screen. But it was a bit of a letdown. The rest of the episode I thought I was going to die laughing it was so good in parts. Brilliant show and brilliant writing/ dialogue.

:D

I must have been in a bad mood, because I thought it was one of the weaker episodes I've seen (and I've watched it from the first show). Keep in mind, I love the show, and a bad BBT is better than 95% of the crap on the tube today. I just wasn't feeling it this show. The cricket thing didn't bring the funny like I'd hoped.

blazzin311
09-29-2009, 03:59 PM
I must have been in a bad mood, because I thought it was one of the weaker episodes I've seen (and I've watched it from the first show). Keep in mind, I love the show, and a bad BBT is better than 95% of the crap on the tube today. I just wasn't feeling it this show. The cricket thing didn't bring the funny like I'd hoped.

Maybe It was one of the weaker episodes I'm not really sure. I guess it just comes down to personal taste/ sense of humor with the jokes and scenarios presented in each episode. But something about this episode kind of hit the spot for me. I laughed pretty good. And you are correct. A weak episode for this show is better than most of the crap on TV.

Braincase
09-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Maybe It was one of the weaker episodes I'm not really sure. I guess it just comes down to personal taste/ sense of humor with the jokes and scenarios presented in each episode. But something about this episode kind of hit the spot for me. I laughed pretty good. And you are correct. A weak episode for this show is better than most of the crap on TV.

Leonard still didn't bring a camera into the bedroom... fail!

KevB
09-29-2009, 05:27 PM

Absolutely, not saying I'm right and you're wrong. Heck, most of the time I laugh at things on the show that aren't even meant to be funny because of anticipation.

The scene last season when Penny gave Sheldon Leonard Nimoy's napkin, and Sheldon excitedly said, "Do you realize what this means?! All I need is a healthy ovum and I can grow my very own Leonard Nimoy!" was one of the funniest lines ever on TV. I nearly fell off the couch.

Otter
09-30-2009, 07:44 AM

I agree on it being one of the weaker episodes but still better than 98% of stuff on TV. Hopefully nothing more than anomaly. I'm not sure if I like where they're going with the whole Leonard/Penny thing. It was much funnier when the science dorks were dealing with a girl way out of their league than the whole couple angle.

Fire Me Boy!
09-30-2009, 07:56 AM
I agree on it being one of the weaker episodes but still better than 98% of stuff on TV. Hopefully nothing more than anomaly. I'm not sure if I like where they're going with the whole Leonard/Penny thing. It was much funnier when the science dorks were dealing with a girl way out of their league than the whole couple angle.

I agree. The Leonard/Penny relationship seems forced... maybe that's what they want right now, but it's not really working for me.

blazzin311
09-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Absolutely, not saying I'm right and you're wrong. Heck, most of the time I laugh at things on the show that aren't even meant to be funny because of anticipation.

The scene last season when Penny gave Sheldon Leonard Nimoy's napkin, and Sheldon excitedly said, "Do you realize what this means?! All I need is a healthy ovum and I can grow my very own Leonard Nimoy!" was one of the funniest lines ever on TV. I nearly fell off the couch.

I know it. That last line was fricken priceless. ROFL

kcxiv
09-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Of course it seems a bit forced. ITs supposed to be really awkward. YOu got the geeky scientist and the hot blonde. She's out of his league the next day, week, month or whatever is going to just be wierd for them. They have absolutely nothing in common as far as being BF/GF go.

arrowheadnation
10-06-2009, 07:35 AM
The "tattoo sleeves" that Wallowitz and Kutherpoli wore, the positive reinforcement experiment that Sheldon did with Penny, damn last night's episode was funny. This is very quickly becoming my favorite comedy.

Fire Me Boy!
10-06-2009, 07:51 AM
Last night's episode was the best this season by far. The positive/negative reinforcement shit was hysterical.

Silock
10-06-2009, 12:46 PM
I would like to go to a goth nightclub.

Really?

Bazinga.

Later:
I thought the Bazinga was implied.

FUCKING LOL

arrowheadnation
10-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Bazinga!....Sheldon was spot on again this week.

