PDA

View Full Version : Music Warrant Vs. Winger Vs. Cinderalla Vs. Poison Vs. Slaughter

Pages : [1] 2

Deberg_1990
05-07-2009, 07:27 PM
The Ultimate showdown. Who kicks more a$$ ???

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 07:31 PM
I got dragged to a Cinderella concert in high school and Winger was one of the opening acts.

According to Kip Winger, he and Reb Beach had more talent in one finger than the rest of the hair bands put together.

So I go with Winger.

Spott
05-07-2009, 07:40 PM
They are all horrible, but at least Poison didn't try to hide their gheyness(as much).

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 07:42 PM
They are all horrible, but at least Poison didn't try to hide their gheyness(as much).

No but two of them are trying to stay relevant by doing reality TV shows on VH1. So that's an extra strike against them.

Deberg_1990
05-07-2009, 07:46 PM
No but two of them are trying to stay relevant by doing reality TV shows on VH1. So that's an extra strike against them.

heh, what would reality tv do without washed up stars?

Consistent1
05-07-2009, 07:46 PM
I want a freakin' Ratt option man!

KcMizzou
05-07-2009, 07:48 PM
I want a freakin' Ratt option man!Way cool, jr.

Consistent1
05-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Way cool, jr.

That song sucks, but they had some pretty entertaining stuff for that era and style.

Spott
05-07-2009, 07:52 PM

Yeah, they do suck for that. Choosing between these four is about the same as having to choose the best basketball player between Gary Coleman, Webster, Mini-me and the little dude from Fantasy Island.

ChiefsFanatic
05-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Poison

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 07:57 PM

I remember wearing out my 45 of "Round and Round".

I love playing that song on Rock Band 2.

chiefs1111
05-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Is this a trick question????

KcMizzou
05-07-2009, 08:06 PM
I was always a huge Gn'R fan, but I was never really ashamed of that.

Poison's always been my guilty pleasure.

Edit: I have to admit to liking songs from all of these bands at one point or another. (Well, except for Winger.)

Crush
05-07-2009, 08:12 PM
No love for Europe? White Lion?

Crush
05-07-2009, 08:13 PM
No love for Europe? White Lion?

Okay, I was kidding about White Lion. Europe? The Final Countdown is a bitchin' hair metal song. That song, alone, elevates them to hair metal gods.

Reerun_KC
05-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Seen them all, they all rock equally...

Deberg_1990
05-07-2009, 08:16 PM

Its debatable whether or not GnR are hair metal. They just happened to have emerged from that same era.

Crush
05-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Its debatable whether or not GnR are hair metal. They just happened to have emerged from that same era.

Plus, they managed to survive Nirvana and Pearl Jam's wrath.

luv
05-07-2009, 08:24 PM
My best friend in junior high LOVED Slaughter. Especially the lead. I was always more of a Poison fan. No love for Motley Crew?

KcMizzou
05-07-2009, 08:26 PM
My best friend in junior high LOVED Slaughter. Especially the lead. I was always more of a Poison fan. No love for Motley Crew?Oh yeah. Back in the day, The Crue was second only to GnR.

Deberg_1990
05-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah. Back in the day, The Crue was second only to GnR.

Id put GnR, Crue and Def Leppard at the top of the class from that era.

KcMizzou
05-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Id put GnR, Crue and Def Leppard at the top of the class from that era.I agree completely.

I'm on record as having worn out my Hysteria cassette.

KcMizzou
05-07-2009, 08:31 PM
I had a buddy who was big into the Scorpions... I could never get into them at all.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Oh yeah. Back in the day, The Crue was second only to GnR.

Early Crue was killer. They got stupid after about 85. Dr. Feelgood was AWFUL.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 08:32 PM

One of those bands just doesn't belong.

Def Leppard...:Lin:

Crush
Def Leppard is not hair metal. They were just an awesome band.

htismaqe
I had a buddy who was big into the Scorpions... I could never get into them at all.

The early stuff was good. Loved "Blackout".

luv
05-07-2009, 08:33 PM

OOOOHHHH. Def Leppard was my favorite!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GpgjmpRddkA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GpgjmpRddkA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KcMizzou
05-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Early Crue was killer. They got stupid after about 85. Dr. Feelgood was AWFUL.I was 11 in '85.

Dr. Feelgood caught my attention... and I loved it... but I'd agree with you. The earlier stuff was better.

I just didn't discover it until later.

luv
05-07-2009, 08:34 PM

BLASPHEMY!

Deberg_1990
05-07-2009, 08:35 PM

heh. Im not ashamed to admit i like them. People forget how many millions of records they sold. Its not like the had some small following.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 08:38 PM
heh. Im not ashamed to admit i like them. People forget how many millions of records they sold. Its not like the had some small following.

Yeah, they sold millions of albums. So did New Kids on the Block. :p

luv
05-07-2009, 08:39 PM

You did NOT just compare DL to NKOTB. :eek:

KcMizzou
05-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Yeah, they sold millions of albums. So did New Kids on the Block. :pWhat has 60,000 legs and no pubic hair?

A Jonas Brothers concert.

(Still works.)

KcMizzou
05-07-2009, 08:41 PM
You did NOT just compare DL to NKOTB. :eek:Meh, he knows... hence the smilie.

Scorp
05-07-2009, 09:17 PM
XYZ
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ocQpe6wP1aw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ocQpe6wP1aw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

05-08-2009, 12:05 AM
I agree completely.

I'm on record as having worn out my Hysteria cassette.I still have the thing. Don't know how it survived so many different cassette players. It even got tangled in one stereo and I managed to get it out and repaired with no damage to playback.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 12:27 AM
"I'll take 5 bands who should drain the anti freeze from their tour buses, drink it, and jump in a fire for $500.00, Alex".

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 12:30 AM

You don't put pre-"Reach for the Sky" Ratt or pre-"Girls Girls Girls" Crue anywhere NEAR these losers.

That's a fact.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 12:31 AM
Early Crue was killer. They got stupid after about 85. Dr. Feelgood was AWFUL.

I KNEW there was another reason I liked you! :toast:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 12:33 AM
My best friend in junior high LOVED Slaughter. Especially the girl lead-singer! I was always more of a Poison fan. No love for Motley Crew?

Unlimited demerits! :shake:

Pitt Gorilla
05-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Id put GnR, Crue and Def Leppard at the top of the class from that era.None of those belong in the same thread as those in the OP. GnR, Crue, and Def Leppard all had talent.

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 12:45 AM
None of those belong in the same thread as those in the OP. GnR, Crue, and Def Leppard all had talent.

Um, Rod Morgestern from Winger was the drummer in Dixie Dregs.

Kip Winger was a big time session bass player and background singer before founding Winger.

Reb Beach played guitar on countless albums before Winger.

Paul Taylor was and still is a hit songwriter.

Say what you will about Winger but they most certainly did not lack talent.

And to the contrary about Crue and Leppard, I know for a fact that on several of their albums, those guys didn't even play on them. And Leppard after Pete was fired was a Mutt Lange creation.

Oh, one more thing. Despite the popular misconception, Guns 'N' Roses wasn't Axl or Slash.

It was Izzy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 12:47 AM
I was dicking around on you tube and came across this. The drum solo is cool and all, but fuckin' Jim Dandy at the end cracks my ass UP!

I gotta' start listening to more Black Oak Arkansas.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zPGI_nh133U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zPGI_nh133U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

05-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Leppard sucked after Hysteria.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 12:49 AM

Kip Winger was a big time session bass player and background singer before founding Winger.

