PDA

View Full Version : Royals When will you be convinced...

Archie F. Swin
05-07-2009, 08:35 AM
...that the 2009 Kansas City Royals will contend for a pennant in October?

Poll forthcoming

Fritz88
05-07-2009, 08:40 AM
when they win it all.

Deberg_1990
05-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Oct. 4th

Archie F. Swin
05-07-2009, 08:41 AM
All Star break

Gonzo
05-07-2009, 08:43 AM
If they can hold it together until the break I will really start getting excited.

They're playing well right now, I just hope they don't kill Zach with all those complete games.

jidar
05-07-2009, 08:43 AM
I'll be the bandwagon driver. This is a good baseball team! Hop on board the 2009 Royals Pennant train folks, plenty of room.

Demonpenz
05-07-2009, 08:46 AM
I am already convinced. Gordon is going to have to fight for at bats when he comes back. We will see where we are by memorial day, all star break, then the stretch run. We finally have some depth down on the farm. we can bring up some players that won't embarrass themselves in the majors if we get some injuries

irishjayhawk
05-07-2009, 08:47 AM
All Star Break only because I think various injuries could be the undoing. For example, if Zack Attack went down for an extended period of time.

That said, I've been saying it all along - the Royals have been steadily improving under Moore.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 08:52 AM
I voted for "now" but I don't know that I really need to be convinced.

I feel like the Royals are playing with house money. Nobody really expected this, so rather than getting wrapped up in whether or not it's "real" I'm just gonna enjoy it.

I learned my lesson in 2003 with the Chiefs.

DaWolf
05-07-2009, 08:52 AM
I need to see consistency through a long stretch of the season, not just right now. We're going through a hot streak, but it seems to me that the Royals always seem to have those stretches where they lose 11 out of 15 or 9 in a row or something like that which just kills their season. I like Grienke and Meche as guys who can keep us out of those streaks, but it's going to be about keeping it up and handling success. When they go on those east coast road trips, they need to get it done against the good teams. Otherwise I'm going to fear a repeat of 2003, where we played well but faded badly in the last few months...

DaWolf
05-07-2009, 08:54 AM

I feel like the Royals are playing with house money. Nobody really expected this, so rather than getting wrapped up in whether or not it's "real" I'm just gonna enjoy it.

Agreed. Even though I'm not convinced yet, I'm still going to enjoy the ride. This is definitely an interesting and fun team to watch right now, and they don't have quit in them. Just that aspect is enough to give one hope...

eazyb81
05-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Not sure how to answer this one. I've known since before the season that they CAN contend for the division, but I think that speaks more to how crappy our division is. All five teams have a chance to win it, but the champ might not win more than 85 games.

I need to see at least one more starter step up and be consistent with Greinke and Meche before I am convinced that we have a good shot. Greinke is not going to go undefeated this season, so at least one of Davies, Banny, Ponson, and Hochevar needs to show they can be counted on as a consistent MLB starterf.

jidar
05-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Not sure how to answer this one. I've known since before the season that they CAN contend for the division, but I think that speaks more to how crappy our division is. All five teams have a chance to win it, but the champ might not win more than 85 games.

I need to see at least one more starter step up and be consistent with Greinke and Meche before I am convinced that we have a good shot. Greinke is not going to go undefeated this season, so at least one of Davies, Banny, Ponson, and Hochevar needs to show they can be counted on as a consistent MLB starterf.

This isn't a division thing. The Royals would be contenders in any division this year, and they're doing it by beating teams that are winning other divisions. (Toronto, Seattle)
That's why I think they're a pretty solid pick to win the AL Central consider how much of a down year it is.

kc rush
05-07-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm enjoying the ride right now, but I won't get my hopes up to much until the end of this month. If they are still playing this way then and lead the division, I'll be sold that they can do it.

