PDA

View Full Version : Royals Fight at the K in kids area

KingPriest2
05-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Wow hearing a lot of bad things abt the new K but this has to top it

Guy walks in front of couple taking a pic of their kids and they get into a fight in the kids area

Apparently
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
05-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I've heard all about it. Blood, teeth, women getting hit.

But two old lady security guards got it under control quickly.

Scorp
05-18-2009, 01:51 PM
I hope nobody's eyes get ate out!

Mr. Plow
05-18-2009, 01:53 PM

Curious....what have you been hearing? I'm gonna be taking my 3 boys up to a game before long.

Pablo
05-18-2009, 01:54 PM
I must have walked by pretty shortly after that happened. I was carrying my son and I saw a couple security guards helping a guy get into a wheelchair. He had a few pretty nasty looking spots on his face and chin. They were talking to his wife, and she was irate.

I wondered what happened, but it was over by the fountains in the Kids area.

DeezNutz
05-18-2009, 01:55 PM
I told 'Penz to calm the **** down, but sometimes he has his tough jeans on. It didn't help that Snugga had been drinking High Life all day and kept yelling, "Stay down, bitch!"

tomahawk kid
05-18-2009, 01:56 PM
JFC.

What the h#ll is wrong with people.

I'd be curious to hear what bad things folks are hearing about the new K as well.

I've been out their 4 times, and the only complaint I had was that the concession lines were too long on opening day. That's it.

Demonpenz
05-18-2009, 01:57 PM
I told 'Penz to calm the **** down, but sometimes he has his tough jeans on. It didn't help that Snugga had been drinking High Life all day and kept yelling, "Stay down, bitch!"

at one point I had this Mother F*cker in a headlock and I forced him to watch Guillen play outfield.

The Franchise

ROFL

KingPriest2
Curious....what have you been hearing? I'm gonna be taking my 3 boys up to a game before long.

Nothing too bad but quite a few design flaws. That the concourses are really packed the kids area next the bar area. There are other things as well.
But apparently this fight it took awhile for security to show up and as Phobia said it was 2 older woemn security guards
Posted via Mobile Device

Scorp

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYiGpVGTU2U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYiGpVGTU2U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Deberg_1990
05-18-2009, 01:58 PM
But i thought KC fans were civil?

According to the East Coast media.....

tomahawk kid
05-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Nothing too bad but quite a few design flaws. That the concourses are really packed the kids area next the bar area. There are other things as well.
But apparently this fight it took awhile for security to show up and as Phobia said it was 2 older woemn security guards
Posted via Mobile Device

The concourses are packed next to the kids area / bar area?

Or just that their is a bar slightly near the kids area?

Demonpenz
05-18-2009, 01:59 PM
the bathrooms are still too busy, aramark has been making an effort to step up their game, but on the first dollar night they were not ready, look 4 innings to get a hot dog because people were ordering 10 at a time the actual concurse around the inside of the k isn't much wider, so when there is a rain delay or people leaving it is pretty crowded. I think it is pretty sweet and i think they will get their shit figured out, they need too by atleast the st louis game

Demonpenz
05-18-2009, 02:01 PM
rivals is probably 70 yards from the playground.

KingPriest2
05-18-2009, 02:01 PM
The concourses are packed next to the kids area / bar area?

Or just that their is a bar slightly near the kids area?

The concourses are packed on crowded games. .
And the kids area is near the bar area There are other design flaws I heard as well. Nothing to bad though

This is what I have heard I have not seen it. I heard it from people going to the games
Posted via Mobile Device

jiveturkey
05-18-2009, 02:04 PM
The concourses are packed on crowded games. .
And the kids area is near the bar area There are other design flaws I heard as well. Nothing to bad though
Posted via Mobile Device
The concourses are packed because we're actually pretty good and people are going to the games. The size of the concourses are fine IMO.

Mr. Krab
05-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Blacks or white trash?

Phobia
05-18-2009, 02:05 PM
But i thought KC fans were civil?

According to the East Coast media.....

It was Raider fans.

Demonpenz
Blacks or white trash?

mexicans and black? It was over a racial slur

tomahawk kid
the bathrooms are still too busy, aramark has been making an effort to step up their game, but on the first dollar night they were not ready, look 4 innings to get a hot dog because people were ordering 10 at a time the actual concurse around the inside of the k isn't much wider, so when there is a rain delay or people leaving it is pretty crowded. I think it is pretty sweet and i think they will get their shit figured out, they need too by atleast the st louis game

I thought the lower level concourses were a bit wider than before - they also have that "outer path" now that runs between the back of the concession stands and the Royals office and pro shop. That's a pretty quick way to get around the lower bowl.

Agree that it looks like Buck Night was a bit of a mess, but part of that comes with having a more competitive team that's going to draw more fans....

Phobia
Blacks or white trash?

Trash period. That is probably sufficient.

Scorp
05-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Blacks or white trash?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2JRAKq7Aal4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2JRAKq7Aal4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tomahawk kid
05-18-2009, 02:07 PM
The concourses are packed because we're actually pretty good and people are going to the games. The size of the concourses are fine IMO.

This.

People are used to showing up to Royals games and there being 10k fans in attendance.

One of the "drawbacks" of success is you're going to draw 30-35k fans on the weekend homestands and have to deal with more people.

I think the Fountain Bar and the Party Deck are both sufficiently spaced from the Kids Area, but that's just my opinion.

Demonpenz
05-18-2009, 02:09 PM
from the kcstar.

A fight broke out in kids section at the new K on Sunday. Witnesses say one man thought the chiefs got good value out of their first round pick, then witnesses say the other man began ramming his head into a wall screaming "die in a fire" while another man bit his ankle crying out SANCHEEEZZZZZZZZZ, all the while on lookers whispered "what are we going to do with dorsey?" One long haird man with a usc jersey left the scene and stated he was taking a break, only to come back shortly there after

Deberg_1990
05-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Blacks or white trash?

I heard they were Icelandic and midget trash.

Demonpenz
05-18-2009, 02:11 PM
I heard they were Icelandic and midget trash.

bjork and Vern Troyer

DeezNutz
05-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Crimestoppers:

Suspects left in a Lancer that had some scratches. Vanity plate: LenxaFU

Let's help stop this shit.

cmh6476
05-18-2009, 02:12 PM
from the kcstar.

A fight broke out in kids section at the new K on Sunday. Witnesses say one man thought the chiefs got good value out of their first round pick, then witnesses say the other man began ramming his head into a wall screaming "die in a fire" while another man bit his ankle crying out SANCHEEEZZZZZZZZZ, all the while on lookers whispered "what are we going to do with dorsey?" One long haird man with a usc jersey left the scene and stated he was taking a break, only to come back shortly there after

i hear one of the old lady security guards has updated her facebook page today.