Kuthrapali asking if he could talk after Penny yelled from outside the door was great.

And the "Rocky montage" with Sheldon and Kuthrapali was freaking hilarious!

And Howard congratulating Leonard on his "big finish" in the bedroom had me ROFL

Pink Paradise 2010
10-17-2009, 03:45 PM
that is one of the funniest clips ever

arrowheadnation
10-20-2009, 07:48 AM
"Did he just say, "Revenge is a dish best served cold," in Klingon?"

His devotion to his Meemaw was Moonpie's undoing. "WHEATON!!!!"

MOhillbilly
10-20-2009, 07:59 AM
i kinda like this show.

blazzin311
10-20-2009, 11:51 AM
i kinda like this show.

Of course you do. What's not to like. This show has brilliant dialogue in it. The characters play off eachother so well. That and the fact that it's fricken hilarious.

arrowheadnation
11-02-2009, 08:21 AM
New episodes of all shows return tonight. Can't wait. V also starts on Tuesday. Looks like it's back to watching something each night of the week.

Baby Lee
11-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Wolowitz and Raj a couple? Leonard blase about football?

Ghey.

cookster50
11-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Last nights episode I thought was the least funny one ever. Pretty disappointing. Isn't this sweeps month?

arrowheadnation
11-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Yeah, the only really funny part was Sheldon surprisingly knowing about football.

allen_kcCard
11-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I was underwhelmed as well....too much Raj and Wolowitz.

Baby Lee
02-11-2010, 10:34 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bw0XfWGrVCQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bw0XfWGrVCQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/De138QsqbmI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/De138QsqbmI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jilly
02-11-2010, 11:13 AM
I obviously don't know the language, but I'm betting that the character playing Leonard is a ten times better actor than the American version. I LOVE this show, but he's just not that great

Mr. Laz
02-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Bazinga!!

KCFalcon59
02-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Bazinga!!

That was a funny episode. Picked my son up the other day and blurted that out on the ride home and he laughed for a good 10 minutes. Fun. LMAO

arrowheadnation
02-11-2010, 11:33 AM
That ep a couple weeks ago when he was at chuck e cheese in the ball cage was freakin hilarious. I know it was kiddie humor but when he would pop up and go bazinga! I was rolling.

arrowheadnation
03-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Good return last night. "I am a scientist. I do not apologize for being right."

Jilly
03-02-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm so glad it's back.

arrowheadnation
05-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Did anybody else think that finale was just...eh. Nothing really groundbreaking other than they may have added a new character (Sheldon's girl). 2.5 Men was definitely much better last night....hilarious actually.

Fire Me Boy!
06-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Anybody remember Zack, Penny's new bf from The Lunar Excitation episode?

I went to school with that guy. I was watching it with the wife on DVR and he came on and I leaned forward and my wife asked what I was doing, and I said "I think that's Brian Smith." She goes "Who?" "Brian Smith. A friend of mine.... no, that's not Brian. Yes, that's Brian."

So I started to look him up and then thought, "Wait, I'm friends with him on Facebook, if he's in that it'll be on his page."

So I looked him up, and sure enough, the guy I did some video projects with and went to school with was on Big Bang. I haven't seen him in 10 years - pretty cool seeing him succeed like that.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1705502/

vailpass
06-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Saw BBT for the first time on an airplane 6 months ago, have DVRed all that was on since then.
Whole family loves it.
Anyone read the message from the producer that is on at the end of each episode?

vailpass
06-06-2010, 08:13 PM

I went to school with that guy. I was watching it with the wife on DVR and he came on and I leaned forward and my wife asked what I was doing, and I said "I think that's Brian Smith." She goes "Who?" "Brian Smith. A friend of mine.... no, that's not Brian. Yes, that's Brian."

So I started to look him up and then thought, "Wait, I'm friends with him on Facebook, if he's in that it'll be on his page."

So I looked him up, and sure enough, the guy I did some video projects with and went to school with was on Big Bang. I haven't seen him in 10 years - pretty cool seeing him succeed like that.

