PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Red Zone Podcast featuring Pioli today.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Just a reminder in case you forgot or didn't know.

3pm Central Time.

Okay, I'm gonna' take a rash of shit for this, but I can't let this slide:

I'm listening to an older podcast featuring Lenny D as the guest. Of course they're talking QB's, and the issue of expectations for Cassel comes up.

What does dickhead PetroDouche say? But of course:

"I'd just be happy if he were Trent Green".

Petro, you need to just fucking disappear. You do this fan base NO service with low-bar shit like that. Nobody expects Joe Montana from day one, but God-willing we'll get something better than Trent Green before it's all said and done.
Just infuriating as fuck this guy can be.

Okay, I'm done now.

FringeNC
05-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah, it'd sure suck if we had a QB who put up a 90+ rating and over 4,000 yards per season for four years straight and was near the top in the all-important yards per attempt. Is this thread a joke?

DeezNutz
05-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Petro generally does a pretty nice job, actually.

tomahawk kid
05-06-2009, 02:47 PM
WTF?

Trent Green was a tough as nails QB, who was ridicuously productive and a team leader while he was here (not to mention a very nice guy).

What's wrong with saying, "I'd be happy if he were Trent Green."?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Yeah, it'd sure suck if we had a QB who put up a 90+ rating and over 4,000 yards per season for four years straight and was near the top in the all-important yards per attempt. Is this thread a joke?

WTF?

Trent Green was a tough as nails QB, who was ridicuously productive and a team leader while he was here (not to mention a very nice guy).

What's wrong with saying, "I'd be happy if he were Trent Green."?

I'm not even answering this bullshit.

raybec 4
05-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Trent didn't get the recognition he deserved at all, he was IMO one of the three best QB's in the NFL for about a 4 year stretch. I could live with that.

seclark
05-06-2009, 02:51 PM
I'd be happy if he were Trent Green.
sec

DeezNutz
05-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Trent didn't get the recognition he deserved at all, he was IMO one of the three best QB's in the NFL for about a 4 year stretch. I could live with that.

:eek:

Top 10, ok.

MoreLemonPledge
05-06-2009, 02:56 PM
I want to give Matt Cassel a hug and tell him to just be himself.

Pants
05-06-2009, 02:56 PM
:eek:

Top 10, ok.

Brady, Manning, Trent.

Of course his line had much to do with it, but still...

DeezNutz
05-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Brady, Manning, Trent.

Of course his line had much to do with it, but still...

Even in '03, All-Pro's were Manning and McNair.

Trent was never a top 3 QB.

MoreLemonPledge
05-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Trent was never a top 3 QB.

By what measure?

I'm sure we could find stats that prove he was and prove he wasn't.

Basically, what constitutes a "top 3" player?

Pants
05-06-2009, 03:01 PM
By what measure?

Please consider he had EK (serviceable) and Johny "Brickhands" Morton to throw to.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 03:02 PM
The abbreviation is "GM", and I don't mean "General Manager".

MoreLemonPledge
05-06-2009, 03:04 PM
The abbreviation is "GM", and I don't mean "General Manager".

Sorry, I just don't know many game managers have back to back to back 4000 yd seasons.

DeezNutz
05-06-2009, 03:06 PM
By what measure?

It's a subjective label, to be sure.

Statistically speaking, I didn't do a thorough check, but I believe he's only been top 3 in one category, and that's passing yards: #2 in '03 and '04.

MoreLemonPledge
05-06-2009, 03:07 PM

Statistically speaking, I didn't do a thorough check, but I believe he's only been top 3 in one category, and that's passing yards: #2 in '03 and '04.

Yes, but he's number 1 in helmet size now.

Pants
05-06-2009, 03:07 PM

Check his QB rating. Once again, remember the receivers he had at his disposal.

DaWolf
05-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Trent played outstanding for the most part. I will say that while he never had great receivers outside of Gonzo, he did have the best OL in the NFL during that stretch, not to mention Priest Holmes, and that doesn't hurt a QB at all...

Sweet Daddy Hate

How many of those yards were after completion?

DeezNutz
Check his QB rating. Once again, remember the receivers he had at his disposal.

