PDA

View Full Version : What players would you like to see gone after this season?cut

BigChiefFan
09-24-2001, 08:24 AM
I'm like alot of others,who are getting frustrated with the same old-same old.So I am playing GM and cutting the players who I feel don't contribute or contribute very little.
Todd Peterson-gone 33% field goals made this year-Lame
Larry Parker-how long does it take to develop into a WR?
Jason Dunn-1big play in 2 years-dropped passes-bye
How about LB corp,we are getting up there in age-who will fill in?Patton-12years,Bush-9yrs,Edwards-6 years,we need to think of the future-O'neal?,Maslowski?,Stills?for the future-scary
We need to have a good draft in the future,I would rather tank the season and pick up A good rookie,like DeShaun Foster.We need help in all the skill positions-WR,RB,K,QB, it is time for a 1000 rusher-10years time is enough.Who would replace?
Getting frustarted,but not giving up.

Phobia
09-24-2001, 08:25 AM
I'd like to see Kevin Kasper cut....

Then, I'd like to see him signed....

BigChiefFan
09-24-2001, 08:41 AM
Surely,you can't be happy with our currnet personell.Any comments?

jcroft
09-24-2001, 08:44 AM
I would love to see Todd Peterson cut, and preferable before the end of the season.

I'd keep Dunn around, though...but use him for what he should be used for...blocking.

Parker seems to have potential to me, but you're right...he should only get so long to show what he can do...at some point enough has to be enough.

I think there's a good chance of DA being onge...although probably traded rather than cut. I'm not sure how I feel about this, because I've always liked the dude. But, if we could get someone in that better fits the system with the same kind of talent, then it would probably be wise...

KCTitus
09-24-2001, 08:46 AM
I think it might be about 10 or so weeks too early for this.

Phobia
09-24-2001, 08:52 AM
Well, I'm not happy with any of our DT's. I'd like to see somebody that can disrupt the backfield. Our WR position will improve when we get our injured players back.

I don't think our Spears & Wiegaman are holding down their O-Line jobs. I'd like to see upgrades there.

Peterson is glaringly obvious.

Priest Holmes isn't the back he was supposed to be, but who knows if that's him or the line at this juncture....

Clint in Wichita
09-24-2001, 08:55 AM
Cut?

Peterson, DA, Holmes.

I would not want DeShaun Foster in an early round. He's an injury and a fumble waiting to happen. KC should clearly go WR with their first 2 picks, and actually select guys that fit the offense. Holmes should be trade bait & TRich should be THE running back in all formations unless he's resting or injured.

Of course, if Green doesn't improve, they'll need to find a QB as well.

QB, RB, WR...KC seems destined to always have problems in at least 2 of these areas. :mad:

Brock
09-24-2001, 09:03 AM
Carl Peterson.

oleman47
09-24-2001, 09:07 AM
My priorities are the same as they were at the end of last season. PK, o-line, wr,qbotf,lb/cb (much better than I thought)

No rb is going to solve an o-line problem.

BigChiefFan
09-24-2001, 09:07 AM
Ok,maybe not DeShaun Foster in the 1st round(although w/the UCLA ties that is who we will likely pick),we agree that we need a RB for the future.WR is a big need,too.This next off-season,the Chiefs front office needs to be busy-spend the money on a kicker for a change,too.I know not all draft picks work out,but we need to be scouting now-quit taking Stephen Austin players and start drafting some SEC players,Big 12,etc...Go Chiefs!

htismaqe
09-24-2001, 09:09 AM
Clint,

I see what you're saying and agree to some extent...I have just one problem -- TRich's age...

Who is the RBotF in this scenario? Blaylock?

oleman47
09-24-2001, 09:11 AM
I think the quality of college football players on average is getting awesome. Although a young team may lack initial experience, the draft is the place to rebuild.

Pitt Gorilla
09-24-2001, 09:13 AM
Our DT's have been playing great. Ransom and Browning BOTH disrupted the backfield yesterday. What game were you watching?

Ethelyn
09-24-2001, 09:30 AM
What's wrong with SFA players?

Taco John
09-24-2001, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by KPhobia
I'd like to see Kevin Kasper cut....

Then, I'd like to see him signed....

LMAO!

Did you see that return he had yesterday? It was called back, but it was still impressive.

Taco John
09-24-2001, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Clint in Wichita
Holmes should be trade bait & TRich should be THE running back in all formations unless he's resting or injured.

Just curious... What would you imagine you could get in trade for Holmes? A couple rolls of pennies would be a good start...

Guys like Mike Anderson are trade bait... Guys like Priest Holmes are destined for the waiver wire... I can't imagine any team who would be willing to trade for Holmes.

