PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Who is using an antenna to get local channels?

Stewie
05-21-2009, 10:50 AM
I just bought a high-gain antenna to pick up local channels. It will arrive next week. I have a low-gain omnidirectional antenna that has problems picking up weaker signals which is their "weak" point, so to speak. The picture with my existing antenna is pristine for the strong signals. The HD is as good/better than Time Warner since there is no compression at all. I'm not sure of the compression TW uses, but I know DirecTV and DISH compress like crazy.

I'm just curious who else is picking up DTV via an antenna and your results.

blaise
05-21-2009, 12:11 PM
I am. Some junky Radio Shack antenna. It works very well.

Stewie
05-21-2009, 12:16 PM
I am. Some junky Radio Shack antenna. It works very well.

That's funny. My present antenna is a RS antenna. They work well in certain circumstances, not in mine. They have too much noise and not enough gain compared to other choices.

blaise
05-21-2009, 12:18 PM
That's funny. My present antenna is a RS antenna. They work well in certain circumstances, not in mine. They have too much noise and not enough gain compared to other choices.

Now that I think about it, we have one upstairs and down. The one upstairs is away from the window and it won't "capture" the channel quite often. The one downstairs is right by a big window and it works much better.