And yet, their songs were cringe-inducing shit.ROFL

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 12:50 AM

For you.

For millions, they weren't.

The same could be said for Toto, yet those guys played on some the most influential and popular albums of all time.

They played on and wrote the majority of Michael Jackson's "Thriller".

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 12:54 AM
For you.

For millions, they weren't.

The same could be said for Toto, yet those guys played on some the most influential and popular albums of all time.

I can see your other points though.

Def Leppard pretty much begins and ends with "High and Dry" for me, the guys in Motley we're so fucked up during "Theater" I don't doubt your claim one bit, and GnR didn't sound like GnR after "Appetite".

Crush
05-08-2009, 02:18 AM
It was Izzy.

No love for Gilby Clarke? :p

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 02:22 AM

Do you take sugar? One lump or two?:doh!::rolleyes:

luv
05-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Unlimited demerits! :shake:

Yes, I am kicked out of the cool club because I misspelled Crue. Stone me and throw me in the river.

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 07:06 AM
You did NOT just compare DL to NKOTB. :eek:

Why yes, yes I did.

"I don't wanna touch ya too much baby, cause making love to you just drives me crazy!"

:Lin:

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 07:08 AM
You don't put pre-"Reach for the Sky" Ratt or pre-"Girls Girls Girls" Crue anywhere NEAR these losers.

That's a fact.

I'm fairly widely known as a "I like their early stuff" guy around here.

I like early Crue, I prefer AC/DC with Bon Scott, and for me, Motorhead is a 3-piece.

munkey
05-08-2009, 07:12 AM
What??? No quite riot or twisted sister?

hishighness
05-08-2009, 07:13 AM
The Ultimate showdown. Who kicks more a$$ ???Poison

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 07:13 AM

What they lacked was modesty and chemistry. They were all individually talented musicians. Wasn't it Kip that did the stint with Alice Cooper? Together, they were AWFUL. They could have done something unique - they had the chance to put together some kind of fusion masterpiece. Instead they took the Paul Gilbert/Billy Sheehan route (Mr. Big :Lin:) and put out god-awful radio rock.

And to the contrary about Crue and Leppard, I know for a fact that on several of their albums, those guys didn't even play on them. And Leppard after Pete was fired was a Mutt Lange creation.

Yep. Yet another band that was good early and awful after circumstances changed. Started with fire and ended up cashing in.

Oh, one more thing. Despite the popular misconception, Guns 'N' Roses wasn't Axl or Slash.

It was Izzy.

And yet another band that was good early and awful after circumstances changed. They had a good mix with Izzy and Slash. The more say Axl got in the creative process, the worse they got.

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 07:15 AM

As if that should be a badge of honor. :)

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 07:15 AM
I can see your other points though.

Def Leppard pretty much begins and ends with "High and Dry" for me, the guys in Motley we're so ****ed up during "Theater" I don't doubt your claim one bit, and GnR didn't sound like GnR after "Appetite".

:clap:

"Theater of Pain" was the album I was trying to think of when I was thinking "what was their last great album"?

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 07:16 AM

I will say this - live they sounded JUST as tight as they did in the studio. Very few of the bands of that era could do that.

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 07:17 AM
What??? No quite riot or twisted sister?

I loved Twisted Sister.

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 07:17 AM
I'm fairly widely known as a "I like their early stuff" guy around here.

I like early Crue, I prefer AC/DC with Bon Scott, and for me, Motorhead is a 3-piece.

Add Metallica without Cliff Burton to the list.

hishighness
05-08-2009, 07:18 AM
As if that should be a badge of honor. :)It's better than having Michael Jackson play with your kids I suppose.

Reerun_KC
05-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Plus, they managed to survive Nirvana and Pearl Jam's wrath.

Thank God that dude wasted himself with a shotgun, Saved the world from more junk music....

patteeu
05-08-2009, 07:35 AM
I'd rank them:

Cinderella
Poison
Winger

And I can't remember anything about Slaughter or Warrant so they don't make my list.

Stryker
05-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Add Metallica without Cliff Burton to the list.

Without Cliff Burton? You did not like "Kill 'em All", "Ride the Lightning" or "Master of Puppets"?

Stryker
05-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Warrant Vs. Winger Vs. Cinderalla Vs. Poison Vs. Slaughter

Of those 6 bands I would have to say studio wise - Cinderella

Live would be a toss up between Warrant and Poison - leaning towards Poison.

patteeu
05-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Yeah, they do suck for that. Choosing between these four is about the same as having to choose the best basketball player between Gary Coleman, Webster, Mini-me and the little dude from Fantasy Island.

Of those 6 bands I would have to say studio wise - Cinderella

Live would be a toss up between Warrant and Poison - leaning towards Poison.

Five, people. There are 5 bands listed in the title.

1. Warrant
2. Winger
3. Cinderella
4. Poison
5. Slaughter

LOL

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 07:56 AM
I have seen everyone one of those bands live multiple times so I would rank them:

1. Cinderella
2. Poision
3. Warrant
4. Winger
5. Slaughter

Chiefnj2
05-08-2009, 08:04 AM
I am proud to say I have never seen any of the 5 live in concert. Of the 5 that I have listened to on the radio, Cinderella would be the best. In fact, there is probably a copy of Long Cold Winter somewhere in the basement.

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 08:05 AM

It was Izzy.

Winger may have had talent but they only had 1 good album and I saw them live a few times and they were less than impressive.

Def Leppard's best record IMVHO was Pyromania but definitely Mutt Lange reshaped them into something totally different

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 08:28 AM
great white would burn this pole to the mother fucking ground

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 08:34 AM
bon jovi didn't discover cinderella, dane saw them playing kickball in junior high and decided to make them rock legends

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 08:35 AM

LMAO

That is the truth. I saw the other day they were going to be in KC or already played and I thought they no longer were a band or in jail.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 08:36 AM
LMAO

That is the truth. I saw the other day they were going to be in KC or already played and I thought they no longer were a band or in jail.

If they will i will video tape myself saying PLAY ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY AND GET THE FUCK OFF THE STAGE

teedubya
05-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Have to say, Poison.

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 08:42 AM
If they will i will video tape myself saying PLAY ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY AND GET THE FUCK OFF THE STAGE

Ok here is your chance they will be in KC June 13th

http://www.crossroadskc.com/

blaise
05-08-2009, 08:42 AM

It was Izzy.

Hooray for Winger. They still sucked. They most certainly lacked the talent of producing quality music.

blaise
05-08-2009, 08:43 AM
What about GreatWhiteLionsnake?

Chiefnj2
05-08-2009, 08:50 AM
About this same time, Lars Ulrich of the band Metallica could be seen throwing a dart on a poster of Kip Winger in the video for "Nothing Else Matters". When asked about this, Kip Winger once stated: "Our band was known to musicians, and a lot of musicians showed up to see me play - watching trying to figure out how I'm playing - we were like the 'hair band' [version of] Dream Theater -- That is why it's the great irony that we ended up on that geeky guy's shirt on Beavis & Butthead, because Metallica couldn't play what we play, they couldn't do it, they literally - technically couldn't do it. And I'll fucking challenge those chumps to that any day of the week, but we could play their music with our hands tied behind our back. And so, I was a little t'd off about that, but in the end, none of that shit matters..."

