PDA

View Full Version : Video Games New Madden 2010 Video from ESPN

mfkrush
05-13-2009, 10:16 AM
www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/madden-10-pro-tak-developer-video

Video of the Madden 10 developers discussing the Pro-Tak technology. I can't wait to play Madden to see how it's implemented. Animations look a lot more realistic and better.

KCrockaholic
05-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Ive been doing a lot of research on the next madden lately and it actually looks like they may have gotten it right this time. It looks very very good this year gameplay wise. My question is what have they done to franchise mode? They have a lot of work when it comes to the franchise mode.

The Franchise
05-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Jesus is only an 85 overall?

BigChiefFan
05-13-2009, 11:16 AM
The graphics are tight. Very impressive.

Agreed on Franchise mode-how come you can't change teams on franchise mode? I also think they need at least 50 years for franchise mode.

The Franchise
05-13-2009, 11:31 AM
The graphics are tight. Very impressive.

Agreed on Franchise mode-how come you can't change teams on franchise mode? I also think they need at least 50 years for franchise mode.

50 years? How about they work on fixing the first fucking 20 years of the franchise mode? As it is now.....every other team in the league runs out of salary cap room after 2-3 years.....and the teams draft completely retarded. I've seen a team stack up on RBs and have four 90 overall RBs and they're paying them $20-$30 million a piece.

They need to make it so the teams aren't retarded in every aspect of the game before they start adding on years.

BigChiefFan
05-13-2009, 11:49 AM
50 years? How about they work on fixing the first ****ing 20 years of the franchise mode? As it is now.....every other team in the league runs out of salary cap room after 2-3 years.....and the teams draft completely retarded. I've seen a team stack up on RBs and have four 90 overall RBs and they're paying them $20-$30 million a piece.

They need to make it so the teams aren't retarded in every aspect of the game before they start adding on years.With Blue Ray capacity, there's no reason not to have BOTH. I'm just talking about adding additional years, you wouldn't think the programming would be that difficult, considering all the information contained within a baseball game franchise mode. Just sayin'.

Agreed, that the franchise mode has alot of work to improve, but I just really get sick of building up a player and having him start for my team for a long time and then never getting the chance to even come close with the next player at that position, because the entire franchise is cut short, with ROOKIES on the team. Also, why can't you CHANGE FRANCHISES within the 30 year span? That's my big gripe on why I really think it needs to be improved, besides that, there are ALREADY several teams in the NFL , that have over 30 years within the league. To each his own.

Hammock Parties
05-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Fuck Electronic Farts.

Buck
05-13-2009, 12:31 PM
What do you think the player ratings are going to be for the Chiefs?

I'll do the Chargers

Rivers: 92
Tomlinson: 90
Sproles: 86
Gates: 95
Vincent Jackson: 89
Chris Chambers: 87

Merriman: 95
Philips: 92
Cromartie: 88
Jammer: 90
Jamal Williams: 91
Weddle: 72

Hammock Parties
05-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Could you overrate Jammer a bit more?

Cromartie > Jammer

Jammer reminds me of Eric Warfield.

BigChiefFan
05-13-2009, 12:38 PM
I think they'll have Tyson Jackson as an 84. McGee as 78 and worse from there for the rookies. I think the Chiefs highest rated player will be Waters. I can't see many rated in the 90's for us.

The Franchise
05-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Cassel - 82
LJ - 84
Bowe - 88
Bradley - 76
Engram - 76
Waters - 92
Albert - 86

Vrabel - 82
DJ - 84
T. Jackson - 82
Flowers - 84

Colquitt - 96 FTW!!!!!

Buck
05-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Could you overrate Jammer a bit more?

Cromartie > Jammer

Jammer reminds me of Eric Warfield.

You dont watch the Chargers as much as I do.

Cromartie cant open field tackle, and Jammer is probably the best open field tackler in the NFL. You cannot deny this to be true. I don't know where to find them but check out Jammers stats from the last 3 years or so. He doesn't get torched like he did when he was younger.

Hammock Parties
05-13-2009, 12:42 PM

Cromartie cant open field tackle, and Jammer is probably the best open field tackler in the NFL. You cannot deny this to be true. I don't know where to find them but check out Jammers stats from the last 3 years or so. He doesn't get torched like he did when he was younger.

Open-field tackling is a tertiary skill for cornerbacks.

I saw Dwayne Bowe murder Jammer off the line of scrimmage play after play after play in two games last year...and Bowe is not that quick off the line.

Jammer is a decent corner but Cromartie has Dale-Carter like talent...

kcxiv
05-13-2009, 12:43 PM
With Blue Ray capacity, there's no reason not to have BOTH. I'm just talking about adding additional years, you wouldn't think the programming would be that difficult, considering all the information contained within a baseball game franchise mode. Just sayin'.

Agreed, that the franchise mode has alot of work to improve, but I just really get sick of building up a player and having him start for my team for a long time and then never getting the chance to even come close with the next player at that position, because the entire franchise is cut short, with ROOKIES on the team. Also, why can't you CHANGE FRANCHISES within the 30 year span? That's my big gripe on why I really think it needs to be improved, besides that, there are ALREADY several teams in the NFL , that have over 30 years within the league. To each his own.They wont make one game more superior then the other. Meaning versions. They wont add to the PS3 if they cant to the 360 version. It just will NOT happen.