Demonpenz
05-07-2009, 09:15 AM
the real question is how do we look for the playoffs grienke can throw 3 games in a seven game series cruz and soria need to be there

To the ship !

eazyb81
05-07-2009, 09:19 AM
This isn't a division thing. The Royals would be contenders in any division this year, and they're doing it by beating teams that are winning other divisions. (Toronto, Seattle)
That's why I think they're a pretty solid pick to win the AL Central consider how much of a down year it is.

I don't think so. It might appear like that now, but we've been on a great hot streak, and I don't think we have the pitching depth to compete in, say, the AL East over a 162 game season.

KChiefs1
05-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Four reasons why the Royals aren't going away
Stan McNeal

KANSAS CITY -- Zack Greinke has been the best pitcher on the planet for the past month but he's not the only reason to believe the AL Central-leading Royals are for real. Here's four others.

Maturity matters
After losing an average of 98 games for the previous five years, Kansas City's culture needed an overhaul. That process started before last season when the club imported Trey Hillman to manage after five years in Japan.

GM Dayton Moore then made a point of acquiring veterans who have played on winning teams over the offseason. None made headlines outside of Kansas City but they have paid off on the field and in the clubhouse. Coco Crisp, for example, has given the club a World Series winner and true leadoff hitter and Mike Jacobs has brought much-needed power potential and presence.

Not coincidentally, the Royals are winning come-from-behind games they rarely won in previous seasons. They won one Tuesday night by rallying from 5-1 in the fourth to beat the White Sox 8-7 in 11 innings.

"When it gets late and guys are used to losing, how do you all of a sudden change," Moore says. "You learn from experience but you also add guys who have won. They bring confidence."

Such confidence results in big hits. While the team's batting average is next to last in the A.L., the Royals are hitting nearly .300 -- fourth in the A.L. -- in "close and late" situations. "We've gotten a lot of clutch hits," Moore says.

A leader in the clubhouse
Trading for Jacobs has given K.C. more than a guy who hit 32 homers in 2008. He also has brought a healthy dose of brash. Both were on display against White Sox starter Gavin Floyd when Jacobs mashed a three-run, 440-foot home run and paused to admire it.

"The word is swagger," John Buck says of what Jacobs has given the Royals. "It's kind of like if someone tells us we suck just because we've sucked in the past, punch them in the mouth. 'You're not going to tell me I suck, I haven't even played here yet.' He's like the ultimate confident loud mouth, but it's always positive. He's very energetic and his personality is very infectious. "

Jacobs' blast turned what was shaping up as a White Sox cruise into a game that didn't end until Buck's two-out single in the 11th gave Kansas City its fourth straight victory.

Stingier defense
The acquisition of Crisp improved the outfield for two reasons: He's an above average centerfielder and his arrival allowed the Royals to upgrade in left by moving over last year's centerfielder, David DeJesus. Strong-armed Jose Guillen remains in right.

"Whenever you can have two centerfielders and one of the best arms in the league in right field, that can make for a pretty good outfield," Crisp says.

The infield is better because Billy Butler has learned how to handle first. Last year, Butler played the position like he would be a full-time DH by 23, but in the offseason he hired a personal trainer and converted some of his baby fat into what manager Trey Hillman calls "good body mass." The result is a more mobile fielder who has impressed at least one of his teammates.

"The last thing in the world I expected was Billy to play that kind of defense," Greinke says, dryly. "For the first month of the season, he's definitely been an above-average first baseman. That's hard for me to say because I never thought anyone would say that but him and his family."

Improved pitching
With the offense still struggling to find its consistency, the Royals' early success has been built around pitching. They lead the A.L. in ERA after finishing 10th a year ago. Besides Greinke, the Royals also have arguably the game's best young closer in 24-year-old Joakim Soria, who has saved all six of his chances despite being slowed by a tender shoulder.