Also, did you know there is a St. Joe forum? :hyper:

http://stjoechannel.com/content/forum

CaliforniaChief
05-18-2009, 02:12 PM

I have not been to the stadium, but these are the kinds of things I love to hear. Crowds? Royals games? The only crowds that used to gather near The K were walking to Arrowhead.

Pioli Zombie
05-18-2009, 02:13 PM
DeJesus tried to intervene but when he took a swing at the guy he missed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
he should have ran on the field, not like the royals are going to beat him

DeezNutz
KK reporting about the fight. Believes that there could be a drug ring at the K. Expects breaking news that will "shock the league."

Mr. Krab
I heard they were Icelandic and midget trash.:Poke:

:evil:

petegz28
05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Basically the issue has been the restrooms and the concessions. When they started the season they thought having a wide variety of food spread out throughout the stadium would be a good thing. It wasn't. Then they figured out despite all the unfalvorful, premiuim food Aramark sold, people at baseball games still wanted things like hot dogs, chili-cheese fries and beer.

One thing I particulalry do not like is how far spread out some of the food is. For intance I sit in section 230, between the on-deck circle and home plate on the Royals side. I have to walk all the way down to the very last stand on the 1st base side to get a footlong hot dog. Last year all I had to do was walk up the stairs to the top of my section and voila.

Last week when we went out there was only 24K people yet prior to the game starting they ran out of sour cream for their new nachos grade. Also the "KC Cantina" menu has real big "Tacos, Buritos and More" posted yet there is not 1 burito on the menu. Couple that with things like you can't go into the tunnel now unless you have certain tickets and the space eaten up by the "Diamond Club" and I think they fucked the fan as far as convenience goes.

BTW, if you like hot dogs the better value is the foot long for 2 reasons:

1. You get more for the money
2. They are actually on a grill when you get them as opposed to sitting under a warming lamp if you get the regular ones.

And that being said their burgers are not all that great cause as I said, they sit under a warming lamp so not only is the cheese you get ice cold, the burger is not that warm to begin with.

Personally I think they fucked up going with Aramark exclusively. We have Aramark at Sprint and they have the priciest, fancy named food that has no flavor at all.

DeezNutz
05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Gordon wasn't playing, so he tried to help. Took a swing, but couldn't reach the thug who ducked low and away.

cmh6476
05-18-2009, 02:16 PM
boycott Aramark!#@!

tomahawk kid
05-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Basically the issue has been the restrooms and the concessions. When they started the season they thought having a wide variety of food spread out throughout the stadium would be a good thing. It wasn't. Then they figured out despite all the unfalvorful, premiuim food Aramark sold, people at baseball games still wanted things like hot dogs, chili-cheese fries and beer.

One thing I particulalry do not like is how far spread out some of the food is. For intance I sit in section 230, between the on-deck circle and home plate on the Royals side. I have to walk all the way down to the very last stand on the 1st base side to get a footlong hot dog. Last year all I had to do was walk up the stairs to the top of my section and voila.

Last week when we went out there was only 24K people yet prior to the game starting they ran out of sour cream for their new nachos grade. Also the "KC Cantina" menu has real big "Tacos, Buritos and More" posted yet there is not 1 burito on the menu. Couple that with things like you can't go into the tunnel now unless you have certain tickets and the space eaten up by the "Diamond Club" and I think they ****ed the fan as far as convenience goes.

BTW, if you like hot dogs the better value is the foot long for 2 reasons:

1. You get more for the money
2. They are actually on a grill when you get them as opposed to sitting under a warming lamp if you get the regular ones.

And that being said their burgers are not all that great cause as I said, they sit under a warming lamp so not only is the cheese you get ice cold, the burger is not that warm to begin with.

Personally I think they ****ed up going with Aramark exclusively. We have Aramark at Sprint and they have the priciest, fancy named food that has no flavor at all.

The sad thing is Aramark is still a step up from Centerplate.

That sh!t the last couple of years was just nasty.

I've only sat downstairs once this season, but the food issues upstairs haven't been as stark to me.

I will say I got a hotdog on Saturday night and the thing was probably lukewarm at best. Other than that - no complaints from me.

Demonpenz
05-18-2009, 02:19 PM
hal mcrae holding a handle of gin threw a phone at one of the suspects yelling PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT

petegz28
05-18-2009, 02:21 PM
The sad thing is Aramark is still a step up from Centerplate.

That sh!t the last couple of years was just nasty.

I've only sat downstairs once this season, but the food issues upstairs haven't been as stark to me.

I will say I got a hotdog on Saturday night and the thing was probably lukewarm at best. Other than that - no complaints from me.

I won't buy a regular hot dog because they are not hot. They are warmish dogs at best. The Nacho Grade or whatever they call it is pretty good as long as you get what you pay for. My wife got one half-made the first time we went out and as I said they were running out of sour cream the last time and the game had not even started.

You are probably better off buying a hot dog from a vendor that walks the seats as opposed to a stand. At least you know they are wrapped and in a hot box instead of sitting out unwrapped under a lamp. I am old school baseball when it comes to that stuff, hot dogs and beeer, with the occasional Italian Sausage. Which even those are smaller this year.

tomahawk kid
05-18-2009, 02:24 PM
I won't buy a regular hot dog because they are not hot. They are warmish dogs at best. The Nacho Grade or whatever they call it is pretty good as long as you get what you pay for. My wife got one half-made the first time we went out and as I said they were running out of sour cream the last time and the game had not even started.

You are probably better off buying a hot dog from a vendor that walks the seats as opposed to a stand. At least you know they are wrapped and in a hot box instead of sitting out unwrapped under a lamp. I am old school baseball when it comes to that stuff, hot dogs and beeer, with the occasional Italian Sausage. Which even those are smaller this year.

Yeah - I guess they're more concerned about serving the dogs in those neato trays than they are having them hot.

Nzoner
05-18-2009, 02:25 PM
KK reporting about the fight.

KK just said Rivals is nothing more than a big frat party and Boal said he was going to go check it out and Danny told him to wear his hard hat.

Anyhow,I'm going for the first time next Wednesday(the 27th) and am looking forward to spending my afternoon out on the decks,I have one of those Chiefs hardhats,should I really wear it?

Mr. Plow
05-18-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm pumped to go to a game. I haven't been in YEARS. I'm really excited to take my kids to their 1st baseball game.

|Zach|
05-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Pete, to be fair you are generally pretty committed to being unhappy. I don't think you would know what to do yourself if you were not complaining about something.