They are hyping this gang tackling crap way to much. The game wont be great until they redo their animation systems which they said they wanted too, but decided to do 9 man gang tackling for some stupid fucked up reason.

They still dont have good route running or a momentum system. Its still a good 2011-2012 away from being a good game. They cant fix everything in 1 year when everything was so bad and broken.

KCrockaholic
05-13-2009, 12:45 PM

Your correct. Cromartie got beat a lot last year. Jammer is closer to being a "lockdown" corner than Cromartie. Cromartie is more of a high risk, high reward type player. Cromartie reminds me a little bit of Deangelo Hall, but better of course.

Hammock Parties
05-13-2009, 12:45 PM
BTW, I did see the XBOX360 has really come down in price. If Madden is actually good this year and has a deep franchise mode I might make the switch...

Buck
05-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Open-field tackling is a tertiary skill for cornerbacks.

I saw Dwayne Bowe murder Jammer off the line of scrimmage play after play after play in two games last year...and Bowe is not that quick off the line.

Jammer is a decent corner but Cromartie has Dale-Carter like talent...

FWIW, Jammer was rated as a 93 last year and Cromartie a 92.

Jammer does get burned now and again, but hes definitely the DB on the Chargers.

KCrockaholic
05-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Cassel - 82
LJ - 84
Bowe - 88
Bradley - 76
Engram - 76
Waters - 92
Albert - 86

Vrabel - 82
DJ - 84
T. Jackson - 82
Flowers - 84

Colquitt - 96 FTW!!!!!

Cassel - 86
LJ - 85
Bowe - 89
Bradley - 75
Engram - 76
Waters - 91
Albert - 88

Vrabel - 82
DJ - 86
Jackson - 81
Flowers - 86

Colquitt - 96

Hammock Parties
05-13-2009, 12:57 PM
OK, this is interesting. I guess Cromartie had a really awful year...not that Jammer's 39% success rate is all that good, either. Good corners are around 60 percent according to football outsiders.

It was clear that Cromartie had a down year; but just how awful you don't realize until you see some of the more detailed statistics. He allowed just over 11 yards per attempt, virtually double Jammers figure and had a forced incompletion rate of just 13%; roughly one third Jammers rate.

He had the hip injury early and that clearly hampered him; and some of his numbers were the result of safety play, but Jammer played with the same safeties. Even last year his yards per attempt were high, but then he had the interceptions which more than made up for it. Quarterbacks also had an awful lot of time to throw the ball in Merriman's absence, the lack of a pass rush certainly contributed too. Still at some point you have to say that Jammer played under the same conditions and played remarkably better; next season should be make or break for Cromartie.

Cromartie was also a pretty tepid tackler, partly that may be the result of his hip injury, but he often just looked awful when confronted with larger ball carriers. Last season I was thinking they should have been trying to sign him to a long term contract; it looks like waiting was pretty shrewd.

So your whole defense sucks. Nothing new here. :D

Buck
05-13-2009, 01:10 PM
OK, this is interesting. I guess Cromartie had a really awful year...not that Jammer's 39% success rate is all that good, either. Good corners are around 60 percent according to football outsiders.

So your whole defense sucks. Nothing new here. :D

I cant wait to see the defense w/ a Healthy Merriman/Cromartie.

Our Pass Rush, on paper, should be incredible this year. I don't see teams passing all over us again this year.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Madden 2010 Franchise Improvement,
Looks pretty Good!

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/04/06/madden-nfl-10-franchise-mode-improvements.aspx

Madden NFL 10: Franchise Mode improvements
Posted On: Apr. 6, 2009 1:59 PM EST By: EA_JoshLooman 418 Comments

Hey Madden fans, it's that time again...time for another weekly blog update! I’m Josh Looman, senior designer on Madden NFL 10. First some background on me…my most recent role was as the lead designer on NFL Head Coach ’09. Prior to that, I was the ‘Franchise Designer’ on Madden 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 for PS2 and Xbox. When the opportunity was presented to me to re-join Phil Frazier, Ian Cummings, and Donny Moore on the Madden team, I dropped everything and came aboard.

This week I wanted to give you an update on what we’re addressing in franchise mode this year. We’re probably going to have a few blogs about franchise mode from now until August, so I’m just going to touch on a couple of things we’ve been working on since I joined the team.

One thing we learned on NFL Head Coach ’09 was that in order to have a great franchise mode, you need a solid base. You wouldn’t put a 2nd or 3rd addition on your house if the foundation is crumbling, right?

Since our ‘foundation’ is the logic behind every decision made in franchise mode, we knew we really wanted to address that foundation before anything else major was applied. I know some folks may be expecting the entire NFL Head Coach ’09 game to be dropped into Madden this year, but that’s not going to happen. We have a lot of work to do and it’s going to take us some time to start with the core of franchise mode and take it where we all want it to be.

I’ll break down some of the problems we’ve encountered so far and talk about how we’re addressing them below.

Offseason Player Signing Logic

When we sat down and started taking a look at the logic, the #1 area that stood out to us was how teams handled player decisions in the offseason. After a simulated season, many teams were cutting players left and right in free agency to upgrade much lesser needs (like punter and full back). In fact, that first year we saw the Colts cut Peyton Manning to sign a punter.

