PDA

View Full Version : Music Rockfest 2009

KCChiefsMan
05-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Anyone going? My friend just surprised me with backstage passes baby! He's an artist that makes t-shirts with rockstars tatoos, so thats how he got them I guess. I've never been to rockfest and I've never been backstage at any concert so I'm pretty excited!

Lzen
05-20-2009, 08:02 AM
Rockfest is fun. Last I went was about 2-3 years ago. Staind, Shinedown, Trapt, Buck Cherry were some of the acts that I remember. I'm not going this year as the lineup was not that great, IMO.

Saulbadguy
05-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Make sure to load up your camero with busch light, it's gonna be a long day.

luv
05-20-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm going to see Korn the night before Rockfest. Not sure what I'm getting myself into.

MoreLemonPledge
05-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Make sure to load up your camero with busch light, it's gonna be a long day.

And hot. Jorts and a sleeveless t-shirt would be a smart choice. In fact, just try this:

http://www.scalpem.com/images/GatorFans.jpg

KCrockaholic
05-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Wish i could go this year :( havent been since i moved to colorado. we dont get shit for concert's in colorado.

Pablo
05-20-2009, 01:02 PM
And hot. Jorts and a sleeveless t-shirt would be a smart choice. In fact, just try this:

http://www.scalpem.com/images/GatorFans.jpgTim Tebow is a well known proponent of jorts.

KCChiefsMan
05-20-2009, 03:09 PM
I think you guys are confusing Rockfest with a nascar race. I don't really know what to expect besides rock music and a ton of people.

luv
05-20-2009, 03:12 PM
I think you guys are confusing Rockfest with a nascar race. I don't really know what to expect besides rock music and a ton of people.

I've been told people with tattoos and piercings in weird places, and to stay away from the pits.

KCChiefsMan
05-20-2009, 03:14 PM
I've been told people with tattoos and piercings in weird places, and to stay away from the pits.

ya, the only time I saw a mosh pit in my life was at an Alice in Chains unplugged show. It was stupid. I haven't been to many concerts obviously, but I will steer clear of any mosh pits.

MoreLemonPledge
05-20-2009, 03:14 PM

To an extent, but I'm sure that those crowds overlap more than you think.

Demonpenz
05-20-2009, 03:18 PM

It's fucking trash dude. it is 70,000 most of which are just there to guzzle 5 dollar miller light, believe me there will be white trash pissing litterally all over. I saw people fingering girls just white trash all over the place the last 3 years. It is an excuse for white trash to wake up and drink all day. there are some hot girls mixed in, but just think of what like decent people that dress decently listen too, pop, hip hop, country, maybe artsy college shit. This nu-metal shit brings out every fucking dishwasher from perkins, denny's, and every nascar dude and white trash people from the 4 state area.

KCChiefsMan
05-20-2009, 03:28 PM
It's ****ing trash dude. it is 70,000 most of which are just there to guzzle 5 dollar miller light, believe me there will be white trash pissing litterally all over. I saw people fingering girls just white trash all over the place the last 3 years. It is an excuse for white trash to wake up and drink all day. there are some hot girls mixed in, but just think of what like decent people that dress decently listen too, pop, hip hop, country, maybe artsy college shit. This nu-metal shit brings out every ****ing dishwasher from perkins, denny's, and every nascar dude and white trash people from the 4 state area.

oh, maybe I will just stay backstage the whole time then, lol.

Mecca
05-20-2009, 04:01 PM
All I know is if it rains I ain't goin.

Nightwish
05-20-2009, 04:33 PM
It's ****ing trash dude. it is 70,000 most of which are just there to guzzle 5 dollar miller light, believe me there will be white trash pissing litterally all over. I saw people fingering girls just white trash all over the place the last 3 years. It is an excuse for white trash to wake up and drink all day. there are some hot girls mixed in, but just think of what like decent people that dress decently listen too, pop, hip hop, country, maybe artsy college shit. This nu-metal shit brings out every ****ing dishwasher from perkins, denny's, and every nascar dude and white trash people from the 4 state area.
Dude, I've seen plenty of white trash at pop and country shows, too. Of those other styles you mentioned, the only one where you won't see a lot of white trash is hip hop - and you'll still see plenty of trash there, it just isn't white.

58kcfan89
05-20-2009, 04:34 PM
I wanted to go for Shinedown, but they're playing in Wichita on the 27th, so I'm going to that instead. I wanted to go last year for Shinedown, Seether & STP and whoever else, but couldn't make it. This year's lineup isn't nearly as good. It's not worth me spending all the money for tickets, gas & 3 hours driving each way just to watch the one band I want to see.