Food at the park is what it is...you can only do so much with that amount of volume.

tomahawk kid
05-18-2009, 02:27 PM
KK just said Rivals is nothing more than a big frat party and Boal said he was going to go check it out and Danny told him to wear his hard hat.

Anyhow,I'm going for the first time next Wednesday(the 27th) and am looking forward to spending my afternoon out on the decks,I have one of those Chiefs hardhats,should I really wear it?

No - you'll be fine.

The Rivals draws a younger crowd for sure - the type of folks who like to drink and have a good time. I'm sure that clientele scares the sh!t out of 2 OP Natives, KK and D.

Nzoner
05-18-2009, 02:28 PM
If I plan on eating at the ballpark,I take a sammich in and a big bag of peanuts

Mr. Krab
05-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Countdown until the MADD types start screaming for drink limits and closing the bar after the 5 inning and all sorts of other goofy shit.

5,4,3 ....

|Zach|
05-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Arrowhead seems to do a better job w\ food than the K does for whatever reasons. Not sure about the companies involved or who does what. I rarely have anything different than a dog at a Royals game. Nachos are decent.

|Zach|
05-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Countdown until the MADD types start screaming for drink limits and closing the bar after the 5 inning and all sorts of other goofy shit.

5,4,3 ....

I don't know about all that. I am always amazed at the amount of people who drink enough to be total dicksacks at a baseball game with kids everywhere. It is like nobody in this whole city knows how to handle their drinking.

petegz28
05-18-2009, 02:31 PM
If I plan on eating at the ballpark,I take a sammich in and a big bag of peanuts

We are going to start doing that I do believe. For 2 nachos grade's and 2 medium soda's it's $22.50

tomahawk kid
05-18-2009, 02:32 PM

5,4,3 ....

Yep - I'm not sure why it's so hard for some folks to just be responsible and act like something resembling an adult.

kysirsoze

Yeah. Just wait till we completely crash and burn. Then the crowd sizes will be much more comfortable then.;)

Deberg_1990
Ill be bringing my kids there later this summer. Where are the family oriented areas of the K ?

Nzoner
05-18-2009, 02:33 PM
No - you'll be fine.

The Rivals draws a younger crowd for sure - the type of folks who like to drink and have a good time. I'm sure that clientele scares the sh!t out of 2 OP Natives, KK and D.

heh,I was being an ass,I love to drink and have a good time and my lil bro and I already have a DD for that day so although I may be old enough to be some of those youngins' dad I should fit right in.

tomahawk kid
We are going to start doing that I do believe. For 2 nachos grade's and 2 medium soda's it's $22.50

That's anywhere.

Sports events, concerts, movies etc........

kysirsoze

5,4,3 ....

pfft. That's why I show up drunk... and bring a flask.

|Zach|
05-18-2009, 02:35 PM
That's anywhere.

Sports events, concerts, movies etc........

Yea, thats just part of the deal. It is what it is... :shrug:

tomahawk kid
05-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Ill be bringing my kids there later this summer. Where are the family oriented areas of the K ?

The outfield experience and generally anything in the lower bowl, with the possible exception of RF.

In my experience, the rowdier fans are usually in the upper decks.

In general, I think Royals games are much more family friendly than Chiefs games.

Just my opinion on that last part......

|Zach|
05-18-2009, 02:36 PM
In general, I think Royals games are much more family friendly that Chiefs game.

Just my opinion on that last part......

No doubt.

gblowfish
05-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Decent beer (Not Miller Lite or Bud Lite) was $7.00.
Italian Sausage (Not even Schimeka's) was around $7.00.

No Sheboygan Brats any more.....

Thought the quality of food was pretty disappointing, and EVERYTHING definitely over priced. Buck nights still your best family value.

Park is pretty.

Nzoner
05-18-2009, 02:38 PM
KK apparently has one of the women involved live on the radio right now,I can't hardly understand a word she's saying

cmh6476
05-18-2009, 02:39 PM
ok, this lady shouldnt have called in.

Mr. Krab
05-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Some stupid bitch just admitted on the radio that she kicked someone while they were on the ground. ROFL

Deberg_1990
05-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Yea, thats just part of the deal. It is what it is... :shrug:

KC fans needs to more thankful they dont pay west and east coast prices.

Nzoner
05-18-2009, 02:41 PM
"He called me the N word,and then he said we voted for you guys" :doh!:

tomahawk kid
05-18-2009, 02:42 PM
KK apparently has one of the women involved live on the radio right now,I can't hardly understand a word she's saying

Someone needs to kick KK while he's on the ground.

How long until we hear - "If only they'd built the park downtown like I wanted, this never would have happened."

His motives are pretty transparent.

tomahawk kid
05-18-2009, 02:43 PM

Yeah - I've been to game in San Diego and San Fran.

We don't have alot to complain about in terms of concession prices.

gblowfish
05-18-2009, 02:44 PM

I wouldn't mind paying east or west coast prices if I had an east or west coast salary.

Lower cost of living = lower wages.

Nzoner
05-18-2009, 02:46 PM
I sure wished I could get 610 in my office,this shit is as bad as Jerry Springer

tomahawk kid
05-18-2009, 02:48 PM
I sure wished I could get 610 in my office,this shit is as bad as Jerry Springer

With KK bitter about the Stadium deal and the Royals now being competitive after his station gave up the broadcast rights - he's going to pump this sh!t for days.

I hope this all comes back around on him someday.

Pioli Zombie
05-18-2009, 02:48 PM
I don't know about all that. I am always amazed at the amount of people who drink enough to be total dicksacks at a baseball game with kids everywhere. It is like nobody in this whole city knows how to handle their drinking.
Please. This is nothing. Try living in Boston. Going to a game at Fenway is like going to a methadone clinic.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
05-18-2009, 02:51 PM
"He called me the N word,and then he said we voted for you guys" :doh!:

What did he mean by "you guys"? ROFL

Jerm
05-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Man the one day I don't work security for a game and this breaks out...oh well.

Kinda surprised this happened in the kids area and not around Rivals, that's where I figured something big would happen.

The biggest problem IMO is the smoking, esp. up in the View Level (usually where I'm posted at). It's a joke...can't believe the city put the ordinance in to have everyone on the ground level by the fence to smoke.

I wish they would've put a couple of ashtrays at each end of the level where it's open and allow people to smoke there...would cut down on problems and clear the traffic out some too.

MoreLemonPledge
05-18-2009, 02:53 PM
When was this fight? I was back there in the 8th and 9th inning and it was completely fine.

Dartgod
05-18-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm pissed they don't have polish dogs anymore. Or at least I couldn't find them.