Of course, we would not be talking about the Royals if not for Greinke. Practically overnight, the 25-year-old righthander has become the game's best pitcher. Check these numbers: In 45 innings covering six starts, he has given up two earned runs. Total. He is 6-0 and leads the majors in just about everything, including strikeouts.
"Right now, he's the best there is," says Steve Stone, White Sox TV analyst who worked Greinke's six-hit shutout of the White Sox on Monday night.

Stone knows successful pitchers. He is one of only two -- along with Bob Welch -- to win 25 games in a season since 1980.

"Right now, Zack is doing everything right," Stone says. "The confidence is as high as it can possibly be. If he keeps it there, he'll be the third guy in the last 30 years to win 25 games."

And he just might take the Royals with him on a ride they haven't been on in a long time.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=545971 (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=545971)

wild1
05-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Isn't the first week of May a little early to be convinced a team will contend this year?

If they're still in the race at the all star break then I'll believe it. For now, they are just a team that's made amazing strides in the past few years, and we should be grateful that we have the most any fan base can ask for, continuous improvement

eazyb81
05-07-2009, 09:28 AM
"The last thing in the world I expected was Billy to play that kind of defense," Greinke says, dryly. "For the first month of the season, he's definitely been an above-average first baseman. That's hard for me to say because I never thought anyone would say that but him and his family."

LMAO

Thig Lyfe
05-07-2009, 09:33 AM

ROFL

irishjayhawk
05-07-2009, 09:52 AM

Good point.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-07-2009, 09:56 AM
It's for real that they are maturing as a team, winning games they would have lost last year, getting some attitude and swagger, believeing they should win and playing good, gritty ball. All of that is for real. Whether it means they'll stay in contention all season and/or make the playoffs remains to be seen. There are a lot of variables... injuries, slumps at particularly bad times, other teams getting hot when we're cold etc.... I do not expect them to go on one of their patented 10 or 12 game losing streaks this year though... the maturity and talent level, not to mention the pride, seems to be beyond that. I'm sure they will go through a couple losing streaks... the best teams even do that... but I really don't think we'll see the season crushing streaks we have seen in the past.

Whether it turns into a playoff year or not it will be a huge step forward if they can just stay competitive all season and I for one think they can and will.

ziggysocki
05-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Where is the "Never! We are talking about the Royals, dipshit." option? Kidding aside, if they stay close to resembling the team they are now up to the break, I will be sold. I just am sick of getting my hopes up too early.

KC native
05-07-2009, 10:41 AM
There's no option for a few weeks after the All Star Break. If they can keep playing strong until the break and then come out after the break strong then I will have a lot more faith in them

MIAdragon
05-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Its easy to win now, its the stretch run that’s hard, deep into the grind with key players on the DL. So I guess IMO its more than a little early to call anything.

Frazod
05-07-2009, 10:51 AM
I was feeling pretty good about the 2003 team until the bottom fell out at the end.

This bunch seems stronger, though. I hope they hold up.

Mr. Krab
05-07-2009, 10:54 AM
I am already convinced. Gordon is going to have to fight for at bats when he comes back.
I don't. I think Gordon is handed back his starting job at 3rd base without so much as a blink. They will start shifting Teahen around like a gawd dam pinball again. Mark Teahen should of told the Royals to fack off along time ago.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-07-2009, 11:03 AM
I don't. I think Gordon is handed back his starting job at 3rd base without so much as a blink. They will start shifting Teahen around like a gawd dam pinball again. Mark Teahen should of told the Royals to fack off along time ago.

But he's the consumate team player so he doesn't. Guys like Mark Teahen get my respect.

Demonpenz
05-07-2009, 11:10 AM
the thing is when gordon comes back we just have alot of players for that stretch run. Grienke Meche Soria need to stay healthy though. We are just walking a shitload this year. Guillen has been walking too. Seems like everyone is buying into walking = winning

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 11:19 AM
the thing is when gordon comes back we just have alot of players for that stretch run. Grienke Meche Soria need to stay healthy though. We are just walking a shitload this year. Guillen has been walking too. Seems like everyone is buying into walking = winning

It's all Kevin Seitzer. The guy obviously knows what he's doing.

