PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Dynasty Fantasy League Rookie Draft

The Bad Guy
05-01-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm having my Dynasty league rookie draft this week. Wanted to solicit some opinions on which way to go.

My team looks like this (not the greatest, but not the worst)

QB- Carson Palmer, Phillip Rivers
RB- Frank Gore, Kevin Smith, Willie Parker, Ahmad Bradshaw, BenJarvis Green Ellis
WR- Braylon Edwards, Donald Driver, Vincent Jackson, Devin Hester, Antonio Bryant
TE- Antonio Gates, Donald Lee
K- Josh Brown, Ryan Longwell

I have the 2nd overall pick in each round.

Who would be your top 5 players to take?

I'm leaning toward this being my list.

1. Knowshon Moreno
2. Michael Crabtree
3. Chris Wells
4. Jeremy Maclin
5. Donald Brown
6. Hakeem Nicks
7. Percy Harvin
8. Darrius Haywood-Bey
9. Mark Sanchez
10. Lasean McCoy

DeezNutz
05-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Top of the list doesn't look very strong to me. Not a fan of Moreno at #1.

The Bad Guy
05-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Top of the list doesn't look very strong to me. Not a fan of Moreno at #1.

It's not a QB-heavy league at all. It's a PPR league too, so the RBs that catch passes will have a lot of value.

I agree that the top is weak, but when the class sucks, the fantasy draft class is going to suck as well.

DeezNutz
05-01-2009, 02:26 PM
It's not a QB-heavy league at all. It's a PPR league too, so the RBs that catch passes will have a lot of value.

I agree that the top is weak, but when the class sucks, the fantasy draft class is going to suck as well.

What I'm saying is that you could damn near re-number that thing starting at #3. Have this as #1 and go down from there, with Moreno and Crabtree being #9 and #10.

The Bad Guy
05-01-2009, 02:30 PM
What I'm saying is that you could damn near re-number that thing starting at #3. Have this as #1 and go down from there, with Moreno and Crabtree being #9 and #10.

I'd like to see your list to compare.

DeezNutz
05-01-2009, 02:35 PM
I'd like to see your list to compare.

1. Wells
2. Harvin
3. Nicks
4. Maclin
5. Brown

Given your QB situation and Palmer injury questions, I'd think you'd have to give serious consideration to elevating Stafford/Sanchez. I have no faith in Carson's ability to stay healthy, so one of those two would be very high on my board.

MoreLemonPledge
05-01-2009, 02:40 PM
You forgot Shonn Greene. There's talk that he may be starting this year, and the Jets are going to be running the ball quite a bit with a rookie QB. It might sound crazy, but he's my number one. Thomas Jones is 31 and expecting a new contract. If Greene looks good in camp, they might just cut Jones.

Crabtree's an elite talent, but his QB situation is terrible and he's on a team that would run all three downs if possible. This won't be a Calvin Johnson-type situation.

It's been said that Moreno will be in a timeshare with Buckhalter. Throw in Lamont Jordan and that backfield situation is pretty murky.

Wells will probably be the starter but is on a team with the fewest rushing attempts last year (or close to). He'll also be losing goal line carries to Hightower.

We all saw how well DeSean Jackson did last year with the Eagles, and Maclin is a much better prospect.

Here's how I would rank it:

1. Shonn Greene
2. Jeremy Maclin
3. Donald Brown
4. Hakeem Nicks
5. Chris Wells
6. Knowshon Moreno
7. Michael Crabtree
8. Mark Sanchez
9. LeSean McCoy
10. Percy Harvin

There's some other guys to put on your radar, like Brian Robiskie, Pat White (could be the starter in a spread offense built around him. Very excited about him), Kenny Britt, and Juaquin Iglesias.

Kyle DeLexus
05-01-2009, 02:46 PM
You forgot Shonn Greene. There's talk that he may be starting this year, and the Jets are going to be running the ball quite a bit with a rookie QB. It might sound crazy, but he's my number one. Thomas Jones is 31 and expecting a new contract. If Greene looks good in camp, they might just cut Jones.

Crabtree's an elite talent, but his QB situation is terrible and he's on a team that would run all three downs if possible. This won't be a Calvin Johnson-type situation.

It's been said that Moreno will be in a timeshare with Buckhalter. Throw in Lamont Jordan and that backfield situation is pretty murky.

Wells will probably be the starter but is on a team with the fewest rushing attempts last year (or close to). He'll also be losing goal line carries to Hightower.

We all saw how well DeSean Jackson did last year with the Eagles, and Maclin is a much better prospect.

Here's how I would rank it:

1. Shonn Greene
2. Jeremy Maclin
3. Donald Brown
4. Hakeem Nicks
5. Chris Wells
6. Knowshon Moreno
7. Michael Crabtree
8. Mark Sanchez
9. LeSean McCoy
10. Hakeem Nicks

There's some other guys to put on your radar, like Brian Robiskie, Pat White (could be the starter in a spread offense built around him. Very excited about him), Kenny Britt, and Juaquin Iglesias.

I am in no way good at punctuation, but I have to say that this is the first time I've ever seen the end of a sentence and beginning of a new one in ( )'s.

MoreLemonPledge
05-01-2009, 02:49 PM
I am in now way good at punctuation, but I have to say that this is the first time I've ever seen the end of a sentence and beginning of a new one in ( )'s.

:p

And I have Hakeem Nicks on there twice. Number 10 should be Harvin.

Kyle DeLexus
05-01-2009, 02:56 PM
:p

And I have Hakeem Nicks on there twice. Number 10 should be Harvin.

That's why I normally don't correct other people :)

Mr. Arrowhead
05-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Yup i just had mine, and through trades i ended up with 2 first round picks, so i ended up with Wells and Harvin, so im pretty pleased

The Bad Guy
05-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I ended up taking Chris Wells at 2. Now I can pair him with Gore and put Kevin Smith as my utility.