PDA

View Full Version : Football LB Jesus and his Apostles rejoice

Tribal Warfare
05-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Curry, Raji among minicamps' stars (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4135310)
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

The first weekend after the draft is always the biggest for minicamps.

Twenty-six teams held either full or rookie camps to orient their draft choices and get a read on how they did over the two-day draft in New York City. It's hard to make conclusive judgments on selections. Players aren't allowed to wear pads. No hitting is allowed. Rookies' heads are swimming with the overload from the new playbook being thrown at them.

Still, any time you can put 26 coaching staffs on a field with new players, things can be learned. Here are eight things we learned from this weekend.

1. Mark Sanchez is destined to be the starting quarterback of the New York Jets in Week 1. Politically, the Jets did the right thing by having offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer say Kellen Clemens was ahead of Sanchez. Clemens is entering his fourth season. He has eight NFL starts. He should be ahead of Sanchez. But anyone doubting Sanchez' ability to win over the coaching staff and Jets fans is wearing a blindfold. Sanchez showed everyone at the minicamp that he can make all the throws. More than that, he showed leadership. The story of how he got a good portion of the offense together at the hotel Thursday night to go over the playbook is a classic example of how Sanchez's head might be more important than his arm. It's pretty clear what direction the Jets are heading. Head coach Rex Ryan is going to try to run the ball 35 times a game in order to give Sanchez light throwing days during the regular season. Of all the draft choices working this weekend, Sanchez was probably the biggest winner.

2. Matthew Stafford isn't going to be rushed into service as the Detroit Lions' starter. General manager Martin Mayhew concluded the Lions' minicamp by saying he trusts Daunte Culpepper as a starter and he'd like to sign a veteran backup. The Lions' roster isn't like the Jets. The Lions are coming off an 0-16 season, and they don't have the offensive line or two-back combination to run the ball 35 times a game. Despite playing only 16 games as a collegian, Sanchez was supposed to be more prepared to play earlier in the NFL than Stafford. Minicamp proved that. Stafford unleashed incredible throws, but he's still a work in progress. That's not to say Stafford won't play this season. The plan is for Stafford to work with the coaching staff. When he's ready, he will play. The Lions are handling Stafford's entry into the NFL the right way.

3. Seattle Seahawks coach Jim Mora wasted no time making Aaron Curry his starting strongside linebacker. Curry was one of the stars of the Seahawks' minicamp. He's 15 pounds heavier than traded linebacker Julian Peterson, but he moves so well and has such a natural instinct for moving to the ball. Middle linebacker Lofa Tatupu marveled at how naturally Curry fits into the defense during his first weekend. With Curry, Tatupu and Leroy Hill, the Seahawks have one of the best linebacking corps in football.

4. The Washington Redskins have a completely different plan for first-round choice Brian Orakpo than some people expected. At the Redskins' minicamp, Orakpo was used as the starting strongside linebacker. The plan is for him to blitz from the strong side on first and second downs. On passing downs, he will line up at right defensive end next to Albert Haynesworth, the former Tennessee Titans star who appeared dominating at his first Redskins camp. Orakpo was drafted to rush the passer. The surprise is that he won't just be doing it from a defensive end position.

5. Linebacker Shawne "roidman" Merriman served notice that he plans to be a dominating force again this season for the San Diego Chargers. "Lights Out" knows the spotlight is on him. He missed all but one game of the 2008 season because his knee needed surgery. He also knows management is looking at him with a judgmental eye. The Chargers drafted Larry English as a possible replacement if Merriman doesn't come back and dominate. Merriman is in the last year of his contract. English, though not tall, showed a relentless pass-rushing style. He's not ready to unseat Merriman, who questions those whom he said questioned his "football-hood."

6. The Carolina Panthers liked what they saw from second-round choice Everette Brown, who cost them a 2010 first-round pick to acquire in a trade. Coach John Fox knows the importance of getting a pass rush, and Brown showed he can help. Everyone noticed his first step and how he can get an edge on a blocker with that first step. One of the knocks on the pass-rushers of this draft was their lack of height compared to previous crops. For whatever reason, scouts feel more comfortable using first-round choices on pass-rushers who stand 6-foot-4 or taller. On the Panthers' official roster Brown is listed as 6-1, but he showed he can get around blockers. Julius Peppers wasn't at the minicamp because he hasn't signed his franchise tag. He probably will miss a good portion of training camp, but management feels he will be there for the regular season. In the meantime, the plan is to develop Brown as a rusher.

7. Even though Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy plans to have Ryan Pickett as the starting nose tackle, it's pretty clear the 3-4 defense is being built around first-round choice B.J. Raji. The former Boston College star didn't disappoint. For a while, Raji was practicing as the first-team nose tackle and second-team defensive end. He moves well for his size. He also seemed to fit in well with his teammates.

8. The Philadelphia Eagles' draft for offense looked even better on the field because fifth-round choice Cornelius Ingram did well over the weekend. The 245-pound tight end is coming off ACL surgery, yet caught the ball well and moved well on the field. He left camp with the thought that he could be in the playing mix this year. The team is also cautiously optimistic about the first-year impact of first-round draft pick wide receiver Jeremy Maclin. Head coach Andy Reid warns it might be hard for Maclin to match DeSean Jackson's 62-catch rookie season because Maclin comes from a spread offense. Jackson played in more of a West Coast offense at Cal. Reid said the intermediate routes are different in the spread because spread receivers run downfield or break shorter routes. Fortunately for the Eagles, Maclin seemed to pick up the intermediate routes well over the weekend.

Jethopper
05-04-2009, 05:56 PM
All here-say, east/west coast media bias.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2009, 06:05 PM
All here-say, east/west coast media bias.

I wasn't aware that the Chiefs had their min-camp this past weekend

Spicy McHaggis
05-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Anyone else think Haynesworth might make Orakpo look WAY better than he actually is?

Crush
05-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Anyone else think Haynesworth might make Orakpo look WAY better than he actually is?

Yes

bdeg
05-04-2009, 06:19 PM

no doubt, but who else is shocked orakpo is playing lb in a 4-3 when brown dropped because he lacks the athleticism to play 3-4 olb?

Pioli Zombie
05-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Has Sanchez been named league MVP yet?
Posted via Mobile Device

Simply Red
05-04-2009, 08:07 PM
i liked the 'roid-man' addition.

Pablo
05-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Posted via Mobile DeviceYeah, he's got it locked down for the 2009-2024 seasons already.

Simply Red
05-04-2009, 08:13 PM
did we ever get Ty Law, or not?

Pioli Zombie
05-04-2009, 08:20 PM
I mean you thought it was bad with Brett Favre. I gaurantee that opening week the media will make the Sanchez debut the arrival of the Christ child.
Posted via Mobile Device

alanm
05-04-2009, 09:06 PM
did we ever get Ty Law, or not?I think he came for a visit and then left.

KCrockaholic
05-04-2009, 11:28 PM
:harumph: I wont say a word...

Pioli Zombie
05-05-2009, 05:22 AM
It will be funny if Curry turns out to be all-world. The Gang Greens won't be able to bitch and moan because they didn't want him either.
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe
05-05-2009, 06:02 AM
#1 all but ensures all of you Sanchez disciples are going get a good taste of bust pie.

SenselessChiefsFan
05-05-2009, 06:40 AM
I am impressed with the story of how Sanchez prepared for the first day of minicamp practices. I know I have bashed this kid for a long time, but I will give him credit when it is due.

He landed in a good situation, other than the NY media. He is basically going to be asked to do what Flacco did last year... 'manage the game'. I am sure that I will follow this guy closer than I ever have followed a non Chiefs rookie.

Reerun_KC
05-05-2009, 06:46 AM
#1 all but ensures all of you Sanchez disciples are going get a good taste of bust pie.

does this mean that all you cult followers of Curry ensures he turns out to be Bosworthesque?

EyePod
05-05-2009, 06:57 AM

The problem is that Haynesworth is going to decline BIG TIME. He was only good in his contract years.

the Talking Can
05-05-2009, 07:01 AM
I am impressed with the story of how Sanchez prepared for the first day of minicamp practices. I know I have bashed this kid for a long time, but I will give him credit when it is due.

