PDA

View Full Version : Life surgical question

crazycoffey
05-05-2009, 09:49 PM
anyone here ever had a hernia surgery?

Just asking....

luv
05-05-2009, 09:53 PM
I haven't, but I know someone who has. Anything in particular you're wondering about? I can ask.

crazycoffey
05-05-2009, 10:04 PM
I haven't, but I know someone who has. Anything in particular you're wondering about? I can ask.

yeah, what can I tell "a friend" to expect....

KCUnited
05-05-2009, 10:05 PM
I may know a guy who can hook your "friend" up. Autoclave and everything. Semi clean basement. Byob.

luv
05-05-2009, 10:05 PM
yeah, what can I tell "a friend" to expect....

I'll ask and shoot you a pm tomorrow.

crazycoffey
05-05-2009, 10:16 PM
I may know a guy who can hook your "friend" up. Autoclave and everything. Semi clean basement. Byob.

LOL, maybe, does he take Tricare?

crazycoffey
05-05-2009, 10:18 PM
I'll ask and shoot you a pm tomorrow.

Thanks...

KCUnited
05-05-2009, 10:19 PM
LOL, maybe, does he take Tricare?
Nope, but you can get a free Tribal for every hernia operation. Think about it. Cinco de Mayo special, runs through the 1st of next month.

crazycoffey
05-05-2009, 10:22 PM
I was doing sit-ups on Sunday, during Army Reserve Drill and I felt a sharp pain. I then had a very hard time running, and after the run was feeling around my belly button and had a big lump. I went to the medic and he said it was a hernia and we went to the ER right then. It's an "umbilical hernia" the intestine went back in, so no emergency surgery, but I'm getting the corrective surgery scheduled very soon, waiting on the army to put me on orders for it, since I hurt myself during training.

that's the real story, just being weird in the OP...

crazycoffey
05-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Nope, but you can get a free Tribal for every hernia operation. Think about it. Cinco de Mayo special, runs through the 1st of next month.

LOL

greg63
05-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Yes, I have had said surgery.

Tell your friend to expect that it will be very difficult to pee or poop for a long while after the surgery. It'll be painful to get up and back into bed but he'll need to force himself too very carefully so as to not to re-open the incision. He wont be able to lift anything over a few pounds for a while either. It's been a while since I had mine, but that's what sticks out in my mind.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 10:33 PM

ROFL

Pioli Zombie
05-05-2009, 10:39 PM
I heard a good prank to pull on the garbage man. Every week for 6 months put out a barrel with one real light bag in it. He'll get used to just flingin it into the truck. Then week 27 fill the barrel up with cement blocks. Watch him jump off the truck grab the thing with one hand and rip apart his groin in one motion.
Great fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 10:43 PM
I heard a good prank to pull on the garbage man. Every week for 6 months put out a barrel with one real light bag in it. He'll get used to just flingin it into the truck. Then week 27 fill the barrel up with cement blocks. Watch him jump off the truck grab the thing with one hand and rip apart his groin in one motion.
Great fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

"Pioli Zombie; the workin' mans friend".

Oh well, at least you didn't tell Coffey to pray to Sanchez...:p

Pioli Zombie
05-05-2009, 10:49 PM
"Pioli Zombie; the workin' mans friend".

Oh well, at least you didn't tell Coffey to pray to Sanchez...:p

Oh come on. Try it on your mom then.

One SNL skit they will never show is one they did in the Billy Crystal year when they did there rendition of Candid Camera

"We held this ladies fork over the hot grill. She thinks she going to have a piece of apple pie but what she's really going to get is a mouthful of seared flesh. Let's watch!"
Posted via Mobile Device

L.A. Chieffan
05-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Great fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

The garbage men in my neighborhood carry uzis. probably not a good idea

Pioli Zombie
05-05-2009, 10:51 PM
The garbage men in my neighborhood carry uzis. probably not a good idea

Troost?
Posted via Mobile Device

L.A. Chieffan
05-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Troost?
Posted via Mobile Device

fo real....they blew away this one guy right in his driveway just because he was a little late getting the bags to the corner. That, and he used to hang with Matrix

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Oh come on. Try it on your mom then.