BTW, Seitz was on 810 this morning and he said that he's not emphasizing the walks. They're a byproduct of the approach.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 11:20 AM
I was feeling pretty good about the 2003 team until the bottom fell out at the end.

This bunch seems stronger, though. I hope they hold up.

I heard a pretty telling stat though the other day. Apparently the 2003 team was upside down on run differential by mid-May while this team is near tops in all of MLB and definitely among the best in the AL.

Demonpenz
05-07-2009, 11:24 AM
It's all Kevin Seitzer. The guy obviously knows what he's doing.

BTW, Seitz was on 810 this morning and he said that he's not emphasizing the walks. They're a byproduct of the approach.

Seitz is the man no doubt, but the fact that everyone is taking walks, I think some credit needs to be thrown of for Trey and the rest of the coaches. When Guillen is walking with runners on base, he is buying into WINNING AS A TEAM. You could just see in his body language in years before that he is going to chase out of the zone because those were HIS RBI's it looks like some of the players are swallowing their pride and buying into the fact that everyone one wins when you walk.

Fish
05-07-2009, 11:28 AM

No way Gordon is handed back the job. I don't see that as Hillman's style at all. Hillman has stressed equality from the beginning no matter what position, no matter how much the salary.

Which is why Grienke is still the #2 pitcher, and Meche is #1.

sedated
05-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic. We are playing great right now, but its a loooong season, and anything can happen.

Aren't we about 1/16 of the way through the season? So, we're asking if the Chiefs are a contender after they are 1-0.

ziggysocki
05-07-2009, 11:40 AM
I just hope the quality pitching holds out. It is nice to take some pressure off the offense, I bet it is nice as a hitter not feeling like you have to score 10 runs to win a game. They know that they have a good shot to win with 3-4 runs.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Seitz is the man no doubt, but the fact that everyone is taking walks, I think some credit needs to be thrown of for Trey and the rest of the coaches. When Guillen is walking with runners on base, he is buying into WINNING AS A TEAM. You could just see in his body language in years before that he is going to chase out of the zone because those were HIS RBI's it looks like some of the players are swallowing their pride and buying into the fact that everyone one wins when you walk.

Oh no doubt you have to give Hillman credit for getting the guys to buy in.

I also think you have to credit guys like Crisp, Jacobs, and Guillen - they were successful before ever coming to KC. They didn't HAVE to change anything, but they did, and it's working.

My only point was that these guys aren't LOOKING for walks, they're just getting them. That's what Seitzer was trying to say.

Demonpenz
05-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Oh no doubt you have to give Hillman credit for getting the guys to buy in.

I also think you have to credit guys like Crisp, Jacobs, and Guillen - they were successful before ever coming to KC. They didn't HAVE to change anything, but they did, and it's working.

My only point was that these guys aren't LOOKING for walks, they're just getting them. That's what Seitzer was trying to say.

the point is they are looking and swinging at their pitches. That is good to know. it's nice to have it going. Nothing worse than having some speedy guys who never get on base (looking your way tommy goodwin joey gathright) it's pretty nice to go out to the ball park and go to the games and hear, see, and talk about the new players and the old. Hearing the words Sietzer, Frank White, Denny Matthews, and of course Brett, really brings back memories of what shit used to be like. Now lets get bill pecota harley davidson headband day!

Ultra Peanut
05-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Never.

acesn8s
05-07-2009, 02:39 PM
When they have a 20 game lead

Mr. Krab
05-07-2009, 03:07 PM
No way Gordon is handed back the job. I don't see that as Hillman's style at all. Hillman has stressed equality from the beginning no matter what position, no matter how much the salary.

Which is why Grienke is still the #2 pitcher, and Meche is #1.
You actually think Hillman is gonna bench Gordon? The most we can hope for is that they give him an extended rehab assignment.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2009, 03:10 PM
You actually think Hillman is gonna bench Gordon? The most we can hope for is that they give him an extended rehab assignment.