I went to one stand for a hot dog and nachos, and they didn't have nachos at that stand. It was a full-sized stand too. I was like, WTF :spock:

DeezNutz
05-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Don't go to Rivals unless you're scared of getting laid.

Mr. Krab
What did he mean by "you guys"? ROFLDon't you know that Obama is related to every other black in america. They all know each other, it's a big club.

Nzoner
I have a question,my nephew(19) is going to the game with us next week,will he be able to hang out on the deck with us while we're drinking?

petegz28
05-18-2009, 03:01 PM

CF behind the Crown is where all the kids area stuff is.

DeezNutz
05-18-2009, 03:02 PM
I have a question,my nephew(19) is going to the game with us next week,will he be able to hang out on the deck with us while we're drinking?

You better have him with you if you want to look at some young snatch.

petegz28
05-18-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm pissed they don't have polish dogs anymore. Or at least I couldn't find them.

I went to one stand for a hot dog and nachos, and they didn't have nachos at that stand. It was a full-sized stand too. I was like, WTF :spock:

Yea, that is one of the problems. They are figuring out slowly but surely that people want nachos and hot dogs at a baseball game.

tomahawk kid
05-18-2009, 03:04 PM

Pretty sure he can get into the Rivals Sports Bar. Not sure about the Party deck.

Mr. Plow
05-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Ok. So all the young hot snatch hangs out on the party deck. I might just get seats for the wife and kids and head on over.

sedated
05-18-2009, 03:10 PM

wtf?

Nzoner
05-18-2009, 03:41 PM
You better have him with you if you want to look at some young snatch.

have him with me just to look,wow

DeezNutz
05-18-2009, 03:45 PM
have him with me just to look,wow

He's a magnet.

Nzoner
05-18-2009, 03:50 PM
He's a magnet.

He is at that,little shit pisses me off,sometimes I think he got his looks from the mailman because they sure didn't come from our families. :)

RJ
05-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Does anyone go to a baseball game to watch baseball these days?

Or is that passe'?

Deberg_1990
05-18-2009, 04:10 PM

Or is that passe'?

Heh, ive brought this question up many times.

Its certainly different times from when i was a kid. Very few people enjoy the slow nuances of baseball anymore.

It almost seems as if the game itself is secondary now.

petegz28
05-18-2009, 04:31 PM

Or is that passe'?

I tell you what, I get more people that sit around me and talk on their phones or to each other about everything but the game. I had some of Gordon's family behind me one night...they talked about nothing baseball related unless he was at the plate. I had Avilles's and Wychters' (sp?) wives behind me the other night, samething. Avilles's wife was a chatty kathy and on my damn nerves. There are a few other season ticket holders around me that are actually into the game.

I must look like a tard cause I am out there, chatting with the wife about the game, listening to a braodcast of the game on my radio and on the phone to particpate in the Royals thread on here.

kysirsoze
05-18-2009, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't mind paying east or west coast prices if I had an east or west coast salary.

Lower cost of living = lower wages.

ROFL MYTH! Trust me.

MoreLemonPledge
05-18-2009, 04:46 PM
I tell you what, I get more people that sit around me and talk on their phones or to each other about everything but the game. I had some of Gordon's family behind me one night...they talked about nothing baseball related unless he was at the plate. I had Avilles's and Wychters' (sp?) wives behind me the other night, samething. Avilles's wife was a chatty kathy and on my damn nerves. There are a few other season ticket holders around me that are actually into the game.

I must look like a tard cause I am out there, chatting with the wife about the game, listening to a braodcast of the game on my radio and on the phone to particpate in the Royals thread on here.

It's kind of sad.

When I take my 4 year old, I talk through the game with him and tell him what's happening, why they decided to go to the bullpen or pinch hit or what to look for in certain situations. He can recognize balls and strikes pretty well and knows all of the players and their positions.

My point is, it's really sad that a 4 year old knows more about the team and the game than the majority of the people sitting around me. The other day I heard somebody ask what happens if there's a tie.

Demonpenz
05-18-2009, 04:49 PM
It's kind of sad.

When I take my 4 year old, I talk through the game with him and tell him what's happening, why they decided to go to the bullpen or pinch hit or what to look for in certain situations. He can recognize balls and strikes pretty well and knows all of the players and their positions.

My point is, it's really sad that a 4 year old knows more about the team and the game than the majority of the people sitting around me. The other day I heard somebody ask what happens if there's a tie.

oh the humanity, people that have more important things going on other than watching out of shape fucks hit a white ball around a huge bar

MoreLemonPledge
05-18-2009, 04:51 PM
oh the humanity, people that have more important things going on other than watching out of shape ****s hit a white ball around a huge bar

Then why go to a baseball game at all?

You can get beer for a hell of a lot cheaper at any bar.

Sure-Oz
05-18-2009, 04:55 PM
I went friday night and had a blast...of course half the fans were gone. I was able to get concessions and $1 hotdogs just fine and dandy. I didnt walk around a whole lot due to the rain etc but i had a good time. The team store is pretty sweet too and got a greinke shirt. the GF said she had a great time thursday at the party deck area and was on tv for a min cause joel goldberg was next to her and she talked to him. Also got a nice picture and said it was a bit crowded up there and there were some douchebags around.

Expected for the 'party deck' though with all the young drunkys all around

As for the food, we got $1 hot dogs and they were hot the whole time.

Pioli Zombie
05-18-2009, 05:00 PM

So its a "Claythan-Free" zone.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nzoner
05-18-2009, 05:24 PM

Or is that passe'?

Hope I didn't give the wrong idea with the drinking comment,I mean I'll be drinking but I'm there to see the game as well,just looking forward to being out in the party zone to watch.

KevB
05-18-2009, 05:29 PM
I've been out there once, and the only thing that bothered me was that I had to stand in one line for a hot dog, then move over to another line for a pretzel. It's not like I was choosing two gourmet items. You'd think they could throw a pretzel warmer in each of the standard concession areas.

KCUnited
05-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Was at Wrigley last month and saw 2 guys nearly come to blows and the beer guy was pouring 1 of the dudes another beer while they were poking each other in the chest and everybody just minded their own business. I was at the K a couple Sunday's ago around home plate, there were so many kids around I was getting stared down by parents for just chattering.

KChiefs1
05-18-2009, 06:06 PM
I've been told that if you want to get into a fistfight that you can easy get one in the right field area.

Pioli Zombie
05-18-2009, 06:26 PM
I've been told that if you want to get into a fistfight that you can easy get one in the right field area.

Um, good?
Posted via Mobile Device

Halfcan
05-18-2009, 06:29 PM
so LJ is hanging at the K now??