#4 in '03, right?

EK and TG and the Priest out of the back were more than capable receivers.

JuicesFlowing
Trent Green sure sucked, he he he! WTF???????

Sweet Daddy Hate
Trent played outstanding for the most part. I will say that while he never had great receivers outside of Gonzo, he did have the best OL in the NFL during that stretch, not to mention Priest Holmes, and that doesn't hurt a QB at all...

You got THAT right.

DeezNutz
05-06-2009, 03:11 PM
If MC can play at a top-10 level for 8-10 years, this team will have a chance to win a championship, and that's all that really matters at this point.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Trent Green sure sucked, he he he! WTF???????

There's a difference between "didn't suck" and "exceptional".

That's the point.

MoreLemonPledge
05-06-2009, 03:12 PM
You got THAT right.

I know. Think of all the great QBs that got to pad their stats with Barry Sanders!

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 03:13 PM
I know. Think of all the great QBs that got to pad their stats with Barry Sanders!

"Didn't Suck"

"Exceptional".

I'll repeat it a few more times if it's not sinking in.

Pants
05-06-2009, 03:15 PM
#4 in '03, right?

EK and TG and the Priest out of the back were more than capable receivers.

Yeah, behind Culpepper who was throwing to Moss at the time. Trent > Culpepper. Besides, #4 is closer to top 3 than to top 10.

Pants
05-06-2009, 03:18 PM
"Didn't Suck"

"Exceptional".

I'll repeat it a few more times if it's not sinking in.

There's also a place between "Didn't Suck" and "Exceptional", champ. Trent was much better than simply "Didn't Suck". He was a superb QB.

milkman
05-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Green put up some great numbers, to be sure, but as has been pointed out, he had an outstanding O-Line that allowed him to hold onto the bal for ages, and he also had a propensity for making some bad decisions and bad throws in the red zone.

If Cassel can play at, or near Green's level without some of those poor decisions, I would be satisfied with that.

The Franchise
05-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Trent Green - 2001-2006

2001:
YDS - 3783 : 6th
TDS - 17 : T-15th
INTS - 24 : Most in the NFL
RTG - 71.1 : 26th

2002:
YDS - 3690 : 7th
TDS - 26 : T-5th
INTS - 13 : 18th
RTG - 92.6 : 4th

2003:
YDS - 4039: 2nd
TDS - 24: T-7th
INTS - 12: T-17th
RTG - 92.6 : 4th

2004:
YDS - 4591: 2nd
TDS - 27: T-7th
INTS - 17: T-5th
RTG - 95.2: 7th

2005:
YDS - 4014 - 2nd
TDS - 17: T-14th
INTS - 10: T-19th
RTG - 90.1: 8th

2006: Injured

Mr. Krab
05-06-2009, 03:24 PM
At this point, i will take a younger,healthier version of Trent Green. It will give us some stability and them time to rebuild without the stench of losing hanging around.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 03:25 PM
There's also a place between "Didn't Suck" and "Exceptional", champ. Trent was much better than simply "Didn't Suck". He was a superb Game Managing QB.

Exactly, I agree completely.

And by the by so we can finally put this shit to rest:

Feel free to re-listen to the podcast and discover just how right I am/was regarding Pioli's dedication to Cassel as the QB for his new job/team PRIOR to officially leaving New England, and no one else ever crossing his mind even once before the combine, after the combine, and all points in between.

Ah yes, quite so; right. Me.

Gdaddy
05-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Trent Green was the balls when he played for us. I would take Petro saying he hopes Cassel is like Trent as a compliment.
To say you "wont answer this bullshit" is weak. I would think after your "rant" you would welcome other opinion and rebuttle.
I live on the East Coast and hear Petro from time to time on "The Herd". I think hes a knowledgeable guy and by no means was knocking Cassel by saying that. He was complimenting Green and hoping good things for Cassel.
Did Petro pick on you as kid? Steal your milk money or date your sister?

bulldogg
05-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Or is it the same old "silence and misdirection"?

