PDA

View Full Version : Music Korn

luv
05-17-2009, 08:15 AM
Korn is going to be in Springfield on May 29th. I have a friend who is practically bagging me to go with her, as it's one of her favorite bands and no one else is able to go. She would go by herself, but what fun is that? Also, her ex-husband might be there, and she doesn't want to run into him alone. I'm not exactly a fan, but that's more because I just haven't listened to much of their music. I told her I'd let her know. I want to because I don't want her to go alone, but what fun would I be if I didn't know any of their songs? Going to look up some songs to listen too. Can any of you possible Korn fans tell me which songs would be good to listen to that they would likely play in concert? Thanks in advance.

KCUnited
05-17-2009, 08:23 AM
Dr. Johnny in 5...4...3...

luv
05-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Dr. Johnny in 5...4...3...

Do you know any?

Ultra Peanut
05-17-2009, 08:43 AM
I liked that breakdown in Freak on a Leash. 2:30 or so (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K27d7Ut5bXo), cool video too.

Also, they caused a riot at the Mid-South Coliseum once.

KCUnited
05-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Do you know any?
Sorry I don't.

luv
05-17-2009, 08:47 AM
I liked that breakdown in Freak on a Leash. 2:30 or so (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K27d7Ut5bXo), cool video too.

Also, they caused a riot at the Mid-South Coliseum once.

Cool. I like that song, but I didn't know it was Korn.

Ebolapox
05-17-2009, 08:51 AM
I kicked the idea of going to that show for a while, but I'd have to get off of work and rearrange shifts. not really worth it for a band that has lost two members and put out exactly 2-3 good songs in the last five years. they were GODS when I was in high school, though.

hmmmm....korn songs of interest... the list follows

freak on a leash
got the life
pretty much EVERYTHING from their debut album 'korn.'
(clown, blind, faget, daddy, shoots and ladders)
twisted transister
falling away from me
somebody someone
make me bad
wake up
trash
a.d.i.d.a.s.
wicked
it's on
dead bodies everywhere
children of the korn
coming undone
liar

there's a not-so-comprehensive list, but it's a great start. happy hunting.

luv
05-17-2009, 08:55 AM
I kicked the idea of going to that show for a while, but I'd have to get off of work and rearrange shifts. not really worth it for a band that has lost two members and put out exactly 2-3 good songs in the last five years. they were GODS when I was in high school, though.

hmmmm....korn songs of interest... the list follows

freak on a leash
got the life
pretty much EVERYTHING from their debut album 'korn.'
(clown, blind, faget, daddy, shoots and ladders)
twisted transister
falling away from me
somebody someone
make me bad
wake up
trash
a.d.i.d.a.s.
wicked
it's on
dead bodies everywhere
children of the korn
coming undone
liar

there's a not-so-comprehensive list, but it's a great start. happy hunting.

Awesome! Thanks. Currently listening to Falling Away From Me.

They're a little heavier than I typically like, but I like it enough to be able to endure it for a few hours for a friend.

Priest31kc
05-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah Im a big Korn fan too heres some of my favs probably already listed:

Falling away from me
beg for me
trash
make me bad
somebody someone
blind
shoots and ladders
clown
ADIDAS
Its On!
Dead Bodies Everywhere
Pretty
Do What they say
starting over
here to stay
hollow life

and theres more but those are some of my favs. hope you have a good time.

Huffman83
05-17-2009, 09:29 AM
I grew out of it but the first album was decent.

BigMeatballDave
05-17-2009, 09:40 AM
I never cared about Korn until See You on the Other Side came out. Check out that CD.

Third Eye
05-17-2009, 02:03 PM
I grew out of it but the first album was decent.

This is pretty much me. I've often wondered if the first album really is that much better or rather is it just that it came out when I was 17 and my tastes changed? I recently picked up their debut again after not having it for years and I find I still love it.

luv
05-17-2009, 02:34 PM
This is Springfield. We have to wait until bands/performers are on the downhill slide before they come here.

StcChief
05-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Korn .... who....?

Demonpenz
05-17-2009, 02:37 PM
I am not sure if we they are on their downside, it's just rap metal and their sound era is over.

Reaper16
05-17-2009, 02:41 PM
I've always liked KoRn. Yes, me, the music snob. I haven't heard a single song from their post-Brian "Head" Welch era, though.

chiefs1111
05-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Last album I really liked from them was Issues...

kcxiv
05-17-2009, 02:48 PM
I really like their older music, but the newer stuff still has some ok songs in it, but their first 3 or 4 albums are really good.