We dug through some of the logic and found out that CPU teams were just being too rigid when it came to upgrading positions on their team. They all felt like their #1 priority was to field the best team possible, but when it came to clearing cap room they could possibly just cut the player who would save them the most. Thankfully, this has been addressed. Teams are much more mindful of the amount of cap room they have in free agency now…if they have no room, they’ll pass on that new punter.

Another thing we addressed was contract amounts. We’ve scaled player ratings differently this year, so we needed to make sure a starter in the league was paid like a starter. It’ll be tougher to cherry pick in free agency now, as an 80 overall defensive end is going to ask for the money he’d be paid in real life. We also increased signing bonuses and salaries for elite players. We found that the max a player could get paid was about 60 million over 7 years in previous versions of the game. We fixed that so you’ll see elite players like Asomugha and Haynesworth sign those $100 million dollar deals.

We’re also focusing on the re-sign player stage, making sure that teams intelligently decide whether to keep or release their upcoming free agents. If a team cannot afford to re-sign a player, he’ll become a free agent. It’s that simple.

The Draft

The other big thing we’ve looked at so far is everything surrounding the Draft. After joining the team, I ran through a season and started doing some in-season scouting. Three issues presented themselves immediately:

• When I scouted a player, it was a pretty cumbersome experience. I had to click on a player, enter a sub-screen and then click on him again just to start the first level of scouting.

• After I scouted a player for a few weeks, the comments never seemed to change. Beyond that, they were pretty vague and really told me very little about the player.

• The screen for in-season scouting was actually quite buried as well. Placing it within the “owner mode” sub-menu meant that very few people would necessarily know to go use it.

To fix these issues, we first made the interface a lot easier to use (which we’ll show screenshots of quite soon). Second, we re-vamped the scouting system so that you unlock more comments as you scout the player longer. The comments can go from being broad (We think his awareness is no higher than 80) to telling you exactly what his key ratings are if you scout him the entire time. It won’t tell you his overall rating, but it will give you his potential, which is what you should make your decision off of.

One nice addition that we were able to take from Head Coach was how we handle the rookies in the Draft. We now create every rookie by hand, just like you saw in NFL Head Coach ’09. You might even see a few famous rookies make a re-appearance from those drafts.

In addition, we also have the ability to determine where a player SHOULD be drafted and what his potential is. So we can create busts and sleepers just using those systems. Drafting a player in the top 10 will no longer guarantee that he is a great player in Madden NFL 10. Unless you do some scouting (like the real teams do), you might just pick up this year’s Vernon Gholston. On the flip side, you might also find the next Tom Brady or Marques Colston in later rounds. One piece of advice…don’t be enamored with workout warriors. Running a 4.2 forty or benching a small concrete block does not automatically make you a good football player.

The big thing we’re working on as we speak is the Draft logic. I promise you…you will not see the Colts take a QB in the first round and then in the 3rd, 5th, etc. These type of logic tweaks are happening across the board and the draft is no different.

NCAA Import Draft Class tuning

We have been doing quite a bit of tuning on the NCAA Import Draft classes, as we saw a lot of feedback on the forums regarding this area in general. Here are a few of the changes:

• Added the 5 new QB ratings (Throw on Run, Play Action, Short Accuracy, Mid Accuracy, Deep Accuracy). Since NCAA Football does not have the new ratings in their game to use as a base, we will be using Throw Accuracy for the 3 Madden Accuracy ratings. For Throw on Run, we take a combo of their Speed + Throw Power. For Play Action, we use a combo of Awareness + Throw Accuracy.

• Tuned the import draft class feature to be more superstar based. The community feedback matched our own in the feeling that were too many superstars coming in from NCAA. There was not much of a difference from the 1st Round Picks to the 5th round picks. Nearly all the players were 75+ OVR rated and we felt like that was too high for your average draft picks. We have tuned this quite a bit to ensure that the elite guys will still be elite, but you should expect the middle and lower round guys to be rated much lower in Madden 10 (with a few gems buried in there as well).

Progression

Finally we get to progression, easily one of the most often-discussed areas of Franchise mode in the community for Madden NFL 09. Donny Moore did a lot of good work with progression prior to my joining the team and I’ve been able to keep tweaking it since. Here are the major changes we’ve made so far:

• Older players will digress much faster. In fact, when a running back hits 30, he’s going downhill at warp speed.

• Younger players will progress quickly if they play well. We’re talking up 10 points in overall if he has a great year.

• Veteran players will still progress, but not substantially. They can also digress if they play poorly.

• We added more stat categories to determine a player’s success/failure for a season. For example, if you lead the league in rush TD’s but don’t do all that well in total rushing yards, you’ll still be able to progress accordingly. And it’s not just yards, and TD’s, it’s other stats like rushing attempts and rush yards per carry. This was done across the board for all positions.

• Removed age from ranking players. Some people may not know this but our previous progression systems would ranked each player statistically against players around the same age. Meaning that older players would only be ranked against other older players when determining how well they performed. This often created the situation where those older players never dropped even with sub-par years because other players in their ‘age group’ weren’t performing well either. Now, all players are ranked against all other players at that position, regardless of career phase.