The Bad Guy
05-06-2009, 03:28 PM

Feel free to re-listen to the podcast and discover just how right I am/was regarding Pioli's dedication to Cassel as the QB for his new job/team PRIOR to officially leaving New England, and no one else ever crossing his mind even once before the combine, after the combine, and all points in between.

Who fucking cares?

The Bad Guy
05-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Where can this podcast be listened to?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Trent Green was the balls when he played for us. I would take Petro saying he hopes Cassel is like Trent as a compliment.
To say you "wont answer this bullshit" is weak. I would think after your "rant" you would welcome other opinion and rebuttle.
I live on the East Coast and hear Petro from time to time on "The Herd". I think hes a knowledgeable guy and by no means was knocking Cassel by saying that. He was complimenting Green and hoping good things for Cassel.
Did Petro pick on you as kid? Steal your milk money or date your sister?

Petro is a fucking douche, and "The Herd" is just so goddamned fitting a name for a show he would do, I'd call it synchronicity ordained by God if I actually believed in such a character.
Of course he wasn't knocking Cassel. Yes he was complimenting Green. I'd like Cassel to be a few notches better than Green by the time his career is over. I know that's asking for a lot being a Chiefs fan, were slightly above mediocre gets you higher jersey sales than the rest of the schlubs, but I'm gonna' ask anyway.

I pray to the metaphorical God that Cassel becomes exceptional and better than Green.
See, pretty fucking straightforward and easy.

Mr. Krab
05-06-2009, 03:35 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/03/13/the_red_zone_with_soren_petro/

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Where can this podcast be listened to?

Apparently you care enough to ask, Corky. ROFL

The Bad Guy
05-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Apparently you care enough to ask, Corky. ROFL

I enjoy listening to what the GM has to say. I could give a flying fuck about your 2 cents, faggot.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 03:39 PM
I enjoy listening to what the GM has to say. I could give a flying fuck about your 2 cents, faggot.

ROFL Your butt hurt pleases me.

The Bad Guy
05-06-2009, 03:51 PM
ROFL Your butt hurt pleases me.

Who the fuck taught you how to comprehend?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Who the fuck taught you how to comprehend?

ROFL Keep 'em coming.

Mr. Krab
05-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Who the **** taught you how to comprehend?
He's is not trying to comprehend, he's trying to :Poke:.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-06-2009, 03:53 PM

3pm Central Time.

I'm listening to an older podcast featuring Lenny D as the guest. Of course they're talking QB's, and the issue of expectations for Cassel comes up.

Petro, you need to just ****ing disappear. You do this fan base NO service with low-bar shit like that. Nobody expects Joe Montana from day one, but God-willing we'll get something better than Trent Green before it's all said and done.
Just infuriating as **** this guy can be.

Okay, I'm done now.

what the hell do you want, Tom Brady version 2.0. If thats your expectation for Matt Cassel then more than likely you will be very disappointed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 03:56 PM
what the hell do you want, Tom Brady version 2.0. If thats your expectation for Matt Cassel then more than likely you will be very disappointed.

How's about 1.5? I'll take that. And do note that I specified his entire tenure with the franchise and not just year one.

FAX
05-06-2009, 04:12 PM
How many of those yards were after completion?

This particular anti-quarterback argument has bothered me for a long time.

One of a quarterback's jobs is to find the "open" receiver. If he accomplishes this task, the "open" receiver is likely going to get YAC. The more "open" the receiver, the more YAC. It's simple, really.

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 04:17 PM
This particular anti-quarterback argument has bothered me for a long time.

One of a quarterback's jobs is to find the "open" receiver. If he accomplishes this task, the "open" receiver is likely going to get YAC. The more "open" the receiver, the more YAC. It's simple, really.

FAX

That still sounds like more mojo on the receiver's end to me(?).

FAX
05-06-2009, 04:23 PM
That still sounds like more mojo on the receiver's end to me(?).

It's part of it, surely, Mr. Raised On Riots. However, any quarterback will tell you that it's a great feeling to be able to hit a receiver in stride while he's streaking down field. Lots of YAC on those deals. Even if it's a different route ... a curl, or slant, or an out or something ... the idea is to give the receiver the ball where he can catch it, in space, and where he has a chance to do something after the catch.