Was he the one worried about the laser blowing up the moon?

Bob Dole
06-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Anyone read the message from the producer that is on at the end of each episode?

http://www.chucklorre.com/

Fire Me Boy!
06-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Was he the one worried about the laser blowing up the moon?

ROFL

Yes. That was him.

Fire Me Boy!
06-06-2010, 09:16 PM
I do. Pause it every time.

irishjayhawk
06-06-2010, 09:17 PM
I love this show. One of my certain must-watch shows of the week.

arrowheadnation
02-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Now that we're into the 5th season, I wanted to re-visit this thread. Do you all still watch? Do you like the additions of the woman characters? Many things have changed. It's no longer a small startup piggybacking viewers off of 2.5 men, it's now a ratings juggernaut that has now beat American Idol two weeks in a row.

IMO the show has lost some of its burst, but I think that is to be expected of any show that goes over 3 seasons. I think the addition of the women, especially Amy Farrah fowler, have been spot on. That being said, this is still my favorite show on tv and I still tune in every week.

Fire Me Boy!
02-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Yep. DVR it every week and generally watch it within a couple of days. At first, Amy Farrah Fowler irritated me, but she's grown on me a lot. I love Bernadette.

Demonpenz
02-05-2012, 03:43 PM
I love the nerd girl more the kelly power and light cuco

cardken
02-05-2012, 04:02 PM
My reason for watching

Jawshco
02-05-2012, 05:10 PM
My reason for watching

Um.... Wow! Definitely a good reason!

kcxiv
02-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Yes, i do. I love this show. Im glad that something like this actually is accepted by the main stream. When i first watched it, i was like no way in hell does this show survive lol Its got nothing but dorks and 1 hot blonde.

Anyways, this show is a beast in the ratings and takes out American Idol head to head now. Thats amazin.

arrowheadnation
02-05-2012, 10:10 PM
One of my favorite scenes from the show's entire run so far... (sorry, embedding was disabled). I was literally crying the first time I saw it.

http://youtu.be/c1jGKv394Vo

02-06-2012, 10:50 AM
One of my favorite scenes from the show's entire run so far... (sorry, embedding was disabled). I was literally crying the first time I saw it.

http://youtu.be/c1jGKv394Vo

Looks like I managed to miss an episode somehow. I don't' remember that at all.

arrowheadnation
02-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Looks like I managed to miss an episode somehow. I don't' remember that at all.

Season 4 Episode 5 The Desperation Emanation

When Amy Farrah Fowler asks Sheldon to meet her mother, he starts to get worried, as Leonard tells him that meeting Amy's mother would mean she is his girlfriend (which he denied up to that point by referring to Amy as a "girl" and a "friend"). He freaks out and tries to "break up" with her. When she tells him it is only to please her mother, and that she doesn't actually want to be his girlfriend, Sheldon is relieved. He goes along with her idea and tells Amy's mother via webcam that he is having regular intercourse with her daughter, which freaks her out just like Amy wanted it to. Sheldon then asks Amy if they actually should have sex, before adding "Bazinga!".

Meanwhile, Leonard has his own problems. Frustrated by the fact that Howard has Bernadette, Sheldon has Amy, Stuart has a woman he met at Comic-Con, and Raj claims to have a girlfriend who is deaf (thus his selective mutism around women is inconsequential), Leonard invokes the "Girlfriend Pact" with Howard, last mentioned in The Creepy Candy Coating Corollary from Season 3. Howard gets Bernadette to set Leonard up on a date with one of her friends, a woman named Joy who is into fitness and martial arts. This date ends up being one of the worst in his life. However, Leonard agrees to another date with Joy because he may get to have sex with her.

