PDA

View Full Version : Music Any Green Day fans?

luv
05-07-2009, 08:41 PM
I have to admit I like them. They're playing at Sprint Center on Aug 12. I thought about trying to go.

05-08-2009, 12:04 AM
They had a few good songs.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-08-2009, 12:08 AM
They had a few good songs.

Dookie rocked all the way around. I think this was my favorite Green Day song.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1f_62HvG2_8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1f_62HvG2_8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 07:04 AM
I was a big Green Day fan...

FIFTEEN years ago!

hishighness
05-08-2009, 07:17 AM
I have to admit I like them. They're playing at Sprint Center on Aug 12. I thought about trying to go.I liked them a lot when they first came out, I haven't hear any of their new shit.

MOhillbilly
05-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Luv, Hatebreed will be here 8-4-09. thats a show you wanna see.:D

patteeu
05-08-2009, 07:45 AM
I've liked Green Day since their Dookie CD (I saw them on that tour at Woodstock) and I think they've continued to put out good music, but I don't understand why they were the (pop)punk band that made it big while bands like The Offspring, Pennywise, and MxPx didn't. Especially The Offspring.

Fish
05-08-2009, 08:24 AM

You can also see them in KC on June 12th, along with Type O Negative. That'll be a good show too.....

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 08:26 AM
I've liked Green Day since their Dookie CD (I saw them on that tour at Woodstock) and I think they've continued to put out good music, but I don't understand why they were the (pop)punk band that made it big while bands like The Offspring, Pennywise, and MxPx didn't. Especially The Offspring.

offspring is pretty fucking big. I bet their concert in Kansas City sells out 15k or so.

patteeu
05-08-2009, 08:38 AM
offspring is pretty ****ing big. I bet their concert in Kansas City sells out 15k or so.

It doesn't seem like they've had nearly the success that Green Day has had. They're headlining their upcoming concert, but it's really a multi-band festival type thing rather than a stand-alone Offspring show and the price is pretty low compared to most bigtime shows (which is great). A couple of years ago, Offspring played the Uptown and I'm not even sure they sold it out. It was a great show, btw.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 08:41 AM
It doesn't seem like they've had nearly the success that Green Day has had. They're headlining their upcoming concert, but it's really a multi-band festival type thing rather than a stand-alone Offspring show and the price is pretty low compared to most bigtime shows (which is great). A couple of years ago, Offspring played the Uptown and I'm not even sure they sold it out. It was a great show, btw.

no they haven't had the success probably because dexter's voice is not great, and omg Pretty fly for a white guy + my girfriend = epic fail. jfc thanks for bring up the offspring now.

Sure-Oz
05-08-2009, 08:41 AM
I can't stand Green Day honestly...i think i like 1 song

patteeu
05-08-2009, 08:47 AM
no they haven't had the success probably because dexter's voice is not great, and omg Pretty fly for a white guy + my girfriend = epic fail. jfc thanks for bring up the offspring now.

LOL, sorry. I think Dexter's voice is one of the best voices in rock music though.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 08:48 AM
LOL, sorry. I think Dexter's voice is one of the best voices in rock music though.

lemme guess you like rush too :o)

patteeu
05-08-2009, 08:50 AM

I don't like Geddy Lee's voice if that's what you're asking. I don't know how you could compare the two. Aside from that, Rush is alright though.

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 08:55 AM
I don't like Geddy Lee's voice if that's what you're asking. I don't know how you could compare the two. Aside from that, Rush is alright though.

just giving you shit, but to answer your question the reason offspring isn't bigger is because they shot themselves after hearing pretty fly for a white guy. They are in idle hands and some girl in that movie isn't bad looking

patteeu
05-08-2009, 09:03 AM
just giving you shit, but to answer your question the reason offspring isn't bigger is because they shot themselves after hearing pretty fly for a white guy. They are in idle hands and some girl in that movie isn't bad looking

Yeah, when I was looking around trying to see what kind of record sales Offspring has had in comparison to Green Day, I read a few things about how Offspring had turned off their own punk fans and then pissed off their major label management later down the road so those things might have something to do with them not realizing the potential I think they have.

PunkinDrublic
05-08-2009, 09:36 AM

Green Day has just managed to put together more hits since Dookie. While the Offspring has had moderate mainstream success since smash came out in 94. Personally I like Billie Joes side projects more than Green Day. Pinhead Gunpowder, The Network and Foxboro Hot Tubs all great albums to check out.

patteeu
05-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Green Day has just managed to put together more hits since Dookie. While the Offspring has had moderate mainstream success since smash came out in 94. Personally I like Billie Joes side projects more than Green Day. Pinhead Gunpowder, The Network and Foxboro Hot Tubs all great albums to check out.

Thanks for the tips. I'll look out for them. I've never heard of any of them.

Mr. Krab
05-08-2009, 10:08 AM
I like 'em.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c87TKWgRyCE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c87TKWgRyCE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jewish Rabbi
05-08-2009, 10:38 AM
I'm sick and fucking tired of that damn "Know your enemy" song already.

BigRedChief
05-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Saw them once. They rocked it out.

Ebolapox
05-08-2009, 10:58 AM

it doesn't get much better than 'this is now.'