Holding YAC against a quarterback is not only unfair, it doesn't really make any sense.

FAX

CupidStunt
05-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Raised On Riots sure is a dumb sonofabitch.

Spicy McHaggis
05-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Trent Green is the best QB in Chiefs history not named Len Dawson.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Raised On Riots sure is a dumb sonofabitch.

Says the guy named "Stupid Cunt".

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Trent Green is the best QB in Chiefs history not named Len Dawkins.
There's no QB in Chiefs History named "Len Dawkins".

FAX
05-06-2009, 04:59 PM
That's why Trent Green was better than anybody not named Len Dawkins.

You know, it's kind of sad to think that peeps have no appreciation for Trent - The Greatest Blocking Quarterback Of All Times. He made Chiefs football pretty exciting. He and Priest and that awesome line, that is. Boy, what we could have accomplished with a defense back in those days ...

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 05:02 PM

You know, it's kind of sad to think that peeps have no appreciation for Trent - The Greatest Blocking Quarterback Of All Times. He made Chiefs football pretty exciting. He and Priest and that awesome line, that is. Boy, what we could have accomplished with a defense back in those days ...

FAX

Ruh????

Micjones
05-06-2009, 05:06 PM
If Cassel can be as productive as Trent Green was we'll be in great shape.

Micjones
05-06-2009, 05:07 PM

FYP.

Wish I could've done that before you posted it.
:D

True statement though.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 05:08 PM
If Cassel can be as productive as Trent Green was we'll be in great shape.

Let's hope he's got a faster release. I already know he's quicker and better throwing on the run, so at least he's got that going for him.

MoreLemonPledge
05-06-2009, 05:08 PM
If Cassel can be as dapper in a mock turtleneck as Trent Green was we'll be in great shape.

FYP

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 05:12 PM

The best QB in Chiefs History not named Len Dawson was traded to Oakland.

Marinate.

The best QB in Chiefs History not named Len Dawson jumped right in for an injured scrub and took this this franchise to the Play offs without batting an eye.

Marinate.

How many playoff appearances under the worst owner in the History of the AFC?

Marinate.

the Talking Can
05-06-2009, 05:51 PM

3pm Central Time.

Petro, you need to just ****ing disappear. You do this fan base NO service with low-bar shit like that. Nobody expects Joe Montana from day one, but God-willing we'll get something better than Trent Green before it's all said and done.
Just infuriating as **** this guy can be.

Okay, I'm done now.

amazing how you turn an entire thread into an abortion...you are a rare combo of 3 yr old and retard....

The Bad Guy
05-06-2009, 06:11 PM
amazing how you turn an entire thread into an abortion...you are a rare combo of 3 yr old and retard....

You are giving him a lot of credit.

He's a more punk version of Royr17.

rad
05-06-2009, 06:37 PM

FAX

Ruh????

LMAO......Don't know about the TrentGreenLeadBlock?

credibility = gone......:shake:

rad
05-06-2009, 06:41 PM

Marinate.

The best QB in Chiefs History not named Len Dawson jumped right in for an injured scrub and took this this franchise to the Play offs without batting an eye.

Marinate.

Marinate.

This is a great example..........of your functioning retardation.

Marinate.

FAX
05-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Ruh????

Go watch some highlights from that era, Mr. Raised On Rats. Occasionally, Priest had to reverse his field whilst running the stretch or the sweep or the inside handoff and Trent Green - The Greatest Blocking Quarterback Of All Times - would immediately be aware of the situation and cut the backer or the dback or the DE or any friggin body else who threatened Priest or our chances of scoring six. It was a thing of beautifulness.

FAX

Skip Towne
05-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Go watch some highlights from that era, Mr. Raised On Rats. Occasionally, Priest had to reverse his field whilst running the stretch or the sweep or the inside handoff and Trent Green - The Greatest Blocking Quarterback Of All Times - would immediately be aware of the situation and cut the backer or the dback or the DE or any friggin body else who threatened Priest or our chances of scoring six. It was a thing of beautifulness.