Doesn't he have options? wouldn't suprise me if he is sent at AAA for awhile

Alton deFlat
05-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Right now, this team is winning games that they would have lost in years past. The extra inning game a few nights ago, and even today's win, might have ended in the loss column if it weren't for the "can do" attitude that they seem to have.

AustinChief
05-07-2009, 03:18 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic. We are playing great right now, but its a loooong season, and anything can happen.

Aren't we about 1/16 of the way through the season? So, we're asking if the Chiefs are a contender after they are 1-0.

we are 1/6 of the way thru the season... 29 games played with 133 to go.

At this pace we win... 101 games... I am guessing that we win 85-90 in reality though. Depends on if pitching stays healthy and the bats keep improving. Never know.

big nasty kcnut
05-07-2009, 03:20 PM
They are for real. But i'll enjoy the ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

CrazyPhuD
05-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Well first swine flu

Now the Royals are contending

If the chiefs make the playoffs next year then that's definitely the 7th sign.

Fish
05-07-2009, 03:29 PM

I don't understand how extended rehab would be the best outcome. Do you not want Gordon to succeed?

And Gordon will play. But he's not going to get tossed in the lineup simply because he's healthy. This team is past the point where we require that he be in the lineup if he's healthy. There's been very little, if any, dropoff with him out of the lineup. When he gets back, he'll have to compete again like anyone else would. Hell he might even get sent down for a while to get a bunch of action in before reclaiming a position. Which is the way it should be....

teedubya
05-07-2009, 03:37 PM
LMAO @ Greinke...

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 03:37 PM
I don't understand how extended rehab would be the best outcome. Do you not want Gordon to succeed?

And Gordon will play. But he's not going to get tossed in the lineup simply because he's healthy. This team is past the point where we require that he be in the lineup if he's healthy. There's been very little, if any, dropoff with him out of the lineup. When he gets back, he'll have to compete again like anyone else would. Hell he might even get sent down for a while to get a bunch of action in before reclaiming a position. Which is the way it should be....

I'd like nothing more than for Gordon to succeed.

But so far, he's not done much of note and the team seems to be lightning without him.

PunkinDrublic
05-07-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm so used to the Royals disappointing me that I just take it one game at a time. As others have said it's a long season. I believe they have the talent to win the division but I just hate getting my hopes up too soon.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 03:38 PM
LMAO @ Greinke...

Some of the stuff in that SI article was priceless.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2009, 03:39 PM
LMAO @ Greinke...

You'd think he was demonzpenz

cmh6476
05-07-2009, 03:54 PM
To be honest, for me it was really Tuesday night. Not that "hey ths is the year" feeling, but rather a sense of the Royals being a much different ballclub. The Royals of the past would have never found a way to come back after being down and there's no chance they would have won that game. But yet, they took their pitches, hit in the clutch, hung in there and came away with a victory.

The pitching is there, and they are showing patience at the plate, and the results are showing up as wins. Still a long way to go in this 162 game season, but if this coaching staff can keep these guys believing in themselves and playing at this level, then this team really has finally turned that corner I believe.

PunkinDrublic
05-07-2009, 03:58 PM
To be honest, for me it was really Tuesday night. Not that "hey ths is the year" feeling, but rather a sense of the Royals being a much different ballclub. The Royals of the past would have never found a way to come back after being down and there's no chance they would have won that game. But yet, they took their pitches, hit in the clutch, hung in there and came away with a victory.

The pitching is there, and they are showing patience at the plate, and the results are showing up as wins. Still a long way to go in this 162 game season, but if this coaching staff can keep these guys believing in themselves and playing at this level, then this team really has finally turned that corner I believe.

