PDA

View Full Version : News batchelor refrigerator

Friendo
05-13-2009, 11:46 AM
you know who you are....:Lin:

Rotten office fridge cleanup sends 7 to hospital

May 13, 9:44 AM (ET)

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - An office worker cleaning a fridge full of rotten food created a smell so noxious that it sent seven co-workers to the hospital and made many others ill.

Firefighters had to evacuate the AT&T building in downtown San Jose on Tuesday after the fumes led someone to call 911. A hazmat team was called in.

What crews found was an unplugged refrigerator crammed with moldy food.

Authorities say an enterprising office worker had decided to clean it out, placing the food in a conference room while using two cleaning chemicals to scrub down the mess.

The mixture of old lunches and disinfectant caused 28 people to need treatment for vomiting and nausea.

Authorities say the worker who cleaned the fridge didn't need treatment - she can't smell because of allergies.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-13-2009, 11:51 AM
I've had a half full open can of caffeine free Coke in my fridge for a year and a half. I call it the experiment and refuse to throw it away. I want to see how long it takes to become a solid.

I also have a bowl of cherry jello in there that my daughter and I made last summer. She thinks it's awesome to watch it sink slowly down into the bowl toward nothingness.

People can never quite decide which of us... me or my daughter... is the more mature one. I have no doubt it's her though.

MahiMike
05-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Bad idea. Every foreclosure house I see is like this. Even nice $1K fridges, you almost have to throw away. Just cart it to the street.

tomahawk kid
05-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Why wouldn't you just bag the rotten food?

Sitting in a conference room? Seriously?

MIAdragon
05-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Why wouldn't you just bag the rotten food?

Sitting in a conference room? Seriously?

Sounds like a good way to get out of a day or two of work.