PDA

View Full Version : NFBT- Royals to sign Hampton?

CarolinaChief
10-19-2000, 01:44 PM
Glass Pockets?: An MLBtalk Exclusive Source says the Royals are interested in pursuing some free agent pitchers this offseason. The two most prominent are Darren Dreifort and Mike Hampton. Moves such as these, of course, would require owner David Glass to open his personal offers, but he certainly has the money if he's willing. Hampton has reportedly told his agent that he doesn't want to play on either coast. Rather, Hampy will be looking for a smaller city with less aggressive media. Sounds like KC.

There's no way!! That would be quite an accomplishment. Maybe the Royals ARE committed to winning!

------------------
GO PITT!

scooter
10-19-2000, 03:19 PM
This sounds interesting and could help us resign Dammon. However the pessimist in me remembers the last coastal city pitcher who wanted to play in the midwest.

Mike Bodicker ring a bell?

Romel
10-19-2000, 03:31 PM
Man, I've had both of these guys on fantasy teams before. Both are in their prime agewise and very promising. A lot of folks think Hampton's old because he's been around for a long time, but he's only 27 (DOB: 13Apr1973). BTW, Damon was born 5Nov1973 and Dreifort was born 18Apr1972.

Damon and Dreifort both have the same agent, the infamous Scott Boras. Rob and Rany discussed the Damon/Dreifort issue some in their latest installment of Rob and Rany on the R's at http://www.robneyer.com .

[This message has been edited by DanT (edited 10-19-2000).]

DoktorSmith
10-19-2000, 03:35 PM
I'm hoping that Glass has pockets so that we can get some pitching...one of the best offenses in the Majors and we can't win because we don't have any pitching....

It would be like the Rams without a QB...see, I made it a football topic.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Phobia
10-19-2000, 07:55 PM
Hampton will end up in Atlanta or Houston. Dreifort would LOVE to go to St. Louis, rumor has it.

Cannibal
10-19-2000, 07:57 PM
I won't believe it till I see it...

The Blessed Virgin Larry
10-19-2000, 08:01 PM
Pitt G.,
Settle down. Hampton has also said that he wants to come back to Houston. You know he legally resides in Sugarland Tx. just outside of the Houston city limits. Believe me, the guy is all about $$$$. That's NOT bad or anything but he will go to whoever can pay him the most $$$, especially if the Mets win the thing. If that happens, don't rule out him going to the Yanks - he's that type!

G_Man
10-19-2000, 09:46 PM
ROYALS need to have glass open the check book up or we will lose everyone, dont see hampton going to KC but would love it. I do hear that the royals will sign some biggg names this winter we will see.

------------------
Dont just say it, BRINGGGGG ITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!