The “potential” rating is another sort of ‘hidden’ addition that we are changing up this year to impact progression (and Franchise mode overall). Every player in the game has a potential rating that he cannot exceed (a la NFL Head Coach 09). This year, we’re actually exposing that rating so you’ll have an idea why your player is not progressing - typically a situation where his potential is maxed out. Exposing this rating also help quite a bit in making personnel decisions when contracts are up. One key detail here is that you’ll only see potential for players on your own team. CPU player potentials will be hidden.

Ok, guys…I’ve probably gone on long enough. Next time I’ll talk about trade logic, hall of fame logic, regular season free agency, salary cap tuning, coach boosts and tons of other franchise stuff.

- Josh Looman
Senior Designer, Madden NFL 10

Hammock Parties
05-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Damn. They may test my willpower this year. I don't think I can resist if it's as good as it sounds.

The Franchise
05-13-2009, 05:53 PM
If all of that is true.....then I'll be happy. I'm not holding my breath though.

chiefs1111
05-13-2009, 06:07 PM
It all sounds good so far. I hope they will actually deliver on what they promise for this years game

KCrockaholic
05-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Madden 2010 Franchise Improvement,
Looks pretty Good!

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/04/06/madden-nfl-10-franchise-mode-improvements.aspx

Madden NFL 10: Franchise Mode improvements
Posted On: Apr. 6, 2009 1:59 PM EST By: EA_JoshLooman 418 Comments

Hey Madden fans, it's that time again...time for another weekly blog update! I’m Josh Looman, senior designer on Madden NFL 10. First some background on me…my most recent role was as the lead designer on NFL Head Coach ’09. Prior to that, I was the ‘Franchise Designer’ on Madden 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 for PS2 and Xbox. When the opportunity was presented to me to re-join Phil Frazier, Ian Cummings, and Donny Moore on the Madden team, I dropped everything and came aboard.

This week I wanted to give you an update on what we’re addressing in franchise mode this year. We’re probably going to have a few blogs about franchise mode from now until August, so I’m just going to touch on a couple of things we’ve been working on since I joined the team.

One thing we learned on NFL Head Coach ’09 was that in order to have a great franchise mode, you need a solid base. You wouldn’t put a 2nd or 3rd addition on your house if the foundation is crumbling, right?

Since our ‘foundation’ is the logic behind every decision made in franchise mode, we knew we really wanted to address that foundation before anything else major was applied. I know some folks may be expecting the entire NFL Head Coach ’09 game to be dropped into Madden this year, but that’s not going to happen. We have a lot of work to do and it’s going to take us some time to start with the core of franchise mode and take it where we all want it to be.

I’ll break down some of the problems we’ve encountered so far and talk about how we’re addressing them below.

Offseason Player Signing Logic

When we sat down and started taking a look at the logic, the #1 area that stood out to us was how teams handled player decisions in the offseason. After a simulated season, many teams were cutting players left and right in free agency to upgrade much lesser needs (like punter and full back). In fact, that first year we saw the Colts cut Peyton Manning to sign a punter.

We dug through some of the logic and found out that CPU teams were just being too rigid when it came to upgrading positions on their team. They all felt like their #1 priority was to field the best team possible, but when it came to clearing cap room they could possibly just cut the player who would save them the most. Thankfully, this has been addressed. Teams are much more mindful of the amount of cap room they have in free agency now…if they have no room, they’ll pass on that new punter.

Another thing we addressed was contract amounts. We’ve scaled player ratings differently this year, so we needed to make sure a starter in the league was paid like a starter. It’ll be tougher to cherry pick in free agency now, as an 80 overall defensive end is going to ask for the money he’d be paid in real life. We also increased signing bonuses and salaries for elite players. We found that the max a player could get paid was about 60 million over 7 years in previous versions of the game. We fixed that so you’ll see elite players like Asomugha and Haynesworth sign those $100 million dollar deals.

We’re also focusing on the re-sign player stage, making sure that teams intelligently decide whether to keep or release their upcoming free agents. If a team cannot afford to re-sign a player, he’ll become a free agent. It’s that simple.

The Draft

The other big thing we’ve looked at so far is everything surrounding the Draft. After joining the team, I ran through a season and started doing some in-season scouting. Three issues presented themselves immediately:

• When I scouted a player, it was a pretty cumbersome experience. I had to click on a player, enter a sub-screen and then click on him again just to start the first level of scouting.

• After I scouted a player for a few weeks, the comments never seemed to change. Beyond that, they were pretty vague and really told me very little about the player.

• The screen for in-season scouting was actually quite buried as well. Placing it within the “owner mode” sub-menu meant that very few people would necessarily know to go use it.

To fix these issues, we first made the interface a lot easier to use (which we’ll show screenshots of quite soon). Second, we re-vamped the scouting system so that you unlock more comments as you scout the player longer. The comments can go from being broad (We think his awareness is no higher than 80) to telling you exactly what his key ratings are if you scout him the entire time. It won’t tell you his overall rating, but it will give you his potential, which is what you should make your decision off of.

One nice addition that we were able to take from Head Coach was how we handle the rookies in the Draft. We now create every rookie by hand, just like you saw in NFL Head Coach ’09. You might even see a few famous rookies make a re-appearance from those drafts.