FAX

Raised on Rats. Hahaha

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 06:45 PM

Gee, who's thread is anyway?

rad
05-06-2009, 06:46 PM

FAX

FAX!!! Wat's up?

Buffalo '03, I think. Was that Milloy that got a piece?

Cormac
05-06-2009, 06:48 PM
It's part of it, surely, Mr. Raised On Riots. However, any quarterback will tell you that it's a great feeling to be able to hit a receiver in stride while he's streaking down field. Lots of YAC on those deals. Even if it's a different route ... a curl, or slant, or an out or something ... the idea is to give the receiver the ball where he can catch it, in space, and where he has a chance to do something after the catch.

Holding YAC against a quarterback is not only unfair, it doesn't really make any sense.

FAX

Wow, after the cripple fight that just broke out in this thread, there was something accurate and insightful!

:clap:

The Bad Guy
05-06-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm still waiting for Raised on Rats (Fax, that is hilarious) to spank anyone on this board like he promised.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 06:49 PM
LMAO......Don't know about the TrentGreenLeadBlock?

credibility = gone......:shake:

FAX

The "Trent Green Lead Block". That's sounds almost as awesome as the "Tyler Thigpen Rushing Machine".
But more to the point; two skills that are far more important than the traditional skill sets of an NFL Quarterback. :rolleyes:

Nice try but,
Fail.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 06:50 PM
This is a great example..........of your functioning retardation.

Marinate.

I'm sorry if Gannon being a better quarterback ruffles your feathers, but I didn't write the NFL history books.

Cormac
05-06-2009, 06:51 PM

Marinate.

Marinate.

Marinate.

So, Raised On Rats (this might stick, FAX) argues against Trent Green's YACs and pimps Rich Gannon????

Why bother.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm still waiting for Raised on Rats (Fax, that is hilarious) to spank anyone on this board like he promised.
I've spanked you repeatedly, just won't acknowledge it.

But like I care anyway; I know what a useless prick you are and that's good enough for me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 06:56 PM
So, Raised On Rats (this might stick, FAX) argues against Trent Green's YACs and pimps Rich Gannon????

Why bother.

I never argued against them, I wanted to know what they were.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Bottom Line:

Everybody feel free to ballwash an average NFL QB to make your point, as I would expect nothing less from the usual, fuck-tarded suspects on this message board.

Cormac
05-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Bottom Line:

Everybody feel free to ballwash an average NFL QB to make your point, as I would expect nothing less from the usual, ****-tarded suspects on this message board.

Green was anything but average. I can't understand why Chiefs fans can't appreciate their best players: Green, Priest, Gonzo (for example) have been widely slated over the last few years. They were never the problem.

And if your argument is "well how many playoff games did Trent Green win?" then you're just a tit.

Marcellus
05-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Bottom Line:

Everybody feel free to ballwash an average NFL QB to make your point, as I would expect nothing less from the usual, ****-tarded suspects on this message board.

In 2003, Green had his breakout year, throwing for 4,039 yards, 24 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions. He led the Chiefs to a 13-3 record and a first-round bye in the playoffs. However, in the divisional playoff game, they lost a 38-31 shootout to Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts. The game was notable for there being no punts by either team, a first in NFL playoff history. Green was elected to his first Pro Bowl that year. The next season, the Chiefs went 7-9 as Priest Holmes suffered a knee injury in their eighth game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Tampa, Florida and missed the rest of the regular season. At the time, he was leading the league in both rushing and scoring. However, Green still had a stellar year, passing for 4,591 yards, 27 touchdowns, and 17 interceptions. His passing total was second only to Minnesota's Daunte Culpepper.

In 2005, the Chiefs, with an improved defense, improved their record to 10-6, but failed to make the playoffs. Green had another strong season in 2005, throwing for 4,010 yards (second only to New England's Tom Brady), and only throwing just 10 interceptions, his lowest season total ever. Green was elected to his second Pro Bowl following the season. With a third consecutive 4,000 yard season, Green joins Drew Bledsoe, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts and Warren Moon as the only quarterbacks in NFL history to pass for more than 4,000 yards in three or more seasons during their careers. Green has the distinction of having three consecutive seasons with a QB rating of 90.0 or better. Green has started 80 consecutive games during his first five years with the Chiefs, a team record.