One SNL skit they will never show is one they did in the Billy Crystal year when they did there rendition of Candid Camera

"We held this ladies fork over the hot grill. She thinks she going to have a piece of apple pie but what she's really going to get is a mouthful of seared flesh. Let's watch!"
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you ever see that sketch where he and Martin Short were a couple of janitors, and Crystal kept talking about all these things he was gonna' do and use, and every time Short would guess an item, he'd guess wrong, and it all culminated with utterly ridiculous shit like "sticking a corkscrew up my nose"etc?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Troost?
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL Troost??? He lives in LA. Troost is fucking Candyland compared to South Central.

Pioli Zombie
05-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Did you ever see that sketch where he and Martin Short were a couple of janitors, and Crystal kept talking about all these things he was gonna' do and use, and every time Short would guess an item, he'd guess wrong, and it all culminated with utterly ridiculous shit like "sticking a corkscrew up my nose"etc?

Classic skit.
"Hey did you ever -"
"Lean my head in the bowling ball rack when the balls come flying up?"
"Yeah, oh I hate when that happens"

Best year SNL ever had. Crystal, Short, Christopher Guest, Harry Shearer

Martin Short as Ed Grimley.
Posted via Mobile Device

L.A. Chieffan
05-05-2009, 10:58 PM
ROFL Troost??? He lives in LA. Troost is fucking Candyland compared to South Central.

wtf is troost? i thought he was trying to say truth with a cledus the slack-jawed yokel accent

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Classic skit.
"Hey did you ever -"

Posted via Mobile Device

Wow.

I knew you were dumb.

I just didn't know you were old.

Pioli Zombie
05-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Wow.

I knew you were dumb.

I just didn't know you were old.
Come on, old is remembering when Barry Bonds FATHER was a rookie.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Classic skit.
"Hey did you ever -"

Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, that's the one. That WAS the best post-original cast they had the first time around.

Goddamnit; I can't find that synchronized swimming skit! :mad::D

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 11:20 PM
wtf is troost? i thought he was trying to say truth with a cledus the slack-jawed yokel accent

Troost is a street in KCMO, east side, about 8 or 9 blocks east of Main Street.

I used to live about 4 blocks west of it on 35th/Armor Blvd. No big deal. No big deal at all.

TinyEvel
05-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Coff: very ironic post. I am going for my INGUINAL hernia surgery consultation on Friday. It's a bit similar but lower, and tearing of a hole that's already there (leading into the top of your scrotum) I had the right done five years ago.

You cannot lift anything over like 5 Lbs for up to 6 weeks. Depends on the type of hernia, how big and how invasive the repair is. Many do it laproscopically nowadays (1/2 inch incisions). THing I remember is I was on Vicodin and that constipated me. NOT good trying to poop a duraflame out yer arse with a hernia just fixed. So be careful. Ask him if he;s putting in mesh. They usually do. It will reinforce the repair and sometimes the whole area. Some men are genetically disposed to them. My dad and brother have had 'em, so I can sorta believe it is genetic.

Good luck.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Coff: very ironic post. I am going for my INGUINAL hernia surgery consultation on Friday. It's a bit similar but lower, and tearing of a hole that's already there (leading into the top of your scrotum) I had the right done five years ago.

You cannot lift anything over like 5 Lbs for up to 6 weeks. Depends on the type of hernia, how big and how invasive the repair is. Many do it laproscopically nowadays (1/2 inch incisions). THing I remember is I was on Vicodin and that constipated me. NOT good trying to poop a duraflame out yer arse with a hernia just fixed. So be careful. Ask him if he;s putting in mesh. They usually do. It will reinforce the repair and sometimes the whole area. Some men are genetically disposed to them. My dad and brother have had 'em, so I can sorta believe it is genetic.

