PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Do you have neighbors that seem to mow their lawn everyday?

Jenson71
05-21-2009, 04:02 PM
What is wrong with these people, these neighbors of mine? Does the inside of their house smell bad? Is it the activity and exercise? Is it the neatness of even grass sizes that lures them to do such work? I don't understand it.

JuicesFlowing
05-21-2009, 04:04 PM
What is wrong with these people, these neighbors of mine? Does the inside of their house smell bad? Is it the activity and exercise? Is it the neatness of even grass sizes that lures them to do such work? I don't understand it.

At least they don't pay other people to mow it. Kudos to them for not being lazy, eh?

Scorp
05-21-2009, 04:04 PM
I have become that neighbor. I love to mow at least 3 times a week, just to piss everyone else off in the neighborhood. Lately I have been mowing patterns in the yard. :)

Redrum_69
05-21-2009, 04:08 PM
I take you arent a fan of the brazilian..and youd rather have the muff of the 1970's era..

Redrum_69
05-21-2009, 04:09 PM
the next hot day they are outside doing yardwork...be the friendly neighbor and offer them a tall cold glass of antifreeze

Bugeater
05-21-2009, 04:12 PM
My mom has a neighbor that does it, her yard is her life.

CoMoChief
05-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Yes and the people that do it are usually retired and their lawns are in perfect shape.

Usually all have sprinkler systems too.

Fairplay
05-21-2009, 04:16 PM
I have become that neighbor. I love to mow at least 3 times a week, just to piss everyone else off in the neighborhood. Lately I have been mowing patterns in the yard. :)

Me also.

I think i have one of the best lawns on the block.

My neighbors think so as well.

BWillie
05-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Yeah I don't understand how people have that much time on their hands. I mow my yard on the weekend. On Saturday or Sunday during the day. My neighbor's lawn, while in pristine condition, is mowed and fertilized beyond belief.

I remember when I was growing up my dad used to just do average lawn maintenance like your normal homeowner, and our yard was always perfect. Our neighbor mowed 3 times a week, aerated his lawn all the time, had this expensive fertilizer and tools and chemicals and his yard got ate up by grubs and ours didn't. Boy was he poed.

Fairplay
05-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Interestingly, that brings up a story. I have a decent size evergreen tree in my yard. It blocks my next door neighbors view backing out onto the street he said. Plus his ol'lady put him up to it. They would like it down. So he offered to cut it down , grind out the stump and replant with grass and water it also. They really good neighbors anyway.

So i agreed to it.

Can't beat the price i thought.

Stewie
05-21-2009, 04:26 PM
My neighbor is mowing or fertilizing ad nauseum. I'm glad he's downhill from me for fear of poisoning my garden.

jiveturkey
05-21-2009, 04:29 PM
I mow twice a week and fertilize 4 times a year using the Scott's stuff.

I have a great looking yard but my neighbor outsourced her's and it looks amazing... BITCH!

Redrum_69
05-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Heres a surefire way to impress the neighbors.

Plant dandelions all over your yard and maybe some thistles.

Saccopoo
05-21-2009, 04:30 PM
I take you arent a fan of the brazilian..and youd rather have the muff of the 1970's era..

I want to know she's all woman. I'm not into this waxing bullshit so we can look like 13 year olds and have ancient Grecian psudeo-neo-pedophilian tendencies. If I wanted to do that, I'd just invent a time machine and go back to eighth grade so I can make out ********* ***** at my Halloween party. If I'm pulling out the weed wacker, there better be some lawn to mow.

Saccopoo
05-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Heres a surefire way to impress the neighbors.

Plant dandelions all over your yard and maybe some thistles.

You mean you actually would go to the effort to plant dandelions? I thought that they sprung up overnight by the millions via osmosis?

Buehler445
05-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Yes. She's like 900 and doesn't have shit else to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

Redrum_69
05-21-2009, 04:34 PM
You mean you actually would go to the effort to plant dandelions? I thought that they sprung up overnight by the millions via osmosis?

Depends on if you take care of your yard or not.

Also...another thing that works is a few big bags of wild bird seed spread all over his neighbors yard at night...He'll wonder why the hell all the birds are in his yard..

Fairplay
05-21-2009, 04:35 PM
I mow twice a week and fertilize 4 times a year using the Scott's stuff.

I have a great looking yard but my neighbor outsourced her's and it looks amazing... BITCH!

I use to do it all myself also. I decided to have a lawn company do the fertilzing because it cost me just as much or me to buy all the fertilizer and weed killer anyway.

Plus if weeds start growing you can call them up and they will re-spray it all again for free.