He wasn't Montana but he wasn't Trent Dilfer either. Great, no. Average nope. Pretty damn good, I would say so.

The Bad Guy
05-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Yes, that's it. We are all retards. Trent Green was an average QB, yet Matt Stafford because he has a big arm is a god.

After you get done listening to your EMO music tonight, you should off yourself with a few hundred pills, dicknose.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 07:32 PM
You know, I never threw up records and stats in this fucking thread to begin with. I was hoping we'd get another Championship-level Quarterback to take this team to the final phase of what NFL football is all about. And maybe we will in Matt Cassel, we don't know yet.
I just see a lot of "if's and buts, candy and nuts"-shit here delivered in a defensive fashion because people want to celebrate a "greatness" that hasn't existed in over three decades.
Show me the fucking money and the ring and the trophy, THEN we'll talk about greatness.

Getting it done is getting it done. Anything else is NOT "getting it done".

:shrug:

Marcellus
05-06-2009, 07:36 PM
You know, I never threw up records and stats in this ****ing thread to begin with. I was hoping we'd get another Championship-level Quarterback to take this team to the final phase of what NFL football is all about. And maybe we will in Matt Cassel, we don't know yet.
I just see a lot of "if's and buts, candy and nuts"-shit here delivered in a defensive fashion because people want to celebrate a "greatness" that hasn't existed in over three decades.
Show me the ****ing money and the ring and the trophy, THEN we'll talk about greatness.

Getting it done is getting it done. Anything else is NOT "getting it done".

:shrug:

Nobody has an issue with wanting a great QB and hoping Cassel is that guy. The problem is you threw Trent Green under the bus to try to make some point that apparently has nothing to do with your point.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes, that's it. We are all retards. Trent Green was an average QB, yet Matt Stafford because he has a big arm is a god.

After you get done listening to your EMO music tonight, you should off yourself with a few hundred pills, dicknose.

I'm glad you decided to mention Stafford, shit for brains, because I sure as fuck didn't anywhere IN this fucking thread.

And I have no idea what the fuck "Emo" music is; that's something YOUR gay generation came up with you sniveling half a faggot.
My generation sings about fighting, fucking, and tearing shit up; things you'd know nothing about.
Get back to the bath house and service your clientele, motherfucker.

Spicy McHaggis
05-06-2009, 07:45 PM
FYP.

Wish I could've done that before you posted it.
:D

True statement though.

Heh my face is red.

In my defense I had safeties on the brain. Just had looked up Roy Williams and Brian Dawkins stats on NFL.com.

kcxiv
05-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Raised on Riots got steamrolled in this thread. He's throwing haymakers, but they arent even coming close. lol

chiefsfan3182
05-06-2009, 07:51 PM
raised on riots, earlier you posted the comment "who's thread is anyway," now I'm pretty sure that amounts to "who is thread is anyway." correct me if I'm wrong but I'm almost, and I repeat, almost positive that that is an incoherent sentence so I suggest that you go back to the high school that you most likely dropped out of and learn proper English

The Bad Guy
05-06-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm glad you decided to mention Stafford, shit for brains, because I sure as **** didn't anywhere IN this ****ing thread.

And I have no idea what the **** "Emo" music is; that's something YOUR gay generation came up with you sniveling half a pillowbiter.
My generation sings about fighting, ****ing, and tearing shit up; things you'd know nothing about.
Get back to the bath house and service your clientele, mother****er.

Make sure you head to Hot Topic tomorrow to add another "fighting, tearing shit up" band to your columbine jacket.

When is Chris Hanson paying a visit?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Make sure you head to Hot Topic tomorrow to add another "fighting, tearing shit up" band to your columbine jacket.

When is Chris Hanson paying a visit?

How DO you type with all that dick in your mouth? I take it back; you ARE talented.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Well, this has been fun. I think I'll go have a more meaningful debate with an intimate object now.

Marcellus
05-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Well, this has been fun. I think I'll go have a more meaningful debate with an intimate object now.