That's the key difference. Our pitching is almost firing on all cylinders. Just think the Yankees and Red Sox spend hundreds of millions of dollars trying to put together a staff that is successful as ours has been so far this year. Our bats are starting to heat up and as long as we don't have one of those epic losing streaks we'll be ok.

Red Beans
05-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Delusions of ability...

Nzoner
05-07-2009, 04:22 PM
I voted at the break,I like what Harold Reynolds said the other night after the comeback against Chicago when he echoed a statement I made earlier in the season,"this team is growing up."

Archie F. Swin
05-07-2009, 04:48 PM
so....when we go interleague....can Fartsworth hit the breaking ball?

chefsos
05-07-2009, 05:21 PM
PonsonLMAO

Fish
05-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Just imagine if we had 25 Ross Gloads at this point in the season......

MoreLemonPledge
05-07-2009, 05:25 PM
The city's starting to get behind them. The crowds at the games have been large and loud (resisting sexual joke...), something that we haven't been able to say for a while.

Over-Head
05-07-2009, 05:48 PM
...that the 2009 Kansas City Royals will contend for a pennant in October?

Poll forthcoming
When they play the Raiders on a Monday night to descide who wins the division.

SPATCH
05-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Just imagine if we had 25 Ross Gloads at this point in the season......

that's a gritty ball club

Chiefless
05-07-2009, 06:52 PM

yep...I agree 100%. He needs to earn his way back.

WoodDraw
05-07-2009, 07:01 PM
The silver lining of Gordon's injury is that we can send him down to the minors for a "rehab" assignment. He needs to go down and dominate some inferior pitching and get his confidence back.

ChiTown
05-07-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm all in, Bitches!

Ebolapox
05-07-2009, 09:08 PM

a ku fan who can't do math?

there are 162 games in a baseball season, skeezix. we're 29 games into the royals' 2009 schedule, which equates to 18.125% of games played in total. if you were to equate that to an nfl schedule, the royals would be 2-0, with a lead with 6 minutes left in the fourth quarter.

BWillie
05-07-2009, 09:32 PM
On May 7th 2003, the Royals were 20-11 with a 3.5 game lead.

Archie F. Swin
05-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Greinke > Lima Time

BWillie
05-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Greinke > Lima Time

I saw Lima at a Quick Trip back when he was doing time here. I asked him if it was going to be a good game that night, and he replied "Of course it is man, it's Lima Time tonight". That guy cracked me up

KcMizzou
05-07-2009, 09:50 PM
I saw Lima at a Quick Trip back when he was doing time here. I asked him if it was going to be a good game that night, and he replied "Of course it is man, it's Lima Time tonight". That guy cracked me upAnd he had these...

http://www.hogwild.net/images/Misc/jose.lima-wife-boobs.jpg

DJJasonp
05-07-2009, 09:52 PM
And he had these...

That would be lemon time (or melon time)!!!

MoreLemonPledge
05-07-2009, 10:21 PM
And he had these...

Wow...those are beautiful.

kcfanXIII
05-07-2009, 11:06 PM
i was thinking about the "streak issue" today. with banny pitching pretty well, that makes a pretty nasty 5-1-2 combo. it seems more likely that 3-4 would hit a hot streak, be it davies, hoch, or ponson, or whoever, than for mech grienke and bany to all go ice cold. thats where this streak came from. i believe banny won the first game of it. 55 and 23 do their things, then davies (well, he didn't do so hot. thank god for offense), ponson threw a good game last night, and banny was lights out today. i'm still not sold on banny just yet, give him a few more starts like he's been having and i will be though. davies needs to find his game again and if hoch is really ready, this rotation could be scary.

moose tacos. needs to stay in the minors for now,i just like saying his nick name.

i'm almost there, and i want to be sold. but i can't be till after the allstar break. but in the mean time, HOW MUCH FUN IS THIS?!?!?!?!?1?1?!!!!