Hmm, lock Lars and Kip in a shipping container and don't let them out until one kills the other ... and the survivor starves to death.

blaise
05-08-2009, 08:55 AM
About this same time, Lars Ulrich of the band Metallica could be seen throwing a dart on a poster of Kip Winger in the video for "Nothing Else Matters". When asked about this, Kip Winger once stated: "Our band was known to musicians, and a lot of musicians showed up to see me play - watching trying to figure out how I'm playing - we were like the 'hair band' [version of] Dream Theater -- That is why it's the great irony that we ended up on that geeky guy's shirt on Beavis & Butthead, because Metallica couldn't play what we play, they couldn't do it, they literally - technically couldn't do it. And I'll ****ing challenge those chumps to that any day of the week, but we could play their music with our hands tied behind our back. And so, I was a little t'd off about that, but in the end, none of that shit matters..."

Hmm, lock Lars and Kip in a shipping container and don't let them out until one kills the other ... and the survivor starves to death.

I doesn't matter how skilled you are if you can't write something good. That's like an English teacher with great command of grammar that writes hack garbage stories no one likes saying she's a better writer than Cormac McCarthy. Maybe Metallica couldn't play what he could, the difference is he couldn't write what Metallica could.
Besides, his name is Kip. I think you're almost automatically a douche just for that.

Frazod
05-08-2009, 08:55 AM
I have seen everyone one of those bands live multiple times so I would rank them:

1. Cinderella
2. Poision
3. Warrant
4. Winger
5. Slaughter

This.

I've seen all these groups live. One of the last concerts I went to (early 2000s, before I declared myself too old and intolerant of drunken concert fucktards to go to concerts anymore) featured four out of the five bands listed. I assume that experience would have traumatized many of you. :evil:

Anyway, Cinderella put on one of the best concerts I've ever seen. Watching them on stage was like traveling back in time to 1985.

I've seen Poison twice - once without C.C. Deville (horrible) and once with C.C. Deville (very good).

The only band of the bunch I never cared for was Slaughter. The wife loves them, though.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 08:57 AM
poor winger their only song was about jailbait, fitting

blaise
05-08-2009, 09:01 AM

No one else in the world could have made that song. It was genius. Okay, maybe a band like Autograph could have, or even the Bullet Boys, but no one else could have.

- Kip Winger

Frazod
05-08-2009, 09:04 AM

I saw them in concert about 10 years ago and they were awful. I mean they sucked ass on every level. They were promoting a new album and didn't play any of the old material THAT EVERYBODY WHO WAS THERE WANTED TO HEAR AND THEY SHOULD HAVE DAMN WELL KNOWN THAT until the very end, and then they did it badly. And the new stuff was dreadful.

The people who got burned up in that night club fire were at least fortunate that they died at the beginning of the show instead of the end.

Consistent1
05-08-2009, 09:13 AM
bon jovi didn't discover cinderella, dane saw them playing kickball in junior high and decided to make them rock legends

He'll be along to tell the story soon....

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 09:14 AM
This.

I've seen all these groups live. One of the last concerts I went to (early 2000s, before I declared myself too old and intolerant of drunken concert fucktards to go to concerts anymore) featured four out of the five bands listed. I assume that experience would have traumatized many of you. :evil:

Anyway, Cinderella put on one of the best concerts I've ever seen. Watching them on stage was like traveling back in time to 1985.

I've seen Poison twice - once without C.C. Deville (horrible) and once with C.C. Deville (very good).

The only band of the bunch I never cared for was Slaughter. The wife loves them, though.

I am a huge huge fan of 80's hair band music since I grew up during that time but I refuse to go to any of their "reunion" concerts. I just think it would ruin it for me except for Bon Jovi who I went and saw last year. They put on the best concert I have ever been to. And yes I am a huge Bon Jovi fan so go ahead and laugh. :D

Frazod
05-08-2009, 09:19 AM
I am a huge huge fan of 80's hair band music since I grew up during that time but I refuse to go to any of their "reunion" concerts. I just think it would ruin it for me except for Bon Jovi who I went and saw last year. They put on the best concert I have ever been to. And yes I am a huge Bon Jovi fan so go ahead and laugh. :D

I like Bon Jovi - saw them back in the 80s and as recently as 2002 or 2003 (last concert I saw). They put on a great show.

As far as the reunion shows go, most I've seen have been enjoyable. As long as they realize that the audience wants to hear their old stuff and they do it well. It can be a crap shoot, though.

Consistent1
05-08-2009, 09:21 AM
I only have one more thing to add to this.....Dane's true identity.....drumroll please........mother-fucking George Lynch.....

Deberg_1990
05-08-2009, 09:22 AM
great white would burn this pole to the mother ****ing ground

I see your Great White....and raise you Skid Row, Brittney Fox or Whitesnake.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 09:27 AM
I see your Great White....and raise you Skid Row, Brittney Fox or Whitesnake.

stryyperrrrrr

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 09:28 AM
I bet hamas loves great white

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 09:30 AM
I like Bon Jovi - saw them back in the 80s and as recently as 2002 or 2003 (last concert I saw). They put on a great show.

As far as the reunion shows go, most I've seen have been enjoyable. As long as they realize that the audience wants to hear their old stuff and they do it well. It can be a crap shoot, though.

My g/f really didn't care for Bon Jovi but when we went to see them last year after the show she became a big fan that is how good they were.

I totally agree with the reunion shows I would definitely want to hear their old stuff. I might try to catch one this year.

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 09:31 AM
I have seen Skid Row a bunch of times too and Stryper wasn't bad. I bet they weren't real Christian guys though they had to fuck alot of chicks that weren't their wives.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 09:32 AM
you know you are a hairband drummer when you blow a kiss to the camera

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 09:35 AM
the whammy bar

Deberg_1990
05-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Best hair band videos: Twisted Sister with that dude from Animal House

Deberg_1990
05-08-2009, 09:42 AM
stryyperrrrrr

Trixter and Firehouse dawg!

patteeu
05-08-2009, 09:48 AM
I refuse to go to any of their "reunion" concerts.

I totally agree with the reunion shows I would definitely want to hear their old stuff. I might try to catch one this year.

Hmmm. That flip flop didn't take long, Barack. :p

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Hmmm. That flip flop didn't take long, Barack. :p

LMAO I haven't flip flopped yet. I might though it depends on who the band is.

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Def Leppard is coming to the Sprint Center with Poison and Cheap Trick in July. You want to go Pat? :D

Chiefnj2
05-08-2009, 09:57 AM
I only have one more thing to add to this.....Dane's true identity.....drumroll please........mother-****ing George Lynch.....

The way Dane defends Winger makes me think he is Stuart from Beavis and Butthead.

Frazod
05-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Def Leppard is coming to the Sprint Center with Poison and Cheap Trick in July. You want to go Pat? :D

I might lift my moratorium on concerts for this. Never seen Def Leppard. Poison is good (with original members). Cheap Trick rocks - I've seen them three or four times.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 10:03 AM
looooovee bitessss

LMAO

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 10:04 AM

I would be Ffff FFF FFF fooolin if i told you i didn't want to go.

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 10:08 AM
I might lift my moratorium on concerts for this. Never seen Def Leppard. Poison is good (with original members). Cheap Trick rocks - I've seen them three or four times.

I have never seen Cheap Trick but I love their music.

They still have tickets on sale you, me, Demon and Pat could all go. Now that would be an interesting night. :D

patteeu
05-08-2009, 10:09 AM
LMAO I haven't flip flopped yet. I might though it depends on who the band is.

I bet you'll be there if Extreme or Faster Pussycat are in the lineup!