It is masturbation month.

rad
05-06-2009, 08:06 PM

Make sure you sterilize it first.

FAX
05-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Conversing with intimate objects is all well and good until somebody gets an eye put out.

FAX

MoreLemonPledge
05-06-2009, 08:45 PM

http://euroross.blogspot.com/Blow%20up%20doll%201.jpg

Reaper16
05-06-2009, 09:06 PM
He had better be more than Trent Green. You don't pass up a chance to draft a franchise QB prospect by trading for Trent Green.

MoreLemonPledge
05-06-2009, 09:09 PM
He had better be more than Trent Green. You don't pass up a chance to draft a franchise QB prospect by trading for Trent Green.

Please don't get into this. Cassel is our franchise QB prospect (with NFL experience). Same thing.

Besides, I'd rather have Trent Green than Ryan Leaf.

Skip Towne
05-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Attn Mods. We need a name change here. "Raised on Rats" is a classic.

Reaper16
05-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Please don't get into this. Cassel is our franchise QB prospect (with NFL experience). Same thing.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that Pioli either expects Cassel to be more than a Trent Green, or he's an idiot.

MoreLemonPledge
05-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that Pioli either expects Cassel to be more than a Trent Green, or he's an idiot.

I'm sure he expects more. We all expect more as optimistic Chiefs fans.

But when people are saying that he will be a huge failure if he's "only as good as Trent Green", it drives me crazy. The vast majority of the league would have killed to have Trent Green from 01-05. He led a to flight offense during those years, and has numbers to prove it.

Marcellus
05-06-2009, 09:17 PM

You don't pass up on the chance to draft a Franchise QB PROSPECT to trade for Trent Green. Yea, he sucked.

Assume Cassel is a young Trent Green. Trent went to 2 PB's in 5 years with KC and really missed out on 2 potential great seasons in STL due to injury. Very likely a 4 time PB player in 9 years and the last year he was in KC he was done due to concussion so no way to know how that would have played out.

Jumpin Jesus on a pogo stick.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Where these same people bagging on Green when he was throwing for 4,000 yards and 24 TD's? No they were bitching about the defense. Now he's an average dirtbag. Good God.

DaWolf
05-06-2009, 09:20 PM

If "more than Trent Green" means winning a playoff game or three, I agree...

MoreLemonPledge
05-06-2009, 09:23 PM
If "more than Trent Green" means winning a playoff game or three, I agree...

I know. Trent Green played horrible defense.

doomy3
05-06-2009, 09:26 PM

Or, he doesn't think Sanchez was worth it, and thinks Cassel is much better than what our options were at QB, and was better than anyone in the second round. This doesn't just hinge on Pioli's belief in Cassel, it also hinges on his belief in Sanchez.

Ceej
05-06-2009, 09:34 PM
I think it's funny the guy who had an old moniker (which got banned?) is calling everyone else useless when he obviously went out of his way to make another account to post on here.

Irony?

DaWolf
05-06-2009, 09:49 PM
I know. Trent Green played horrible defense.
Doesn't matter. In this league a QB is judged on wins and losses and postseason success. If Cassel puts up good but lesser numbers than Green, yet reaches and wins in the playoffs, he will be deemed a better QB...

RustShack
05-06-2009, 09:50 PM
If Cassel behind this Oline and without Gonzalez could be as good as Green was I would be ecstatic.

BryanBusby
05-07-2009, 02:27 AM

Quotin' Dis

MadMax
05-07-2009, 02:33 AM
Conversing with intimate objects is all well and good until somebody gets an eye put out.

FAX

ROFL

MadMax
05-07-2009, 02:43 AM

FAX

lol I love how Priest used to put his hand on T Rich or Roaf's shoulder and just ride the train to the endzone... :)

kcxiv
05-07-2009, 02:48 AM
Doesn't matter. In this league a QB is judged on wins and losses and postseason success. If Cassel puts up good but lesser numbers than Green, yet reaches and wins in the playoffs, he will be deemed a better QB...

