PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs gretz: Chiefs Hire New COO

booger
05-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Chiefs Hire New COO
May 18, 2009 - Bob Gretz |

The Sports Business Journal Daily reported on Monday that the Chiefs have hired Mark Donovan to be their new Chief Operating Officer.

Donovan has spent the last six years with the PHiladelphia Eagles as Senior Vice-President of Business Operations, where he was reponsible for all revenue generating, marketing and branding activities. With the annoucement of Denny Thum as team president, Donovan would appear to be on the next step below and the person who will direct efforts in areas like sales, marketing, tickets and possibly public relations.

Before joining the Eagles, Donovan was the senior director of marketing and sales for the National Football League and he also worked as director of corporate sales and marketing for the National Hockety League.

A native of Pittsburgh, Brown graduated from Brown University, where he was team captain and quarterback of the fotoball team. He is married with two children.

An internal annoucement of Donovan’s departure was made late last week to some Eagles staffers, according to the SBJ Daily.

booger
05-18-2009, 02:49 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/FrontOfficeBio.asp?front_office_id=3

Mark Donovan
Senior VP/Business Operations

In his 10th year in the NFL and sixth season as the Senior Vice President of Business Operations, Mark Donovan is responsible for the business side of the team including all revenue generating, marketing, and branding activities.

Working closely on a daily basis with President, Joe Banner and CFO Don Smolenski to direct all non football operations, Mark leads the club's efforts in sponsorship sales and service, television and radio production, retail operations, event acquisition and ticket sales, new media strategy, premium sales and customer service, as well as community and public relations.

Prior to his role with the Eagles Donovan served as the senior director of marketing and sales for the National Football League. His "league" experience began at the National Hockey League, where he held the position of director of corporate sales and marketing.

Recognized as one of the most aggressive and successful business operations in sports, the Eagles have earned several awards under Donovan's direction. In 2007, Forbes Magazine calculated the brand value of the 122 professional sports teams by adding up revenues from sponsorships, naming rights, local media, tickets and merchandise and named the Philadelphia Eagles as the "fasting growing brand" in the NFL. According to Forbes, the Eagles brand grew 113 percent over the previous three years and is currently valued at $90 million. In addition, PhiladelphiaEagles.com has been selected the best overall web site among NFL teams three times, Eagles Television Network has won 32 prestigious sports Emmy Awards and 53 Telly Awards, the marketing department earned 11 Philadelphia ADDY awards for the "You Can't Script This Stuff" brand campaign. Donovan, himself, earned a prestigious national award in 2005 as a recipient of the Sports Business Journal's "Forty Under 40" awards, which honors the 40 most influential sports executives under the age of 40.

In addition to serving as the home of the Philadelphia Eagles, Lincoln Financial Field has quickly developed a reputation as a premier sports and entertainment facility. Mark has led the effort to acquire, negotiate, sell and manage events ranging from Bruce Springsteen concerts, Manchester United and Chelsea FC soccer matches, the annual Army/Navy Game, Temple Football and Women's World Cup Soccer.

In 2005 and 2006 the venue hosted the NCAA Lacrosse Championship over Memorial Day weekend. Through the efforts of the Eagles organization and the local organizing committee, the team shattered all previous ticket sales records, making it the largest-ticketed NCAA Championship event to date.

In 2007 and 2008 Lincoln Financial Field host the largest country music festival in the Delaware Valley when Kenny Chesney and friends appear. Primarily utilizing the Eagles database and season ticket waitlist, more than 50,000 tickets sold in record time.

Mark serves on the National Board of Directors of Pop Warner Football, The Police Athletic League of Philadelphia, The Philadelphia Sports Congress and the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce.

A native of Pittsburgh, Mark graduated from Brown University with a double major in political science and organizational behavior and management. He also played quarterback and was elected team captain of the Brown Football Team. Upon graduation he signed a free agent contract with the New York Giants. Mark and his wife, Kathleen, have a son, Luke, and a daughter, Maeve.

cmh6476
05-18-2009, 02:50 PM
hockety and fotoball.

please tell me you didnt cut and paste that

booger
05-18-2009, 02:51 PM
i did not type it all out, i swear

kc rush
05-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Chiefs Hire New COO
May 18, 2009 - Bob Gretz |

With the annoucement of Denny Thum as team president, Donovan would appear to be on the next step below and the person who will direct efforts in areas like sales, marketing, tickets and possibly public relations.

Hopefully this means the end of Rufus Dawes and the like.

booger
05-18-2009, 02:57 PM

i think a public exacution would be proper.

tomahawk kid
05-18-2009, 02:57 PM

And a revamp of that embarassing website......

Hammock Parties
05-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Carl wasn't available?

booger
05-18-2009, 03:00 PM
he's married you gay bastard

HemiEd
05-18-2009, 03:21 PM
The Eagles have a very fine cheer leading squad (hot), and their website is excellent. Two areas this guy can immediately improve, yes.

Mr. Krab
05-18-2009, 03:45 PM
he's married you gay bastard
WTF?

HemiEd
05-18-2009, 03:47 PM
WTF?

Re-read the exchange slowly. It isn't really that tuff.

Simply Red
05-18-2009, 03:47 PM
print 'em.