FWIW, here's VH1's Top 40 Hair Bands of all time list:

1. Poison
2. Twisted Sister
3. Bon Jovi
4. Motley Crue
5. Cinderella
6. Warrant
7. Quiet Riot
8. Def Leppard
9. Slaughter
10. Dokken
11. Ratt
12. Winger
13. Whitesnake
14. White Lion
15. Great White
16. Lita Ford
17. Skid Row
18. Kiss
19. Britny Fox
20. Scorpions
21. Europe
22. WASP
23. Vixen
24. Firehouse
25. Danger, Danger
26. Mr. Big
27. Stryper
28. LA Guns
29. Trixter
30. Bullet Boys
31. Tesla
32. Saigon Kick
33. Kix
34. Autograph
35. Faster P*ssycat
36. Night Ranger
37. Steelheart
38. Jackyl
39. Extreme
40. Hanoi Rocks \ Michael Monroe

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 10:12 AM
102.1 loved them some def leopard

Frazod
05-08-2009, 10:13 AM

They still have tickets on sale you, me, Demon and Pat could all go. Now that would be an interesting night. :D

I'll catch a show in the Chicago area, thank you very much. :p

patteeu
05-08-2009, 10:17 AM

I just can't get excited about that one, which is weird because I used to be a big fan of both Def Leppard and Cheap Trick. And I've never had a big problem with Poison either. For what they were, a gimmicky band with a few catchy songs, they were pretty decent.

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 10:17 AM

1. Poison - Seen 4 times
2. Twisted Sister - No
3. Bon Jovi - Seen 6 times
4. Motley Crue - Seen once
5. Cinderella - 4 times
6. Warrant - 4 times
7. Quiet Riot - no
8. Def Leppard - once
9. Slaughter - once
10. Dokken -once
11. Ratt - once
12. Winger - once
13. Whitesnake - once
14. White Lion - once
15. Great White - once
16. Lita Ford - once
17. Skid Row - at least 5 times
18. Kiss - NEVER but I want too so bad
19. Britny Fox - once
20. Scorpions - once
21. Europe - once
22. WASP - no
23. Vixen - no
24. Firehouse - once
25. Danger, Danger - no
26. Mr. Big - once
27. Stryper - once
28. LA Guns - once
29. Trixter - once
30. Bullet Boys - no
31. Tesla - NEVER but I want to
32. Saigon Kick - no
33. Kix - no
34. Autograph - no
35. Faster P*ssycat - once
36. Night Ranger -no
37. Steelheart -no
38. Jackyl - once
39. Extreme - once
40. Hanoi Rocks \ Michael Monroe - no

Damn I have seen alot of those bands

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 10:18 AM

saturrrdayyy in the parrrk think it was the 4th of july

patteeu
05-08-2009, 10:19 AM

If I'd known Frazod was going to be in the mix, I might have had to reconsider. I owe that guy a hug.

Edit: And I don't want demon to feel left out. I've got enough hugs to go around.

Deberg_1990
05-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Rocklahoma bitches!!

http://rock.feverfest.com/

Frazod
05-08-2009, 10:21 AM

Well, shit, I guess I'm lifting my moratorium on concerts. They're playing in Tinley Park on July 17.

Def Leppard is one of the few intact bands that I haven't seen that I've always wanted to.

Frazod
05-08-2009, 10:21 AM
If I'd known Frazod was going to be in the mix, I might have had to reconsider. I owe that guy a hug.

Edit: And I don't want demon to feel left out. I've got enough hugs to go around.

Maybe next time. :D

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 10:25 AM

Cmon it would be fun. :evil:

I just can't get excited about that one, which is weird because I used to be a big fan of both Def Leppard and Cheap Trick. And I've never had a big problem with Poison either. For what they were, a gimmicky band with a few catchy songs, they were pretty decent.

Totally agree. I honestly never figured you a big 80's hair band fan. That is cool. :thumb:

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Rocklahoma bitches!!

http://rock.feverfest.com/

Damn if I went to that that would take care of Pat's list except for Kiss and Tesla. I can't imagine watching that many bands in one weekend I would probably become more deaf than I already am.

blaise
05-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Night Ranger is playing at Old Shawnee Days.

blaise
05-08-2009, 10:29 AM
So stay away from Old Shawnee Days.

KCUnited
05-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Enuff z Nuff already.

Frazod
05-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Night Ranger rules. :harumph:

Deberg_1990
05-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Well, shit, I guess I'm lifting my moratorium on concerts. They're playing in Tinley Park on July 17.

Def Leppard is one of the few intact bands that I haven't seen that I've always wanted to.

Maybe they will bring Taylor Swift with them to help rock out.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 11:00 AM
why does 38 special need two drummers for one drum line

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 11:04 AM
What they lacked was modesty and chemistry. They were all individually talented musicians. Wasn't it Kip that did the stint with Alice Cooper? Together, they were AWFUL. They could have done something unique - they had the chance to put together some kind of fusion masterpiece. Instead they took the Paul Gilbert/Billy Sheehan route (Mr. Big :Lin:) and put out god-awful radio rock.

I'm not denying that. What I addressed was the fact they had "no talent". That's absurd.

Yep. Yet another band that was good early and awful after circumstances changed. Started with fire and ended up cashing in.

Yep. Mutt programmed the drums, produced, sang backgrounds and edited that band together (the old fashioned way - with a razor, not "cut, copy, paste").

And yet another band that was good early and awful after circumstances changed. They had a good mix with Izzy and Slash. The more say Axl got in the creative process, the worse they got.

The "circumstances" you speak of were enormous amounts of fame of fortune, which allowed each member the opportunity to exercise their ego, especially Axl. Once Izzy became disinterested, the songwriting diminished and the chemistry was never the same after he left and Adler was fired.

I love Matt as a drummer (and we enjoyed several nights of debauchery in the mid-late 90's) but he was too stiff for Guns 'N' Roses. He's better in VR but VR would have been a much better band had Izzy decided to join.

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Without Cliff Burton? You did not like "Kill 'em All", "Ride the Lightning" or "Master of Puppets"?

No, read it again. Metallica without Cliff Burton = YUCK.

The only Metallica album I even own is "Kill 'em All". I can tolerate AJFA, but the "Black" album tears it for me - AWFUL.

Ebolapox
05-08-2009, 11:07 AM

Poison's always been my guilty pleasure.

Edit: I have to admit to liking songs from all of these bands at one point or another. (Well, except for Winger.)

your favorite band is winger, and all you eat are zingers
you're like a fruity pebble, your favorite flag is rebel
it's just too bad that you're a fag, and on a lower level.

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 11:08 AM
I doesn't matter how skilled you are if you can't write something good. That's like an English teacher with great command of grammar that writes hack garbage stories no one likes saying she's a better writer than Cormac McCarthy. Maybe Metallica couldn't play what he could, the difference is he couldn't write what Metallica could.
Besides, his name is Kip. I think you're almost automatically a douche just for that.

I mentioned a while back on another thread - I'm unabashedly a HUGE fan of Yngwie Malmsteen's early stuff, especially instrumental stuff like "Blackstar".

But have you ever heard the guys attempt to cover Hendrix? It's ATROCIOUS.

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 11:09 AM

Please, please. "Jailbait" is a Motorhead song and a great one. Kip wrote "Seventeen" which is altogether different. Don't ever say this again.

Deberg_1990
05-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Yep. Mutt programmed the drums, produced, sang backgrounds and edited that band together (the old fashioned way - with a razor, not "cut, copy, paste").