He landed in a good situation, other than the NY media. He is basically going to be asked to do what Flacco did last year... 'manage the game'. I am sure that I will follow this guy closer than I ever have followed a non Chiefs rookie.

the excitement level in KC would be off the charts if we had drafted him and he was doing that here....

Cassel has been doing the same thing, and no one even notices....perception....

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 08:22 AM
The problem is that Haynesworth is going to decline BIG TIME. He was only good in his contract years.

Yep. Big money free agent DT's are the biggest disappointments...

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 08:23 AM
does this mean that all you cult followers of Curry ensures he turns out to be Bosworthesque?

Neither one of them play for the Chiefs, so why are we still talking about them?

Chiefnj2
05-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Neither one of them play for the Chiefs, so why are we still talking about them?

Because this board is moving away from being about the Chiefs to being correct in your draft prognostications so you can say "I told you so, I am a CP draft guru."

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Because this board is moving away from being about the Chiefs to being correct in your draft prognostications so you can say "I told you so, I am a CP draft guru."

It kind of seems that way, doesn't it?

doomy3
05-05-2009, 09:33 AM

Yep, it's fucking stupid. It is basically unpopular to be a Chiefs fan and this is a Chiefs' message board.

doomy3
05-05-2009, 09:33 AM
the excitement level in KC would be off the charts if we had drafted him and he was doing that here....

Truth.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 10:03 AM

No one in KC has the proper NSA Security Clearance necessary to observe or report these things.
I shouldn't even be speaking of these things. Oh shit! They've triangulated my position; gotta' go!

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

No, but he was "probably the biggest winner this weekend".

It's a start. We'll see you in Canton. LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 10:07 AM

It kind of seems that way, doesn't it?

Yep, it's fucking stupid. It is basically unpopular to be a Chiefs fan and this is a Chiefs' message board.

Yes, it has NOTHING to do with exciting, first round players you fucking crybabies.:deevee:
Get over your Cassel Pity-Party; it's getting fucking annoying.

doomy3
05-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Yes, it has NOTHING to do with exciting, first round players you ****ing crybabies.:deevee:
Get over your Cassel Pity-Party; it's getting ****ing annoying.

Who's having a Cassel pity-party? Why would anyone have one of those, he is our QB? If anything you are having a Sanchez pity-party with all of the millions of threads and posts about another team's QB you are littering this forum with.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Who's having a Cassel pity-party? Why would anyone have one of those, he is our QB? If anything you are having a Sanchez pity-party with all of the millions of threads and posts about another team's QB you are littering this forum with.

You! You are having a Cassel Pity-Party every time someone mentions or posts something about a Quarterback or other high-round draft pick that happens to play for a different team.
These guys are exciting, young Quarterbacks. And their progress will be followed by football fans and media the entire season and beyond.

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Yes, it has NOTHING to do with exciting, first round players you ****ing crybabies.:deevee:
Get over your Cassel Pity-Party; it's getting ****ing annoying.

ROFL

I don't feel sorry for Cassel. I didn't even WANT Cassel. I wanted Sanchez.

So yeah, it's ME that's being annoying. :rolleyes:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 10:26 AM
ROFL

I don't feel sorry for Cassel. I didn't even WANT Cassel. I wanted Sanchez.

So yeah, it's ME that's being annoying. :rolleyes:

Okay, I felt somewhat bad lumping you in with those other two, but the fact remains that Chiefs are giving us nothing to post or report regarding rookie camp, OTA's, or well, anything. You can be a Chiefs fan when it's time to play football and win games.
Hell, Detroit isn't even in our Conference; I'm such a turncoat! :rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2009, 10:45 AM

I don't think so.

Being a "draft guru" and wanting a young, Chiefs drafted & developed QB is entirely different. Personally, I'm sick of the Chiefs organization's inability to draft and develop a QB of their own. I've lived through it my entire life, dating back to Len Dawson.

FINALLY, the Chiefs were in a position to grab a young QB to develop and instead, they again chose the "safe" option and traded for a QB with ties to the new regime. And IF he fails, the Chiefs will be in the same position then as now but likely without the opportunity to draft such a player.

Gigantic difference.

Chiefnj2
05-05-2009, 10:50 AM
I don't think so.

Being a "draft guru" and wanting a young, Chiefs drafted & developed QB is entirely different. Personally, I'm sick of the Chiefs organization's inability to draft and develop a QB of their own. I've lived through it my entire life, dating back to Len Dawson.

FINALLY, the Chiefs were in a position to grab a young QB to develop and instead, they again chose the "safe" option and traded for a QB with ties to the new regime. And IF he fails, the Chiefs will be in the same position then as now but likely without the opportunity to draft such a player.

Gigantic difference.

Herm tried it with Brodie Croyle. I suppose you'll be pulling for him to unseat Cassel.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Herm tried it with Brodie Croyle. I suppose you'll be pulling for him to unseat Cassel.

Bullshit.

Croyle was a third round QB, not third overall.

Anyone who thought that Croyle was a franchise QB in any way, shape or form should be neutered.

Immediately.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 10:54 AM

RETARD!!!! RETARD!!!!! RETARD!!!!!!
You don't even get an explanation for why that was the stupidest thing I've read this morning.
http://kimandjason.com/blog/images/idiots_breathing.jpg

Chiefnj2
05-05-2009, 11:00 AM
You can only try and develop QB's you draft in the first round? Shit. Someone tell the 49ers they made a mistake with Montana and call Belichick to stop playing Brady.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2009, 11:01 AM
You can only try and develop QB's you draft in the first round? Shit. Someone tell the 49ers they made a mistake with Montana and call Belichick to stop playing Brady.

Just shut the fuck up.

Really.

You are truly a fucking mouth-breathing, football retard.

the Talking Can
05-05-2009, 11:03 AM
No one in KC has the proper NSA Security Clearance necessary to observe or report these things.
I shouldn't even be speaking of these things. Oh shit! They've triangulated my position; gotta' go!

if you killed yourself, no one would care...just saying

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Just shut the fuck up.

Really.

You are truly a fucking mouth-breathing, football retard.

This. ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 11:05 AM

Rebuilding; get over it.4321

doomy3
05-05-2009, 11:07 AM

This. ROFL

Chiefnj2
05-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Just shut the **** up.

Really.

You are truly a ****ing mouth-breathing, football retard.

Matthews still isn't a first round talent? He won't get picked before the other USC linebackers? Does it hurt your ass hairs to have ROR swinging from them all day long?

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Matthews still isn't a first round talent? He won't get picked before the other USC linebackers? Does it hurt your ass hairs to have ROR swinging from them all day long?

Way to stay on topic, moron. And Cushing went before Matthews.

And FTR, I don't have ANY hair on my ass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 11:14 AM

Did Douchey get your balls nice and clean this morning? Do you see how fucking retarded it is to make more out of this than people happen to agree with other people more than others?

Do you think I would give two fucks if you, Douchey, and the Talking Clap were hit by a metro bus?
Just sayin...
:shrug:

SAUTO
05-05-2009, 11:22 AM
These guys are exciting, young Quarterbacks. And their progress will be followed by football fans and media the entire season and beyond.

are you saying that cassel isnt?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 11:26 AM

Hard to say; all I can find on him are a few interviews and an 8-minute highlight reel.
I sent one of my agents to film a Chiefs practice, but all I got was a fish wrapped in a newspaper at the end of the day.

SAUTO
05-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Hard to say; all I can find on him are a few interviews and an 8-minute highlight reel.
I sent one of my agents to film a Chiefs practice, but all I got was a fish wrapped in a newspaper at the end of the day.

what does that have to do with being young and exciting?

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2009, 11:28 AM

I'm not passing judgment on Cassel just yet but I'd rather take my chances with Sanchez than Cassel.

Maybe they'll both end up to be great NFL QB's. Maybe neither will be great. But with all things being equal, I'll take the younger guy over the older guy any day of the week.

