PDA

View Full Version : Football Steelers Say DL Ziggy Hood Is Light Years From Playing

rrl308
04-30-2009, 02:56 AM
Starting defensive ends Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel return this season, and they will allow the Steelers to bring Hood along slowly as well as help him learn the finer points of playing end in a 3-4 defense. Hood played tackle in a 4-3 defense at Missouri. "Ziggy is light years from playing right now," Steelers defensive line coach John Mitchell said. "This is my 16th year, and (nose tackle) Casey (Hampton) is the only one that came in here as a draft choice that played consistently for us his first year. It's a learning curve for a guy to come in here and play our scheme."

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

The_Doctor10
04-30-2009, 04:53 AM
I wonder if anyone's gonna bother to let Coach Mitchell know that the light-year is a unit of distance, not time... unless he means it like 'he's miles away from playing'. But that's just silly, as that implies he's not even at the facility; it's like he's stuck in traffic, and he gets there when he gets there.

It's kinda like when George Lucas wrote the line 'You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon? It's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs!' Parsecs are units of distance. And I know Lucas tried to explain it away, but fuck off, just admit you were talking out your ass when you wrote the script, that's one of the few things people aren't pissed at you about. It's not like Star Wars is legit sci-fi anyway. It's more fantasy.

On that note, considering the ships in Star Wars are only operating with engines that can reach the speed of light or a little better, it would be almost impossible for them to get anywhere and have it matter. If the closest star to Earth is 4.8 or so light years away, you're looking at a little less time than that at the speed of light to get there in the first place, because time slows down as you approach the speed of light, or something to that extent.

ANYWAY. Tangent over; flame away if you like.

EyePod
04-30-2009, 06:08 AM
I wonder if anyone's gonna bother to let Coach Mitchell know that the light-year is a unit of distance, not time... unless he means it like 'he's miles away from playing'. But that's just silly, as that implies he's not even at the facility; it's like he's stuck in traffic, and he gets there when he gets there.

It's kinda like when George Lucas wrote the line 'You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon? It's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs!' Parsecs are units of distance. And I know Lucas tried to explain it away, but **** off, just admit you were talking out your ass when you wrote the script, that's one of the few things people aren't pissed at you about. It's not like Star Wars is legit sci-fi anyway. It's more fantasy.

On that note, considering the ships in Star Wars are only operating with engines that can reach the speed of light or a little better, it would be almost impossible for them to get anywhere and have it matter. If the closest star to Earth is 4.8 or so light years away, you're looking at a little less time than that at the speed of light to get there in the first place, because time slows down as you approach the speed of light, or something to that extent.

I wholeheartedly agree. This kind of shit bothers me all the time. Maybe the coach was just referring to the fact that Ziggy doesn't actually live where the D-Lineman practice? He could be saying that he lives 5.10334285 × 10<sup>-13</sup> light years (3 miles) from the practice facility!

Braincase
04-30-2009, 06:10 AM
I wholeheartedly agree. This kind of shit bothers me all the time. Maybe the coach was just referring to the fact that Ziggy doesn't actually live where the D-Lineman practice? He could be saying that he lives 5.10334285 × 10<sup>-13</sup> light years (3 miles) from the practice facility!

But can Ziggy Hood make the Kessel run in under 12 parsecs?

HypnotizedMonkey
04-30-2009, 07:13 AM
It's kinda like when George Lucas wrote the line 'You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon? It's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs!' Parsecs are units of distance. And I know Lucas tried to explain it away, but **** off, just admit you were talking out your ass when you wrote the script, that's one of the few things people aren't pissed at you about. It's not like Star Wars is legit sci-fi anyway. It's more fantasy.

Chalk that one up to character development! Solo was the type of dude who talks out his ass. Aren't you a little short to be a Stormtrooper? :drool:

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
04-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Somebody is wasting their time being on CP. You should be busy working on cold fusion or some other Earth shattering project. Making fun of a football coach's terminology or a movie director's comparisons aren't going to win you any Nobel Prizes. I think the average football fan gets what he is trying to say. We won't be seeing Ziggy starting for the Steelers any time soon. Relax and concentrate on the important things in life. Like helping the Chiefs get back to being a dominating force in the NFL.

Buehler445
04-30-2009, 07:34 AM

It's kinda like when George Lucas wrote the line 'You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon? It's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs!' Parsecs are units of distance. And I know Lucas tried to explain it away, but fuck off, just admit you were talking out your ass when you wrote the script, that's one of the few things people aren't pissed at you about. It's not like Star Wars is legit sci-fi anyway. It's more fantasy.

ROFL Wow. Someone piss in your Post Toasties this morning?

King_Chief_Fan
04-30-2009, 07:36 AM

literal much?

Chief Chief
04-30-2009, 08:10 AM

What's the closest distance in parsecs that your lips have been from meeting the lips of a girl? (talking here about a real live female human being, not one of your blow-up dolls)

InChiefsHeaven
04-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Ziggy played guitar...

Coogs
04-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Steelers=Super Bowl Champs with a kick ass defense.

Chiefs= Light years away from Super Bowl appearance with #31 ranked defense. Jackson nano-seconds away from playing.

Jethopper
04-30-2009, 10:15 AM

Wow......NERD.

Spicy McHaggis
04-30-2009, 11:44 AM
But can Ziggy Hood make the Kessel run in under 12 parsecs?

Yeah, but even he gets boarded sometimes.

Iowanian
04-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Well this isn't a surprise, there is no way that he'll be able to learn his gap assignments until the tutor can get him to remember his ABCs.

Its kind of a tell when he's singing the song and keeps stopping on C.

RealSNR
04-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Somebody is wasting their time being on CP. You should be busy working on cold fusion or some other Earth shattering project. Making fun of a football coach's terminology or a movie director's comparisons aren't going to win you any Nobel Prizes. I think the average football fan gets what he is trying to say. We won't be seeing Ziggy starting for the Steelers any time soon. Relax and concentrate on the important things in life. Like helping the Chiefs get back to being a dominating force in the NFL.Umm... it's interesting information. Shut up.

The_Doctor10
04-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Wow......NERD.

Your avatar has a picture of a roided-up dude with bad 80s hair in a red thong.

I don't even know what else needs to be said beyond that.

Reaper16
04-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Ziggy played guitar...
Jamming good with James and Casey and the Steelers from Pittsburg.