I suspect he did the same thing for his ex: Shania

All the drum backgrounds in her songs sound exactly like Def Leppard if you listen closely.

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 11:12 AM
The "circumstances" you speak of were enormous amounts of fame of fortune, which allowed each member the opportunity to exercise their ego, especially Axl. Once Izzy became disinterested, the songwriting diminished and the chemistry was never the same after he left and Adler was fired.

Steve Adler. Wow.

It's funny and somehow pathetic - when Slash was on AI this week, my wife had no idea who he was.

And the only way I could explain it to her was to bring up "you know, the guy that kept relapsing on Sober House"?

:shake:

Frazod
05-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Please, please. "Jailbait" is a Motorhead song and a great one. Kip wrote "Seventeen" which is altogether different. Don't ever say this again.

You seem tense. I think you should relax with a cold Coors Light and listen to some Loverboy.

:fire:

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 11:14 AM
motorhead has a song that I really like it is about cards or something, that is the only song i like by them they are overall weak

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 11:15 AM
You seem tense. I think you should relax with a cold Coors Light and listen to some Loverboy.

:fire:

ROFL

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 11:16 AM
motorhead has a song that I really like it is about cards or something, that is the only song i like by them they are overall weak

You do realize that with one negative rep from me, you'll go instantly from green to red, right?

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 11:17 AM
You do realize that with one negative rep from me, you'll go instantly from green to red, right?

from green to red! JUST LIKE HERM!

Frazod
05-08-2009, 11:17 AM
from green to red! JUST LIKE HERM!

Okay, that's funny. LMAO

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 11:19 AM
I might actually buy motorheads album is it still in print?

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 11:23 AM

I think he was referring to 17 being about a jailbait girl not the song jailbait.

Chiefnj2
05-08-2009, 11:24 AM

Izzy and his jujuhounds couldn't do it on their own either. With GNR, the sum was greater than their parts.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 11:25 AM
GnR came down with blistering riffs, explosive attitudes, and like an eight ball shifter for my mitsubishi lancer.

was fucking awesome!

The Franchise
05-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Poison

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I think he was referring to 17 being about a jailbait girl not the song jailbait.

I know, it was a joke.

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I might actually buy motorheads album is it still in print?

Actually, you can buy remastered versions of their early stuff just about anywhere.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Actually, you can buy remastered versions of their early stuff just about anywhere.

that is good i need to buy it put my good headphones on get some makers mark and get back to buying full albums for the entire experience. kick that shit old school

Sully
05-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Just bought our tickets for Def Leppard/ Poison. $300 bones, but well worth it, IMO.

Def Leppard was the first concert I ever went to, Europe opened for them. It was great.

ROFL I'll always hate Britney Fox for knocking Def Leppard out of the top of Dial MTV, back when they had that long run at #1.

As for the bands mentioned in the opener, I've only seen 1 live, Warrant. I'd rank them this way...

Cinderella
Poison
Warrant
Winger
Slaughter

But let's be clear...when I'm surfing through the channels on my Sirius, I'll stop on any of them.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 12:20 PM
DIAL MTV FOR THE WIN

Sully
05-08-2009, 12:23 PM
I'll always remember the first day we got cable, with the little white box that had the cord running to the TV (QUIT RUNNING THE SLIDER UP AND DOWN SO FAST< YOU'LL BREAK IT!!!!!)

First three videos I saw on MTV were...
"Just Like Paradise"
""Learning to Fly"
and
"Fat"

Good times.

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Izzy and his jujuhounds couldn't do it on their own either. With GNR, the sum was greater than their parts.

While I agree with the latter statment, Izzy wasn't even mining the same territory as GNR. He was going for "Exile on Main Street", not "Appetite for Destruction".

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 12:24 PM
WHERE IS MY DAMN YANKEES REFERENCE

rad
05-08-2009, 12:39 PM

1. Poison
2. Twisted Sister
3. Bon Jovi
4. Motley Crue
5. Cinderella
6. Warrant
7. Quiet Riot
8. Def Leppard
9. Slaughter
10. Dokken
11. Ratt
12. Winger
13. Whitesnake
14. White Lion
15. Great White
16. Lita Ford
17. Skid Row
18. Kiss
19. Britny Fox
20. Scorpions
21. Europe
22. WASP
23. Vixen
24. Firehouse
25. Danger, Danger
26. Mr. Big
27. Stryper
28. LA Guns
29. Trixter
30. Bullet Boys
31. Tesla
32. Saigon Kick
33. Kix
34. Autograph
35. Faster P*ssycat
36. Night Ranger
37. Steelheart
38. Jackyl
39. Extreme
40. Hanoi Rocks \ Michael Monroe

I can't believe Dangerous Toys isn't even on this list.

Oh, wait, yes I can.

blaise
05-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Did they have that UHF channel called The Box around here? It was like a poor man with no cable's MTV. You could call in and vote for them to show a video. I think you had to pay like .50 each time or something. I never called, I just watched. They would show videos all day. Especially Thiggish Ruggish Bone. Supposedly Bones Thugs and Harmony flooded the channel with calls so they showed their video all day.

Deberg_1990
05-08-2009, 12:41 PM
WHERE IS MY DAMN YANKEES REFERENCE

Hell yes! Styx/Night Ranger/Nugent Supergroup!!

Pitt Gorilla
05-08-2009, 12:53 PM
The early stuff was good. Loved "Blackout".

poor winger their only song was about jailbait, fittingWhat song was that? I'm having a difficult time recalling much Winger other than "Heading for a Heartbreak."

Of course, I don't recall much technically awesome about that song either.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 12:54 PM
What song was that? I'm having a difficult time recalling much Winger other than "Heading for a Heartbreak."

she's only 17 oh and fuck you for getting heading for a heartbreak in my head I thought I drank away the part of my brain that stored that shitstorm of a song, but nope Now it all comes back like a mullet dipped in hi karate

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 01:01 PM
What song was that? I'm having a difficult time recalling much Winger other than "Heading for a Heartbreak."

"Blackout" was Scorpions, not Winger.

Deberg_1990
05-08-2009, 01:04 PM
she's only 17 oh and **** you for getting heading for a heartbreak in my head I thought I drank away the part of my brain that stored that shitstorm of a song, but nope Now it all comes back like a mullet dipped in hi karate

In 1990, Winger was nominated for an American Music Award for "Best New Heavy Metal Band".

Deberg_1990
05-08-2009, 01:07 PM
IM ready for Mr. Big to make a big comeback.

Deberg_1990
05-08-2009, 01:09 PM
oh..and there was also this band called Little Caesar that i liked from the late 80's early 90's.

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 01:10 PM

Oh dear Lord no.

The worst thing Paul Gilbert ever did. From Racer X to Mr. Big. :shake:

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 01:10 PM
come on Mr. Mister

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 01:17 PM

Having hung out with both of those guys, I'd take Kip anyday of the week.

At least Kip knows he's a dick and can joke about it.

Lars? Not so much.

Lumpy
05-08-2009, 01:17 PM
All of those bitches were hot! ROFL

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 01:19 PM
I have seen Skid Row a bunch of times too and Stryper wasn't bad. I bet they weren't real Christian guys though they had to fuck alot of chicks that weren't their wives.

They were some of the biggest party animal/coke freaks around.

It was all a gimmick.

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 01:20 PM
The way Dane defends Winger makes me think he is Stuart from Beavis and Butthead.

No, it just makes me way more knowledgeable than you on this subject.