Mecca
05-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Was at Wrigley last month and saw 2 guys nearly come to blows and the beer guy was pouring 1 of the dudes another beer while they were poking each other in the chest and everybody just minded their own business. I was at the K a couple Sunday's ago around home plate, there were so many kids around I was getting stared down by parents for just chattering.

Overprotective parents eh?

KCChiefsMan
05-18-2009, 07:01 PM
A few years ago at a game this older, probably early 40's guy tried to fight me in front of his 6 kids sitting there. He was in an isle seat and I needed to get through and said "excuse me" he didn't react and even though it irritated me, I said nothing and stepped over him. Well I accidently bumped him and he spilled a little of his drink. He gets up and tries to throw the rest of his drink on me and tries to start a fight. I even apologized and offered to buy him a new drink and he still tried to fight me. I said something about how he's setting a real good example to his 6 kids sitting there and then I got security. I had to hold everything in for me not to punch that guy, I know there is a 100% chance that you will go to jail if you get into a fight there and plus in front of kids...come on.

KCUnited
05-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Overprotective parents eh?
It was like being at an American Legion tournament in Leawood.

RJ
05-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Hope I didn't give the wrong idea with the drinking comment,I mean I'll be drinking but I'm there to see the game as well,just looking forward to being out in the party zone to watch.

Didn't mean you or anyone else in particular. I just found it interesting that all of the posts in the thread were about the surrounding entertainment instead of baseball. I blame it on the San Diego Chicken. If I were there without the wife I'd be sitting with you and your nephew.....looking a bit geeky while keeping a scorebook :D Yes, a baseball dweeb am I.

When I take my family to Isotopes games I wait until about the 7th inning to have a beer. At $8 for a Fat Tire I save it up like dessert. It's minor league baseball but the concessions are at major league prices.

joesomebody
05-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Yea, that is one of the problems. They are figuring out slowly but surely that people want nachos and hot dogs at a baseball game.Not just that, they tout their new bbq sandwiches and then I have to go to a different stand to get french fries? How hard is it to make french fries...

KingPriest2
05-19-2009, 01:35 PM
A few years ago at a game this older, probably early 40's guy tried to fight me in front of his 6 kids sitting there. He was in an isle seat and I needed to get through and said "excuse me" he didn't react and even though it irritated me, I said nothing and stepped over him. Well I accidently bumped him and he spilled a little of his drink. He gets up and tries to throw the rest of his drink on me and tries to start a fight. I even apologized and offered to buy him a new drink and he still tried to fight me. I said something about how he's setting a real good example to his 6 kids sitting there and then I got security. I had to hold everything in for me not to punch that guy, I know there is a 100% chance that you will go to jail if you get into a fight there and plus in front of kids...come on.

Need more people like you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Halfcan
05-19-2009, 02:14 PM

Guy walks in front of couple taking a pic of their kids and they get into a fight in the kids area

Apparently
Posted via Mobile Device

Here is what REALLY happened..

A young white couple were trying to take a picture (Mom and daughter) a African American family came out of the bar area-why the bar are is sooo close to the Kids zone, makes no sense) but they walked right through the picture-on purpose and sort of lingered in the way. The Dad trying to take the pic said "excuss me please".

The drunk women began dropping F bombs in front of the kids and went nuts over it. The Mom said " I don't appreciate that language in front of my daughter" and before she could finish her sentence the Very Large women Rhino charged her and started kicking he in the face and ribs. When the husband tried to help the rest of the family jumped him and beat the living shit out of both of them for over 10 minutes until security showed up. A stranger grabbed the daughter to shield her away from seeing her parents getting beat to death. Security showed up and gave a ticket to the white family for fighting in public and I guess the black women got one too. The rest of the bunch ran out before security Slowly walked over.

They Did not call them racial names or anything At all to deserve what happened. The white couple have hired an attorney and I expect several lawsuits will be filed against the Royals for Complete lack of Security and also against the muggers.

Funny how the story was completely different on the news-made it sound as if the African Americans were Racial slurred and spit on by a bunch of drunk white people. This family DID NOTHING to deserve being gang mugged. They got the living shit beat out of them.

Deberg_1990
05-19-2009, 02:16 PM

A young white couple were trying to take a picture (Mom and daughter) a African American family came out of the bar area-why the bar are is sooo close to the Kids zone, makes no sense) but they walked right through the picture-on purpose and sort of lingered in the way. The Dad trying to take the pic said "excuss me please".

The drunk women began dropping F bombs in front of the kids and went nuts over it. The Mom said " I don't appreciate that language in front of my daughter" and before she could finish her sentence the Very Large women Rhino charged her and started kicking he in the face and ribs. When the husband tried to help the rest of the family jumped him and beat the living shit out of both of them for over 10 minutes until security showed up. A stranger grabbed the daughter to shield her away from seeing her parents getting beat to death. Security showed up and gave a ticket to the white family for fighting in public and I guess the black women got one too. The rest of the bunch ran out before security Slowly walked over.

They Did not call them racial names or anything At all to deserve what happened. The white couple have hired an attorney and I expect several lawsuits will be filed against the Royals for Complete lack of Security and also against the muggers.

Funny how the story was completely different on the news-made it sound as if the African Americans were Racial slurred and spit on by a bunch of drunk white people. This family DID NOTHING to deserve being gang mugged. They got the living shit beat out of them.

link please?

Dartgod
05-19-2009, 02:19 PM

Where did you get this info?

Sure-Oz
05-19-2009, 02:20 PM

George Bush hates black people

Halfcan
05-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Where did you get this info?

The white couple are next door neighbors for a lady that works for me.

They just got their lawnmower stolen and their tires flattened last week from a bunch of trash neighbors right before all this happened.

Talk about a bad week.

Pablo
05-19-2009, 02:22 PM
To be fair, I saw a white male, probably in his mid 30's..being placed in a wheelchair with bandages all over his face and bleeding in that area. He had a young girl sitting on his lap, and his wife was talking with security when I walked by and I heard something to the effect of "They just kept pushing him down over and over, they wouldn't let him off the ground."

Apparently I walked by the aftermath, but the white father had some facial injuries for sure.

From what I could tell (looks alone), they seemed to be just average people, not trash, and not the type to instigate a fight. But that's only based on their appearance.

Halfcan
05-19-2009, 02:24 PM
link please?

There won't be anything on the news from them-their attorney ( who specializes in lawsuits againt big venues) told them not to talk to anyone. Fox 4 was camped out on their lawn for a bit, but got nothing so just ran the black families side of it.