Ebolapox
05-08-2009, 11:00 AM

the offspring never made it big? yeah, ok, sure. what's your definition of 'big?' cause by all definitions I could use, they DID hit it big.

htismaqe
05-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Saw them once. They rocked it out.

Go see them now. You'll LOVE getting preached to about how your an idiot and sheep.

Ebolapox
05-08-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm sick and fucking tired of that damn "Know your enemy" song already.

rage against the machine?

Demonpenz
05-08-2009, 11:03 AM
naw it is green day's new song is it is being killed by every alternative station including satilight

DaKCMan AP
05-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Green Day is my favorite band. They're Awesome. Like DaKCMan AP.

patteeu
05-08-2009, 11:30 AM
the offspring never made it big? yeah, ok, sure. what's your definition of 'big?' cause by all definitions I could use, they DID hit it big.

Nothing like Green Day big as far as I can tell. The last two Offspring releases have dropped without much fanfare at all, but Green Day's new album hasn't even hit the stores yet and Green Day hype is about all I hear when I listen to music radio lately.

MOhillbilly
05-08-2009, 12:10 PM
got a NYHC dvd that has ricktalife or someone talking about how green day blew up and they were next.ROFL

CoMoChief
05-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Dookie was a good CD I thought.

MOhillbilly
05-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Hate em'. have since day one. pop punk power to the masses set off a tidal wave of green hair and lip rings.

Jewish Rabbi
05-08-2009, 05:01 PM
naw it is green day's new song is it is being killed by every alternative station including satilight

I don't even listen to radio... It's been all over ESPN and a few other sports networks the last couple of weeks.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2009, 01:15 AM

You dirty cock sucker......................

MoreLemonPledge
05-09-2009, 02:42 AM
Green Day is the epitome of "meh" to me. I won't turn off a Green Day song on the radio, but I sure as hell won't put in one of their albums.

BryanBusby
05-10-2009, 01:38 AM
http://www.rhapsody.com/green-day/21st-century-breakdown

Free preview of the entire new album from them. All I can say is, barf. About 3 minutes into 21 Guns...I hear a riff from the intro to Full House. No, seriously. Horseshoes and Handgrenades sounds like a track from The Hives. What a boring, useless album.

Pablo
05-10-2009, 10:35 AM
They're pretty meh...

Pretty much thought they were decent back in the 90's, but then they released garbage like 'Warning' and 'American Idiot'.

I don't mind hearing them every once and a while, like if I'm at the bar and someone plays them on the jukebox..but I'm not gonna spend my $.50 to hear anything they play.

Pitt Gorilla
05-10-2009, 05:28 PM
I've liked Green Day since their Dookie CD (I saw them on that tour at Woodstock) and I think they've continued to put out good music, but I don't understand why they were the (pop)punk band that made it big while bands like The Offspring, Pennywise, and MxPx didn't. Especially The Offspring.Offspring were/are pretty big.

I love their creativity.

Demonpenz
05-10-2009, 05:32 PM
yeah this new stuff, sounds like a frat guy would play to get laid

Demonpenz
05-10-2009, 05:33 PM
http://www.rhapsody.com/green-day/21st-century-breakdown

Free preview of the entire new album from them. All I can say is, barf. About 3 minutes into 21 Guns...I hear a riff from the intro to Full House. No, seriously. Horseshoes and Handgrenades sounds like a track from The Hives. What a boring, useless album.

LMAO WTF!

Spicy McHaggis
05-10-2009, 08:58 PM

Offspring post "Ixnay on the Hombre" is pretty bad IMO.

Although the pop-punk guys with the neck tattoos seem to like them.

Demonpenz
05-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Offspring post "Ixnay on the Hombre" is pretty bad IMO.

Although the pop-punk guys with the neck tattoos seem to like them.

the newest shit they have on the radio isn't horrible.

Spicy McHaggis
05-10-2009, 09:47 PM
I haven't heard it, I'll keep an ear open.

Ebolapox
05-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Nothing like Green Day big as far as I can tell. The last two Offspring releases have dropped without much fanfare at all, but Green Day's new album hasn't even hit the stores yet and Green Day hype is about all I hear when I listen to music radio lately.

I guess I can see what you're saying. they were huge when I was a senior in high school.

then again, quite a few bands that were huge when I was a bit younger have really fallen off--offspring and korn both come to mind.

chasedude
05-11-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm not going to the Green Day show but is anyone else going to the Rockstar Mayhem Festival July 21st in Bonner Springs. Slayer, Marilyn Manson, Cannibal Corpse... hell yeah!!

Anyone else heading to this one??

QuikSsurfer
05-11-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm not going to the Green Day show but is anyone else going to the Rockstar Mayhem Festival July 21st in Bonner Springs. Slayer, Marilyn Manson, Cannibal Corpse... hell yeah!!

I'm there.

Looking forward to Slayer, Manson, CC, Killswitch, and WHITECHAPEL

Hammock Parties
05-11-2009, 08:19 PM
i used to like them in the early to lat 90s, but am kinda annoyed with them now.

luv
05-11-2009, 08:44 PM

I have a friend going to that.

chasedude
05-11-2009, 09:05 PM
I have a friend going to that.

I have quite a few friends from around the St Joe area going. I'm hoping to grab a free ride with one of them.:D