SAUTO
05-05-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm not passing judgment on Cassel just yet but I'd rather take my chances with Sanchez than Cassel.

Maybe they'll both end up to be great NFL QB's. Maybe neither will be great. But with all things being equal, I'll take the younger guy over the older guy any day of the week.

THATS the ONLY argument that can make ANY sense at this point in time

Chiefnj2
05-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Did Douchey get your balls nice and clean this morning? Do you see how ****ing retarded it is to make more out of this than people happen to agree with other people more than others?

Do you think I would give two ****s if you, Douchey, and the Talking Clap were hit by a metro bus?
Just sayin...

Why do the rest of us have to suffer because all of your intelligence DNA leaked out and dried up on your moms sphincter? Can't you go root for the Jets?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 11:31 AM
what does that have to do with being young and exciting?

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/e/e5/DoubleFacepalmRickerPicard.jpg

SAUTO
05-05-2009, 11:32 AM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/e/e5/DoubleFacepalmRickerPicard.jpg

post whatever stupid pics you want. are you saying cassel is old? boring?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Why do the rest of us have to suffer because all of your intelligence DNA leaked out and dried up on your moms sphincter? Can't you go root for the Jets?

MY intelligence????

You cite Brodie Croyle as legit attempt to develop a QBOTF, and I'M the one who's riding the short bus?
I don't think you've suffered enough.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 11:36 AM
post whatever stupid pics you want. are you saying cassel is old? boring?

Do actually read the posts or just react? Aside from not being a drafted 1st rounder, and aside from being 26/27 years old, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK CASSEL IS!
NO ONE DOES!!!

SAUTO
05-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Do actually read the posts or just react? Aside from not being a drafted 1st rounder, and aside from being 26/27 years old, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK CASSEL IS!
NO ONE DOES!!!

ok so in your estimation any qb that isnt 22-25 years old and not drafted in the 1 st round CANT be exciting or young? just because YOU dont know what he is doesnt mean NO ONE doesROFL

oooooppps i forgot you annoint the ones who have done NOTHING and degrade the ones who have you know played in the NFL and proven something(albeit still with things to prove, but its better than minicamp only)

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 11:51 AM
ok so in your estimation any qb that isnt 22-25 years old and not drafted in the 1 st round CANT be exciting or young? just because YOU dont know what he is doesnt mean NO ONE doesROFL

oooooppps i forgot you annoint the ones who have done NOTHING and degrade the ones who have you know played in the NFL and proven something(albeit still with things to prove, but its better than minicamp only)

Goddamn you Sauto; go back and look at the topic and the original post! Where is Matt Cassel in the article???? WHAT IS THE TOPIC AT HAND????

Ooops! And now you revert to same, tired argument about Cassel's ONE season as a starter in the NFL!
Yay! Whoopie! Retarded!:thumb:

Saccopoo
05-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Do actually read the posts or just react? Aside from not being a drafted 1st rounder, and aside from being 26/27 years old, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE **** CASSEL IS!
NO ONE DOES!!!

You could actually watch the entire Patriots season from last year and get a pretty good idea. I heard he actually played in the NFL and played well. I know a full, successful season in the NFL isn't comparable to a two-day Jets minicamp, but it's a start.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 12:01 PM
You could actually watch the entire Patriots season from last year and get a pretty good idea. I heard he actually played in the NFL and played well. I know a full, successful season in the NFL isn't comparable to a two-day Jets minicamp, but it's a start.

I've been trying and have asked repeatedly about getting a hook up for said games since we traded, but no such luck.

But by all means and dead seriously; if you know where to look, please point the way.

Saccopoo
05-05-2009, 12:10 PM
I've been trying and have asked repeatedly about getting a hook up for said games since we traded, but no such luck.

But by all means and dead seriously; if you know where to look, please point the way.

http://www.nfl.com/gamerewind

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 12:17 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamerewind

Thank you!

SenselessChiefsFan
05-05-2009, 12:24 PM
I don't think so.

Gigantic difference.

If the Chiefs had a chance to grab Stafford, I would have agreed. Great arm, great smarts, great kid.... Just perfect prospect.

I am fine with drafting and developing a guy if you have faith in him, but don't just draft a guy because he is a QB.

Oh, and if Cassel fails, then we will certainly have another opportunity to draft a franchise QB.

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 12:24 PM

To be fair, the Chiefs have gotten more press since trading for Cassel than I can ever remember.

A full day of coverage on NFLN the day of the trade, live broadcasts from his first mini-camp, Peter King at Arrowhead on draft day, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

The only people that AREN'T following the Cassel saga are the people here that hate the move.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 12:28 PM
To be fair, the Chiefs have gotten more press since trading for Cassel than I can ever remember.

A full day of coverage on NFLN the day of the trade, live broadcasts from his first mini-camp, Peter King at Arrowhead on draft day, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

The only people that AREN'T following the Cassel saga are the people here that hate the move.

Footage please.

Chiefnj2
05-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Thank you!

Amazing that you can find dumb ass photos and youtube videos but you can't find anything on Matt Cassel.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Amazing that you can find dumb ass photos and youtube videos but you can't find anything on Matt Cassel.

Not on You Tube and not for free. But if I want to find an idiot who thinks Herm tried to develop a legitimate QBOTF in Brodie fucking Croyle, I know EXACTLY where to look, now don't I?

Bugger off.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Oh, and if Cassel fails, then we will certainly have another opportunity to draft a franchise QB.

Oh really? Like other other opportunities they've had in the past 45 years?

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Footage please.

Obviously I can't provide footage. I can only tell you that I've been watching the NFLN pretty much every day since Pioli was hired and the coverage of the Chiefs has been OVERWHELMING since then. I watched a good 6 hours the day of the Cassel trade and it's all they talked about.

DeezNutz
05-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Obviously I can't provide footage. I can only tell you that I've been watching the NFLN pretty much every day since Pioli was hired and the coverage of the Chiefs has been OVERWHELMING since then. I watched a good 6 hours the day of the Cassel trade and it's all they talked about.

LMAO

Nice username, you rebel...

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 12:59 PM

Any OTA coverage, throwing the ball? Fucking anything?

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Any OTA coverage, throwing the ball? ****ing anything?

I don't know, go check the NFL website. They had cameras at the first mini-camp - I posted a thread about it, it was the headline story on NFL Now that Saturday or whenever it was.

Chiefnj2
05-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Not on You Tube and not for free.
Bugger off.

I'll make this simple for you, because you are a damn inbred retard with half a dozen missing chromosomes. There is an organization called the NFL. They have a website called NFL.COM. On nfl.com you can look up every single game last year. They have highlights of every single game last year. If you wanted to watch a QB who played last year, you could go to nfl.com and look at last years scores and highlights. Hint: Matt Cassel played for the Patriots. After you look at the video, die.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 01:26 PM
I'll make this simple for you, because you are a damn inbred retard with half a dozen missing chromosomes. There is an organization called the NFL. They have a website called NFL.COM. On nfl.com you can look up every single game last year. They have highlights of every single game last year. If you wanted to watch a QB who played last year, you could go to nfl.com and look at last years scores and highlights. Hint: Matt Cassel played for the Patriots. After you look at the video, die.

Ah, my stupid, retarded, half-brained, kool-aid glugging FUCKTARD. Let me make this simple for YOU, you stupid, half a fuck:

Highlights do NOT in fact tell the tale of a team or an individual players total worth.

Somebody give this asswipe a fresh glass of toilet-juice and a cookie before sending his dumb ass back to pre school, "glue-eating" class, please.

Chiefnj2
05-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Ah, my stupid, retarded, half-brained, kool-aid glugging ****TARD. Let me make this simple for YOU, you stupid, half a ****:

Highlights do NOT in fact tell the tale of a team or an individual players total worth.

Somebody give this asswipe a fresh glass of toilet-juice and a cookie before sending his dumb ass back to pre school, "glue-eating" class, please.

If highlights aren't good enough for you, go on the corner and blow 20 illegal immigrants to raise the $19.99 for full access to the entire 2008 season.

seclark
05-05-2009, 01:35 PM
If highlights aren't good enough for you, go on the corner and blow 20 illegal immigrants to raise the $19.99 for full access to the entire 2008 season.