DeezNutz
05-19-2009, 02:24 PM
George Bush hates black people

LMAO

Fuck you! You don't like fucking Republicans?!? You're not a politician, so you don't know fucking shit! /George Brett/

Halfcan
05-19-2009, 02:26 PM
To be fair, I saw a white male, probably in his mid 30's..being placed in a wheelchair with bandages all over his face and bleeding in that area. He had a young girl sitting on his lap, and his wife was talking with security when I walked by and I heard something to the effect of "They just kept pushing him down over and over, they wouldn't let him off the ground."

Apparently I walked by the aftermath, but the white father had some facial injuries for sure.

From what I could tell (looks alone), they seemed to be just average people, not trash, and not the type to instigate a fight. But that's only based on their appearance.

That was the first fight he has ever been involved in.. if you can call 6 people kicking you repeatedly-a fight.

They are a very nice couple-they have been if for lunch a few times-quiet-far from racial slurring trash as depicted by the news.

Deberg_1990
05-19-2009, 02:26 PM
There won't be anything on the news from them-their attorney ( who specializes in lawsuits againt big venues) told them not to talk to anyone. Fox 4 was camped out on their lawn for a bit, but got nothing so just ran the black families side of it.

Its unfortunate that something like this had to happen. I pray it wasnt racially related even though both parties are of different color.

Pablo
05-19-2009, 02:28 PM
That was the first fight he has ever been involved in.. if you can call 6 people kicking you repeatedly-a fight.

They are a very nice couple-they have been if for lunch a few times-quiet-far from racial slurring trash as depicted by the news.Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if he was an accountant or IT guy or something. Definitely didn't look like the tough-guy type.

Mr. Plow
05-19-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm sure the white guy has tons of black friends.

Dartgod
05-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Well, there should have been plenty of witnesses. Hopefully the truth, whatever it is, comes out and justice is served.

stevieray
05-19-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm sure the white guy has tons of black friends.

????

tooge
05-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Ok, so let me get the "rules" straight before I take my 2 kids out there.
1. Dont try to take a pic of the kids
2. Never say "excuse me" to anyone else out there
3. If #1 or #2 above occur, plan on getting in a fight
4. Bring at least 5 friends with me
5. dont bother uttering the N word. It'll be reported that I said it anyway on the news.

That about sum it up? Any others?

Pablo
05-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Where's Marlboro Chief when you need him to inject some insightful posts in a thread concerning two different ethnic groups?

tomahawk kid
05-19-2009, 02:38 PM
I gotta believe the truth here is somewhere in between both of these stories.

In my experience, stuff like this just doesn't happen.

Deberg_1990
05-19-2009, 02:40 PM

This

Sure-Oz
05-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Maybe they were black zombies hungry for white flesh?

Pablo
05-19-2009, 02:42 PM

In my experience, stuff like this just doesn't happen.The woman probably stepped in front of the photo, the other woman probably called her a fat bitch or something, and that's somehow rang as a racial slur; then the husband stepped forward to try to diffuse the situation and got his ass beat.

tomahawk kid
05-19-2009, 02:44 PM
The woman probably stepped in front of the photo, the other woman probably called her a fat bitch or something, and that's somehow rang as a racial slur; then the husband stepped forward to try to diffuse the situation and got his ass beat.

According to the story in the Star, and independent witness said the ladies husband spit in the other ladies face - which started the beatdown.

Sounds like the Royals need to beef up security in the stadium. Unfortunately folks have a really hard time acting like adults anymore - even if it means exposing kids to things they shouldn't be exposed to.

Demonpenz
05-19-2009, 02:48 PM
good example of reverse racism

Halfcan
05-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if he was an accountant or IT guy or something. Definitely didn't look like the tough-guy type.

No these are very quiet church people. They just wanted to have a nice family night out-they figured the ball game in the Kids Zone-would be a SAFE place. :rolleyes:

Deberg_1990
05-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Whatever the case, it sounds like someone made the colossal mistake of putting the kids play area next to the adult party area.

Jerm
05-19-2009, 02:51 PM
There's no way the fight went on for 10 mins. before security or police showed up....the bulk of police and security are in that very area.

It wouldn't even take me 10 mins. to get to that location from the View Level where I'm located once the call went out.

Halfcan
05-19-2009, 02:52 PM
According to the story in the Star, and independent witness said the ladies husband spit in the other ladies face - which started the beatdown.

Sounds like the Royals need to beef up security in the stadium. Unfortunately folks have a really hard time acting like adults anymore - even if it means exposing kids to things they shouldn't be exposed to.

Well if it is in the Star it MUST be true. :shake:

Like I said the Black family played the Race card to cover for a Complete lack of control. They should be in jail for attempted murder right now.

Dartgod
05-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Whatever the case, it sounds like someone made the colossal mistake of assuming that ADULTS could act responsibly and act civilly towards other people.
Fixed it...

tomahawk kid
05-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Whatever the case, it sounds like someone made the colossal mistake of putting the kids play area next to the adult party area.

The Rivals sports bar is a decent distance from the Kids play area.

The bar is in Right Field - the kids area is in center field.

The notion of trying to make it sound like Rivals is built next to the merry go round and on top of the putt-putt golf course is just an effort to help someone's lawsuit.

Deberg_1990
05-19-2009, 02:54 PM

Like I said the Black family played the Race card to cover for a Complete lack of control. They should be in jail for attempted murder right now.

Dude, we still dont know what the other family said to provoke, or if they did. etc...

Lets not jump on the black family so quickly.

tomahawk kid
05-19-2009, 02:54 PM

I'm not saying that the Star is gospel, just suggesting there's probably a "middle truth" in here somewhere.

MoreLemonPledge
05-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Dude, we still dont know what the other family said to provoke, or if they did. etc...

Well the media sure was quick to jump on the white family.

Dartgod
05-19-2009, 02:55 PM

Fuck that. I'm gonna kick a bitch!

Demonpenz
05-19-2009, 02:56 PM

meh

Halfcan
05-19-2009, 02:56 PM

I posted the "Truth" whether anyone wants to believe it or not-that is up to them.

People do Stoopid stuff when completly drunk-like beat someone down half your size if front of their kids.

This was an assualt-no spin can be put on this to justify the black families action. Nothing!!

Deberg_1990
05-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Well the media sure was quick to jump on the white family.

Yes, the media is always right.

Thanks for Halfcan for adding more to the story. LIke someone mentioned, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Sure-Oz
shoot both parties involved for fucking with the K

DeezNutz
meh

Clearly some Chester design planning.

Frazod
05-19-2009, 02:58 PM

Well obviously that didn't happen - a nice 6 on 2 beatdown at a PACKED STADIUM in front of a bunch of kids, no less, and nobody jumped in to stop it, or help?

What a bunch of fucking sheep.