Liking or disliking someone's music is a matter of opinion.

Musical proficiency is not.

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 01:22 PM

Just like all Southern rock bands, they wanted to be the Allmans.

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 01:25 PM

Listen to Reb Beach shredding at the end of the song (Album cut, not single).

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Having hung out with both of those guys, I'd take Kip anyday of the week.

At least Kip knows he's a dick and can joke about it.

Lars? Not so much.

Kip has an over-inflated ego, alot of classically-trained and technically-proficient musicians do. I wouldn't say other than that, that he's a big asshole or anything. He's just cocky and he DID take alot of heat for the schlock they put out as Winger, so I'm sure he felt defensive.

Lars' has issues with the FANS, and that to me is unforgiveable. For that reason alone, it's not fair to Kip to compare the two.

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 01:26 PM

Done.

They've reunited already and are recording another album.

Paul's a neighbor. :p

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 01:26 PM
they had to be good guitarists to not be distracted by the sparkly dud plated komono they were wearing

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Done.

They've reunited already and are recording another album.

Paul's a neighbor. :p

Dude, tell your neighbor to put Mr. Big BACK in the box, re-dig the hole in the back yard, and BURY it FOREVER.

He needs to do an instrumental album with Marty Friedman before he does anything else.

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 01:27 PM
oh..and there was also this band called Little Caesar that i liked from the late 80's early 90's.

Supposed to be the "next" Guns and Roses. Geffen gave them a one million dollar signing bonus and they got another $500k from their publishing company. Those were HUGE dollars back then.

Unfortunately, most of that money went directly into their veins.

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Dude, tell your neighbor to put Mr. Big BACK in the box, re-dig the hole in the back yard, and BURY it FOREVER.

He needs to do an instrumental album with Marty Friedman before he does anything else.

Paul's doing quite well with his solo career (his wife's his "DJ" and keyboardist). Also, he doesn't have a backyard.

Just a view of the city.

:D

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 01:29 PM
There was a band back in the late 80's that only put out one decent album and I can't for the life of me remember the name. The only thing I can remember is that the redid Alice Cooper's "Eighteen" as like a bonus track or something.

Deberg_1990
Supposed to be the "next" Guns and Roses. Geffen gave them a one million dollar signing bonus and they got another $500k from their publishing company. Those were HUGE dollars back then.

Unfortunately, most of that money went directly into their veins.

Thats too bad. The one cassette i had of theirs was pretty dang good. They kind of had a soulful sound combined with a hard edge.

luv

Hell yeah! They sang To Be With You and.......uh......did they sing anything else?

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Paul's doing quite well with his solo career (his wife's his "DJ" and keyboardist). Also, he doesn't have a backyard.

Just a view of the city.

:D

Well, hopefully he at least made enough money off of that evil concoction of cheese and hairspray that he can support his guitar habit comfortably for the rest of his life.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Thats too bad. The one cassette i had of theirs was pretty dang good. They kind of had a soulful sound combined with a hard edge.

it was edgy and new really pushed the envolope

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Kip has an over-inflated ego, alot of classically-trained and technically-proficient musicians do. I wouldn't say other than that, that he's a big asshole or anything. He's just cocky and he DID take alot of heat for the schlock they put out as Winger, so I'm sure he felt defensive.

Lars' has issues with the FANS, and that to me is unforgiveable. For that reason alone, it's not fair to Kip to compare the two.

I met Kip in the 80's when I took my then young teenage sister to see them twice (Kemper and Sandstone). He was a total asshole. The rest of the guys however (Paul & Rod especially) couldn't have been nicer.

I ran into Kip two years ago.

Dane: "Kip! I took my little sister to meet you back in 1989".
Kip: "Was I a dick?"
Dane: "Yes, you were. And now you're going to apologize".

We stepped outside, called my sister (who's married with two kids) and I said "Hey, I've got someone here that wants to make an apology".

Kip apologized, took a cell phone pic to send to her and we've kept in touch from time to time.

I appreciated the fact that all of those guys could play their asses of (especially in a jazz-fusion vein) but I never cared for the band.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 01:34 PM
later on kip played an acoustic set for me and we made love as only kip winger can

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 01:35 PM
later on kip played an acoustic set for me and we made love as only kip winger can

LMAO

Scorp
05-08-2009, 01:43 PM
There was a band back in the late 80's that only put out one decent album and I can't for the life of me remember the name. The only thing I can remember is that the redid Alice Cooper's "Eighteen" as like a bonus track or something.

Hurricane.......... here is a link with their songs.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/hurricane-25711689/albums/over-the-edge--59432609

Fish
05-08-2009, 01:43 PM
When I think if Winger, I always picture Stewart from Beavis and Butthead....

http://intensities.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/stew7.jpg

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 01:44 PM
I appreciated the fact that all of those guys could play their asses of (especially in a jazz-fusion vein) but I never cared for the band.

Same here.

Same for Mr. Big, at least for me.

The only time I don't think I was disappointed when one of those guys joined a band was when Marty joined Megadeth. "Rust in Peace" is a masterpiece.

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 01:45 PM

OK, that's rep.

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 01:47 PM

And thanks to you, I now realize why I ever bought the album in the first place.

The guitarist and bass player were younger brothers of two of the guys in Quiet Riot.

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 01:48 PM
And listening to it now...

It's AWFUL.

ROFL

Scorp
05-08-2009, 01:56 PM
And listening to it now...

It's AWFUL.

ROFL

Yeah it sounded better 20+ years ago. :D

patteeu
05-08-2009, 02:00 PM
I sampled a couple of songs from Warrant and Slaughter and I've inserted them into my list. Really, the first two are the only ones that I'd bother listening to again though.

Cinderella
Poison
Slaughter
Winger
Warrant

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Yeah it sounded better 20+ years ago. :D

Released in 1988.

I wonder if it's time for a spin-off of my other thread about 1980? "What was the worst year in rock?" ROFL

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 02:01 PM
I sampled a couple of songs from Warrant and Slaughter and I've inserted them into my list. Really, the first two are the only ones that I'd bother listening to again though.

Cinderella
Poison
Slaughter
Winger
Warrant

Cinderella is yet another band that I liked the early stuff but the later stuff was unlistenable.

As for the rest of the list (other than Winger, who we've discussed ad nauseum) I would let you PAY ME to listen to that shit. Then or now.

Scorp
05-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Check out this band Southgang. ROFL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/42u6THtPEew&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/42u6THtPEew&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I call your Southgang and raise you one Bang Tango!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmx_Dnx5f-Y

(fuckers are getting back together and trying to market their shit, so no embed! :cuss:)

Scorp
05-08-2009, 02:15 PM

I still have that album on my pc. :p

How about this?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kNyaj-9IrIg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kNyaj-9IrIg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Scorp
05-08-2009, 02:18 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/219aiv7ZLiY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/219aiv7ZLiY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 02:18 PM
We could do this all day!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NgvoSwUoaQE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NgvoSwUoaQE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 02:19 PM
I know, it was a joke.

Well you suck at jokes :)

KCUnited
05-08-2009, 02:19 PM
London.

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 02:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmx_Dnx5f-Y

(fuckers are getting back together and trying to market their shit, so no embed! :cuss:)

Southgang may have been weak, but the band featured a young star in Butch Walker, producer and songwriter extraordinaire.

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 02:26 PM
LMAO at Hurricane. I actually bought that album and remembered liking it. I will have to refresh my memory on it now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 02:32 PM
This thread is annihilating any other thread that ever existed before it; HOC-Bound!!!!