Kyle DeLexus
05-17-2009, 04:06 PM
I really like their older music, but the newer stuff still has some ok songs in it, but their first 3 or 4 albums are really good.
Thats still mainly what they play in concert. They put on a great show, I can't wait for Rockfest. Korn is still my favorite band.

Otter
05-17-2009, 04:20 PM
I haven't really followed a particular band since Pearl Jam but Korn has some decent music:

Here to Stay - my favorite
Thoughtless
Shoots and Ladders

And some remakes that turned out decent. I'm not a big fan of doing anyone elses work over although.

Most of it is heavy metal, head banging music. Be prepared to see lots of tattoos, piercings and neo-grunge wear at the concert. Don't get seats in "the pit' unless your ready to be bounced around like a $2 hooker in Vegas.

My advice: go, smoke a doobie and enjoy the show. Should be a good people watching experience. The chances of your friend running into her ex at a Korn concert are pretty minimal, you'll be luck if you don't lose each other.

luv
05-17-2009, 04:39 PM
I haven't really followed a particular band since Pearl Jam but Korn has some decent music:

Here to Stay - my favorite
Thoughtless
Shoots and Ladders

And some remakes that turned out decent. I'm not a big fan of doing anyone elses work over although.

Most of it is heavy metal, head banging music. Be prepared to see lots of tattoos, piercings and neo-grunge wear at the concert. Don't get seats in "the pit' unless your ready to be bounced around like a $2 hooker in Vegas.

My advice: go, smoke a doobie and enjoy the show. Should be a good people watching experience. The chances of your friend running into her ex at a Korn concert are pretty minimal, you'll be luck if you don't lose each other.

I'm thinking my vice will be alcohol. I'll leave the doobie smoking to her, and she knows that. I'm going because she asked, so I'm going to see if she minds driving. I will probably stick near the exits. And, with her luck, if her ex is there, she'll run into him. The dude is a violently alcoholic asshole.

SnakeXJones
05-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Didn't found out Korn was playing at rockfest until last month this will be the first time I will miss Korn in a long time was hoping to see them for the 6th time.

Deberg_1990
05-17-2009, 05:25 PM
I am not sure if we they are on their downside, it's just rap metal and their sound era is over.

Heh. Its just that most bands usually have a core time window of 5-10 years at the height of their popularity.

By that time, alot of the fans have grown up, moved on, music scene has changed, band declined, etc.....

Korn broke what? Mid 1990's? Id say they had a good run and have lasted longer than most.

ChiefsFan4Life
05-17-2009, 06:42 PM
I have a friend who is practically bagging me to go with her

Hot

luv
05-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Hot

Heh.

Fairplay
05-17-2009, 07:23 PM
. I have a friend who is practically bagging me to go with her, as it's one of her favorite bands and no one else is able to go.

Tell that bag i will go with her. Korn is Kool.

kcxiv
05-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Thats still mainly what they play in concert. They put on a great show, I can't wait for Rockfest. Korn is still my favorite band.

I seen them 2 times back in the 90's their first 2 Family Values tour's. The only thing i regret is being up front while Rammstien was playing. Little to gay of a set for me to watch. lol I seen alot of shit i didnt ever want to see. lol I have no problem if people are gay, but i dont want to watch a live sex act of 2 gay dudes on stage. lol

patteeu
05-17-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't go to many concerts anymore, but one thing I've started doing when I do go to one is I try to find out what setlist the band is touring with that season and I "prepare" by familiarizing myself with it before I go to see the show. That improves my experience IMO, although your mileage may vary. Of course, bands don't always stick to the same setlist throughout their tour so you never know. Here is a recent setlist from Korn's current tour:

Korn Concert Set List Denver, Fillmore Auditorium, 2009
Korn are back touring, with Johnathan Davis in fine form. Korn opened the set with Right Now. What would a Korn cover of Van Halen's Right Now sound like?
Korn's Denver Set List:
Right Now Chi
Good God
Did My Time
Thoughtless
Falling Away From Me
Fake
Clown
Ball Tongue
Bagpipes
Helmet In The Brush
Twist
Y'All Want A Single
pillowbiteret
Freak On A Leash
Blind
Here To Stay
Got The Life

Personally, I've never been a Korn fan, but if you're with a friend who's really getting into them it might be fun. You'll definitely see some freaks there (no offense to our local Korn fans intended) so if you're into people watching you'll be in a good spot for that.

patteeu
05-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Should be a good people watching experience.

LOL, you beat me to it.