Sure-Oz
05-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Well obviously that didn't happen - a nice 6 on 2 beatdown at a PACKED STADIUM in front of a bunch of kids, no less, and nobody jumped in to stop it, or help?

What a bunch of ****ing sheep.
People never get involved

Dartgod
05-19-2009, 02:59 PM
I posted the "Truth" whether anyone wants to believe it or not-that is up to them.

People do Stoopid stuff when completly drunk-like beat someone down half your size if front of their kids.

This was an assualt-no spin can be put on this to justify the black families action. Nothing!!
To be fair, you are providing third hand information. Not saying it's not true, but usually these "he said that she said that she saw" stories can get embellished along the way.

DeezNutz
05-19-2009, 02:59 PM

What a bunch of ****ing sheep.

Nah, sheep wouldn't have run from the scene as quickly as what some have described.

Sure-Oz
05-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Nah, sheep wouldn't have run from the scene as quickly as what some have described.

Like i said before...

they were black zombies

Demonpenz
05-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Hopefully the whole thing gets sorted out, no one was killed. I will point out some of the delicious irony though.

DeezNutz
05-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Like i said before...

they were black zombies

http://rightvoices.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/thats_racist.gif

Halfcan
05-19-2009, 03:01 PM

Sticks and Stones... The Law in this country does not give you the right to kick the crap out of someone for name calling (which like I said was a total fabrication to cover for the assualt).

IF the black family was so dishonored-why not stick around-they Knew what they did was a crime-and I am sure will pay dearly in court for it.

They ran away to keep from getting arrested.

Demonpenz
05-19-2009, 03:02 PM
btw frazod I don't jump in on fights to break them up. too many nights out in st joe where police attack dogs don't know who is trying to break them up and who isn't

DeezNutz
05-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Why did they think they were dishonored?

There HAS to be something more. "Please move" doesn't usually trigger massive ass beatings. Except when you say it to me, but I'm a rarity.

Sure-Oz
05-19-2009, 03:04 PM
http://rightvoices.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/thats_racist.gif

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__OnMr9TYEno/R-BkysuQ7kI/AAAAAAAAADw/mNrW-PVOfoA/s400/fucking-love-coloring.jpg

tomahawk kid
05-19-2009, 03:04 PM

There HAS to be something more. "Please move" doesn't usually trigger massive ass beatings. Except when you say it to me, but I'm a rarity.

I've been known to throw down on as little as "pardon".

Halfcan
05-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Yes, the media is always right.

Thanks for Halfcan for adding more to the story. LIke someone mentioned, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Yeah it was weird-I read this thread last night, then saw it on the news-then first thing, my helper tells me her friends/neighbors got the crap beat out of them at the K.

Demonpenz
05-19-2009, 03:05 PM
the truth the woman apparently was trying to move the vinagar

Dartgod
05-19-2009, 03:07 PM

Probably the tone in which it was said. Beulah took offense and it escalated from there would be my guess.

Halfcan
05-19-2009, 03:08 PM

They were drunk off their asses. 10 foot tall and bullet proof. How dare you talk to me....

like I said Sticks and Stones...

there was No Excuss for doing that-let alone in front of kids.

Frazod
05-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Well, if I saw a situation going down right in front of me as you described, I would have probably done something. I might have gotten my ass kicked and arrested for my trouble, but I seriously think I would have jumped. Either option would be better than feeling like a gutless turd for the rest of my life.

And also, again, assuming what you said is accurate, it pisses me off that people behave that way, and they do it because they get away with it, because NOBODY FUCKING STANDS UP TO THEM. I hate bullies, and this is just plain bullying - color doesn't matter one goddamn bit.

Had it been a fair fight I would have watched, just because I love a good fight. But this one doesn't sound fair.

Pablo
05-19-2009, 03:14 PM
btw frazod I don't jump in on fights to break them up. too many nights out in st joe where police attack dogs don't know who is trying to break them up and who isn'tThis is true.

I get to go to court in a couple of weeks for just being near a fight as it happened. I suppose I could have ran away, and looked even more guilty and had a police dog bite me in the ass.

Pablo
05-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Well, if I saw a situation going down right in front of me as you described, I would have probably done something. I might have gotten my ass kicked and arrested for my trouble, but I seriously think I would have jumped. Either option would be better than feeling like a gutless turd for the rest of my life.

And also, again, assuming what you said is accurate, it pisses me off that people behave that way, and they do it because they get away with it, because NOBODY FUCKING STANDS UP TO THEM. I hate bullies, and this is just plain bullying - color doesn't matter one goddamn bit.

Had it been a fair fight I would have watched, just because I love a good fight. But this one doesn't sound fair.This is true also. If you can even just pull one person off the pile and control them, then that's only 5 on 2. And some people might follow your lead and pull the rest off.

But for the most part, I'm sure folks just stood around watching them get their asses kicked and waited nervously on security to break it up.

Demonpenz
05-19-2009, 03:21 PM
that would have been funny if it happened near guillen, you know he wants to rock every time a fight breaks out

Frazod
05-19-2009, 03:21 PM
This is true also. If you can even just pull one person off the pile and control them, then that's only 5 on 2. And some people might follow your lead and pull the rest off.

But for the most part, I'm sure folks just stood around watching them get their asses kicked and waited nervously on security to break it up.

That's what I'd hope for - that my jumping in would embarrass others into taking action instead of just standing there.

Otherwise..... :$2500:

stevieray
05-19-2009, 03:22 PM
This isn't about color at all..it's about right and wrong...and our lack of trust

..and this is exactly why everything is becoming so over monitered.. just waitng for someone to screw up...and everytime an incident occurs, it will get worse...

I'm not taking my kids to the sports complex...not out of paranoia, but out of pragmatism.

It's hard to provide a famly enviroment when half the families are shattered.

concerts? please..like watching a show in the prison cafeteria.

Demonpenz
05-19-2009, 03:26 PM
if one of the couples was muslim and big daddy was there he would have round house kicked the guy so hard he would have been impaled by george bretts bat statue, and slide down slowly

Frazod
05-19-2009, 03:26 PM
concerts? please..like watching a show in the prison cafeteria.

No shit.

I took my then 11-year-old goddaughter to a concert at Summerfest in Milwaukee - it was the 8:00 p.m. show and all the idiot-ass cheeseheads had been marinating in shitty beer for about 10 hours. I'm sure that being lost in a sea of drunken trailer trash would have annoyed the hell out of me anyway, but having a child there that I was responsible for made it that much worse.

First and last time I ever took her to a concert.

RJ
05-19-2009, 03:32 PM
if one of the couples was muslim and big daddy was there he would have round house kicked the guy so hard he would have been impaled by george bretts bat statue, and slide down slowly

Big Daddy would have shoved a bad Chinese driver right up that woman's ass.