Alright, let's get to work:

Thank God that dude wasted himself with a shotgun, Saved the world from more junk music....

I disagree. "Bleach" is a fantastic, raw record that kicks the shit out of anything that came after it. They never should have gone to Geffen. I went to that tour when they were opening for 24/7 Spyz at the Outhouse in Beak-ville; they kicked ass.

Why couldn't THEY have been booked at the Alrosa Village instead of Damageplan?

ROFL I liken it to Michael Angelo: Playing a 4-neck guitar is a unique skill, but no one's going to stick around for an entire set of two-handed wankage if you can't write a fucking tune.

No one else in the world could have made that song. It was genius. Okay, maybe a band like Autograph could have, or even the Bullet Boys, but no one else could have.

- Kip Winger

ROFL Actually BB were a fucking BEAST live; that singer got panties in a bunch with just a 200-yard stare.

I love FP, but Extreme can forever lick my balls for that goddamned, panty-wetter, Everly Brothers rip-off. The drummer in that video holds up his lighter at one point and had I been on the set, I would have augmented it with flammable hairspray and torched every one of those fuckers.

GOD: KISS!
1st Disciple: Hanoi Rocks
1. Poison???? Bull fucking shit, VH1; die in fire!
2. Twisted Sister
3. Bon Jovi
4. Motley Crue
5. Cinderella
6. Warrant
7. Quiet Riot
8. Def Leppard
9. Slaughter
10. Dokken
11. Ratt
12. Winger
13. Whitesnake
14. White Lion
15. Great White
16. Lita Ford
17. Skid Row
18. Kiss (WTF is THIS SHIT?!?!?!? Time to make a correction!)
19. Britny Fox
20. Scorpions
21. Europe
22. WASP
23. Vixen
24. Firehouse
25. Danger, Danger
26. Mr. Big
27. Stryper
28. LA Guns
29. Trixter
30. Bullet Boys
31. Tesla
32. Saigon Kick
33. Kix
34. Autograph
35. Faster P*ssycat
36. Night Ranger
37. Steelheart
38. Jackyl
39. Extreme
40. Hanoi Rocks \ Michael Monroe( You've got to be fucking kidding me!?!?!? Time for another correction! )

Anyone not highlighted; Ray Farmer wants to see you in his office!

Enuff z Nuff already.

I've actually got two of their tunes on my MP3 right now.

Because to much heroin makes you "hold on loosely" to your drumsticks, and two drummers increase the odds of making through the set with minimal fuck ups.

I'm not denying that. What I addressed was the fact they had "no talent". That's absurd.

I love Matt as a drummer (and we enjoyed several nights of debauchery in the mid-late 90's) but he was too stiff for Guns 'N' Roses. He's better in VR but VR would have been a much better band had Izzy decided to join.

Matt's a great drummer, but his "feel" wrecked GNR for me. He went on to tour with the Cult, but the drummer who recorded 'Sonic Temple' with those guys( Mickey Finn if I'm not mistaken ), his "rock feel" was just fucking tits.

No, read it again. Metallica without Cliff Burton = YUCK.

The only Metallica album I even own is "Kill 'em All". I can tolerate AJFA, but the "Black" album tears it for me - AWFUL.

Anything post-Justice = SHIT.

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Mickey Curry played on "Sonic Temple" (as well as a few other Bob Rock produced records. Ahem).

Matt played on 2001's "Beyond Good and Evil".

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Ok Hurricane isn't as good as I remembered. LMAO Over the Edge is still a pretty good song but the rest just sucks. Plus you can't be a real 80's hair band without a power ballad or 2.

Brock
05-08-2009, 02:44 PM
I still haven't listened to any of the new GnR. Should I?

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 02:46 PM
I still haven't listened to any of the new GnR. Should I?

I didn't care for it

Brock
05-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Also x2 on GnR going to shit when Izzy quit.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 02:47 PM
new gnr is crumbly

Mile High Mania
05-08-2009, 02:50 PM
This isn't even a fair fight... Cinderella, they were better than most back in the 80s and still today, they're rock solid on tour.

Warrant, Winger and Slaughter shouldn't even qualify for this debate... they had a few good songs between them, but nothing that rivals Cinderella's success.

dirk digler
05-08-2009, 02:54 PM
This isn't even a fair fight... Cinderella, they were better than most back in the 80s and still today, they're rock solid on tour.

Warrant, Winger and Slaughter shouldn't even qualify for this debate... they had a few good songs between them, but nothing that rivals Cinderella's success.

Poison was probably more successful than Cinderella but I agree about them being better than the other 3 bands.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Oh god here comes the warriers of cinderella, PUMP THAT DEVIL HORNS YOU ROCKERS OUT THERE ROCKERS OF CINDERELLA

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Mickey Curry played on "Sonic Temple" (as well as a few other Bob Rock produced records. Ahem).

Matt played on 2001's "Beyond Good and Evil".

There ya' go. Mickey Finn was the guy from Jetboy. The other records, I'm gonna' guess Dr. Feelgood and the Black Album.

Yep, that's definitely Matt on "Good and Evil".

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Oh god here comes the warriers of cinderella, PUMP THAT DEVIL HORNS YOU ROCKERS OUT THERE ROCKERS OF CINDERELLA

LMAO at Penz avy!!!!!!

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 03:01 PM
new gnr is crumbly

THIS sure as fuck isn't:
:rockon:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GU_AWntcqNA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GU_AWntcqNA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DaneMcCloud
05-08-2009, 03:04 PM
There ya' go. Mickey Finn was the guy from Jetboy. The other records, I'm gonna' guess Dr. Feelgood and the Black Album.

Yep, that's definitely Matt on "Good and Evil".

Feelgood, yes. Bob played bass and much of the guitars.

The Black Album? No. Though they had to cut so much tape for drum edits, the decay of each cymbal was cut off. They had to go back and trigger cymbal samples so that they would sound natural in each song.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Feelgood, yes. Bob played bass and much of the guitars.

The Black Album? No. Though they had to cut so much tape for drum edits, the decay of each cymbal was cut off. They had to go back and trigger cymbal samples so that they would sound natural in each song.

ROFL Jesus, that's horrible.

I think that last track on "Justice" was a drum machine.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v6kb5fvv6_A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v6kb5fvv6_A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Now that somebody has finally mentioned the Bullet Boys, it's time to unleash the perfect storm on this thread.

I saw Cinderella live in Ames Iowa as a headliner.

The opening acts?

Winger

and the BULLET BOYS.

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Now that somebody has finally mentioned the Bullet Boys, it's time to unleash the perfect storm on this thread.

I saw Cinderella live in Ames Iowa as a headliner.

The opening acts?

Winger

and the BULLET BOYS.

ROFL

BB only had one good album, but so did Cinderella.( And no, it wasn't Long, Cold, Douchebath!:mad: )

My bass player's cheez-lovin' girlfriend wanted to go see Warrant on their first tour through KC at the Granada Theater in KCK. So being young, with nothing better to do, I went along. We made it through two songs before she turned to him and said, "this sucks, can we leave"? ROFL

KCUnited
05-08-2009, 10:24 PM
ce!
I've actually got two of their tunes on my MP3 right now.

TIATOSGAT
thereisatonofshitgheyaboutthat

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 10:31 PM
TIATOSGAT
thereisatonofshitgheyaboutthat

Eat Winger-Penis.