Good luck.

Opiate constipation after hernia surgery? Mother...fucking...ouch.LMAO

TinyEvel
05-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Opiate constipation after hernia surgery? Mother...****ing...ouch.LMAO

Yeah, I think I had to, like, fold a PEOPLE magazine in thirds and press it against my lower abdomen and just lean forward for like ten minutes. Lucky I didn't get a hemorrhoid the size and shape of Florida

TinyEvel
05-06-2009, 12:05 AM
One other thing to watch out for with the Vicodins.... I was in a lot of pain one afternoon and took an extra half of one with my pill. I was killing time on eBay, just checking out VW camper vans (I have always wanted one). Well, I saw the PERFECT one, all stock, same year and color as the one our dad had when we were kids.

Well, I thought that would be rad to have that, I mean, I was feeling VERY optimistic! So I threw down a pretty low bid amount on it. Next day I woke up to find out I WON.

Still have it, it was actually a good deal, but be careful about using the interwebs under the opiates! :)

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Yeah, I think I had to, like, fold a PEOPLE magazine in thirds and press it against my lower abdomen and just lean forward for like ten minutes. Lucky I didn't get a hemorrhoid the size and shape of Florida

Oh man...LMAO That sucks!

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 12:10 AM
One other thing to watch out for with the Vicodins.... I was in a lot of pain one afternoon and took an extra half of one with my pill. I was killing time on eBay, just checking out VW camper vans (I have always wanted one). Well, I saw the PERFECT one, all stock, same year and color as the one our dad had when we were kids.

Well, I thought that would be rad to have that, I mean, I was feeling VERY optimistic! So I threw down a pretty low bid amount on it. Next day I woke up to find out I WON.

Still have it, it was actually a good deal, but be careful about using the interwebs under the opiates! :)

I had a tooth pulled a year ago, and they loaded me up with Codeine. I walked out of the pharmacy, popped two of those fuckers, and decided to walk home like 4 miles instead of taking the bus. I was just floating along, MP3 blasting in my ear, all the way back to the crib.

Wheeeeeeeee!!!!

acesn8s
05-06-2009, 04:03 AM
Rub some dirt on it. Get back into the game!

Inspector
05-06-2009, 06:45 AM
Had a double.

Hernia that is.

Missed 4 days of work.

crazycoffey
05-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the information Greg and Tiny. Let you know how it goes for me.

greg63
05-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the information Greg and Tiny. Let you know how it goes for me.

Not a problem bud, be safe my friend!

Iowanian
05-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Its probably a good idea to have your circumcision in the summer. That way, your ears will have time to adjust to exposure and will be less likely to frost bite.

Otter
05-07-2009, 03:20 PM
I was doing sit-ups on Sunday, during Army Reserve Drill and I felt a sharp pain. I then had a very hard time running, and after the run was feeling around my belly button and had a big lump. I went to the medic and he said it was a hernia and we went to the ER right then. It's an "umbilical hernia" the intestine went back in, so no emergency surgery, but I'm getting the corrective surgery scheduled very soon, waiting on the army to put me on orders for it, since I hurt myself during training.

that's the real story, just being weird in the OP...

Umbilical hernia surgery should be a piece of cake. I had what I thought was an "outie" belly button (about the size of a 1/2 marble) my whole life until I was admitted for a broken leg a couple years ago.

Turns out the muscles around my belly button never grew in. It's never bothered my one bit and it's gotten no bigger so I've never had it fixed but from what research I've done you get knocked out, lay around for a week while the muscles fuse and start getting back on your feet quickly. Now if you have a softball sticking out it's gonna be different obviously.

Take that for what exactly its worth however, hearsay from some guy on the internet.

EDIT: come to think of it what else could an "outie" belly button be but a slight hernia?