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 01:36 PM

I already pimped your mamma' to the curb, bitch; I'm sure she'll raise the green in 10 years or so.

BigRock
05-05-2009, 03:38 PM
FINALLY, the Chiefs were in a position to grab a young QB to develop and instead, they again chose the "safe" option

They didn't, though. For Pioli, trading for Cassel is FAR more of a risk than drafting a rookie.

Pioli has put it all on the line with this move. He has to be right that Cassel will be better, or at least just as good, as Stafford and Sanchez. And someone will say we never had a shot at Stafford, but nobody knew if he was going #1 back when the Cassel trade went down. By making the trade, Pioli passed on both rookie QBs. He had to think Cassel was a better option than both of them.

If Pioli is wrong, and he couldn't get a proper read on a QB who was right there in the Pats' system for 3-4 years, he will have shattered his credibility with the Chiefs fanbase with his very first roster decision. That's a big-time roll of the dice.

The only thing that even remotely makes Cassel "safe" is that his track record (one season in a proven system with an all-galaxy WR to throw to) makes him slightly less of a risk than a rookie with no track record at all. But that's practically splititng hairs. Some people act like we traded for Bledsoe or Pennington, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Cassel is nowhere close to a guarantee on the field. Trading for him was a huge gamble by Pioli in terms of credibility and reputation. I have never understood the notion that Cassel somehow represents the safter path.

If he busts, it's game over.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2009, 03:43 PM
They didn't, though. For Pioli, trading for Cassel is FAR more of a risk than drafting a rookie.

Pioli has put it all on the line with this move. He has to be right that Cassel will be better, or at least just as good, as Stafford and Sanchez. And someone will say we never had a shot at Stafford, but nobody knew if he was going #1 back when the Cassel trade went down. By making the trade, Pioli passed on both rookie QBs. He had to think Cassel was a better option than both of them.

If Pioli is wrong, and he couldn't get a proper read on a QB who was right there in the Pats' system for 3-4 years, he will have shattered his credibility with the Chiefs fanbase with his very first roster decision. That's a big-time roll of the dice.

The only thing that even remotely makes Cassel "safe" is that his track record (one season in a proven system with an all-galaxy WR to throw to) makes him slightly less of a risk than a rookie with no track record at all. But that's practically splititng hairs. Some people act like we traded for Bledsoe or Pennington, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Cassel is nowhere close to a guarantee on the field. Trading for him was a huge gamble by Pioli in terms of credibility and reputation. I have never understood the notion that Cassel somehow represents the safter path.

I agree with 90% of what you've stated here. Well done.

The disagreement lies in the fact that you've denied the fact that Cassel isn't the "safer" choice. The only reason he is considered "safer" is that he's been in the NFL for four full seasons and he's played in 16 games (with 15 starts).

In many people's eyes (and I daresay, the overwhelming majority of Chiefsplanet members), he's safer than Stafford or Sanchez because neither have played in the NFL.

Which IMO, is a ridiculous argument. But you're right.

If Cassel busts, so does Pioli.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 03:46 PM

I don't think he'll "bust", and I've said already that he gives us a faster start out of the gate.
The question is; does he excel beyond game manager and give us a truly exceptional quarterback that you can absolutely count on to make something special happen when you desperately need it to happen?
Or are we looking at Green 2.0 as Stafford and/or Sanchez excel past that benchmark, assuming they can do so?

SAUTO
05-05-2009, 05:09 PM
I don't think he'll "bust", and I've said already that he gives us a faster start out of the gate.
The question is; does he excel beyond game manager and give us a truly exceptional quarterback that you can absolutely count on to make something special happen when you desperately need it to happen?
Or are we looking at Green 2.0 as Stafford and/or Sanchez excel past that benchmark, assuming they can do so?

see the end of the jets game(and please no b.s. about the loss, he did EVERYTHING he could to win that game, they never got the ball in ot) BTW that game has been on NFLN at least 3times since the trade, and the INDY game (another loss where gaffney drops a PERFECT pass for a TD) will be on sunday if you want to watch cassel(not his best game but like i said gaffney drops a PERFECT td pass that would have made the game a W

Simply Red
05-05-2009, 05:32 PM

really? Odd. I feel the same about you.

... just sayin'

Jethopper
05-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Our Currrrrrrrrrry... is an awesome Curry... he reignsssssssss from heaven above. With glooooooooory power and love our Curry is an awesome Curryyyy

doomy3
05-05-2009, 07:14 PM

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 07:17 PM
see the end of the jets game(and please no b.s. about the loss, he did EVERYTHING he could to win that game, they never got the ball in ot) BTW that game has been on NFLN at least 3times since the trade, and the INDY game (another loss where gaffney drops a PERFECT pass for a TD) will be on sunday if you want to watch cassel(not his best game but like i said gaffney drops a PERFECT td pass that would have made the game a W

I get that, and I'll try to watch these games before camp.

What I'm saying here, is that Cassel's experience which made him a better choice than an unproven rookie on draft day, becomes his deficit once those rookies begin their careers assuming they don't bust.
If Sanchez and Stafford are not busts, and we know that Sanchez is going to start from day 1 this year while Detroit eases Stafford in to his role, do you really look forward to facing either of those guys when they hit 27 years old with all that NFL playing time under belt?

There's a definite trade-off here, that's all I'm saying. Of course at that time, we'll hopefully have traded Thigpen off to someone who's in desperate need of a starter and will have drafted an understudy of our own, and one that we will all love, respect, and agree on! :rolleyes::D

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Our Currrrrrrrrrry... is an awesome Curry... he reignsssssssss from heaven above. With glooooooooory power and love our Curry is an awesome Curryyyy

ROFL

Our Currrrrrrrry is an awesome Curry-HE SAVES!!!!!ROFL

doomy3
05-05-2009, 07:26 PM
I get that, and I'll try to watch these games before camp.

What I'm saying here, is that Cassel's experience which made him a better choice than an unproven rookie on draft day, becomes his deficit once those rookies begin their careers assuming they don't bust.
If Sanchez and Stafford are not busts, and we know that Sanchez is going to start from day 1 this year while Detroit eases Stafford in to his role, do you really look forward to facing either of those guys when they hit 27 years old with all that NFL playing time under belt?

There's a definite trade-off here, that's all I'm saying. Of course at that time, we'll hopefully have traded Thigpen off to someone who's in desperate need of a starter and will have drafted an understudy of our own, and one that we will all love, respect, and agree on! :rolleyes::D

Sanchez doesn't scare me one bit. I think he will be a good, game manager type of QB. Nothing to be scared of though.

Stafford, however, may be the best QB in the league at that point. He also could be out of the league in 4 years. He is the ultimate boom or bust prospect, IMO.

But the fact remains that we didn't have a chance to draft him anyway, so it really doesn't matter. This thread is like Mecca constantly whining because the Chiefs didn't draft Antonio Cromartie when he wanted him to. Doesn't matter that Cromartie was picked before the Chiefs had a choice, it's much easier to just be pissed about it and say "I told you so."

Jethopper
05-05-2009, 07:27 PM
PRAISE HIS NAME!

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Sanchez doesn't scare me one bit. I think he will be a good, game manager type of QB. Nothing to be scared of though.

Stafford, however, may be the best QB in the league at that point. He also could be out of the league in 4 years. He is the ultimate boom or bust prospect, IMO.

But the fact remains that we didn't have a chance to draft him anyway, so it really doesn't matter. This thread is like Mecca constantly whining because the Chiefs didn't draft Antonio Cromartie when he wanted him to. Doesn't matter that Cromartie was picked before the Chiefs had a choice, it's much easier to just be pissed about it and say "I told you so."

In retrospect, we never had an ice cube's chance in hell of drafting either of them once Pioli signed his contract and unpacked his bags.
If we were sitting at 2 instead of 3, maybe.
But even then I doubt it.

doomy3
05-05-2009, 08:07 PM
In retrospect, we never had an ice cube's chance in hell of drafting either of them once Pioli signed his contract and unpacked his bags.
If we were sitting at 2 instead of 3, maybe.
But even then I doubt it.