So you would rather have Chad Pennington over Drew Brees. Chad Pennington is seen as a better QB? hmmm....

tk13
05-07-2009, 03:05 AM
QB's do get judged in the playoffs, although it's a bit of a different animal when your defense literally can't force the other team to punt. Brady and Roethlisberger wouldn't have any rings playing with a 32 defense either. So in some ways that's unlucky. The only QB's to do the things Trent did here were HOF and MVP guys.

You could pull out all kinds of stats. I'm pretty sure he's the only QB to have a 90+ rating for at least 3 straight seasons and not win an MVP award. I think the only QB's who put up as many consecutive 90+ rating seasons were Manning, Favre, and Steve Young. Which is crazy. I know he wasn't as naturally talented as those other guys but he wasn't just good, he put up numbers that a lot of other good QB's never touched.

SAUTO
05-07-2009, 07:14 AM

this whole post is bullshit, how many times did YOU say that we were going to draft sanchez??? look back since pioli was hired and you will see that i have said repeatedly that at the opening presser when asked about the Qb situation and he answered "i have something in mind" that he KNEW he was getting cassel. You on the other hand repeatedly threw out "CORDOBA"(wtf is that anyway) and "VIVA SANCHEZ" and "the deal isnt done yet" and " wait until the draft for thge messiah to come"(in your mouth i presume??) so yeah i guess you were right

Fritz88
05-07-2009, 07:39 AM
aside from trying to find players that "fit" into the system, what else did he say?

Coogs
05-07-2009, 08:07 AM

So is R-O-R really Clayton? Style sure seems like it could be.

I need a program to keep up around here. :sulk:

Fat Elvis
05-07-2009, 08:08 AM
Okay, I'm done now.

Why couldn't you follow your own self imposed month long ban?

Chiefnj2
05-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Raised by Retards can't be Clayton. Clayton has some football sense and independence. ROR follows certain posters.

The Pioli interview:

Goff will start. The Bengals center will compete.

It all starts up front. The front lines establish everything. The most important things are to establish your DL and QB. They did that in the draft (1st and 3rd at DL and 2nd at QB).

Tyson Jackson - naturally fits the "LEFT END" spot in the 3-4. He is more like Warren than Seymour.

Thomas and Vrabel know the system and habits that Pioli wants. Edwards didn't fit as well.

Hates the words "war room" for the draft. It has banned from 1 Arrowhead. Pioli finds it offensive to those serving in the armed services.

Just because they have cap room, doesn't mean they have to spend it. Just because someone has a marquee name doesn't mean they are a good player.

Matt Cassel over Stafford and Sanchez - Once they had Matt and knowing him and how he prepares, he was their guy. Talked about competition with Tyler and Brody. Feels good about the group. From a needs standpoint they feel good with QB and eliminated QB's from an early draft consideration.

Fritz88
05-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Raised by Retards can't be Clayton. Clayton has some football sense and independence. ROR follows certain posters.

The Pioli interview:

Goff will start. The Bengals center will compete.

It all starts up front. The front lines establish everything. The most important things are to establish your DL and QB. They did that in the draft (1st and 3rd at DL and 2nd at QB).

Tyson Jackson - naturally fits the "LEFT END" spot in the 3-4. He is more like Warren than Seymour.

Thomas and Vrabel know the system and habits that Pioli wants. Edwards didn't fit as well.

Hates the words "war room" for the draft. It has banned from 1 Arrowhead. Pioli finds it offensive to those serving in the armed services.

Just because they have cap room, doesn't mean they have to spend it. Just because someone has a marquee name doesn't mean they are a good player.

Matt Cassel over Stafford and Sanchez - Once they had Matt and knowing him and how he prepares, he was their guy. Talked about competition with Tyler and Brody. Feels good about the group. From a needs standpoint they feel good with QB and eliminated QB's from an early draft consideration.

thanks

Chiefnj2
05-07-2009, 08:42 AM
thanks

The first half of the interview was all fluff - how do you like KC, days in New England, etc.

Not a lot of Chiefs info. He'd ask a questions, Pioli would answer a little and Petro would agree with him and answer the question himself.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2009, 08:51 AM
So is R-O-R really Clayton? Style sure seems like it could be.

I need a program to keep up around here. :sulk:

Don't think so...