In addition, we also have the ability to determine where a player SHOULD be drafted and what his potential is. So we can create busts and sleepers just using those systems. Drafting a player in the top 10 will no longer guarantee that he is a great player in Madden NFL 10. Unless you do some scouting (like the real teams do), you might just pick up this year’s Vernon Gholston. On the flip side, you might also find the next Tom Brady or Marques Colston in later rounds. One piece of advice…don’t be enamored with workout warriors. Running a 4.2 forty or benching a small concrete block does not automatically make you a good football player.

The big thing we’re working on as we speak is the Draft logic. I promise you…you will not see the Colts take a QB in the first round and then in the 3rd, 5th, etc. These type of logic tweaks are happening across the board and the draft is no different.

NCAA Import Draft Class tuning

We have been doing quite a bit of tuning on the NCAA Import Draft classes, as we saw a lot of feedback on the forums regarding this area in general. Here are a few of the changes:

• Added the 5 new QB ratings (Throw on Run, Play Action, Short Accuracy, Mid Accuracy, Deep Accuracy). Since NCAA Football does not have the new ratings in their game to use as a base, we will be using Throw Accuracy for the 3 Madden Accuracy ratings. For Throw on Run, we take a combo of their Speed + Throw Power. For Play Action, we use a combo of Awareness + Throw Accuracy.

• Tuned the import draft class feature to be more superstar based. The community feedback matched our own in the feeling that were too many superstars coming in from NCAA. There was not much of a difference from the 1st Round Picks to the 5th round picks. Nearly all the players were 75+ OVR rated and we felt like that was too high for your average draft picks. We have tuned this quite a bit to ensure that the elite guys will still be elite, but you should expect the middle and lower round guys to be rated much lower in Madden 10 (with a few gems buried in there as well).

Progression

Finally we get to progression, easily one of the most often-discussed areas of Franchise mode in the community for Madden NFL 09. Donny Moore did a lot of good work with progression prior to my joining the team and I’ve been able to keep tweaking it since. Here are the major changes we’ve made so far:

• Older players will digress much faster. In fact, when a running back hits 30, he’s going downhill at warp speed.

• Younger players will progress quickly if they play well. We’re talking up 10 points in overall if he has a great year.

• Veteran players will still progress, but not substantially. They can also digress if they play poorly.

• We added more stat categories to determine a player’s success/failure for a season. For example, if you lead the league in rush TD’s but don’t do all that well in total rushing yards, you’ll still be able to progress accordingly. And it’s not just yards, and TD’s, it’s other stats like rushing attempts and rush yards per carry. This was done across the board for all positions.

• Removed age from ranking players. Some people may not know this but our previous progression systems would ranked each player statistically against players around the same age. Meaning that older players would only be ranked against other older players when determining how well they performed. This often created the situation where those older players never dropped even with sub-par years because other players in their ‘age group’ weren’t performing well either. Now, all players are ranked against all other players at that position, regardless of career phase.

The “potential” rating is another sort of ‘hidden’ addition that we are changing up this year to impact progression (and Franchise mode overall). Every player in the game has a potential rating that he cannot exceed (a la NFL Head Coach 09). This year, we’re actually exposing that rating so you’ll have an idea why your player is not progressing - typically a situation where his potential is maxed out. Exposing this rating also help quite a bit in making personnel decisions when contracts are up. One key detail here is that you’ll only see potential for players on your own team. CPU player potentials will be hidden.

Ok, guys…I’ve probably gone on long enough. Next time I’ll talk about trade logic, hall of fame logic, regular season free agency, salary cap tuning, coach boosts and tons of other franchise stuff.

- Josh Looman
Senior Designer, Madden NFL 10

Awesome! This game might actually be pretty good. Thanks for the post.

chiefs1111
05-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Awesome! This game might actually be pretty good. Thanks for the post.

I sure hope so. The last couple of years Madden has been hyped up and let me down I hope that changes this time.

KCChiefsMan
05-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Ive been doing a lot of research on the next madden lately and it actually looks like they may have gotten it right this time. It looks very very good this year gameplay wise. My question is what have they done to franchise mode? They have a lot of work when it comes to the franchise mode.

true, thats the only thing I play on Madden. For the past 6 or 7 years it has been exactly the same. I mean your 7th round pick will hold out if you don't give him a 3 yr/$8 million deal. The free agency is a joke, the draft is a joke, the same stupid problems with the gameplay are still there. It makes absolutely no difference if your linemen (offense and defense) are rated 99's or 69's

GAR!!! I want a new football game damnit! One that I can get into. I don't want to win 99-0 every game, I don't want my QB to pass for 8,000 yds a season. Sliders mean nothing either, why are they in there? the only one that does work is the interception one. It's so infuriating to me.