Many people on here knew this, at least for the last month or so. But, those people were called retarded on here because Cassel hadn't signed a long term contract by people who actually expected the Chiefs to draft Sanchez. There was absolutely no chance of that, and for some reason no one wanted to understand this. Instead, people like you said "Just wait until draft day when we draft a REAL QB," and acted like you knew something.

Now you have "retrospect."

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Many people on here knew this, at least for the last month or so. But, those people were called retarded on here because Cassel hadn't signed a long term contract by people who actually expected the Chiefs to draft Sanchez. There was absolutely no chance of that, and for some reason no one wanted to understand this. Instead, people like you said "Just wait until draft day when we draft a REAL QB," and acted like you knew something.

Now you have "retrospect."

You quoted the important part of the post, yet you didn't seem to get it. Once again; in retrospect, we had no chance in hell of signing either of them once Pioli became GM, because his mind was already made up long before the combine, and BEFORE the Cassel trade*

*That's the important part.

doomy3
05-05-2009, 08:28 PM
You quoted the important part of the post, yet you didn't seem to get it. Once again; in retrospect, we had no chance in hell of signing either of them once Pioli became GM, because his mind was already made up long before the combine, and BEFORE the Cassel trade*

Well, the combine wouldn't have helped Sanchez's case at all, and since Stafford didn't even throw, I'm not sure how it would have helped him either, although that doesn't matter because we couldn't have drafted him anyway.

You are right though, I do believe Pioli had his mind made up based on college gametape, and/or lack thereof in the case of Sanchez, and made his mind up that Cassel was the best option between the two well before the combine. Most people on here knew that when he traded for him. You, however, chose to put your fingers in your ears and stomp around on the ground like a jilted child.

bdeg
05-05-2009, 08:32 PM

you don't know that he didn't wait to make the trade until his scouts told him Sanchez wasn't worth the #3. who knows when(if) what was

entirely possible they just didn't like him

Chiefnj2
05-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Well, the combine wouldn't have helped Sanchez's case at all, and since Stafford didn't even throw, I'm not sure how it would have helped him either, although that doesn't matter because we couldn't have drafted him anyway.

You are right though, I do believe Pioli had his mind made up based on college gametape, and/or lack thereof in the case of Sanchez, and made his mind up that Cassel was the best option between the two well before the combine. Most people on here knew that when he traded for him. You, however, chose to put your fingers in your ears and stomp around on the ground like a jilted child.

Cassel hasn't signed a long term deal!! KC could still make a play for Sanchez.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 08:34 PM

So now you're going to tell me that you, unlike everyone else, just KNEW it was Cassel for sure the instant Pioli touched down at KCI with contract signing pen in hand?
You just KNEW, unlike everyone else, that "the deal was done" before the Pats slapped the tag on him?

This is what you're telling me?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Cassel hasn't signed a long term deal!! KC could still make a play for Sanchez.

:spock:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 08:40 PM
you don't know that he didn't wait to make the trade until his scouts told him Sanchez wasn't worth the #3. who knows when(if) what was

entirely possible they just didn't like him

We would have had to take it up the ass courtesy of STL to get Sanchez at three, so yes; that's EXACTLY what I'm saying.
If Pioli didn't have first crack/best shot at Cassel, Pioli does not become GM.

So write it in to the Chiefs History Book and close the chapter, because it's the truth.

doomy3
05-05-2009, 08:41 PM
So now you're going to tell me that you, unlike everyone else, just KNEW it was Cassel for sure the instant Pioli touched down at KCI with contract signing pen in hand?
You just KNEW, unlike everyone else, that "the deal was done" before the Pats slapped the tag on him?

This is what you're telling me?

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. However, once Pioli traded for Cassel, I thought he made it crystal clear that he had chosen Cassel over Sanchez, like most any intelligent person would. You, and others, tried to convince everyone that because Cassel hadn't been signed to a long term deal, we would probably draft Sanchez. Pioli likes Cassel better than Sanchez. Period.

doomy3
05-05-2009, 08:43 PM
We would have had to take it up the ass courtesy of STL to get Sanchez at three, so yes; that's EXACTLY what I'm saying.
If Pioli didn't have first crack/best shot at Cassel, Pioli does not become GM.

So write it in to the Chiefs History Book and close the chapter, because it's the truth.

This is ridiculous. I'm sure the Rams would have been thrilled to take a deal with the Jets for a bunch of castoffs like the Browns did. The Browns gave away the pick. Most likely because we drafted the guy they wanted, but they gave the pick away. The Rams would have NEVER made a deal like that.

Pioli Zombie
05-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Sanchez Messiah. Name above all names. Blessed redeemer New York Jet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 08:49 PM
This is ridiculous. I'm sure the Rams would have been thrilled to take a deal with the Jets for a bunch of castoffs like the Browns did. The Browns gave away the pick. Most likely because we drafted the guy they wanted, but they gave the pick away. The Rams would have NEVER made a deal like that.

The Rams would have TOTALLY held is ass hostage. But don't take my word for it, here's the post that convinced me:

(First, I raised your exact point)
Originally Posted by Raised On Riots
Never say never, but I have a hard time believing the Rams would have had the balls to make a move. They wanted their boy, just like Detroit, and did what everyone thought they would. Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK:

They were trying to trade out of 2 on draft day. Nobody wanted to be in the top 5, the only team that was willing to take it up the ol poop shute was the Brownies to get out of there.

Think about it, if we didn't have Cassel who would we have been picking? Would the NFL believe that Pioli was going to hitch his wagon to Tyler Thigpen?

The whole world would have known we were taking Sanchez at 3, so anyone that wanted him would have been talking to the Rams. That would have to be us as well, as we would have known that we were screwed.

I wanted Sanchez bad, but seeing the play that he got, and watching the Jets trade up from 17 told me all I needed to know. Drafting @3 Pioli made the best move he could, which was trading our 2 for Cassel.

Looks pretty fucking cut and dried to me.

bdeg
05-05-2009, 08:49 PM
ROR's next nick=NewJet???

by the way the rams wouldn't have been able to do anything. it's all a matter of whether or not Pioli calls their bluff, which both the Jets and Redskins did. I have a feeling Pioli would've too.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Sanchez Messiah. Name above all names. Blessed redeemer New York Jet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hallelujah and Bless You my child. :thumb:

kcfanXIII
05-05-2009, 08:51 PM
I mean you thought it was bad with Brett Favre. I gaurantee that opening week the media will make the Sanchez debut the arrival of the Christ child.
Posted via Mobile Device

wait, if curry is jesus, and sanchez is the christ child, one must be a false profit. there can't be two jesuses. thats how wars are started.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 08:52 PM
ROR's next nick=NewJet???

by the way the rams wouldn't have been able to do anything. it's all a matter of whether or not Pioli calls their bluff, which both the Jets and Redskins did. I have a feeling Pioli would've too.

Ruh????

Whatever. Pioli = Cassel or no leaving New England. Deal with it.

bdeg
05-05-2009, 08:54 PM
the idea that the trade was worked out pre-departure is ridiculous.

pioli was guaranteed nothing.

doomy3
05-05-2009, 08:55 PM
The Rams would have TOTALLY held is ass hostage. But don't take my word for it, here's the post that convinced me:

(First, I raised your exact point)

Looks pretty ****ing cut and dried to me.

Oh, that seals the deal. Because some poster on ChiefsPlanet said that the Rams would have held us hostage, then that convinces me too.

You're right, I didn't realize how fucking cut and dried it was.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Oh, that seals the deal. Because some poster on ChiefsPlanet said that the Rams would have held us hostage, then that convinces me too.

You're right, I didn't realize how fucking cut and dried it was.

Oooh! This just in from THISmage across the hall:

He was talking about while we were on the clock during the #3 pick.

We reportedly talked to the Lions days before the draft and they wanted no part of the #3 pick.

