PDA

View Full Version : Life Stupid question

Sure-Oz
05-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Seriously...

Will alcohol show up on a drug test?

Lets say i go to the royals game tomorrow and do a drug test saturday morning for example, would it show up and fail me? or would it be gone?

Just curious how that works...and no i don't do drugs.

DeezNutz
05-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Your "friend" should lay off the drugs, dude.

CHENZ A!
05-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Depends how much you drink, and when you go for the test. It's different for everyone.

stumppy
05-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Depends if they are testing for it.

Sure-Oz
05-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Your "friend" should lay off the drugs, dude.

ROFL

Well im hoping the drug test is before the game tomorrow, if not then i'll just be sober. :(

mlyonsd
05-14-2009, 06:49 PM
As said before, unless they are testing for it and at 2am you couldn't find your ass with both hands you're probably safe.

Pants
05-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Since when do people care whether your imbibe alcohol?

Bwana
05-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Heh, this hits home. I was traninig down in Idaho Falls for a job a few months ago and as fate would have it, my brother lives down there. We were going to get together the night before and have some cocktails. It was announced that there would be a drug / alcohol test the next day at work for insurance purposes. Nice timing **** sticks. I went out with my brother, had 6 cold ones and there were no issues (0.0) on the blow the next day. I had two more jobs on the line, so I figured WTF. All worked out well.

Bugeater
05-14-2009, 07:04 PM
From what I've heard, as long as you don't show up to the test drunk you should be OK.

WoodDraw
05-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Seriously...

Lets say i go to the royals game tomorrow and do a drug test saturday morning for example, would it show up and fail me? or would it be gone?

That would seem to fail the common sense approach. If you were to fail, would anyone pass? And if they did, how fucking boring are there friday nights?

Go drink up. You'll be fine.

Sure-Oz
05-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Appreciate the info guys...i just am paranoid cause i have it for a new job that i got offered and dont want to fuck it up lol

Buck
05-14-2009, 07:14 PM
My brother just got off probation and there is one test that can tell if you have drank anything within the last week, but its an expensive test and I don't know why they would care if you drank within the last week.

stevieray
05-14-2009, 07:16 PM
beer before liquor never sicker
liquor before beer never fear

Sure-Oz
05-14-2009, 07:17 PM
My brother just got off probation and there is one test that can tell if you have drank anything within the last week, but its an expensive test and I don't know why they would care if you drank within the last week.

I'd say that'd be a bit paranoid on the company. I just know they were impressed with me and didn't even bother with a 2nd interview and just offered it to me, so i doubt anything comes back negative i just am paranoid i guess.

WoodDraw
05-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Appreciate the info guys...i just am paranoid cause i have it for a new job that i got offered and dont want to **** it up lol

I can't imagine that a new job would test for alcohol. It'd be like testing for tobacco?

The only time I've ever heard of alcohol testing is for minors or probation after a DUI.

SAUTO
05-14-2009, 07:19 PM
beer before liquor never sicker
liquor before beer never fear

true that

Sure-Oz
05-14-2009, 07:19 PM
I can't imagine that a new job would test for alcohol. It'd be like testing for tobacco?

The only time I've ever heard of alcohol testing is for minors or probation after a DUI.

That is good to know, the lady on the phone said it would be a drug test. I just haven't had one in a long ass time. Hell the job i just got a few months ago didn't even test me. I've had maybe 3 random drug tests in the past 6 years.

Sure-Oz
05-14-2009, 07:20 PM
I just want to enjoy the game and kick back a few, esp since i just got this offer today and its mine pending background etc.

Buck
05-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Dude, seriously though, if you cant go one night without drinking, then you probably have a problem.

If your that paranoid about it, I would just not drink.

Mr. Krab
05-14-2009, 07:22 PM
How long do drugs (including alcohol) stay in your system?