KCChiefsMan
05-14-2009, 02:25 AM
another thing about Madden, the only time....ONLY time a pass is incomplete is either a pass deflection, interception or a drop. That's it. It's been like that since 1993 and it's still like that now. As a football fan who like to game, it makes me sick that Madden piece of shit is the only option. They obviously dont care and then dont have to worry. It's a terrible game, but god damn I want to play a new football game god damnit

KCChiefsMan
05-14-2009, 02:27 AM
seriously, the QB in madden can SNAP...1 STEP BACK, and throw a bullet 60 yards downfield. PERFECT PASS EVERY TIME, pass rush means nothing, it doesn;t make any difference if the QB is being hurried because it will always be a perfect throw.. FUCK

kcxiv
05-14-2009, 02:47 AM
seriously, the QB in madden can SNAP...1 STEP BACK, and throw a bullet 60 yards downfield. PERFECT PASS EVERY TIME, pass rush means nothing, it doesn;t make any difference if the QB is being hurried because it will always be a perfect throw.. ****

Remember 2007 when we used to ball it up in APF2K8. Man, 2K needs to make another game. I try to get info from my sources, but they are not budging at all on a football game. I get alot of info about other things, but nothing about football :( lol

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Things have come a long way since my first football game:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BH9RG9A4L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

KCChiefsMan
05-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Remember 2007 when we used to ball it up in APF2K8. Man, 2K needs to make another game. I try to get info from my sources, but they are not budging at all on a football game. I get alot of info about other things, but nothing about football :( lol

ya man, that was fun. I had a great time with APF2K8 on Live. Smooth game, they should just make a generic football league that is similiar to the NFL with a franchise mode and I would be 1 happy camper.

KCChiefsMan
05-14-2009, 03:09 PM
hey kcxiv, any word on a new college hoops game? or did EA buy that out? I can't recall for some reason.

kcxiv
05-14-2009, 06:45 PM
ya man, that was fun. I had a great time with APF2K8 on Live. Smooth game, they should just make a generic football league that is similiar to the NFL with a franchise mode and I would be 1 happy camper.

Thats what a few of us are telling them, but its up to the suits to give the Ok to make that game. I now the developers are itching to make one bad, but until they get the go ahead, its not happening :(

About the College Hoops, i am not sure, i will ask about it tomorrow. I know they didnt do it last year because NCAA wanted to much for the license on a game that doesnt get big sales. 2K said it wasnt worth it to make the game, so they called NCAAs bluff.

KCrockaholic
05-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Things have come a long way since my first football game:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BH9RG9A4L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

That game still f***in kicks a**!

I still have one of those, frickin awesome.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-14-2009, 11:04 PM
That game still f***in kicks a**!

I still have one of those, frickin awesome.

I wore the buttons raw on that motherfucker. Good times!

Mr. Flopnuts
05-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Drafting a player in the top 10 will no longer guarantee that he is a great player in Madden NFL 10. Unless you do some scouting (like the real teams do), you might just pick up this year’s Vernon Gholston.

Hamas is gonna be sooooooo piiiiiisssssed.

Mecca
05-15-2009, 07:21 PM
If you guys are trying to guess ratings, everyone is lower other than the stars.

Tyson Jackson is a 77.

CoMoChief
05-16-2009, 12:56 PM
lol chiefs are fuckin horrible.

kcxiv
05-16-2009, 02:28 PM
lol chiefs are ****in horrible.

I am so glad i havent had a decent football team to play since the 2004 video games. It would be painful for me trying to play witht he Chiefs online with how horrible they are. I guess this exclusive shit came at the perfect time for me, so i didnt have to go through the pain of having to get good with one of the shittiest teams in the NFL. lol

Hammock Parties
05-16-2009, 02:33 PM
I almost bought Madden 99 at Half Price Books today. It called to me. Then I remembered what it looked like:

http://www.coolinfo.com/gameinfo/reviews/madden/images/juke.jpg

KCChiefsMan
05-16-2009, 02:45 PM
I am so glad i havent had a decent football team to play since the 2004 video games. It would be painful for me trying to play witht he Chiefs online with how horrible they are. I guess this exclusive shit came at the perfect time for me, so i didnt have to go through the pain of having to get good with one of the shittiest teams in the NFL. lol

that is one of my favorite parts of a franchise, turning a bad team around!

kcxiv
05-16-2009, 05:17 PM
that is one of my favorite parts of a franchise, turning a bad team around!

I dont play franchise. I am strickly an online player. I only play offline until i get familiar with the game. After that, its time to play against someone.

Though, in APF i played the living crap out of practice mode to experiment with new plays. Playing against the CPU bores me. The whole idea for me behind a football video game is out thinking someone else. The chess match is awesome.

KCChiefsMan
05-17-2009, 02:06 AM
I dont play franchise. I am strickly an online player. I only play offline until i get familiar with the game. After that, its time to play against someone.

Though, in APF i played the living crap out of practice mode to experiment with new plays. Playing against the CPU bores me. The whole idea for me behind a football video game is out thinking someone else. The chess match is awesome.

I hear ya, I would definately prefer to play online or against someone. but the glitches, money plays, lagging out, figuring out ways to freeze the game to avoid a loss just ruined it for me. on APK I had fun at first, but later on even players with 80%+ were doing that stuff. Online play is ruined in sports games until developers can figure it all out.

Mecca
05-17-2009, 11:29 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b36_ccVSZjQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b36_ccVSZjQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Based upon a cut screen in that video Matt Cassel is an 83.