KCChiefsMan
05-21-2009, 04:36 PM
when I lived in Massachusetts, we lived in a rural small town a couple hours north of Boston. We lived in a woodsy neighborhood. Well those neighbors we had were about 70 years old. All they did all day long, every single day was work on their yard. I bounced my basketball a couple times about 4 or 5 feet into their lawn and stepped on their precious grass to retrieve it. They would see it each time because they were constantly looking out their window or noticed the 3 footsteps on their grass and would come over and bitch about it, demand money to replace their grass because my 90lb 7 year old body with size 6 shoes completely ruined that part of their lawn.

After that neighborhood, my mom swore to never have neighbors within 100 yards of her house again. Thats when we moved to Kansas, she bought out the land next to ours once she heard that someone was going to buy it and build a house there.

38yrsfan
05-21-2009, 04:50 PM
This why I live out of town ...... talk about a waste of time and money. I prefer wildlife on my acreage rather than a yard maintence crew. My boys love my attitude as it means less wasted time at a repetitive, wasteful task, maintaining something for eye appeal only. IMO.

Saccopoo
05-21-2009, 04:55 PM
And talk about the drain on natural resources...water that crap all day, dump fertilizer into it, pesticides, run that smoking, polluting two-cycle machine three times a week to cut it, the gas, the oil, the plastic castoffs from the weed wacker. All going into your environment. When your drinking water tastes like Scott Turfbuilder and the gas and oil runoff has killed off all the plankton in the sea and you have no fucking oxygen to breath and your kids are killing each other for the last drop of potable water on the planet then you can look back in fondness for that nice green patch of weed in front of your house that you never laid down into to take advantage of all that hard "work."

Delano
05-21-2009, 04:57 PM
And talk about the drain on natural resources...water that crap all day, dump fertilizer into it, pesticides, run that smoking, polluting two-cycle machine three times a week to cut it, the gas, the oil, the plastic castoffs from the weed wacker. All going into your environment. When your drinking water tastes like Scott Turfbuilder and the gas and oil runoff has killed off all the plankton in the sea and you have no fucking oxygen to breath and your kids are killing each other for the last drop of potable water on the planet then you can look back in fondness for that nice green patch of weed in front of your house that you never laid down into to take advantage of all that hard "work."

This is fucking money.

Plant buffalo grass folks.

bogey
05-21-2009, 04:58 PM
At least they don't pay other people to mow it. Kudos to them for not being lazy, eh?

Illegals have to make a living too.

L.A. Chieffan
05-21-2009, 05:00 PM

que problema con eso?

Bwana
05-21-2009, 05:17 PM
It beats the hell out of having a neighbor who never mows their lawn. Be happy you don't have that neighbor. I don't right now, but when the meth monkey's were living in back of us, (in a rental) they never mowed the law. I'm surprised the hippy bastards didn't have a goat back there.

Miles
05-21-2009, 05:32 PM
It beats the hell out of having a neighbor who never mows their lawn. Be happy you don't have that neighbor. I don't right now, but when the meth monkey's were living in back of us, (in a rental) they never mowed the law. I'm surprised the hippy bastards didn't have a goat back there.

Bet that made for an insect breeding ground.

Bwana
05-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Bet that made for and insect breeding ground.

Among other things.

Fairplay
05-21-2009, 06:07 PM
I have a neighbor that built a little pond, with a bridge over it. It looks cool.

Now i have to hear frogs croaking at night.

Jenson71
05-21-2009, 06:18 PM
When I grow up, half of my backyard is going to be a jungle with monkeys and exotic birds, and the other half is going to be a savannah with lions and rhinos. I'm also going to have a pond with whales and dolphins and sharks. Never mow.

bevischief
05-21-2009, 06:19 PM

I am coming for dinner...

Buzzsaw
05-21-2009, 06:20 PM
And talk about the drain on natural resources...water that crap all day, dump fertilizer into it, pesticides, run that smoking, polluting two-cycle machine three times a week to cut it, the gas, the oil, the plastic castoffs from the weed wacker. All going into your environment. When your drinking water tastes like Scott Turfbuilder and the gas and oil runoff has killed off all the plankton in the sea and you have no ****ing oxygen to breath and your kids are killing each other for the last drop of potable water on the planet then you can look back in fondness for that nice green patch of weed in front of your house that you never laid down into to take advantage of all that hard "work."

I agree. But a lot of people are switching to organic lawn care. Your lawn looks just as good, if not better, and it's cheaper too. I fertilize on the major holidays (Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day) with grains. I buy either cracked corn, alfalfa mean or soybean meal (whatever's least expensive). The protein breaks down and feeds and improves the soil rather than the feeding the grass.

There's also two cultural practices that help - mowing with your mower's highest setting will allow the grass to have deeper roots, which means you can water less. The taller lawn blades shade out weed seeds so they don't germinate, so you get a double benefit.

And watering once a week is really the way to go (one inch, use a empty tuna can to measure), it'll force the roots to grow deeper searching for water. This also means your turf isn't constantly moist, which again, prevents weed seeds from germinating. I haven't put any weed killer down on my 4 year old lawn and there's no weeds at all. And my dogs like to munch on the lawn, so it's cool to not have to worry about them getting sick or being exposed to possible cancer causing chemicals.

Bwana
05-21-2009, 06:21 PM
I am coming for dinner...

Bring the beer and no swill!

jidar
05-21-2009, 06:23 PM
I pay someone to mow my lawn and I'm cheap so I make sure they don't mow it until it's at least ankle high. fuck the neighbors and their lawn obsession, they can kiss my fucking ass.

KCChiefsMan
05-21-2009, 06:34 PM
I pay someone to mow my lawn and I'm cheap so I make sure they don't mow it until it's at least ankle high. **** the neighbors and their lawn obsession, they can kiss my ****ing ass.

fo realz

cdcox
05-21-2009, 07:17 PM
I mow when it visibly needs it, if it is on the weekend, if the weather permits, if I'm not too busy, and if I feel like it. Not really a priority for me.

Jilly
05-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Yes and I want to kill these people mainly because I can't get my child to sleep while they are mowing at nine I clock. Ugh

prhom
05-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Either they're OCD or they really like to mulch the lawn. I've never been able to really mulch a lawn cutting it once a week. It grows too fast. I do really like that just mowed look though. I'm thinking about switching to a Thursday night mowing schedule just so I can look at the neatly cut grass on the weekend.

DeezNutz
05-21-2009, 08:32 PM
I enjoy maintaining my yard/landscaping.

Pioli Zombie
05-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Are you talking about the clean shaven MILF?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater
05-21-2009, 08:40 PM
I use to do it all myself also. I decided to have a lawn company do the fertilzing because it cost me just as much or me to buy all the fertilizer and weed killer anyway.

Plus if weeds start growing you can call them up and they will re-spray it all again for free.
This. The $300/yr I spend on lawn treatments is the best money I spend all year.

And talk about the drain on natural resources...water that crap all day, dump fertilizer into it, pesticides, run that smoking, polluting two-cycle machine three times a week to cut it, the gas, the oil, the plastic castoffs from the weed wacker. All going into your environment. When your drinking water tastes like Scott Turfbuilder and the gas and oil runoff has killed off all the plankton in the sea and you have no ****ing oxygen to breath and your kids are killing each other for the last drop of potable water on the planet then you can look back in fondness for that nice green patch of weed in front of your house that you never laid down into to take advantage of all that hard "work."
FYI, the EPA banned sales of 2 stroke lawn mowers about 10 years ago.

Fairplay
05-21-2009, 08:45 PM
This. The $300/yr I spend on lawn treatments is the best money I spend all year.

I actually only spend 160. Early spring, late spring, summer and fall treatment.

I do however buy my own Grub treatment to put on myself, you want to put it on right before a good rain. So add another 40 bucks.

Skip Towne
05-21-2009, 08:48 PM
If your neighbors bitch bout you not mowing the lawn do it at 6 AM on Sunday morning.

Saccopoo
05-21-2009, 08:49 PM

Thank the gods! I mean, I know all those other internal combustion engines are so much better for our overall quality of life. Now I don't have to worry so much when the ATV/ORV whackjobs are running up and down pristine sections of streambeds.

Miles
05-21-2009, 08:50 PM
If your neighbors bitch bout you not mowing the lawn do it at 6 AM on Sunday morning.

The only flaw with that plan is that you would have to mow your lawn at 6 am on Sunday.

Pioli Zombie
05-21-2009, 09:01 PM
My speciality is mowing lawns first thing in the morning. If you get my drift.
Posted via Mobile Device

Skip Towne
05-21-2009, 09:03 PM
The only flaw with that plan is that you would have to mow your lawn at 6 am on Sunday.

You misunderstood. Have your wife do it while you sleep.

Iowanian
05-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Forgive them for having pride in their property and the way it looks.

Maybe you'd like to trade neighbors with Jilly, so you can turn the porch light on and use your cooter lips to make shadow puppet monsters at them.

stevieray
05-21-2009, 09:08 PM
does anyone have a neighbor who seems very interested in when you mow your lawn? does the inside of their house smell bad? Is it the activity or exercise from couch to window? does the neatness of my grass sizes lure them into looking? I don't understand it.

signed,
Scott Sturfbuilder