Recurring characters: Mayim Bialik as Amy Farrah Fowler and Kevin Sussman as Stuart Bloom

Note: Kaley Cuoco is absent from this episode due to a broken leg sustained during a real life horseback riding accident. This is the first time that a regular cast member has not appeared in an episode. During the episode, it's mentioned that the street address of Sheldon's and Leonard's apartment building is 2311 Los Robles. Also, this episode airs Chuck Lorre's 300th vanity card.
Title reference: Leonard's desperation in wanting a girlfriend.

vailpass
02-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Yes, BBT is still on my DVR to-do list. One of the few (maybe the only one) network shows I watch. Bazinga.

phisherman
02-06-2012, 07:37 PM

I remember him being a bartender down in Warrensburg when I was in school, but I can't remember which bar. I never really knew him, but I probably trashed his place of employment more than once.

arrowheadnation
02-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Anybody catch last night's ep? I laughed a few times. Sheldon and Amy make the show for me now.

Mosbonian
02-10-2012, 12:55 PM
I love this scene for a couple of reasons...

http://youtu.be/Dcke_fM6V38

kcxiv
02-17-2012, 03:38 AM
omg, tonights episode was so damned funny. lol Sheldon and Kripky trying to play basketball. LOL

02-17-2012, 04:48 AM
omg, tonights episode was so damned funny. lol Sheldon and Kripky trying to play basketball. LOL

Go with paper because you know they would always choose Spock.

arrowheadnation
02-17-2012, 04:33 PM
This thread has finally come full circle. It began with Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard Spock....It's very simple. Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and—as it always has—rock crushes scissors.

lcarus
02-17-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm not a fan of the humor on this show at ALL, but somehow I find myself watching it a lot. For the life of me, I can't fathom why....

http://pics.wikifeet.com/Kaley-Cuoco-Feet-515480.jpg

Oh yeah...nevermind.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-17-2012, 05:16 PM
I laughed my ass off at Lorre's rant at the end of the show. If you didn't catch it, I'll post it.

vailpass
02-18-2012, 11:02 AM
This thread has finally come full circle. It began with Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard Spock....It's very simple. Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and—as it always has—rock crushes scissors.

Could you repeat that?

Jawshco
02-19-2012, 08:26 PM
You know, I'm not a Johnny Galecki fan (he did something with a former roommate of mine that was disgusting... it's a long story), but I love how Leonard is always the instigator of all of Sheldon's bad ideas. Sheldon will come up with an awful idea and when everyone is saying no Leonard is always the first one in with... "Now, hold on a second..." It cracks me up everytime.

Fire Me Boy!
02-19-2012, 08:54 PM
You know, I'm not a Johnny Galecki fan (he did something with a former roommate of mine that was disgusting... it's a long story), but I love how Leonard is always the instigator of all of Sheldon's bad ideas. Sheldon will come up with an awful idea and when everyone is saying no Leonard is always the first one in with... "Now, hold on a second..." It cracks me up everytime.

You can't start a post like that and not share the long story.

kcxiv
02-19-2012, 09:44 PM
You can't start a post like that and not share the long story.

Yep, needs to finish his story! Short story that shit up.

arrowheadnation
02-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Man...I don't know if I want to hear the story. I don't want to think less of Russ Griswold (Xmas Vacation) and Leonard Hoffstadter.

arrowheadnation
02-24-2012, 10:02 AM
My mom sent my haircut records to my new barber when I went to college.

Monty
02-24-2012, 10:06 AM
I laughed my ass off at Lorre's rant at the end of the show. If you didn't catch it, I'll post it.

I watch for those every week.....greatness!

Monty
02-24-2012, 10:08 AM
My son is celebrating his 15th today. One of his gifts is this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41NIPYStstL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

vailpass
02-24-2012, 10:51 AM
My mom sent my haircut records to my new barber when I went to college.

There isn't a hair on my body I wouldn't let that woman trim

kcxiv
02-25-2012, 04:39 AM
There isn't a hair on my body I wouldn't let that woman trim

That quote was funny, but even better is Penny's face after she said that.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2012, 06:04 AM

Absolutely.

JD10367
02-25-2012, 07:39 AM
You know, I'm not a Johnny Galecki fan (he did something with a former roommate of mine that was disgusting... it's a long story) . . .

NTTAWWT... unless they did it in your bed and didn't wash the sheets.

vailpass
02-25-2012, 10:05 AM

Same face she makes every time AFF makes one of her frequent lesbian innuendos towards her. Frigging hilarious.