KCChiefsMan
05-20-2009, 04:40 PM
I wanted to go for Shinedown, but they're playing in Wichita on the 27th, so I'm going to that instead. I wanted to go last year for Shinedown, Seether & STP and whoever else, but couldn't make it. This year's lineup isn't nearly as good. It's not worth me spending all the money for tickets, gas & 3 hours driving each way just to watch the one band I want to see.

the guy from shinedown wears my roommates t-shirt, or vest while playing. Zack Myers

my friend made the design for the vest in that picture

http://www.tatcodesign.com/

BWillie
05-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Wish I could go to this, it's all sold out and I just found out f*cking Disturbed was going to play. I don't like them as much as I used to, but I'd still like to see them and Korn. To be honest with you, I've been to a few other concerts that were much worse in terms of white trash. They were free concerts though. You have to have money to go to Rockfest. That probably helps a little bit. Last time I was there thought there was a guy eating out this nasty chick in 100 degree heat. That had to of been tasty.

Pablo
05-20-2009, 04:51 PM
My buddy got a handjob in the port-o-potty from this 40 year old Mexican chick last summer.

Get ready for heat, lots of drunk dumbasses, and lots of shitty music.

The Franchise
05-20-2009, 05:38 PM
http://www.scalpem.com/images/GatorFans.jpg

DAKCManAP and his brother.

58kcfan89
05-20-2009, 05:47 PM
the guy from shinedown wears my roommates t-shirt, or vest while playing. Zack Myers

my friend made the design for the vest in that picture

http://www.tatcodesign.com/

Damn, that's awesome, I'm a huge Shinedown fan and am pretty sure I've seen Zach wear that vest at one of the concerts I've been to.

Nightwish
05-21-2009, 01:10 AM
All in all, it looks like a pretty crappy lineup:

Korn - I'd be marginally interested in seeing them, but only marginally
Buckcherry - not at all interested
Shinedown - not at all interested
Corey Taylor & the Junk Beer Kidnap Band - might be kinda cool
Theory of a Deadman - marginally interested
Saving Abel - not at all interested
Rev Theory - never heard of them
Drowning Pool - might be okay, but would've been better in the old days
Loaded - Duff has gone pretty much nowhere since GnR
Dope - not at all interested
The Parlor Mob - never heard of them
The Veer Union - never heard of them
Burning Halo - never heard of them
Crooked X - never heard of them
Federation of Horsepower - never heard of them

Did someone mention Disturbed? There's no mention of them on the official website. They would be about the only band I would pay money to go see, except maybe Corey Taylor, but even he's not half as interesting outside of Slipknot.

Mecca
05-21-2009, 05:12 AM
If you've really never heard of any of those bands, I question if you live under a rock.

Lzen
05-21-2009, 07:47 AM
oh, maybe I will just stay backstage the whole time then, lol.

Just a hunch, but I think demon was trying to be funny.

Demonpenz
05-21-2009, 07:51 AM
Just a hunch, but I think demon was trying to be funny.

sadly, i am not it is the single largest gathering of trash peoplewise and like real actual trash like you can go 2 inches without stepping on urine,cardboard, or miller light cups.

Demonpenz
05-21-2009, 07:51 AM
hell a couple years ago they started throwing the trash in the air waiting for..wait for it.....hinder

Lzen
05-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Did someone mention Disturbed? There's no mention of them on the official website. They would be about the only band I would pay money to go see, except maybe Corey Taylor, but even he's not half as interesting outside of Slipknot.

My brother had asked me a few weeks ago if I wanted a ticket. They were sold out but he had access to some through his work. I had told him that I think I decided I wasn't going this year cause the lineup didn't impress me much. We were talking about this after softball practice and one of his buddies was saying Disturbed and Tool were gonna be there. I was like WTF? If that is true, I am there. But of course I looked at the lineup on the internet and no mention of those bands. People must just be spreading stupid rumors like that. :rolleyes:

Lzen
05-21-2009, 07:55 AM
hell a couple years ago they started throwing the trash in the air waiting for..wait for it.....hinder

The last time I went (about 3 years ago) I had a good time. I thought Staind was amazing. They even played several songs from their first album (which was, IMO, their best stuff). The place looked like a warzone afterward, but what do you expect.

I didn't see a lot of the stuff you guys mentioned. Only thing I saw was some guys right out in the middle smoking chronic. I was thinking "that's kind of brave". Or maybe it was stupid?

KCChiefsMan
05-21-2009, 11:04 AM
sadly, i am not it is the single largest gathering of trash peoplewise and like real actual trash like you can go 2 inches without stepping on urine,cardboard, or miller light cups.

hmm, I get really high anxiety when I'm shopping at walmart due to all the trash. Hmmm...