The length of time any drug (illicit or prescribed) stays in your system will vary. In large part, it depends on your physiological makeup (e.g., your physical height, weight, your amount of body fat, your age, current state of health, whether or not you exercise mildly-aggressively-or at all). Whether or not you are undergoing any degree of stress (i.e., your "state of mind") at the time you ingest drugs can play a part as well.

Still other considerations include your "frequency" of use (1x per day? 3-5x per day?), the "quantity" of drug you used each time, and the "length of time" (days? weeks? months?) of your consistent drug-use prior to your drug test. Even the quality ("potency") of the drug you ingest determines "how long" the drug is detectable in your system when your urine is analyzed (tested) at the lab.

However, for most people, detectable levels (i.e., shows up as a "positive" in a laboratory drug test) of the following drugs stay in the body for these approximate periods of time.

Alcohol (Beer, Booze, Hooch, Liquor, Wine), 1 hour to perhaps 10 or 12 hours

Amphetamines (Biphetamine, Black Beauties, Crosses, Dexedrine, Hearts), 1-2 days

Anabolic steroids (Stanzolol, Stanazolol, Nandrolene; Steroids, Roids, Juice), oral- up to 3 weeks; injected- up to 3-6 months and more

Barbituates (Amytal, Nembutal, Seconal, Phenobarbital; Barbs), 2-3 days

Benzodiazepines (e.g., Ativan, Halcion, Librium, Rohypnol, Valium; Roofies, Tranks, Xanax), most, 2-3 days; a few, 4-8 days

Cocaine (Candy, Coke, Crack, Flake, Rocks, Snow, Whitecoat), (Candy, Coke, Crack, Flake, Rocks, Snow, Whitecoat), 1-2 days

Codeine (e.g., Fiorinal w/codeine, Robitussin A-C, Empirin w/codeine, Tylenol w/codeine, 1-2 days

GHB (G, Grievous Bodily Harm, Goob, Liquid Ecstasy, Liquid X), 1-2 days

Heroin (Horse, Smack), 1-2 days

Inhalants, just a few hours

Ketamine (K, Kit Kat, Special K, Vitamin K), 2-4 days

LSD (Acid, Blotter, Microdot, Yellow sunshine), a few hours or up to 5 days

Marijuana (Bud, Blunt, Grass, Herb, Pot, Reefer, Sinsemilla, Smoke, Weed), 2-5 days (the daily, heavy user can sometimes be detected up to 30+ days)

MDMA (Ecstasy), 1-5 days

Methadone, 1-7 days

Methamphetamines (Crank, Crystal, Desoxyn, Glass, Ice, Speed), 2-4 days

Methaqualone (Ludes, Quaaludes), 10-15 days

Nicotine (Cigarettes, Cigars, Habitrol patch, Nicorette gum, Nicotrol spray, Prostep patch; Smokeless tobacco, Snuff, Spit tobacco), 1-2 days

Opiates (i.e., Opium: China, Dreams, Laudanum, Paregoric; Dover's Powder), 1-2 days

Oxycodone (OxyContin, Percolone, Roxicodone), 1-2 days

PCP (Angel Dust, Boat, Hog, Love Boat), 1-8 days

Sure-Oz
Dude, seriously though, if you cant go one night without drinking, then you probably have a problem.

If your that paranoid about it, I would just not drink.

dude its not even close, i hardly drink, i just was looking forward to going out with a group of friends to my first royals game this year, tailgating and all....i have a ton of self control. I just hope they send me the notice so i can do it before the game tomorrow, thats all ;)

KcMizzou
Your "friend" should lay off the drugs, dude.I've always thought his avy looked pretty stoned.

shitgoose
05-14-2009, 07:24 PM
If its for employment and not probation or something you should probably be fine just having a few beers. Its probably a standard 5 panel drug test that doesn't even test for alcohol.

WoodDraw
05-14-2009, 07:29 PM
If its for employment and not probation or something you should probably be fine just having a few beers. Its probably a standard 5 panel drug test that doesn't even test for alcohol.

Yep. Employers don't want to waste a bunch of money on this either. For pre-employment, you'll get the cheap basic 5 kit.