Mecca
05-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Top 10 QB's

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DDY9_af7pec&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DDY9_af7pec&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kcxiv
05-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Just need to warn folks first about the new Madden. Watch this video of what Ian, says about Madden 08. It sounds all to familiar.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RB6cyaOJGcE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RB6cyaOJGcE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mecca
05-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Top 10 RB's...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uO2DvMGPyYU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uO2DvMGPyYU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And no there is no Larry Johnson.

Mecca
05-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Just need to warn folks first about the new Madden. Watch this video of what Ian, says about Madden 08. It sounds all to familiar.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RB6cyaOJGcE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RB6cyaOJGcE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Eh he's mostly talking about animation, this years has alot more to do with details and making it play properly.

Mecca
05-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Top 10 WR's.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kWWF2S7gkNE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kWWF2S7gkNE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mecca
05-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Top 10 TE's

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4rf5G492kM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4rf5G492kM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kcxiv
05-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Eh he's mostly talking about animation, this years has alot more to do with details and making it play properly.

Animations/player momentum is huge in why the game from a gameplay point sucks complete ass. I realize that the hardcore madden guys who never played the "other" game and really played it to see what i am talking about.

Ian knows, thats why he' watches the living shit out of footage from 2K's football game to try to put it in their game. He knows for gameplay 2K is the benchmark.

KCChiefsMan
05-18-2009, 01:55 AM
I can't wait!!!!!!

till the next 2K football game comes out, which won't be for a long time

Mecca
05-18-2009, 01:56 AM
There probably isn't going to be another 2k game.

kcxiv
05-18-2009, 02:21 AM
There probably isn't going to be another 2k game.

There will be. I know people that work there, they keep assuring me that the 2K football is not dead. hell, i am a moderator on their forums and i keep in contact with them alot.

Mecca
05-18-2009, 06:24 AM
I'm not sure how making a game that you can't get any team names, player names or anything NFL related on is a money making venture.

Demonpenz
05-18-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm not sure how making a game that you can't get any team names, player names or anything NFL related on is a money making venture.

I know it was a different era, but the first madden's didn't have the logo's or names,

kcxiv
05-18-2009, 12:11 PM

APF made money, it just didnt make alot with a barebone ass game. The game didnt even have a full dev cycle and it kicked the shit out of Maddens' gameplay every single way possible.

All they have to do is open up customization and let you edit everything. Bring in the Forza 2 editing and let you use your own logos and use the famous 2K share feature and you have NFL teams. IT would be perfectly legal to do it that way. They didnt do it the first time around because they were hoping that the NFL didnt extend the stupid fucking exclusive. Well, now that NFL did, they can open it up and dont have to worry about pissing off the NFL anymore.

If they do it right they can make some good money. Hell, i still play 2K8 to this day and its 2 years old now. Even to this day i still see new animations i have never seen from time to time. This is after about 900 online games. Thats pretty damned impressive.

KCChiefsMan
05-18-2009, 01:36 PM
wow, so I gave Madden 09 another try. I only played it once before. So I picked the Chiefs, imported a draft class and skipped to season 2 to do the draft. Well I picked every team for user control so I can get all the rosters close to what they are now. The cumbersome experience ever and you can't switch it back to CPU after that, which I don't understand why they would take something like that out. But I didn't finalize every team and let the CPU do it and almost every 1st round pick got cut. How is that? So I go to the free agency and Mark Sanchez, Brian Cushing, Michael Crabtree, Michael Oher and many others were available. God this game is stupid

Mecca
05-18-2009, 04:03 PM
That happens because of the way the game was made. Some teams have very little cap room and if they happen to take a guy with a high rating they won't be able to sign him. That game guys aren't paid for draft slots they're paid for their rating.

If you take a guy 27th who has a higher rating than the guy who went 10th you're going to pay him more money.

Dayze
05-18-2009, 04:27 PM
I haven't owned a Madden game since 2005; until yesterday. I've been having a blast with the NCAA franchise and haven't missed Madden whatsoever. However, since switching platforms to PS3, I was trying to hold out until July for the new NCAA so I bought a used Madden 08 for $7.....

...and $7 is about what they should charge for that brand new. Wow...I was stunned how bad the game is and can't imagine 2009, 2007 etc is any better.

I doubt I'll ever spend more than $15 for a Madden game.

SPeaking of which...what's the deal with Gamestop charging $34 for NCAA 2009?...I mean, the new game is coming out in 2 months.

Mecca
05-18-2009, 05:46 PM
It's still the newest game of the series, that's why.

I hope everyone that was doing ratings looked at the vids I posted to see that the ratings are universally lower.

The Franchise
05-19-2009, 09:37 AM
It's still the newest game of the series, that's why.

I hope everyone that was doing ratings looked at the vids I posted to see that the ratings are universally lower.

About fucking time. I used to hate the fact that you could pick a guy in the top 5 and he would come out as a 93 overall. The people at EA sports have their work cut out for them. There is a lot of shit that needs fixing.

KCrockaholic
05-19-2009, 11:13 AM
pastapadre.com

check it out for all your latest Madden 10 news ;)

KCChiefsMan
05-20-2009, 08:24 PM
About ****ing time. I used to hate the fact that you could pick a guy in the top 5 and he would come out as a 93 overall. The people at EA sports have their work cut out for them. There is a lot of shit that needs fixing.

each year, the new feature is that the fix 1 out of the 1,000 problems with the game. By the year 2112 it should be ready for a decent experience.