Like it or not, the leverage was at #2, not #3. We had no shot at trading down - our only hope was to call everybody's bluff and take Sanchez. They decided to stick to their board instead and I'm fine with that.

Cut and dried. Deal with it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 08:58 PM
the idea that the trade was worked out pre-departure is ridiculous.

pioli was guaranteed nothing.

Game Plan established on Pioli's part before departure? Yes.

Guaranteed? Not necessarily.

Still; Cut and Dried. Deal with it.

Pioli Zombie
05-05-2009, 09:00 PM
wait, if curry is jesus, and sanchez is the christ child, one must be a false profit. there can't be two jesuses. thats how wars are started.

Curry is the wolf in sheeps clothing. Sanchez has performed the miraculous. He has turned one season at USC into expectations of lifting the city of New York to the Heavens.
Mark I lift your name on High. Mark I live to sing your praises. I'm so glad your in my life I'm so glad you came to save us. You came from USC to New York to show the way. From New York to the cross our debt to pay. From the cross to the grave. From the grave to the sky. Mark I lift your name on high.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 09:03 PM
If Cassel busts, so does Pioli.

I've said this since the trade came down. People seem to think that Pioli is going to get a chance to try again if Cassel fails. I don't see that at all. Either Cassel succeeds and they're both here for 6 or 7 years or Cassel fails and they're both gone after 3. I think Carl was here for so long that Chiefs fans don't realize that other teams fire their staff after failure.

bdeg
05-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Game Plan established on Pioli's part before departure? Yes.

Guaranteed? Not necessarily.

Still; Cut and Dried. Deal with it.

Wrong. every single team knew Cassel would be available for trade, if Pioli didn't have a deal in place, which he didn't, what advantage does this 'game plan' bring?

I don't have to deal with your crazy conjecture, you can stop saying that now thanks

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 09:04 PM

The Rams were FULLY prepared to actually take him.

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 09:05 PM
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. However, once Pioli traded for Cassel, I thought he made it crystal clear that he had chosen Cassel over Sanchez, like most any intelligent person would. You, and others, tried to convince everyone that because Cassel hadn't been signed to a long term deal, we would probably draft Sanchez. Pioli likes Cassel better than Sanchez. Period.

Wrong.

I said it more than anyone else, and I NEVER said that we WOULD draft Sanchez.

I said that because Cassel hadn't signed a long-term deal we COULD draft Sanchez.

Don't sit here with hindsight and pretend that just because the outcome ended up being what you wanted that you actually knew what Pioli was thinkign. That's BS and you know it.

bdeg
05-05-2009, 09:05 PM

:spock: convince me this wasn't just posturing

why didn't they take him, then?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Curry is the wolf in sheeps clothing. Sanchez has performed the miraculous. He has turned one season at USC into expectations of lifting the city of New York to the Heavens.
Mark I lift your name on High. Mark I live to sing your praises. I'm so glad your in my life I'm so glad you came to save us. You came from USC to New York to show the way. From New York to the cross our debt to pay. From the cross to the grave. From the grave to the sky. Mark I lift your name on high.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL HALLELUJAH!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1qBPgrjuz4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1qBPgrjuz4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 09:12 PM
:spock: convince me this wasn't just posturing

why didn't they take him, then?

It doesn't matter if it was just posturing or not.

I heard a half dozen talking heads in the 48 hours after the 1st round of the draft say that the NFL people they talked to believed that the Rams might be prepared to take Sanchez but didn't buy it from the Chiefs or Seahawks at all.

It really doesn't matter what the team's actual intention was, it only matters how teams wanting to trade up perceived it. In the end, WE probably killed the Rams' chances of trading down because everybody was convinced we wouldn't take Sanchez.

kcfanXIII
05-05-2009, 09:17 PM
all i'll say is, get your popcorn ready.

Pioli Zombie
05-05-2009, 09:17 PM
I've said this since the trade came down. People seem to think that Pioli is going to get a chance to try again if Cassel fails. I don't see that at all. Either Cassel succeeds and they're both here for 6 or 7 years or Cassel fails and they're both gone after 3. I think Carl was here for so long that Chiefs fans don't realize that other teams fire their staff after failure.

Why do people think they are saying anything meaningful when they say this?
When Belichick kept with Brady had Brady failed Belichick would have failed. If Aikman was a flop then Johnson would have flopped. If Montana didn't turn out great Bill Walsh gets canned within 2 years.
Yes, Pioli's success is linked to Cassels performance
Duh.
Posted via Mobile Device

bdeg
05-05-2009, 09:19 PM
It doesn't matter if it was just posturing or not.

I heard a half dozen talking heads in the 48 hours after the 1st round of the draft say that the NFL people they talked to believed that the Rams might be prepared to take Sanchez but didn't buy it from the Chiefs or Seahawks at all.

It really doesn't matter what the team's actual intention was, it only matters how teams wanting to trade up perceived it. In the end, WE probably killed the Rams' chances of trading down because everybody was convinced we wouldn't take Sanchez.

well what you said was 'they were FULLY prepared to actually take him'
still don't understand what that means when they had the chance but chose not to
I agree with the last par though, just not the statement I was disputing.

doomy3
05-05-2009, 09:19 PM

Then why didn't they?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 09:21 PM
When Belichick kept with Brady had Brady failed Belichick would have failed. If Aikman was a flop then Johnson would have flopped. If Montana didn't turn out great Bill Walsh gets canned within 2 years.
Duh.
Posted via Mobile Device

:spock: You DO realize which franchise in the NFL we're discussing here, yes? Two GM's, 40 years, give or take, yes?

Jethopper
05-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Curry will lift you up on eagles winggggggggs.... bare you on the breath of dawn and make you shinnnnnnnne like the sun and hold you in the pallllllm of his handdddddd.

htismaqe
Duh.
Posted via Mobile Device

Because a GREAT majority of people here don't freaking believe it. That's why it's meaningful.

This fanbase watched not one QB fail but more than a DOZEN. And the GM was here for TWENTY YEARS. Chiefs fans don't yet have a good understanding of how the rest of the NFL actually works.

htismaqe
:spock: You DO realize which franchise in the NFL we're discussing here, yes? Two GM's, 40 years, give or take, yes?

Exactly.

bdeg
05-05-2009, 09:23 PM
whoa i thought that was an ultimate warrior quote for a second

htismaqe
well what you said was 'they were FULLY prepared to actually take him'
still don't understand what that means when they had the chance but chose not to
I agree with the last par though, just not the statement I was disputing.

I should have chosen my words more carefully.

The rest of the NFL actually BELIEVED that the Rams might take him. They didn't believe we would.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Curry will lift you up on eagles winggggggggs.... bare you on the breath of dawn and make you shinnnnnnnne like the sun and hold you in the pallllllm of his handdddddd.

Didn't the Ultimate Warrior become "Sting"?

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Then why didn't they?

I don't know why they didn't, nor does it matter.

doomy3
05-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Wrong.

I said it more than anyone else, and I NEVER said that we WOULD draft Sanchez.

I said that because Cassel hadn't signed a long-term deal we COULD draft Sanchez.

Don't sit here with hindsight and pretend that just because the outcome ended up being what you wanted that you actually knew what Pioli was thinkign. That's BS and you know it.

Well, of course we COULD have drafted Sanchez. We also COULD have drafted Michael Miller at #3. But as you said in a later post in this very thread, everyone in the NFL knew we weren't going to draft Sanchez, so why couldn't our board understand that?

And I don't and never have claimed to know what Pioli is/was thinking, but it doesn't take hindsight to see that this board was throwing out ridiculous hypotheticals about taking Sanchez that there was basically a 0% chance of happening.

And this thread is about Stafford anyway for some reason, who we actually did have a 0% chance of drafting.

Pioli Zombie
05-05-2009, 09:25 PM

Clark doesn't seem to be like Lamar. He wouldn't let Pioli hang around for 20 years without anything to show for it.
Posted via Mobile Device

bdeg
05-05-2009, 09:26 PM

The rest of the NFL actually BELIEVED that the Rams might take him. They didn't believe we would.