BigChiefFan
09-24-2001, 10:25 AM
Ethelyn,
Nothing is wrong w/ Stephen F. Austin players,I would just like to see the Chiefs organization go after some prime time players from prime time colleges.mainly Florida,Florida State,University of Miami,Oklahoma,Nebraska,etc...players who take less time to develop-who are closer to being ready instead of "projects" like Larry Parker.It's time to win-we have waited for over 10 years for a 1000 yard rusher, 10 years-unheard of.Go Chiefs!

BigChiefFan
09-24-2001, 12:48 PM
reply for Ethelyn below.

Ethelyn
09-24-2001, 01:33 PM
Wherever you get a college player from, they have to be developed into the system of a particular NFL team. It doesn't matter where they come from BIG 12, SEC, WAC, etc.

Lzen
09-24-2001, 03:00 PM
Marvin Minnis - Florida State
Eric Warfield - Nebraska
Will Shields - Nebraska
William Bartee - Oklahoma
Victor Riley - Auburn
Jason Belser - Oklahoma

We do have players from these schools. I could give you a long list of SEC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac 10, etc. if you like.

BigChiefFan
09-24-2001, 03:31 PM
I think maybe I'm making too much out of the big School programs,however the players that you named are players that have contributed early on in their careers.You could make an argument either way. So I think more than anything I have been frustrated early on,regarding the Chiefs.I just have lost my patience,because it always seems we pay too much for underachievers and pay too little to the over achievers.I'm ready for some action,not words.Go Chiefs!

jiveturkey
09-24-2001, 03:42 PM
What players do I want to see gone.

The kicker is first to go. If we are going to miss then let us miss with someone who is going to get better and who can kick it into if not out of the endzone everytime.

Weigman is to small.

Clean house with the WR's. Everybody is saying that DA is leaving next year I hope that is not the case and if it is then please trade him. I don't know if Slymo will fit this system but I would like to see him around for a while. If our off-season is good as it should be then I think we'll be saying good bye Hall Thomas and Parker. Keep Snoop as a #4.

Thightend's: Throw it to Ricks :rolleyes: :confused:

TEX
09-24-2001, 03:57 PM
My Gone List:

1. Dan WIlliams
2. Todd Peterson (Hopefully THIS YEAR!)
3. Casey Weigman (Dude CAN'T block)
4. Dante Hall (JOKE of a return man)
5. Mike Cloud ( Admit the 2nd round MISTAKE)
6. Priest Holmes (Admit ANOTHER MISTAKE)
7. FRank Ganz Jr. (Special Teams $uck)
8. Larry Parker ( How long do we give this guy?)
9. Thomas (Who is this guy anyway?)
10. Todd Collins ( Isn't your # 2 supposed to be reliable?)

Kclee
12-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Just curious... What would you imagine you could get in trade for Holmes? A couple rolls of pennies would be a good start...

Guys like Mike Anderson are trade bait... Guys like Priest Holmes are destined for the waiver wire... I can't imagine any team who would be willing to trade for Holmes.

Sorry to bump.

But some of these are just too funny. ROFL

Iowanian
12-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Tex........I think there is a red-raspberry hand print across your cheek in the shape of Kclee's post and your typing fingers.

Saulbadguy
12-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Carl Peterson.
Some things never change.

Saulbadguy
12-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Holmes should be trade bait & TRich should be THE running back in all formations unless he's resting or injured.

Another gem.

KCTitus
12-15-2004, 11:58 AM
You guys are mean...

Kclee
12-15-2004, 01:01 PM
Titus, your sig line says it best.
I remember a time when I was fully backing Larry Atkins to be a starter.
:shake:

shaneo69
12-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Why was everybody dissing Wiegmann?

KCTitus
12-15-2004, 01:31 PM
He had an appendectomy and missed the first game...

Deberg_1990
07-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Who would replace?

Probably, Lilja, Weigmann, Thomas Jones for sure...

Saulbadguy
07-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Probably, Lilja, Weigmann, Thomas Jones for sure...

Negative rep.

Sofa King
07-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Well, I'm not happy with any of our DT's. I'd like to see somebody that can disrupt the backfield. Our WR position will improve when we get our injured players back.

I don't think our Spears & Wiegaman are holding down their O-Line jobs. I'd like to see upgrades there.

Peterson is glaringly obvious.

Priest Holmes isn't the back he was supposed to be, but who knows if that's him or the line at this juncture....

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Hammock Parties
07-29-2011, 01:01 PM

LMAO

Sofa King
07-29-2011, 01:02 PM
My Gone List:

1. Dan WIlliams
2. Todd Peterson (Hopefully THIS YEAR!)
5. Mike Cloud ( Admit the 2nd round MISTAKE)
7. FRank Ganz Jr. (Special Teams $uck)
8. Larry Parker ( How long do we give this guy?)
9. Thomas (Who is this guy anyway?)
10. Todd Collins ( Isn't your # 2 supposed to be reliable?)

LMAO