KCChiefsMan
05-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Hey KCXIV, have you looked into Backbreaker at all? Apparently there has been a "countdown to info" and in about 3 days they should announce something. Looks interesting.

KCChiefsMan
05-26-2009, 01:54 AM
so, I'm trying to get into Madden 09. I really only played it twice before. THEY TOOK OUT THE SLIDERS?

wow!! I never knew that before.

what the f.ck

I guess that's Madden 10's big addition. That's what they do.

J Diddy
05-26-2009, 01:57 AM
so, I'm trying to get into Madden 09. I really only played it twice before. THEY TOOK OUT THE SLIDERS?

wow!! I never knew that before.

what the f.ck

I guess that's Madden 10's big addition. That's what they do.

Every year I buy madden at release. Every year I loved it. This year I bought it at midnight. Played til 3. Sold it on ebay the next day. Was the worst game I've ever played and I will not buy madden again unless the redesign. The gameplay was so slow and boring that half way through the first quarter I was yawning.

KCChiefsMan
05-26-2009, 09:01 AM
ya, after reading the article on gamespot. Madden 10's big additions to the franchise mode are:

-sliders will be back
-players like Peyton Manning won't get cut by the CPU to sign a punter

and that's it

beach tribe
05-26-2009, 09:32 AM
I used to love franchise mode until, on-line play came around. I don't play the CPU anymore. So no changes to the animations(which suck) , and no on-line frnachise mode(ridiculous) Looks like the Vols Are gonna get a lot of attention, and madden might get rented.

I give two shits about 9 man gang tackling. The tackling was the least of the problems with this dud.

beach tribe
05-26-2009, 09:35 AM
I haven't owned a Madden game since 2005; until yesterday. I've been having a blast with the NCAA franchise and haven't missed Madden whatsoever. However, since switching platforms to PS3, I was trying to hold out until July for the new NCAA so I bought a used Madden 08 for $7.....

...and $7 is about what they should charge for that brand new. Wow...I was stunned how bad the game is and can't imagine 2009, 2007 etc is any better.

I doubt I'll ever spend more than $15 for a Madden game.

SPeaking of which...what's the deal with Gamestop charging $34 for NCAA 2009?...I mean, the new game is coming out in 2 months.
2009 is WAY worse than 2008. At least 2008 had some arcade type fun factor. 2009 is a total snoozer.

The Franchise
05-26-2009, 09:46 AM
I used to love franchise mode until, on-line play came around. I don't play the CPU anymore. So no changes to the animations(which suck) , and no on-line frnachise mode(ridiculous) Looks like the Vols Are gonna get a lot of attention, and madden might get rented.

I give two shits about 9 man gang tackling. The tackling was the least of the problems with this dud.

I'm the opposite. I'd rather play franchise mode instead of playing online. I'll play online against some friends but there are too many fucking cheesers and quitters out there for me to waste my time online. I know it's bullshit when I go to play online two years ago and someone has Casey Printers at QB so that they can run all game long.

KC native
05-26-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm the opposite. I'd rather play franchise mode instead of playing online. I'll play online against some friends but there are too many ****ing cheesers and quitters out there for me to waste my time online. I know it's bullshit when I go to play online two years ago and someone has Casey Printers at QB so that they can run all game long.

Those games are so easy though. Usually those players have one gimmick and once you stop it you kick their ass. Last year I won more than I lost and I used nothing but the Chiefs.

The Franchise
05-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Those games are so easy though. Usually those players have one gimmick and once you stop it you kick their ass. Last year I won more than I lost and I used nothing but the Chiefs.

Yeah I know that you can stop them....but it's the fact that 75% of the players online do this bullshit. And then once you stop them.....they quit and somehow I get the fucking loss for it. That's bullshit.....and that's why I don't play online unless it's against friends.

KCChiefsMan
05-26-2009, 02:02 PM
ya, all online sports games are flawed. 2K probably has the best system in place with their feedback. But it can still be BS.

KC native
05-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Yeah I know that you can stop them....but it's the fact that 75% of the players online do this bullshit. And then once you stop them.....they quit and somehow I get the ****ing loss for it. That's bullshit.....and that's why I don't play online unless it's against friends.

I avoid that by being really selective in who I play. I look at record and DNF% to figure out whether to take the game. If they have a DNF of 30 or above I won't play them or if their record is really lopsided I won't play them.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Online Co Op confirmed, and online franchises

<div class="gametrailers_embed_container>"<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=49816"/><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=49816" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object><div style="font-size: 10px; font-family: Verdana; text-align: center; width: 480px; padding-top: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; background-color: black; height: 32px;"><div><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com" title="GameTrailers.com">Video Games</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com/game/11212.html" title="Madden NFL 10">Madden NFL 10</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/49816.html" title="E3 09: Exclusive Co-Op Trailer HD">E3 09: Exclusive Co-Op Trailer HD</a></div><div style="padding-top: 3px;"><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com/platformlist/xb360/index.html" title="XBox 360">XBox 360</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com/platformlist/ps3/index.html" title="PS3">Playstation 3</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com/platformlist/wii/index.html" title="Wii">Nintendo Wii</a></div></div>