Sure-Oz
05-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Herpes time never gets old

irishjayhawk
05-07-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm changing my vote to now. I'm living in the moment.

tk13
05-07-2009, 11:36 PM
July 1st. Although realistically if we're still there in mid-June we're there. But July 1st will be when we probably start looking to add pieces to really make a run at doing something special.

Although I really believe in our pitching staff... the hitting approach is so dramatically different it's a little hard to believe. I think we'll be in the hunt because our pitching is good. If Bannister can keep this up, we really might have something dangerous.

BWillie
05-08-2009, 01:25 AM
I just wish we had room for some of our other first basement. We have like 5 good first basemen

Alex Gordon
Billy Butler
Mike Jacobs
Kila Ka'aihue
Ryan Shealy

I think both Ka'aihue and Shealy can be good contributors at this level, especially Ka'aihue I don't care what anybody says. Ka'aihue is a walking machine with power.

Pioli Zombie
05-08-2009, 05:22 AM
People. If you wait until October to enjoy it you will have missed it.
Go ahead. Take a leap. Have the best summer in years. If they make it thry make it. If they don't, well you had the best summer in years.
You holding back isn't going to effect it one way or another so live it up!!!

Go Royals!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

KCinNY
05-08-2009, 05:52 AM
It's amazing what a little decent pitching can do for a ballclub.

When Ponson and Bannister are winning games, look the f*** out!

hishighness
05-08-2009, 06:57 AM
The same time I'll be convinced that my Blue Jays are for real: The instant they clinch a playoff spot.

ChiTown
05-08-2009, 06:59 AM
It's amazing what a little decent pitching can do for a ballclub.

When Ponson and Bannister are winning games, look the f*** out!

Replace Davies with Hochevar and ............MUST.................MAINTAIN.................EXCITEMENT!

DaWolf
05-14-2009, 09:46 PM
This is what I was afraid of, the yearly losing streak with no end in sight that pushes us out of contention...

Mama Hip Rockets
05-14-2009, 10:01 PM
i am convinced that the royals suck.

wazu
05-14-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm still convinced. Grienke will reverse it all tomorrow! Royals bounce back and in two weeks we are starting to pull away again.

KcMizzou
05-14-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm still convinced. Grienke will reverse it all tomorrow! Royals bounce back and in two weeks we are starting to pull away again.Man, I hope so.

We've received repeated kicks to the balls recently.

Spott
06-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Only 3 months til football season.

Pioli Zombie
06-04-2009, 05:22 PM
David Carradine has a better shot of making the playoffs than the Royals do.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCUnited
06-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Dang I missed this one. I went ahead and voted Mid-September.

Deberg_1990
06-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Its funny to go back and read the posts from the first few pages of this one. So much has changed in a month.

Thig Lyfe
06-04-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm still convinced.

Mr. Krab
06-04-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm saying that now

58-4ever (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=6472), Adam (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1459), AJKCFAN (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=433), alanm (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=49), alnorth (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=2126), Ari Chi3fs (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=3057), big nasty kcnut (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=849), chiefsfan987 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=3156), ChiefsRoyalsMizzou (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=12013), ChiTown (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=45), Dave Lane (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=147), Demonpenz (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=3240), Dr. Johnny Fever (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=3584), DTchiefs58 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=9429), duncan_idaho (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=573), eazyb81 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=4418), farmerchief (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1574), Gdaddy (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=11660), GoHuge39 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=7137), Great Expectations (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=11348), Hootie (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=7186), InvinciBill (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=996), Jayhawkerman2001 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=6934), Jethopper (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=11924), jidar (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=5700), kc1977 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1211), KCCHIEFS27 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=8462), KcChiefsKing (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=11729), KChiefs1 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=4013), KcMizzou (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1782), KMEL (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=4356), Kyle DeLexus (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=10779), kysirsoze (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=9461), MoreLemonPledge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=11963), Mr. Arrowhead (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=9254), OmahaChief (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1526), Pioli Zombie (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=11687), Pitt Gorilla (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=240), rrl308 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=8861), SportsRacer (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=3500), THISmaqe (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=18), Wa-Z (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=6673)

ouch

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-04-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm still convinced.

