PDA

View Full Version : Football Hotels in KC

chiefbowe82
05-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Hello, I'm planning on going to the chiefs vs cowboys game on 10/11/09. I was wondering what you guys recommended for hotels. The criteria I want, is that it's close to the stadium, it's cheap, and decent. It would be nice if it was in walking distance, however I can't find any rooms for the drury inn or holiday inn on that date, and was hoping to avoid the parking fee. All help appreciated. thanks

58-4ever
05-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Hello, I'm planning on going to the chiefs vs cowboys game on 10/11/09. I was wondering what you guys recommended for hotels. The criteria I want, is that it's close to the stadium, it's cheap, and decent. It would be nice if it was in walking distance, however I can't find any rooms for the drury inn or holiday inn on that date, and was hoping to avoid the parking fee. All help appreciated. thanks

Now that they've completed the renovation on the Sheraton across the street, it is leaps and bounds better than the reviews indicate. Trust me. Plus, you won't have to pay for parking.

KCUnited
05-03-2009, 05:51 PM
hotwire.com

chiefbowe82
05-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Now that they've completed the renovation on the Sheraton across the street, it is leaps and bounds better than the reviews indicate. Trust me. Plus, you won't have to pay for parking.

Sounds like a good option, I couldn't find it listed on hotels.com
However I found their website http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3045 and it looks like there are rooms available for that time.

chiefbowe82
05-03-2009, 06:09 PM
hotwire.com

you don't know the hotel name till after you book?

KcFanInGA
05-03-2009, 07:21 PM
I have stayed at the hotel across the street from Arrowhead ( think it's a Mariott) and walked to the games. Great view of Arrowhead from my room both years!

ChiefsRoyalsMizzou
05-03-2009, 07:27 PM
sheraton

Pioli Zombie
05-03-2009, 09:01 PM
There is an awesome DaysInn in Olathe right off I-35 where you are walking distance to a mattress store and a used car lot and have a clear view of the exit ramp. Nice.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefbowe82
05-03-2009, 09:16 PM
There is an awesome DaysInn in Olathe right off I-35 where you are walking distance to a mattress store and a used car lot and have a clear view of the exit ramp. Nice.
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks man. i'll look into it

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
05-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Damn, the Adams Mark is now a Sheraton and it looks nice. Nice addition of the indoor water park. There really isn't any places to eat around there aside from Shoneys/Dennys and Taco Bell. There is a good dive bar burger shop north of that hotel but I can't remember the name.

ArrowheadMagic
05-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

119th and Strang line doesnt exactly meet the " within walking distance" guidelines .....

"Bob" Dobbs
05-03-2009, 10:30 PM
119th and Strang line doesnt exactly meet the " within walking distance" guidelines .....It does for Rich Scanlon.

luv
05-04-2009, 06:34 AM
What's your definition of cheap?

chiefbowe82
05-04-2009, 06:49 AM
Well I'm really only gonna be at the hotel, for a little bit the evening before the game, and to sleep. So I'm looking for something maybe $150 and below. I couldn't really find anything within walking distance to arrowhead on hotels.com..maybe i'm doing something wrong? I have stayed at the drury inn for one chiefs game and that was nice walking to the game, I usually stay in the lot across from dennys, it costs like $10 and isn't bad getting out after the game.

Alton deFlat
05-04-2009, 07:14 AM
119th and Strang line doesnt exactly meet the " within walking distance" guidelines .....

Yea, but there is a Hooters there, that he could watch the game from.

bevischief
05-04-2009, 08:11 AM
alot of places don't put their open rooms online till 6 months out.

stanleychief
05-04-2009, 07:46 PM
If close proximity to crack dealers, meth dealers and hookers is considered a bonus, you could check out some of the accomidations over on 40 HWY just a little bit further away.

I think if you want to get that close, you're pretty much stuck with the Sheraton.

chiefbowe82
05-10-2009, 06:23 PM
alot of places don't put their open rooms online till 6 months out.

6 months out?

chiefbowe82
05-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Looks like out of the Drury Inn, Holiday Inn, and Sheraton. Only the Sheraton had rooms available and I found their rooms through sheratons website. A bit pricey like $160.00 + after tax and according to the reviews it seems rundown and dirty, not sure if they have a breakfast

bevischief
05-10-2009, 06:52 PM
6 months out?