DMAC
05-17-2009, 08:40 PM
I'll be there. Heh, fooled ya.

Pitt Gorilla
05-17-2009, 09:54 PM
You can get their greatest hits vol. 1 for <$10 at Target. It's pretty solid. See You on the Other Side and their "unplugged" album are both pretty good as well.

luv
05-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Well, it's tomorrow night. This is the first concert I've been to in 10 years. The last concert? Newsboys.

MoreLemonPledge
05-28-2009, 06:37 PM
You can get their greatest hits vol. 1 for <$10 at Target. It's pretty solid. See You on the Other Side and their "unplugged" album are both pretty good as well.

I had their greatest hits album in 1998. It's called Follow the Leader.

kcxiv
05-29-2009, 01:41 AM
Follow the Leader was just eh, I liked Take a look in the Mirror and Untouchables more then follow the Leader. Thought it did have some pretty good songs on it.

Priest31kc
05-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Follow the Leader was just eh, I liked Take a look in the Mirror and Untouchables more then follow the Leader. Thought it did have some pretty good songs on it.

My favorite is Issues. That was their darkest album, not their heaviest though. My 2nd would probably be Korn their debut album. And then Follow The Leader.

Gravedigger
05-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Listen to their first three albums and that's all you need to know about what Korn was.

CoMoChief
05-29-2009, 11:29 AM
I like Korn's old shit. Their new stuff isn't as appealing to me.

Pitt Gorilla
05-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Follow the Leader was just eh, I liked Take a look in the Mirror and Untouchables more then follow the Leader. Thought it did have some pretty good songs on it.Untouchables is very good.

luv
05-29-2009, 11:33 PM
I went, I drank, Korn rocked, I had two beers spilled down the back of my shirt, and I almost got sucked into a mosh pit!

Hammock Parties
05-29-2009, 11:35 PM
I had two beers spilled down the back of my shirt

That would have ruined the evening for me. I probably would have gotten my ass beat up.

luv
05-29-2009, 11:36 PM
That would have ruined the evening for me. I probably would have gotten my ass beat up.

With your big ol' muskles?

Hammock Parties
05-29-2009, 11:39 PM
With your big ol' muskles?

I've never been in a fucking fight in my life. I'd be toast unless it was some 130 pound tard.

Consistent1
05-30-2009, 06:28 AM
I went, I drank, Korn rocked, I had two beers spilled down the back of my shirt, and I almost got sucked into a mosh pit!

Korn pretty much always rocks. I have, and love, all their stuff, but it is hard to beat that first album. Who all do they have playing now? I know awhile ago that the were even playing some shows without Munky. He is probably back for sure, but that is why the first few were best when they were all together with David and Head. Glad you had fun. I think Fieldy and Jon can make that sound with three guys of the street like Haley would.

Otter
06-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Different take on Korn I thought was pretty Kool...

src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3v0dL8-s9jk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

I can't get the video to embed

kcxiv
06-06-2009, 09:46 PM

Then dont ever go to a rock concert. When you have 10,000 fucking people smashing into your back, there isnt a fucking thing you can do. You just have to ride the damned wave. I went to Korn way back in 1998 on their first family values tour in San Fran, Cow Palace baby and never ever ever again would i attempt to get in the front of a concert, shit is so not worth it. I just remember after the only thing i could think of was i need af ucking drink of water. I started to panic i was so dehydrated haha. I ran to the van we went in and chugged hell of water we had in the ice chests.

Its crazy being in the crowd, people that surf kick you in the face, shoes being thrown and hitting you in the head and having no fucking idea who it was that threw it, because you cant turn around. lol

After that, i told myself, never again, will i attempt to be cool and get up front.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-06-2009, 09:53 PM
I went and saw them about 9 years ago when Staind opened for them. This was the Mud Shovel days for Staind (in other words, when they were good) and it was a damn good show. It wasn't T00l or Rush quality, but it was pretty bad ass.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-06-2009, 09:54 PM
I think the best concert I ever saw was in a little theatre in Seattle called The Paramount. It's like 3000 seats and King Crimson opened for Tool. Fucking amazing.

kcxiv
06-06-2009, 11:55 PM
I went and saw them about 9 years ago when Staind opened for them. This was the Mud Shovel days for Staind (in other words, when they were good) and it was a damn good show. It wasn't T00l or Rush quality, but it was pretty bad ass.

Staind could have been one of my all time favorite bands, but they went pussy after break the cycle. I was so dissapointed after that album. They have some really really good songs on their first 3 albums, even then 2 are basically the same.