And it would have served her right.

LauraPhipps
05-21-2009, 02:11 PM

I just wanted to pass along that I was there. (the lady on the news) and I will be a witness for them if they need it. I took thier little girl into the Batting Cage Area while the fight was happening. She was so sweet. It is really sad this happened. I only went to the New when the Royals wouldn't comment on the amount of Security they had in the area. It was an awful thing and they deserve so much for having this happen to them.!! If they would like my info again I saw it all and will talk to anyone needed. Please tell Maddie her friend Laura has not been able to stop thinking about her. I just kept wondering what about Maddie; my daughter is a year older.

MOhillbilly
05-21-2009, 02:14 PM
when i got into it with clinton portis family/mom there was police everywhere.

LauraPhipps
05-21-2009, 02:15 PM
This is true also. If you can even just pull one person off the pile and control them, then that's only 5 on 2. And some people might follow your lead and pull the rest off.

That is true, but this happened and it got even more out of control.
My daughter doesn't need to see me trying to do good and end up beaten and bloody!

MOhillbilly
05-21-2009, 02:17 PM
can i have your casino cash?

CrazyPhuD
05-21-2009, 02:23 PM
can i have your casino cash?

ROFL......vultures....you were standing around stealing the casino cash that fell out of the people pockets when they were being beat weren't you????:cuss:

Fish
05-21-2009, 02:26 PM
I just wanted to pass along that I was there. (the lady on the news) and I will be a witness for them if they need it. I took thier little girl into the Batting Cage Area while the fight was happening. She was so sweet. It is really sad this happened. I only went to the New when the Royals wouldn't comment on the amount of Security they had in the area. It was an awful thing and they deserve so much for having this happen to them.!! If they would like my info again I saw it all and will talk to anyone needed. Please tell Maddie her friend Laura has not been able to stop thinking about her. I just kept wondering what about Maddie; my daughter is a year older.

Hey baby.... A/S/L?

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7073/butthead2.jpg

LauraPhipps
05-21-2009, 02:27 PM
When was this fight? I was back there in the 8th and 9th inning and it was completely fine.

It was at the tail end of the 7th

MoreLemonPledge
05-21-2009, 02:28 PM
It was at the tail end of the 7th

Glad I missed it. Not something I want my kids to associate with the Royals.

Halfcan
05-21-2009, 02:32 PM

No problem I will pass the message along to their neighbor friend that works for me. That was sooo nice of you to watch their daughter during the beating-lots of wierdo's out there. It sure put their daughter in a very unsafe position-thanks for taking her under your wing.

Demonpenz
05-21-2009, 02:40 PM
That woman will not be winning any Mother Of The Year awards any time soon. Two people were taken into custody: James T. Mela & Ronika L. Brooks.

The best reaction to all of this was from the Kansas City Royals organization who said “it was an unfortunate incident and they wish it hadn’t happened.”

It’s nice to see that the Royals wish that people didn’t get into fights in the kids area at their games. Too many other baseball teams actively encourage this.

KChiefs1
05-21-2009, 02:51 PM

typical

LauraPhipps
05-27-2009, 11:42 AM
There's no way the fight went on for 10 mins. before security or police showed up....the bulk of police and security are in that very area.

It wouldn't even take me 10 mins. to get to that location from the View Level where I'm located once the call went out.

It DID!!! And that is what I am so upset about!! This is crazy not to protect our kids

Demonpenz
05-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Should have showed some tits. That would get attention fast

rtmike
05-27-2009, 02:18 PM
The color folk I know would have stepped in and stopped that beat down.

What a shame.

RippedmyFlesh
05-27-2009, 05:12 PM
I have gone to a few yankee games and never had any trouble.If you are a drunk asshole chances are you will run into another drunk ass wipe and your urge to fight will be satisfied.I actually like baseball and went to watch the games and never had anyone bother me or my family. And the food at yankee stadium while expensive is very good.
About 10 years ago I went to a game and a guy 3 seats away bought 3 beers from a vendor and hands him a $20.
He was waiting for change and the vendor was waiting for the $4 more the fan owed. Complaining about ball park food and drink prices is stupid though.You are there to have fun save up your pennies before you go instead of looking like a cheap yahoo idiot by complaining.

Coach
06-13-2009, 12:21 AM
http://deadspin.com/5264824/royals-fans-turn-childrens-playground-into-thunderdome

Two couples started an all-out brawl at a Kansas City Royals game on Sunday after a woman walked in front another woman as she was taking a picture, a breech of etiquette that clearly deserves a head stomping. If a few kids got hurt along the way, that's just business.

According to police, everyone was enjoying a lovely day in Kauffman Stadium's outfield fun zone until Ronika Brooks walked in front of Erin Mela as Mela was taking a picture of her kid. Mela allegedly swore at her (Brooks says Mela directed a racial slur at her) then Mela's husband got involved, then three men may have jumped him, then he may have spit in Brooks' face ... then some kids got knocked over, so their parents joined in, and then at one point Erin Mela was definitely on the ground getting kicked in the head. Let's play two!

It also seems that security was a bit lax on the response.

"It was horrible," said Mike Worley of Olathe, who said T-shirt-wearing stadium staff failed to stem the violence and told him to "mind my own business" when he tried to point out participants.

Royals officials said that their security office was notified of a disturbance in the new outfield experience area at 3:45 p.m. Two minutes later the call was updated to a fight in progress. The first police officers arrived at 3:49 p.m....

"It was beyond a brawl. It started out as four people, and then as kids were getting toppled, those parents came in, the women were fighting," Phipps said. "The saddest scene was a girl wrapped around mom's waist and saying, 'Please don't,' and she's throwing punches."

But you haven't even heard the worst part yet. No, the most horrific thing about this ugly terrible brawl is that adults were swearing in front of children. I just ... what is this planet coming to?

Officers arrived in time to see Brooks kicking Mela's wife and shouting expletives. Police asked Brooks to keep quiet because of all the children around, but she "would not calm down," according to a police report. Police removed her from the area while other officers "calmed the situation."

A boot to the head is one thing, but please watch your mouth in front of the young Royals fans. If their parents wanted them to learn that stuff, they would just sit in the bleachers.

BWillie
06-13-2009, 01:00 AM
So the most terrifying thing about it was that parents were swearing in front of children. Are you f*cking kidding me? The worst part wasn't when they were getting crazy drunk and committing violent assault on each other wasn't worse than saying the F-word? That is what I would be worried about, not the F word. Kids are going to learn what cussing is, you can't shelter it from them. But you can set a good example by not going ape shit on other soccer moms and/or maiming someones face.