Demonpenz
05-21-2009, 11:08 AM
i will try to post my pics when i get home

Nightwish
05-21-2009, 12:56 PM
If you've really never heard of any of those bands, I question if you live under a rock.
I don't listen to much radio anymore, except Sirius. Mostly, the quality of music being made has sharply declined since the 90s, so I don't go out of my way to pay attention to much of the new stuff coming out, at least not the new stuff coming out of the US.

Mecca
05-27-2009, 02:01 AM
I wonder if all of the trash will bow to me and my superior hair and metal look.

PunkinDrublic
05-27-2009, 03:42 PM
I want to go to Rocklahoma. I'd love to nail some white trash milf who used to be able to get back stage in 87.

Arsonist
05-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Wish i could go this year :( havent been since i moved to colorado. we dont get shit for concert's in colorado.

Tool's gonna be in Denver soon!

Pablo
05-27-2009, 04:39 PM
If you've really never heard of any of those bands, I question if you live under a rock.The bands he's never heard of suck major cock anyways.

This year's line-up is absolute shit. You couldn't give me $50 to stand down there in the heat with a bunch of stupid fucks, listening to shitty music.

KCChiefsMan
05-30-2009, 08:58 PM
well just got back, left after buckcherry. I didn't want to fuck with that traffic so I skipped Korn. But that was a pretty damn cool experience. We were on the mainstage watching it on those platforms at the side of it. Didn't have to mess with the crowd, I was standing right next to Ron Jeremy, lol. Hung out in the tour bus with Saving Able for a bit. Pretty cool, never got to see a concert from that perspective before.

luv
05-30-2009, 09:00 PM
well just got back, left after buckcherry. I didn't want to **** with that traffic so I skipped Korn. But that was a pretty damn cool experience. We were on the mainstage watching it on those platforms at the side of it. Didn't have to mess with the crowd, I was standing right next to Ron Jeremy, lol. Hung out in the tour bus with Saving Able for a bit. Pretty cool, never got to see a concert from that perspective before.

Saw Korn last night. THey put on a good show. THey did an awesome cover of The Wall.

KCChiefsMan
05-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Saw Korn last night. THey put on a good show. THey did an awesome cover of The Wall.

I would have liked to have seen them, especially from 20 feet away, but I really didn't want to fuck with that traffic. There had to be at least 70,000 people there.

KcMizzou
05-30-2009, 09:11 PM
I wish I'd been able to go. My brother is there, and offered me a ticket, but I have my boys this weekend, and one's sick.

Sounds like a hell of a party. 50,000 people? Wow... not bad for a radio station event.

KCChiefsMan
05-30-2009, 09:14 PM
I wish I'd been able to go. My brother is there, and offered me a ticket, but I have my boys this weekend, and one's sick.

Sounds like a hell of a party. 50,000 people? Wow... not bad for a radio station event.

I dont think I would have a very good time if I had to be in that crowd and in the sun the whole time.

Molitoth
06-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Rockfest continues to book shitty bands. I should've went to throw shit at Buckcherry.

Kyle DeLexus
06-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Dope, Shinedown, and Korn made it worth it for me. Buckcherry blew, but it was worth sitter there for them when we made it up to the front for Korn. I didn't get close for Shinedown at all because we had front row for Dope that was pretty disappointing since I'm a huge Shinedown fan.

Kyle DeLexus
06-01-2009, 01:58 PM

Thats one of the best covers of all time IMO. Love how they use it to close shows. I was actually disappointed they didn't open with Blind though.

Micjones
06-01-2009, 02:27 PM
I know the KCPD made a killing handing out parking tickets.
I saw them out in full form about 3 blocks away from my apartment on Broadway.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-02-2009, 08:27 AM
no titty pics?

I shared when I went last year....

Molitoth
06-03-2009, 08:04 AM
I know the KCPD made a killing handing out parking tickets.
I saw them out in full form about 3 blocks away from my apartment on Broadway.

I just got back from DC for the first time, you should see the towing services just hauling cars away from the National Mall area.... you can't go 3 minutes without seeing a tow truck full of cars.

BWillie
06-03-2009, 08:15 AM
I thought Disturbed was supposed to be there this year. What happened to that

KCChiefsMan
06-12-2009, 02:25 AM
well I took the pics from my cameraphone onto my comp. They are pretty low quality...hence the cameraphone. But it shows where we got to watch the show, it was great!

KCChiefsMan
06-12-2009, 02:26 AM
I guess I should upload the pics, lol. I took pics when Shinedown and Theory of a Deadman was playing

mikeyis4dcats.
06-12-2009, 02:30 PM
no titty pics? you guys suck.

KCChiefsMan
06-12-2009, 03:14 PM
no titty pics? you guys suck.

you don't want to see the titties from most of the girls showing them that I saw.