Pitt Gorilla
05-08-2009, 10:56 PM
THIS sure as **** isn't:
:rockon:

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GU_AWntcqNA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>Yeah, techno is teh win. :spock:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Yeah, techno is teh win. :spock:

:shake: Try again please.

KCUnited
05-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Eat Winger-Penis.
after I smoke the bones of baby dolls, maybe.....maybe.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2009, 11:13 PM
after I smoke the bones of baby dolls, maybe.....maybe.

I approve.

MoreLemonPledge
05-09-2009, 02:55 AM
I didn't feel like reading all this, but the answer is Ratt.

edit: So somebody said Ratt on the first page. Good to know I'm not alone!

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-09-2009, 03:23 AM
I didn't feel like reading all this, but the answer is Ratt.

edit: So somebody said Ratt on the first page. Good to know I'm not alone!

"That ain't no bar, that's a saloon"!

RATT - 'Wanted Man' (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1833393)
<object width="425" height="360">

<embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=1833393,t=1,mt=video" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="360"></object>

htismaqe
05-09-2009, 06:22 AM
So I hopped in the wife's car last night and she has XM. Perfect opportunity as any to turn on XM 41 - Hair Nation.

I caught the last 45 seconds of Winger's "Hungry" before they laid my mind at the footsteps of fate...

"Bang Go the Bells!"

ROFL

Consistent1
05-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Anybody remember Kick Axe? They had a couple fun jams like On the Road to Rock, Alive and Kickin', etc. Just happened to think of them this morning.

Deberg_1990
05-09-2009, 07:59 AM
This doesnt sound so good to me...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yPcIi_SSick&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yPcIi_SSick&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mile High Mania
05-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Poison was probably more successful than Cinderella but I agree about them being better than the other 3 bands.

Sure, Poison sold more albums and had more top 40 hits, but Cinderella was the better band. I'm a huge hair metal fan, like most of the bands mentioned in this thread... but, I think Cinderella was one of the better bands of that era.

Consistent1
05-09-2009, 08:09 AM
This Kick Axe vid is soooo classic in a cheesy way, but the song still kinda rocks in a perverted way...hahaha....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FdEQa1Q983I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FdEQa1Q983I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Deberg_1990
05-09-2009, 08:09 AM
, I think Cinderella was one of the better bands of that era.
I would have to agree. I loved when they went to a more bluesy sound on Long Cold Winter.

dirk digler
05-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Sure, Poison sold more albums and had more top 40 hits, but Cinderella was the better band. I'm a huge hair metal fan, like most of the bands mentioned in this thread... but, I think Cinderella was one of the better bands of that era.

I agree with that. I was a huge Cinderella fan and actually had a couple of Cinderella T-shirts back in the day and owned all their albums. And I agree with Deberg Long Cold Winter was a great album.

StcChief
05-09-2009, 08:29 AM
80s hair bands... meh.

The Blues sound of Long Cold Winter pretty much says back to the "Roots of Rock".

Bowser
05-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Every single one of you tards fail for not mentioning THE GREATEST offering the 80's had to give....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P7eqxg92YG0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P7eqxg92YG0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LMAO

Bowser
05-09-2009, 10:17 AM
And just for THATsmack......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5AQbN_-zWBg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5AQbN_-zWBg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You're welcome. :D

Bowser
05-09-2009, 10:19 AM
HAY GUYS LETS GO PICK UP BITCHES AT THE TITTIE BAR

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pqs-DvkLJO8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pqs-DvkLJO8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Deberg_1990
05-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Every single one of you tards fail for not mentioning THE GREATEST offering the 80's had to give....

WTF?

Hair Metals version of We are the World?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-09-2009, 01:44 PM
This Kick Axe vid is soooo classic in a cheesy way, but the song still kinda rocks in a perverted way...hahaha....

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FdEQa1Q983I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

How can I put this? Okay.

The 45 seconds of that video that I watched, made me pine for a non-stop 24 hour marathon of the band "Autograph".
Did I mention "Autograph" was quite horrible?

80s hair bands... meh.

The Blues sound of Long Cold Winter pretty much says back to the "Roots of Rock".

Fuck Cinderella's "roots of rock". If you wanted blues roots outside of the first GNR record back in the day, THIS is where you went:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v8vTaPgKFn4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Or hell, even HERE:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TObiiq1SZFg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
Your welcome.:fire:

Hair Metals version of We are the World?[/quote]

ROFLROFLROFL

Consistent1
05-09-2009, 02:11 PM
How can I put this? Okay.

The 45 seconds of that video that I watched, made me pine for a non-stop 24 hour marathon of the band "Autograph".
Did I mention "Autograph" was quite horrible?

**** Cinderella's "roots of rock". If you wanted blues roots outside of the first GNR record back in the day, THIS is where you went:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v8vTaPgKFn4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Or hell, even HERE:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TObiiq1SZFg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
Your welcome.:fire:

Hair Metals version of We are the World?

ROFLROFLROFL[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like I don't know who Autograph is....ha.

Consistent1
05-09-2009, 02:29 PM
All joking aside, that Hear n' Aid vid has got a lot of serious bad mofos in it!

Scorp
05-10-2009, 05:40 PM
This is an EPIC song right here. If you don't like this you just plain suck!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GylirgHFqeQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GylirgHFqeQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Over-Head
05-10-2009, 07:37 PM
The Ultimate showdown. Who kicks more a$$ ???
I'll go with Cinderella, although they all rock!

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-10-2009, 07:40 PM
This is an EPIC song right here. If you don't like this you just plain suck!

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GylirgHFqeQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

I'll go with Cinderella, although they all rock!

And the GHEY has completely destroyed the thread.

Congrats!:thumb:

Deberg_1990
12-17-2014, 08:30 PM
Cinderella really put out some good shit.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Xbz5WUqWZfg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eDave
12-17-2014, 08:32 PM
I don't care what anyone says; the solo in Don't Know What You Got Til It's Gone" is the best hairband solo evar!!! Prove me wrong.

Home Sweet Home is a close second.

As a reminder, I am speaking of 90's hairbands.

cosmo20002
12-17-2014, 11:09 PM

Cinderella is by far--really far--the best of that bunch.
They were actually good. They had a really bad name though.

I don't recall much about Slaughter, but the other three helped make hard rock of that era into a joke.

Simply Red
12-17-2014, 11:24 PM

who are bands I've not listened to since 1986, Alex....?

Pitt Gorilla
12-18-2014, 12:32 AM
Cinderella really put out some good shit.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Xbz5WUqWZfg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>What's with all of the running, jumping, and kicking bull****? It was stupid then and it's stupid now.

Lzen
12-18-2014, 03:25 PM
I don't really listen to any of those bands nowadays and haven't for a long, long time. Reb Beach was a damn good guitarist but looking back, Winger was cheesy.

Cinderella actually had some good music that I could still listen to today. Nice, bluesy influence stands out in their stuff.

eDave
12-18-2014, 05:09 PM
I don't really listen to any of those bands nowadays and haven't for a long, long time. Reb Beach was a damn good guitarist but looking back, Winger was cheesy.

Cinderella actually had some good music that I could still listen to today. Nice, bluesy influence stands out in their stuff.

Word! :rockon:

Deberg_1990
12-18-2014, 06:31 PM

Yea I agree. Cinderella, was probably one of the best of the hair metal bands. Decent sound. Their look and name was just an unfortunate timing of the era.

I still listen to some hair metal at times. Although admittedly a good majority of it is infantile and the lyrics make my ears hurt now.

But some of the stuff still holds up like Cinderella.