PDA

View Full Version : Football What a game!!!

Over-Head
05-10-2009, 07:11 PM
What a game.
Thats all I can say.
1994, week 7 KC at Denver.
Couldn’t sleep for a bit last night, so I put the tv on NFL network to find a "rewind game"
I really don’t think I ever took the time to really watch and appreicate just how good of a QB Montana was.
Here’s a guy with "sore" ribs as broad casted and accecpt for this one monster (can’t remember his name ) getting to him once during the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> quarter his O line kept the man’s ass FULLY covered.
They blitzed him, they tried to sack him, contain him, chase him, NOTHING was working. And what magic he put on that football when he let it rip.

I got tired during the end of the 3<SUP>rd</SUP> quarter when Elway was making a charge down the field
I must say Montana to Hill, Montana to Allen was a neat thing to hear. Especially when you know whats going to happen next.

Just goes to show, I may not cheer for the red and gold, I can still apreicate great football.

I googled it today to discover that even though down 14 points Montana managed to win the game 31-28
Too bad your team sucks now:D (obligatory remark)

KcMizzou
05-10-2009, 07:16 PM
I watched it here Friday night. If you didn't see the end... you might as well not have watched it. I'd seen it before, and was still riveted.

http://www.mywavv.com/Scripts/ChiefsvsBroncos1993MNF.htm

Props to cmac.

KcMizzou
05-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Willie Davis was huge. I knew he caught the winning TD pass, but I didn't remember him playing such a big role throughout the game.

He's a Chiefs talent scout now. One of the only guys Pioli kept.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Yep. Great game. Probably the best game I can remember in Chiefs history.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Willie Davis was huge. I knew he caught the winning TD pass, but I didn't remember him playing such a big role throughout the game.

Thats interesting. Didn't know that.

KcMizzou
05-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Thats interesting. Didn't know that.I didn't either, until I read it in the paper. They only kept three guys from the scouting staff, and he's one of them. I didn't know he was a scout for us in the first place.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-11-2009, 12:01 PM
"Lord take me now, i have seen it all"

osumatt
05-11-2009, 12:17 PM
I have it on my DVR to watch sometime in the near future.

HC_Chief
05-11-2009, 12:18 PM
I've watched it about a dozen times over the years; glad I had a taped copy. The night the game was played I was a bit on the tipsy side; remember cheering like a madman, but that's about it. :D

MOhillbilly
05-11-2009, 12:34 PM

Davis muffed many or more than he ever caught.

Baby Lee
05-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Yep. Great game. Probably the best game I can remember in Chiefs history.

The 33-6 beatdown of the Bills on MNF, the Houston playoff game, and the demolition of Ryan Leaf were up there, too.

Over-Head
05-11-2009, 05:31 PM
The 33-6 beatdown of the Bills on MNF, the Houston playoff game, and the demolition of Ryan Leaf were up there, too.
I'm still trying to find a copy of the 45-0 game we pounded Tampa right after chuckie left Oakland.
I still remember Waren Sapp's comment "If I had known we'd get beat this bad I wouldn't have got off the damn bus"

big nasty kcnut
05-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Oh they have nfl network in nova scotia.
Posted via Mobile Device

Over-Head
05-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Oh they have nfl network in nova scotia.
Posted via Mobile DeviceProbably, but I live in NL :D and YES we have it here:spock: