PDA

View Full Version : Video Games PS3 deal

cookster50
04-30-2009, 06:52 AM
For anyone looking to get a PS3.......

Go to http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gateway/?offerlink=srnowps3
If you buy an additional $3,000 within 6 months, you'll get 2 more $100 credits(1 at $1500, 1 at $3000). So, go to the US mint, buy enough dollar coins(free shipping) to reach the $3,000. Once you get them, deposit them at your bank and payoff the card. Simple as that, you get $300 off a PS3, so essentially comes out to $120 after taxes for the unit. Also, comes with no interest for 12 months.

Found this on slickdeals.net btw.

TinyEvel
04-30-2009, 08:49 PM
cue the Benny Hill music...

Ebolapox
04-30-2009, 08:53 PM
ROFL

yeah, THAT'S worth it.

04-30-2009, 08:57 PM
ROFL

yeah, THAT'S worth it.Here's how they get you though. Your ps3 is interest free but everything else you purchase is not. Unless you pay off that card each and every month they will be collecting their interest on everything else.

CHENZ A!
04-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Dammit you got my hopes up man. Been looking for a deal, but kind of afraid to buy used of CL or Ebay.

I was gonna get one last month finally, but went to the doctor instead for a routine checkup and to make a long story short... Who knew getting skin cancer removed from your stomach was so expensive? :shrug: I coulda had a PS3! what a bunch of bullshit! :cuss:

I will be working you fools in all sports or Street Fighter games very soon though. I know you are all very scared.

cookster50
05-01-2009, 06:31 AM
It isn't that much work. Order coins online, delivered to your door. All you have to do is take them to the bank. How is that hard?

Ebolapox
05-01-2009, 10:35 AM
It isn't that much work. Order coins online, delivered to your door. All you have to do is take them to the bank. How is that hard?

so you're telling me that I need to spend $3000 total in order to get a cheaper ps3?

you're fucking retarded.

Ultra Peanut
05-01-2009, 10:38 AM
The first one is an, "Okay, fine. I was buying one anyways," kind of move.

The second one, que wut

cookster50
05-01-2009, 11:06 AM
so you're telling me that I need to spend $3000 total in order to get a cheaper ps3?

you're ****ing retarded.

You buy coins from the US mint with no tax/shipping and immediately deposit it in your bank account. You are out NO money. Who is the ****ing retard?

Ebolapox
05-01-2009, 11:08 AM
You buy coins from the US mint with no tax/shipping and immediately deposit it in your bank account. You are out NO money. Who is the ****ing retard?

what part of 'buy' coins and put into your accout to PAY OFF THE GODDAMNED SONY PEOPLE OFF don't you understand, r-tard?

Buck
05-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Theres no way the US Mint would allow you to purchase money on credit, is there?

cookster50
05-01-2009, 11:09 AM
what part of 'buy' coins and put into your accout to PAY OFF THE GODDAMNED SONY PEOPLE OFF don't you understand, r-tard?

Wow, someone needs lessons in reading comprehension. Dense much?

cookster50
05-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Theres no way the US Mint would allow you to purchase money on credit, is there?

Yes, they want to get dollar coins in circulation.
http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=14692&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=27238

The United States Mint pays for standard shipping and handling of domestic orders. Any special handling will be paid by the customer.

Ebolapox
05-01-2009, 11:13 AM
If you buy an additional $3,000 within 6 months

so... let's do the math for the savant in the room...

step 1: buy ps3 ($400)--as a result, get $100 credit (hoopty damn doodoo)
step 2: purchase $3k more, get $200 of credits (so you've paid 3400, have 300 off. so you're out $3100)
step 3: take money from obviously thin air (as it's FREE!), get 3k worth of dollar coins from the gubment, and pay off the sony bill

in the mean-time, you have about 3k worth of shit that you didn't plan on buying in the first place just to get a cheaper ps3

m.o.r.o.n.

cookster50
05-01-2009, 11:16 AM
so... let's do the math for the savant in the room...

step 1: buy ps3 ($400)--as a result, get $100 credit (hoopty damn doodoo)
step 2: purchase $3k more, get $200 of credits (so you've paid 3400, have 300 off. so you're out $3100)
step 3: take money from obviously thin air (as it's FREE!), get 3k worth of dollar coins from the gubment, and pay off the sony bill

in the mean-time, you have about 3k worth of shit that you didn't plan on buying in the first place just to get a cheaper ps3

m.o.r.o.n.

Step 1. Yes
Step 2. Uhhhh, what part of buy $3k in coins, then immediately take them to the bank and deposit them and then immediately pay the $3K on the card don't you get? The only thing you are out is the time to go to the bank. Therefore your math would then be, paid 3400, got 300 off, paid 3000 from coins = out 100 (+tax on PS3).
Step 3. See step 2, nimwit.

cookster50
05-01-2009, 11:17 AM
My bad for letting people know they can get a PS3 for $120 with just a small amount of effort. I guess you'd rather pay $420.