They may have wanted people to think that, but obviously the brainwashing wasn't enough to convince the jets. or anyone else interested enough to pay the price

Saccopoo
05-05-2009, 09:26 PM

Opposed to what? Brady? Romo? Cutler?

For crying out loud, get off these guys jocks. They have done absolutely nothing. Nothing. And it's a team game. Cutler, for all his tools, never got the Doncos into the playoffs. All you people thinking that the Chiefs would be miraculously saved if they had drafted either Stafford or Sanchez are either delusional or stupid or both.

Neither of these guys were of an Elway caliber, and there were questions about their games - enough of them to make numerous GM's, including our Chiefs, make Cassel their primary target. Hell, McDaniels ruined an entire franchise and his future career in the league in an effort to get Cassel on his team. If Sanchez and Stafford were considered an elite franchise level quarterback like Elway or Peyton Manning, you would have seen a complete bidding war in order for all those QB starved teams in the league (and there are a lot of them). But they aren't. They were the best quarterbacks in a really weak QB draft class, and there is no guarantee of greatness with either one of them.

Seriously. Get over it. And while you are doing that, the Curry shit is getting annoying as well. Chiefs didn't draft him, not on our team, and no one here on the CP pimped him as hard as the guys who spent the better part of the last six months polishing Sanchez's knob.

If you can't get over your latent homo-erotic fixation of Sanchez, just go purchase a Jets jersey and be done with it.

doomy3
05-05-2009, 09:27 PM

Has it ever come out from anyone other than someone on TV trying to get more ratings that there were actual offers for the Rams' pick? I saw the same coverage as you, and yes, there was the Rams GM saying they were getting all these calls, but it is very odd that those calls completely stopped at 3. Especially when Seattle and Cleveland were rumored to be interested in Sanchez too.

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Well, of course we COULD have drafted Sanchez. We also COULD have drafted Michael Miller at #3. But as you said in a later post in this very thread, everyone in the NFL knew we weren't going to draft Sanchez, so why couldn't our board understand that?

And I don't and never have claimed to know what Pioli is/was thinking, but it doesn't take hindsight to see that this board was throwing out ridiculous hypotheticals about taking Sanchez that there was basically a 0% chance of happening.

And this thread is about Stafford anyway for some reason, who we actually did have a 0% chance of drafting.

Saying there was a 0% chance of us taking Sanchez before the draft ever took place IS claiming to know what Pioli was thinking.

Suggesting that nothing is set in stone until Cassel signs a contract isn't ridiculous at all, it's realistic.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Clark doesn't seem to be like Lamar. He wouldn't let Pioli hang around for 20 years without anything to show for it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hope you're right. 35 years of jack-shit is NOT good business.

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

It's the "Show Me" state. Besides, it takes time to get used to change. "Seeming" to be different than Lamar isn't enough to change people's minds overnight.

doomy3
05-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Saying there was a 0% chance of us taking Sanchez before the draft ever took place IS claiming to know what Pioli was thinking.

Suggesting that nothing is set in stone until Cassel signs a contract isn't ridiculous at all, it's realistic.

If the rest of the league could see it, which you admit, why couldn't this board?

bdeg
Posted via Mobile Device

I think unless we continue to see top 5 picks he'll get at least a 5 year opportunity to turn it around, mostly based on his reputation but also assuming Clark agrees with moves for the most part.

htismaqe
They may have wanted people to think that, but obviously the brainwashing wasn't enough to convince the jets. or anyone else interested enough to pay the price

They weren't willing to pay the price because the whole league basically thought that if the Rams passed on him he would automatically fall to #5.

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 09:31 PM
If the rest of the league could see it, which you admit, why couldn't this board?

I'm talking about speculation of the rest of the league in the few days/hours leading up to the draft.

We've been talking about it for MONTHS.

Pioli Zombie
05-05-2009, 09:31 PM

For crying out loud, get off these guys jocks. They have done absolutely nothing. Nothing. And it's a team game. Cutler, for all his tools, never got the Doncos into the playoffs. All you people thinking that the Chiefs would be miraculously saved if they had drafted either Stafford or Sanchez are either delusional or stupid or both.

Neither of these guys were of an Elway caliber, and there were questions about their games - enough of them to make numerous GM's, including our Chiefs, make Cassel their primary target. Hell, McDaniels ruined an entire franchise and his future career in the league in an effort to get Cassel on his team. If Sanchez and Stafford were considered an elite franchise level quarterback like Elway or Peyton Manning, you would have seen a complete bidding war in order for all those QB starved teams in the league (and there are a lot of them). But they aren't. They were the best quarterbacks in a really weak QB draft class, and there is no guarantee of greatness with either one of them.

Seriously. Get over it. And while you are doing that, the Curry shit is getting annoying as well. Chiefs didn't draft him, not on our team, and no one here on the CP pimped him as hard as the guys who spent the better part of the last six months polishing Sanchez's knob.

If you can't get over your latent homo-erotic fixation of Sanchez, just go purchase a Jets jersey and be done with it.

Holy Crap!!!! This the best effen post I have read on the subject in six months. Awesome job Saccagoo!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Has it ever come out from anyone other than someone on TV trying to get more ratings that there were actual offers for the Rams' pick? I saw the same coverage as you, and yes, there was the Rams GM saying they were getting all these calls, but it is very odd that those calls completely stopped at 3. Especially when Seattle and Cleveland were rumored to be interested in Sanchez too.

I don't talk to NFL GM's, sorry. I can only go on those people on TV that you don't trust.

And across the board they've said NFL personnel people believed that the Rams were interested but the Chiefs and Seahawks weren't.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 09:32 PM

Listen you motherfucker; FUCK YOU. I will like whoever I want to like as a player, whether he wears a Chiefs jersey or not, you arrogant son of a goat fucker!

Neg rep, fuck you, fuck your mother, wife, and sister, and get the fuck out my face, bitch!!!`

Pioli Zombie
05-05-2009, 09:33 PM
I think unless we continue to see top 5 picks he'll get at least a 5 year opportunity to turn it around, mostly based on his reputation but also assuming Clark agrees with moves for the most part.

Well any GM should get 5 years unless he's a retard like Matt Millen. He won't get 20 however.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
05-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Holy Crap!!!! This the best effen post I have read on the subject in six months. Awesome job Saccagoo!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Except that the part about Curry is absolute unadulterated bullshit.

The Curry love here was EVERY BIT as bad as the Sanchez hype. He's just trying to pass it off because he was one of the worst Curry worshipers.

Pioli Zombie
05-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Listen you motherfucker; FUCK YOU. I will like whoever I want to like as a player, whether he wears a Chiefs jersey or not, you arrogant son of a goat fucker!

Neg rep, fuck you, fuck your mother, wife, and sister, and get the fuck out my face, bitch!!!`

I think Saccagoo hit a nerve in the musclehead.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 09:35 PM

Had the contract been a done deal before the draft, even I would have thrown up my hands and said, "ok, shows over".

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 09:36 PM
I think Saccagoo hit a nerve in the musclehead.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fuck him! I guess I should have hated Barry Sanders too? Arrogant fucking prick.

Chiefnj2
05-05-2009, 09:37 PM

If I say there was a zero percent chance of the Chiefs taking Mack with the third pick, does that mean I know what Pioli is thinking?

doomy3
05-05-2009, 09:38 PM
**** him! I guess I should have hated Barry Sanders too? Arrogant ****ing prick.

Overreact much? He just says to quit polishing his knob. I guess for you, it's either hate or suck their dick. Nothing in between.

Pioli Zombie
05-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Fuck him! I guess I should have hated Barry Sanders too? Arrogant fucking prick.

What about Barry Sanders?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Overreact much? He just says to quit polishing his knob. I guess for you, it's either hate or suck their dick. Nothing in between.