Especially for big events to built the hype more and prices...

Skip Towne
05-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

And it's Olathe so the weather will be perfect.

chiefbowe82
05-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Especially for big events to built the hype more and prices...

the game is less than 6 months away

Pioli Zombie
05-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Well this is where you are wrong. Its at I-35 and 135th!! So you could hitch a ride to the JoCo bus stop. I forgot to mention. There a delicious waffle house and a DMV office nearby too!
Posted via Mobile Device

LocoChiefsFan
05-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Someone should write up a post about this subject and the mods could make it a sticky. Seems like every year someone post asking about this, so the need for a sticky is definately there. And no, I'm not offering to do(have no idea actually).

Pioli Zombie
05-10-2009, 09:19 PM
I hear badgirl will have an extra room available soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefbowe82
05-10-2009, 10:04 PM
I hear badgirl will have an extra room available soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

Now that just wasn't right

chiefbowe82
05-17-2009, 10:18 PM
The hotel close to the stadium isn't that big a factor anymore, the only one with rooms available is the sheraton. Any other suggestions

sportsman1
05-17-2009, 11:58 PM
I gotta agree. The Days Inn in Olathe is class all the way. The Super 8 in Independence though is actually where I stayed last time I was in town lol.

AustinChief
05-18-2009, 03:09 AM
Not at all close BUT I recommend the Savoy. It is cheap and badass!

$100/night ($150 for a sweet suite) and you get to stay in an historic landmark PLUS you get a gourmet breakfast for free! (salmon and cavier, eggs benedict, Sauteed Lamb with Artichokes, etc etc)

http://www.savoygrill.net/history.html

I always try to pimp this place because I want them to stay in business for everytime I visit!

RINGLEADER
05-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Haven't been to a game the last few years but I'm sure they still run the busses that go to and from the stadium. If my memory is correct there are 15-20 places around town that they would pick up from.

Of course if you're looking to pay $0.00 this option wouldn't work.

RINGLEADER
05-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Not at all close BUT I recommend the Savoy. It is cheap and badass!

$100/night ($150 for a sweet suite) and you get to stay in an historic landmark PLUS you get a gourmet breakfast for free! (salmon and cavier, eggs benedict, Sauteed Lamb with Artichokes, etc etc)

http://www.savoygrill.net/history.html

I always try to pimp this place because I want them to stay in business for everytime I visit!

You don't mean THE Savoy Grill, steeped in tradition, a Kansas City landmark nearly sixty years old?

HC_Chief
05-18-2009, 09:55 AM
You don't mean THE Savoy Grill, steeped in tradition, a Kansas City landmark nearly sixty years old?

He sure do. And I agree w/ him.

Cool old landmark hotel w/ excellent food & service. Plus it is close to P&L. Excellent choice IMO.

Jilly
05-18-2009, 09:58 AM
There are three hotels within walking distance, the two you mentioned and the one with the water park that has passed through like 10 different companies in the last 8 years. If you cannot find a room there, then there isn't another hotel within walking distance. So, I would recommend staying in a hotel off of Noland Rd in Independence, as long as it's not the American Inn or the Red Roof Inn. Those are crap. There are a few hotels, right off of 70 and Noland, one of which has been recently renovated, but I have never been inside. 70 WEst takes you straight to the stadiums. Let me just emphasize that these hotels are not exactly the best in the world, but they are not such crap that you couldn't sleep in it for a night. They are the closest ones wtihout staying downtown or in an hourly rate motel off of 40 hwy. Although there's a great strip club up that direction.

Jilly
05-18-2009, 10:03 AM
The two I'm thinking of are a Super 8 (that's the one recently remodeled) and a Best Western. I think the exact street they are on is Lynn Ct. There is also a Quality Inn and Suites which is not horrible off of Noland as well.

But, if those don't tickle your fancy, you can travel a little farther East on i-70 and stay at some of the newer hotels off of Little Blue Pkwy/Jackson Dr. They are nice...there is a Holiday Inn Express, a Hilton Garden Inn, and some sort of Comfort Inn? I think.

Jilly
05-18-2009, 10:04 AM
All of those hotels have eating establishments within a mile radius.

Jilly
05-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Oh and each of them are less then a 10 mile drive to the stadiums.