PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Linebackers

Coach
05-21-2009, 06:12 AM
The poll question pretty sums it up....

Vote, and give us your assessments.

EyePod
05-21-2009, 06:17 AM
You're right. I really appreciate your poll that sums up everything (am I the only one who doesn't see a poll?).

Coach
05-21-2009, 06:20 AM
You're right. I really appreciate your poll that sums up everything (am I the only one who doesn't see a poll?).

It takes awhile to create a poll. Basically, the post happens, but the user still has to create the poll.

Slainte
05-21-2009, 06:22 AM
Robert Bell.

Coach
05-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Jeez, not much of a contest as I would had hoped.....

MOhillbilly
05-21-2009, 07:28 AM
Lanier is more of a myth to me having never seen him play so i went with thomas. Though i still say if it werent for Smith, thomas wouldnt of had the numbers he did.

raybec 4
05-21-2009, 07:33 AM
I must have something wrong with my computer as I am not seeing the Rich Scanlon option in the poll.

Sure-Oz
05-21-2009, 07:35 AM
I want to see Rich Scanlon on Pros vs Joes

Rain Man
05-21-2009, 07:37 AM
My gut reaction was Willie Lanier. The guy was pure violence, but with smarts.

However, thinking about it more, I voted for Bobby Bell. He was enough older that I barely saw him play, but he went into the Hall of Fame pretty quickly if I remember right, was apparently an amazing athlete, and did everything for the Chiefs - run, pass, even long snap. I've read that he could even be their emergency quarterback.

Of course, comparing Lanier and Bell is like asking whether Everest or K2 is a bigger mountain.

I adore Derrick Thomas too, but Lanier and Bell are legendary and played on a defense that now has four Hall of Famers and possibly five if Johnny Robinson ever gets in. Maybe that helps their cause, I don't know.

My theory was that Bell wouldn't get a lot of votes, but he and Lanier would split votes and the younger voters would carry DT to victory. So far, I'm wrong.

Coach
05-21-2009, 07:41 AM
I must have something wrong with my computer as I am not seeing the Rich Scanlon option in the poll.

Rich Motherfucking Scanlon is irrevelent.

Coach
05-21-2009, 07:44 AM
My gut reaction was Willie Lanier. The guy was pure violence, but with smarts.

However, thinking about it more, I voted for Bobby Bell. He was enough older that I barely saw him play, but he went into the Hall of Fame pretty quickly if I remember right, was apparently an amazing athlete, and did everything for the Chiefs - run, pass, even long snap. I've read that he could even be their emergency quarterback.

Of course, comparing Lanier and Bell is like asking whether Everest or K2 is a bigger mountain.

I adore Derrick Thomas too, but Lanier and Bell are legendary and played on a defense that now has four Hall of Famers and possibly five if Johnny Robinson ever gets in. Maybe that helps their cause, I don't know.

My theory was that Bell wouldn't get a lot of votes, but he and Lanier would split votes and the younger voters would carry DT to victory. So far, I'm wrong.

But the thing is, I have always have a soft heart for the guys who don't receive the recongition that they deserve so. I mean, Lynch was a fine linebcker. He could stop the run and cover the pass as well as anybody could. His problem was that he was more often overshadowed by fellow linebackers Willie Lanier and Bobby Bell.

Holub was as good as advertised, just a shame his knees couldn't hold up long enough for him to sustain a longer career. But he was a tough tough tough sonofabitch

TrebMaxx
05-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Willie Lanier all the way. DT is a close second.

Scorp
05-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Rich Mother****ing Scanlon is irrevelent.

May god have mercy on your soul.......because Scanimal won't!

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/16/richscanlon.jpg

whoman69
05-21-2009, 08:07 AM
Lanier had some great players around him, yet he was the best out there. Bell for as great as he was, the first outside lineback voted into the hall, was a better athlete. Nobody had the drive and determination of Lanier. He had 27 interceptions, which is a ridiculous number for a linebacker. The only players that I've seen at MLB that can even approach him were Lambert and Lewis.

ModSocks
05-21-2009, 08:22 AM
Howcome there is no kendrel bell option?
Posted via Mobile Device

Coach
05-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Howcome there is no kendrel bell option?
Posted via Mobile Device

Because this is a serious discussion, and Cuntrell Bell isn't even worthy of being in the discussion!

talastan
05-21-2009, 08:45 AM
I voted for DT as well since I never got to see Bell or Lanier. I would like to does it make any difference with a coverage LB vs. a pure pass rushing LB? Just curious as to who would you prefer? :hmmm:

Coach
05-21-2009, 08:46 AM
I voted for DT as well since I never got to see Bell or Lanier. I would like to does it make any difference with a coverage LB vs. a pure pass rushing LB? Just curious as to who would you prefer? :hmmm:

That's the reason why I created this poll in order for the people who voted, to explain out their reasonsings for their vote, so on, so on, so on.

InChiefsHeaven
05-21-2009, 08:52 AM
What?? NO BOOMER GRIGSBY OPTION??? Epic fail...

HemiEd
05-21-2009, 09:06 AM
I put down Bobby Bell, but to be honest, it may be Willie Lanier, they were both awesome lbers.

I know DT was listed as a LB, and that was his official position, but he was more of DE to me.
He is by a wide margin, the best pass rusher, and game changer, the Chiefs have ever had, IMO.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-21-2009, 09:17 AM
BB all day, every day.

cdcox
05-21-2009, 09:18 AM
I went with Willie Lanier. He made plays all over the field and was a complete linebacker. Very sure tackler and strong pass defender. Think of Donnie Edwards with a violent streak and the ability to drop a ball carrier in his tracks. I don't remember Bobby Bell as well, so I might have gone with him had I seen more.

bulldogg
05-21-2009, 09:34 AM
Where's the love for Maslowski? What about Demario?

The "hot wife of a linebacker" category definitely goes to Beisel:D

InChiefsHeaven
05-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Where's the love for Maslowski? What about Demario?

The "hot wife of a linebacker" category definitely goes to Beisel:D

This post is worthless without...

ROYC75
05-21-2009, 11:36 AM
I went with Willie Lanier. He made plays all over the field and was a complete linebacker. Very sure tackler and strong pass defender. Think of Donnie Edwards with a violent streak and the ability to drop a ball carrier in his tracks.

This ! John Lynch was a very good MLB in college, he never saw MLB again, except for practice as a backup or fill in for Lanier being injured, which if I recall right was for only 2 games.

Bell 2nd .

Loved DT, but he was a DE more than a LB. His overall coverage was average.

crazycoffey
05-21-2009, 12:18 PM
I voted DT, mostly not seeing all of the others play as much as I've seen DT play. He changed the probable outcome of a team game by himself. He did everthing he was asked to do, rush was what he was asked of the most, but he tackled runners for losses, intercepted passes, etc.