For someone who spends 20 posts a day staunchly defending his lover's maidenhead, who hasn't played ONE DOWN as a Chief, I find that just very fucking rich on your part.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 09:42 PM
What about Barry Sanders?
Posted via Mobile Device

He wasn't a Chief!!!! Don't you know it's blasphemy to like another player from a different team????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 09:43 PM
I was a Walter Payton fan too! Should I turn in my Flowers jersey???

doomy3
05-05-2009, 09:44 PM
For someone who spends 20 posts a day staunchly defending his lover's maidenhead, who hasn't played ONE DOWN as a Chief, I find that just very ****ing rich on your part.

Give me a fucking break.

I am not even in the same HEMISPHERE in liking Cassel the way you like Sanchez. And the main reason I am a fan of Cassel now is because he is the QB of the Kansas City Chiefs, and I am excited about having a legitimate QB option. I would be just as excited if Pioli had have decided that Sanchez was worthy of that. But he didn't, so I will actually root for the guy he thought gave us the best chance to win. I know, it's hard to believe.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Give me a fucking break.

I am not even in the same HEMISPHERE in liking Cassel the way you like Sanchez. And the main reason I am a fan of Cassel now is because he is the QB of the Kansas City Chiefs, and I am excited about having a legitimate QB option. I would be just as excited if Pioli had have decided that Sanchez was worthy of that. But he didn't, so I will actually root for the guy he thought gave us the best chance to win. I know, it's hard to believe.

Give ME a fucking break. And quit lying through your teeth; it's getting old.

doomy3
05-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Give ME a ****ing break. And quit lying through your teeth; it's getting old.

You keep saying things like this. I'm sure it will be very easy to find all these posts where I am overpumping Cassel. Go ahead, I'll wait. Shouldn't be hard since I spend 20 posts a day glorifying him.

Pioli Zombie
05-05-2009, 09:51 PM
At least Cassel has done something in the NFL to justify optimism in him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 09:54 PM
You keep saying things like this. I'm sure it will be very easy to find all these posts where I am overpumping Cassel. Go ahead, I'll wait. Shouldn't be hard since I spend 20 posts a day glorifying him.

Do you or do you not come running like a spurned little girl in a tantrum anytime I mention Stafford or Sanchez?
As far as I'm concerned, that's "pimping by deriding".

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't buy this POV.

doomy3
05-05-2009, 09:55 PM
For someone who spends 20 posts a day staunchly defending his lover's maidenhead, who hasn't played ONE DOWN as a Chief, I find that just very ****ing rich on your part.

Do you or do you not come running like a spurned little girl in a tantrum anytime I mention Stafford or Sanchez?
As far as I'm concerned, that's "pimping by deriding".

I'm still waiting on all my posts "staunchly defending my lover's maidenhead."

Please post these for all to see.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm still waiting on all my posts "staunchly defending my lover's maidenhead."

Please post these for all to see.

:spock: "All" can just follow the trail of THIS THREAD back, jack!

I mention Sanchez or Stafford, and you come running along, on cue, to start your piss and moan.

You did it in this thread, and you did it in my Stafford thread too. What part of this are you not understanding?

bdeg
05-05-2009, 10:03 PM
:spock: "All" can just follow the trail of THIS THREAD back, jack!

I mention Sanchez or Stafford, and you come running along, on cue, to start your piss and moan.

You did it in this thread, and you did it in my Stafford thread too. What part of this are you not understanding?
maybe instead of being obsessed with Cassel he's just sick of hearing about Sanchez, as are many of us here. It's like crying over spilled milk, at best.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 10:07 PM
maybe instead of being obsessed with Cassel he's just sick of hearing about Sanchez, as are many of us here. It's like crying over spilled milk, at best.

Well to each his own.

Good God; enough of this thread. I'd like to log on to this board ONE FUCKING TIME, just ONE DAY, and not want to put my fist through the monitor.

Dare to dream.:rolleyes:

doomy3
05-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Well to each his own.

Good God; enough of this thread. I'd like to log on to this board ONE ****ING TIME, just ONE DAY, and not want to put my fist through the monitor.

Dare to dream.:rolleyes:

Quit posting and it will solve that problem for not only you, but the rest of the board.

Saccopoo
05-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Except that the part about Curry is absolute unadulterated bullshit.

The Curry love here was EVERY BIT as bad as the Sanchez hype. He's just trying to pass it off because he was one of the worst Curry worshipers.

Actually, I didn't think that Curry was completely relevant because he played the exact same position as Johnson in college. I do think he's a very good player that could have made a successful switch to the Will in a 3-4 alignment, and we need a guy like that and did not address it in the draft. (It's why I would hope the Chiefs will give serious consideration to Brandon Spikes in next years draft.)

I did have the Chiefs picking Sanchez in one of my earlier mocks as well. The acquisition of Cassel negated that though.

And I did eventually warm up to the pick of Jackson at #3. (Though the Magee pick in the third round still irritates me.)

No, there was no Curry worship from me. Only objective analysis based on the Chiefs need for quality linebackers going into the draft.

And I'm definitely not sitting in front of my computer with a Costco sized bottle of lube photoshopping Sanchez's head onto gay porn stills like Raised is obviously doing.

Saccopoo
05-05-2009, 10:21 PM
**** him! I guess I should have hated Barry Sanders too? Arrogant ****ing prick.

Barry Sanders. Best running back between the 20's in the history of the game. One of the worst inside the 20's. Still leads the league in yards lost behind the line of scrimmage. Barry Sanders, for all his, um, jukability, never helped the Lions to anything other than mediocrity. If the guy learned how to run behind a fullback and hit holes and go forwards instead of laterally I could potentially see your esteem for the guy. However...

Saccopoo
05-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Bingo.

bdeg
05-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Barry Sanders. Best running back between the 20's in the history of the game. One of the worst inside the 20's. Still leads the league in yards lost behind the line of scrimmage. Barry Sanders, for all his, um, jukability, never helped the Lions to anything other than mediocrity. If the guy learned how to run behind a fullback and hit holes and go forwards instead of laterally I could potentially see your esteem for the guy. However...
let's just say that line was not suited to his abilities. like lj a couple years ago. but give him a hole..

Saccopoo
05-06-2009, 06:02 PM
And where is my Chiefs mini-camp information?

There's got to be a good story or two about some local reporter being beaten to within an inch of his life attempting to crawl over the 35' high security wall surrounding Arrowhead.

What's actually interesting is that the Lions are being amazingly open with the media in terms of showcasing their new regime to the public. The Chiefs are the polar opposite, being truculent at best. I wonder which method pays off in the long run?

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 07:17 PM
If I say there was a zero percent chance of the Chiefs taking Mack with the third pick, does that mean I know what Pioli is thinking?

You have to understand the difference between probability and possibility.

I don't understand why everything on this board either has to be black or white, yes or no, absolutely positive or definitively negative. It's like the need to argue overrides the desire to THINK.

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Actually, I didn't think that Curry was completely relevant because he played the exact same position as Johnson in college. I do think he's a very good player that could have made a successful switch to the Will in a 3-4 alignment, and we need a guy like that and did not address it in the draft. (It's why I would hope the Chiefs will give serious consideration to Brandon Spikes in next years draft.)

I did have the Chiefs picking Sanchez in one of my earlier mocks as well. The acquisition of Cassel negated that though.

And I did eventually warm up to the pick of Jackson at #3. (Though the Magee pick in the third round still irritates me.)

No, there was no Curry worship from me. Only objective analysis based on the Chiefs need for quality linebackers going into the draft.

And I'm definitely not sitting in front of my computer with a Costco sized bottle of lube photoshopping Sanchez's head onto gay porn stills like Raised is obviously doing.

I wasn't talking specifically about you.

And yes, the Curry worship was every bit as bad as the Sanchez worship. While the Sanchez camp was certainly more vocal, the volume of posts on Curry was heavier.

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 07:18 PM
And where is my Chiefs mini-camp information?

There's got to be a good story or two about some local reporter being beaten to within an inch of his life attempting to crawl over the 35' high security wall surrounding Arrowhead.

What's actually interesting is that the Lions are being amazingly open with the media in terms of showcasing their new regime to the public. The Chiefs are the polar opposite, being truculent at best. I wonder which method pays off in the long run?

The Lions have Gunther. It doesn't really matter what else they do.