Die hard buddy...

Deberg_1990
06-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Oct. 4th

At least i was right. :)

Archie F. Swin
07-22-2009, 10:06 PM
So, how's this goin for everyone?

MoreLemonPledge
07-22-2009, 10:09 PM
When I look at the poll, "I'm saying that now" is italicized. What does that mean?

Wait, I picked that one?

Oh. Oh, God. Seriously?

Thig Lyfe
07-22-2009, 10:10 PM
STILL CONVINCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Archie F. Swin
07-22-2009, 10:11 PM
STILL CONVINCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Dammit Carl!!:cuss:

FAX
07-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Man. Those are some heart-breakin' sonsabitches.

FAX

Pioli Zombie
07-22-2009, 10:13 PM
People. If you wait until October to enjoy it you will have missed it.
Go ahead. Take a leap. Have the best summer in years. If they make it thry make it. If they don't, well you had the best summer in years.
You holding back isn't going to effect it one way or another so live it up!!!

Go Royals!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh Dear God did I say THAT. I was an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
07-22-2009, 10:15 PM
David Carradine has a better shot of making the playoffs than the Royals do.
Posted via Mobile Device

At least a month later I saw the light
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
07-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Oh Dear God did I say THAT. I was an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile DeviceNot an idiot. You just underestimated the power of suck that is the Royals!

KcMizzou
07-22-2009, 11:39 PM
To the 'Ship!!!

Ultra Peanut
07-22-2009, 11:48 PM
Oh gosh.

Ultra Peanut
07-22-2009, 11:51 PM
Hahaha, the Cubs are one game out of first? lolwtf the NL Central is such an embarrassment.

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2009, 12:17 AM
Never?

KCChiefsMan
07-23-2009, 12:39 AM
lol, the Royals sure tricked us pretty good for that 1st month of baseball

Pioli Zombie
07-23-2009, 04:37 AM
The Royals fooled me like a woman. But the Royals never inspired me to ejaculate.

Now the Patriots........
Posted via Mobile Device

acesn8s
07-23-2009, 05:30 AM
Not an idiot. You just underestimated the power of suck that is the Royals!A tornado doesn't even suck as bad as the Royals.

Pioli Zombie
07-23-2009, 05:41 AM
The Royals suck so bad they should change their names to the Lewinskys.
Posted via Mobile Device

StcChief
07-23-2009, 05:56 AM
of 2020

Ultra Peanut
07-23-2009, 08:56 AM
The Royals suck so bad they should change their names to the Lewinskys.
Posted via Mobile DeviceTOPICAL! ZING!

Mr. Arrowhead
07-23-2009, 09:03 AM
im convinced now

Frazod
07-23-2009, 09:06 AM
I felt bad about being too pessimistic in selecting the Mid-September option. Of course, I was thinking about the 2003 season when the wheels fell off at the end.

At least they didn't keep us in suspense this time.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-23-2009, 09:55 AM
I refuse to give up.

OK I'm open to it.

CoMoChief
07-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Until we draft better and up the payroll and sign some players who can actually produce unlike Guillen, Jacobs etc, then this team won't be shit.......ever

Pioli Zombie
07-23-2009, 01:24 PM
The Royals stink like Betty White's cunt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
07-23-2009, 01:34 PM
I am already convinced. Gordon is going to have to fight for at bats when he comes back. We will see where we are by memorial day, all star break, then the stretch run. We finally have some depth down on the farm. we can bring up some players that won't embarrass themselves in the majors if we get some injuries

well I am an idiot

BWillie
07-23-2009, 01:37 PM
I said All-Star break, and sure enough, almost dead last by then anyway. Optimism is not needed. False alarm.

Deberg_1990
07-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Oct. 4th

I win. :)

Titty Meat
07-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Royals fans are stupid