Now if you drive a semi into a lake, you might want to panic a bit more before the next test.

Plus, alcohol isn't illegal. What the hell does you employer care if you've been drinking while not on the job? Your boss and drug tester are probably getting far more trashed than you tomorrow.

Sure-Oz
05-14-2009, 07:29 PM
I've always thought his avy looked pretty stoned.

ROFL

Sure-Oz
05-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Yep. Employers don't want to waste a bunch of money on this either. For pre-employment, you'll get the cheap basic 5 kit.

Now if you drive a semi into a lake, you might want to panic a bit more before the next test.

Plus, alcohol isn't illegal. What the hell does you employer care if you've been drinking while not on the job? Your boss and drug tester are probably getting far more trashed than you tomorrow.

LOL, so damn true...and yeah it isn't i just didn't know if that would be looked bad upon big time. not like id be still drunk the next day, id likely just want a buzz anyway

DeezNutz
05-14-2009, 07:50 PM
1 hour plus a trip to the can for every beer consumed.

Pound 'em like they're going out of style and don't worry about it.

Sure-Oz
05-14-2009, 07:51 PM
1 hour plus a trip to the can for every beer consumed.

Pound 'em like they're going out of style and don't worry about it.

thanks man :)

I pee alot when i drink lol so that wont be an issue.

Are you still paying attention to your team in fantasy? i cant believe the lucky ass start i have so far. i think everyone is still playing

Skip Towne
05-14-2009, 07:53 PM

What does the basic 5 test for?

DeezNutz
05-14-2009, 07:53 PM
thanks man :)

I pee alot when i drink lol so that wont be an issue.

Are you still paying attention to your team in fantasy? i cant believe the lucky ass start i have so far. i think everyone is still playing

Yeah. And I've gone to shit really, really quickly.

When we played a couple of weeks ago, I think my position players hit under .100 from M-TR, and I have legit hitters. WTF?

WoodDraw
05-14-2009, 07:54 PM
What does the basic 5 test for?

Cannabinoids (marijuana, hash)
Cocaine (cocaine, crack, benzoylecognine)
Amphetamines (amphetamines, methamphetamines, speed)
Opiates (heroin, opium, codeine, morphine)
Phencyclidine (PCP)

Sure-Oz
05-14-2009, 08:02 PM

When we played a couple of weeks ago, I think my position players hit under .100 from M-TR, and I have legit hitters. WTF?

Bad weeks happen, just pay attention to the FA wire, there are gems that show up

Bugeater
05-14-2009, 08:04 PM

Hey, today I saw a red Honda S2000 on I-680 with license plates that said DEZ NUTS, was that you?

CrazyPhuD
05-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Sweet that means I could go to a test rolling on E and no one would know. Either that or some shrooms.

DeezNutz
05-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Hey, today I saw a red Honda S2000 on I-680 with license plates that said DEZ NUTS, was that you?

Nope. Not me.

That's a funny vanity plate.

Mine says: Assman

Pioli Zombie
05-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Seriously...

Is this Badgirls kid?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater
05-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Nope. Not me.

I always thought IH8PIGS would be a good one.

Sure-Oz
05-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Well i got an email that i should recieve another email to take the test within 48 hours (2 business days) of when i get the email. So i don't have to do it tomorrow i could wait till monday :)

Bugeater
05-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Well i got an email that i should recieve another email to take the test within 48 hours (2 business days) of when i get the email. So i don't have to do it tomorrow i could wait till monday :)
Well hell, go out and do some meth. :thumb:

Sure-Oz
05-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Well hell, go out and do some meth. :thumb:

AMERICA!

FUCK

YA!

ROFL

Miles
05-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Nope. Not me.

Proctologist?

KCChiefsMan
05-14-2009, 08:27 PM
I took a drug pee test for a job, I showed up extremely hung over and passed. But they were only testing for illegal drugs.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-14-2009, 10:16 PM
They say if you'll smoke a big fat joint it will make your alcohol test come back negative.