Ebolapox
05-01-2009, 11:23 AM
I already have one, genius.

so this 3k is coming from thin air? you're borrowing money from somebody? is this money you already had (hopefully)?

here's what you're not getting... you're having to jump through hoops and buy shit you didn't need in the first place to GET THE BILL UP TO 3.4K in order to get the cheap ps3. in the meantime, unless you're gonna fence this stuff and sell it for a profit, you're a fucking moron.

let's put this in terms you understand...

say I have 1k in the bank. I want to buy the cheap ps3. I pay the initial 400, and get the 100 dollar credit (which, ftr, credits usually go toward FUTURE purchases). now, I stroll to the us mint to get 3k worth of coins, which they don't just HAND to me. I have to pay for those coins.

by paying for my ps3, let's say they let me use the credit immediately. I've got $700 in the bank now.

you're telling me the US mint is going to give me 3.4k worth of coins for a mere $700? fuck tell me where and how I can do this? it's an easy as fuck way to make a bit of cash.

cookster50
05-01-2009, 11:27 AM
I think if you actually read my post, it is pretty clear. Not sure how I can make it more clear. You buy the 3K in coins with the card(sense you have to put it on the card to get the credit). Then, take coins to your bank. Deposit said coins in your account. Pay 3K to sony card from your bank account which you just got done depositing 3k into to pay for the coins.
Can anyone help me explain this better?
From reading what others have done on slickdeals, the credit is just a credit to your card. 12 months no interest, so you don't pay the 420 for the ps3 right away, let the credits take care of it until you get all 300 in credit.

Buck
05-01-2009, 11:29 AM
I already have one, genius.

so this 3k is coming from thin air? you're borrowing money from somebody? is this money you already had (hopefully)?

here's what you're not getting... you're having to jump through hoops and buy shit you didn't need in the first place to GET THE BILL UP TO 3.4K in order to get the cheap ps3. in the meantime, unless you're gonna fence this stuff and sell it for a profit, you're a ****ing moron.

let's put this in terms you understand...

say I have 1k in the bank. I want to buy the cheap ps3. I pay the initial 400, and get the 100 dollar credit (which, ftr, credits usually go toward FUTURE purchases). now, I stroll to the us mint to get 3k worth of coins, which they don't just HAND to me. I have to pay for those coins.

by paying for my ps3, let's say they let me use the credit immediately. I've got $700 in the bank now.

you're telling me the US mint is going to give me 3.4k worth of coins for a mere $700? **** tell me where and how I can do this? it's an easy as **** way to make a bit of cash.

You are doing the math wrong I think.

PS3 - $400

Open Sony Account, get $100 Credit, makes PS3 -$300

Purchase $3000 worth of coins, now your PS3 Credit Card balance is $3300.

Take the $3000 worth of coins, deposit into your bank account.

Now your Bank Account is at +$3000.

Pay a $3000 payment on the Credit Card balance, so now your Bank Account is back to $0, and your Credit Card balance is $300.

You get credited $200 onto your Credit Card balance, so you are now at $100 for the balance.

You have to come up with that $100 on your own.

cookster50
05-01-2009, 11:30 AM
You are doing the math wrong I think.

PS3 - $400

Open Sony Account, get $100 Credit, makes PS3 -$300

Purchase $3000 worth of coins, now your PS3 Credit Card balance is $3300.

Take the $3000 worth of coins, deposit into your bank account.

Now your Bank Account is at +$3000.

Pay a $3000 payment on the Credit Card balance, so now your Bank Account is back to $0, and your Credit Card balance is $300.

You get credited $200 onto your Credit Card balance, so you are now at $100 for the balance.

You have to come up with that $100 on your own.

Thanks, that spells it out better than I was.

TinyEvel
05-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Maybe I can write a TV commercial laying this deal out.

DeezNutz
05-01-2009, 12:51 PM
3000 $1 coins? lol.

How much to rent the Brinks truck to take all those motherfuckers to the bank?

mikeyis4dcats.
05-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Here's how they get you though. Your ps3 is interest free but everything else you purchase is not. Unless you pay off that card each and every month they will be collecting their interest on everything else.

there is no interest....you buy the coins then within a week you deposit them in your bank and pay off the card.

mikeyis4dcats.
05-01-2009, 04:41 PM
wow...some of you are dense.

05-01-2009, 07:00 PM
there is no interest....you buy the coins then within a week you deposit them in your bank and pay off the card.I am not a proponent of purchasing the coins. If you choose to just use the card as your primary purchasing card you will have interest on it irregardless of the $400 intrest free balance for the PS3. In order for everything to be interest free, you need to pay off the $400 PS3 as well otherwise you don't have a zero balance at the end of the month.

His way works if you want to go to all that trouble though. I'm not saying it won't.

mikeyis4dcats.
05-02-2009, 09:28 AM
I am not a proponent of purchasing the coins. If you choose to just use the card as your primary purchasing card you will have interest on it irregardless of the $400 intrest free balance for the PS3. In order for everything to be interest free, you need to pay off the $400 PS3 as well otherwise you don't have a zero balance at the end of the month.

His way works if you want to go to all that trouble though. I'm not saying it won't.

it is a deal that may not work for all. I would have done it had I not already had a PS3. This deal has been around for months and is a viable deal. I have plenty of credit to make the purchase, and understand it would cost me a little (but a lot less than buying one outright). For some people, it's the art of the deal, as much as it is how much you save.

You'd be amazed at some of the deals I have gotten and at some of the deals that have been out there.

For example, I once got over $600 in tools from Amazon for about $160.

KCFalcon59
05-02-2009, 09:41 AM
cue the Benny Hill music...

Here you go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg)