PDA

View Full Version : Music Legit, free, new post-rock album from maudlin of the Well

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 10:21 PM
http://www.maudlinofthewell.net/downloads.html

For those not aware of the beauty that is maudlin of the Well, shame on you. ;) They're one of the very best post-metal bands ever. The genius behind motW moved on to a project called Kayo Dot. But he and the bandmates made a new maudlin of the Well album, finally, even if all the metal has been removed. This is a true post-rock album with all of the trademark beauty and complexity that motW fans would expect.

The best part? The album was 100% fan funded. Thus, you can download it from the site that I linked to for free, in a variety of formats.

If you like post rock, do yourself a favor and grab it.

Demonpenz
05-22-2009, 11:25 AM
they sound like sevendust

Reaper16
05-22-2009, 04:16 PM
they sound like sevendust
LMAO

Reaper16
05-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Where's Post Rock Pablo? At least he'd appreciate this beautiful gem of an album, unlike all you uncultured swine who can't be bothered to legally download an album for free.

Lzen
05-23-2009, 07:42 AM
What, exactly, is post rock?

Pablo
05-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the find Reaper. I DL'ed it the other day and just got around to listening to the opening track. Great stuff.

And download it people, it's worth the 5 minutes for sure.

And I think it sounds more like Jimmie's Chicken Shack than Sevendust, penz.

Reaper16
05-23-2009, 04:53 PM
What, exactly, is post rock?
Listen to Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Sigur Ros, Pelican, or Mogwai to get a sense of what post-rock is. To put it bluntly, its the use of rock instrumentation to make music that doesn't really use typical rock chord progressions, melodies, etc.

unlurking
05-25-2009, 06:44 PM
This is um, "interesting"? I gave it a listen and immediately disliked it as downtempo elevator music. Trying to give it another shot with different expectations.

If I turn it up, turn out the lights and close my eyes I can feel the post modern opium den taking shape around me. All the rich and beautiful people, whacked out of their minds and swaying to the beat like zombies in a wheat field.

Very weird.