-boog out

booger
05-18-2009, 04:11 PM
WTF?

clay wants to give carl p the one eye'd wendler

hope that helps

Hoover
05-18-2009, 04:13 PM
I think this is another great move. While as a fan all I give a shit about is the product on the field, this stuff is critical if you want to raise a dead franchise. We are on our way.

ChiefsCountry
09-24-2009, 03:38 PM
This is an excellent move by the Chiefs. Best offseason Clark Hunt hire made. Chiefs got a good one, lots of the stuff being done at Arrowhead on the marketing side you can tell have came from the Eagles. The Eagles have the best front office in football. Sorry for bumping this but I went on vacation from the Planet while this happened.

Titty Meat
09-24-2009, 03:40 PM
This is an excellent move by the Chiefs. Best offseason Clark Hunt hire made. Chiefs got a good one, lots of the stuff being done at Arrowhead on the marketing side you can tell have came from the Eagles. The Eagles have the best front office in football. Sorry for bumping this but I went on vacation from the Planet while this happened.

How so? The only marketing I saw from the Chiefs was that annoying coutry music song.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2009, 03:43 PM
God damn these bumps fuck with my head! It's like a fuckin' acid-trip.

ChiefsCountry
09-24-2009, 03:45 PM
How so? The only marketing I saw from the Chiefs was that annoying coutry music song.

Thats advertising, its different from marketing.

Some of the things that have changed - the website, different stadium signage that is set up, videos at Arrowhead and some other stuff that is not really visable unless you know what you are looking for are very simialr to Philadelphia. They are the blueprint in NFL marketing, did a research paper on them for a thesis.

Dante84
09-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Thats advertising, its different from marketing.

Some of the things that have changed - the website, different stadium signage that is set up, videos at Arrowhead and some other stuff that is not really visable unless you know what you are looking for are very simialr to Philadelphia. They are the blueprint in NFL marketing, did a research paper on them for a thesis.

I could be wrong, but Trace Adkin's "deal" was signed under Carl. So we have him to thank for this shit.

From the 50, you can go fuck yourself.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2009, 03:56 PM
I could be wrong, but Trace Adkin's "deal" was signed under Carl. So we have him to thank for this shit.

ROFL I can't stand that shit.

Dante84
09-24-2009, 04:10 PM
I mean, seriously, who the fuck wrote that? What does it mean?

From the 50, anything is possible.

Well, no fuck. From the 8, anything is possible. From anywhere, anything is possible. What the hell does that mean? I get that we are in our 50th year. That's the best sentence they could come up with to celebrate that fact? And not only say it once, slather it all over every promotion we have all offseason and during the regular season? And to have some C-list yokel say it in his bumfuck country twang-slang because it sounds "good?"

We are talking about the lyrical genius who penned such ballads as "honkey-tonk ba-dunk-a-dunk" and "Swing." Truly the voice of our generation, and definitely hits all demographics that the Chiefs were trying to reach. Fuckin' ass clown.

I mean, what the FUCK?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2009, 04:15 PM
I mean, seriously, who the fuck wrote that? What does it mean?

From the 50, anything is possible.

Well, no fuck. From the 8, anything is possible. From anywhere, anything is possible. What the hell does that mean? I get that we are in our 50th year. That's the best sentence they could come up with to celebrate that fact? And not only say it once, slather it all over every promotion we have all offseason and during the regular season? And to have some C-list yokel say it in his bumfuck country twang-slang because it sounds "good?"

We are talking about the lyrical genius who penned such ballads as "honkey-tonk ba-dunk-a-dunk" and "Swing." Truly the voice of our generation, and definitely hits all demographics that the Chiefs were trying to reach. Fuckin' ass clown.

I mean, what the FUCK?

LMAO

From the prison shower, anything is possible!

BigChiefFan
09-24-2009, 05:04 PM
From the 50, means 50 YEARS of the franchise and obviously the 50 yard line reference. It's a play on words, but it mainly represents the HISTORY of the franchise.

BTW, good hire.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2009, 05:06 PM
From the 50, means 50 YEARS of the franchise and obviously the 50 yard line reference. It's a play on words, but it mainly represents the HISTORY of the franchise.

:doh!::spock: You don't say?

Dante84
09-24-2009, 05:08 PM

BTW, good hire.

No shit. Did my post not illustrate my knowledge of that fact?

I'm not a Are-tard.

Dante84
09-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Oh, and way to put "years" and "history" in all caps. It really drove home TEH point.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Oh, and way to put "years" and "history" in all caps. It really drove home TEH point.

LMAO

DaFace
09-24-2009, 05:17 PM
If he's responsible for the culture change evident through the new web site, Josh Looney, etc., then I'm a fan.

MahiMike
09-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Good timing. Can he give some insight into the gameplan this week?

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 05:38 PM

Do you have a problem with people using caps to illustrate SUBTLE emphasis, as opposed to say, italics or bold?

Personlly, I find them QUITE inconvenient since they require the use of BBcode and using all caps ONLY requires the use of the shift key.

Lzen
09-24-2009, 05:58 PM

No shit. Did my post not illustrate my knowledge of that fact?

I'm not a Are-tard.

Apparently, you must be a tard because you missed the part where he said that advertising an marketing are different things.