PDA

View Full Version : Football Pits, Glocks and Big Ole' bling...Harrison-Steelers

Consistent1
05-22-2009, 01:21 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApQv33nLdXUnDmnNvBmGjHM5nYcB?slug=ap-steelers-dogattack&prov=ap&type=lgns

Consistent1
05-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Whitehouse anyone?

The Franchise
05-22-2009, 01:40 PM
:popcorn:

Consistent1
05-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Had to edit the title to include our buddy...oh yeah, forgot to put shit-load of tatts as being sweet in there too....

Mile High Mania
05-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Moron...

Demonpenz
05-22-2009, 02:26 PM
2006, then-Steelers linebacker Joey Porter(notes) was cited by police in Pine Township, another suburb north of Pittsburgh, after two of his dogs got loose and killed a miniature horse on a nearby farm. Northern Regional Police said then that Porter’s dogs were licensed in his hometown of Bakersfield, Calif., but not in Allegheny County.

CoMoChief
05-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Pit bulls + little kids = bad news

Consistent1
05-22-2009, 02:35 PM

Ah naw, dawg. It's today's NFL baby. Gotta have a couple status pits to keep the street cred, BUT only if you are never there to take care of them yourselves. Why don't these guys just hire drivers and security, hit the clubs to get as many BJ's and anal fun-times, maybe even a couple double jimmies if the girl is aight, juice and lift? It ain't about jewry and dawgs maaaaiiiiinnn.....It's about fucking chicks raw on test cycles and knocking the shit out of people on the field. Has anybody noticed that all the fall guys for juice generally stay the fuck out of trouble for other shit? How does that happen?

Consistent1
05-22-2009, 02:37 PM
But I am sure Harrison does that shit too, but hey. Why are black people so fascinated with Pitbulls? I am far from racist, no black people I know like the damn things. I have met a couple of white girls at work that talk about having pits and kids. I am always like WTF? Then I meet the boyfriend, and it is like "oh yeah". Gangsta wannbe ready to cap yo ass.....

Consistent1
05-22-2009, 02:42 PM
I will even "go there". Does Harrison get 18 months fed time because Vick actually used the fucking dogs for what they seemingly like to do versus it just being cool to have one? I hope his "massage" friend sues that mo-fo.

KC native
05-22-2009, 02:48 PM

Pit bulls are fine around little kids. They're just like any other popular breed. They are overbred by people who don't know what the breed should be. You get jerk offs that just breed any type of dog without considering their temprament and structure.

Also, many dogs get identified as pit bulls that aren't really pits. Here's a little test to see if you can identify a pit bull.

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Findthebull/findpitbull_v3.html

MOhillbilly
05-22-2009, 02:53 PM

UMMMMMM.... pitbull is a breed as laid down by the ADBA who registers American Pitbull Terriers. in the early years when the UKC/AKC was trying to figure out a name for the dog there was a split between showdog people and dogfighters. The dogfighters went with the ADBA for the most part as the UKC was leaning more towards field trials and show dogs and less about dogfights.
Also UKC rules left dogs down way to long hence Gaboon Trahan came up with cajun rules....

Demonpenz
05-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Football players lift weights, are aggressive warriors, they want a dog that has the same traits, that is what I have read.

kepp
05-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Pit bulls are fine around little kids. They're just like any other popular breed. They are overbred by people who don't know what the breed should be. You get jerk offs that just breed any type of dog without considering their temprament and structure.

Also, many dogs get identified as pit bulls that aren't really pits. Here's a little test to see if you can identify a pit bull.

So are you saying that it wasn't really a pitbull that attacked the kid?

KC native
05-22-2009, 02:58 PM
UMMMMMM.... pitbull is a breed as laid down by the ADBA who registers American Pitbull Terriers. in the early years when the UKC/AKC was trying to figure out a name for the dog there was a split between showdog people and dogfighters. The dogfighters went with the ADBA for the most part as the UKC was leaning more towards field trials and show dogs and less about dogfights.
Also UKC rules left dogs down way to long hence Gaboon Trahan came up with cajun rules....

ADBA is a sham registry (a lot of paper hanging goes on there). UKC was founded with the explicit purpose of recognizing the American Pit Bull terrier. AKC has their version which is the American Staffordshire Terrier. You've got the history right for the most part but the split was UKC and AKC. UKC dogs tend to be leaner and smaller, tighter skin and AKC dogs tend to be more of the show type dogs (not as defined/lean and a little bigger)

KC native
05-22-2009, 02:59 PM
So are you saying that it wasn't really a pitbull that attacked the kid?

No, but the assertion that pit bulls are bad with kids is wrong.

MOhillbilly
05-22-2009, 02:59 PM

like i said fucktard.

MOhillbilly
05-22-2009, 03:06 PM
ADBA is a sham registry (a lot of paper hanging goes on there). UKC was founded with the explicit purpose of recognizing the American Pit Bull terrier. AKC has their version which is the American Staffordshire Terrier. You've got the history right for the most part but the split was UKC and AKC. UKC dogs tend to be leaner and smaller, tighter skin and AKC dogs tend to be more of the show type dogs (not as defined/lean and a little bigger)

paper hangers in all registers. UKC/AKC dogs to dogmen are staffs(colby,heinzl blood get away with it). Dont remember who started the ADBA off the top of my head but know that it was THE register for gamedogs(the true APBT) and stayed that way till Mr. Greenwoods death in 88'.

Chaunceythe3rd
05-22-2009, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=KC native;5786201]Pit bulls are fine around little kids. They're just like any other popular breed. They are overbred by people who don't know what the breed should be. You get jerk offs that just breed any type of dog without considering their temprament and structure.

There's an apologist for everything, nowadays. Surprise you didn't blame the little 2-year old for the dog bite.

KC native
05-22-2009, 03:24 PM
paper hangers in all registers. UKC/AKC dogs to dogmen are staffs(colby,heinzl blood get away with it). Dont remember who started the ADBA off the top of my head but know that it was THE register for gamedogs(the true APBT) and stayed that way till Mr. Greenwoods death in 88'.

UKC was started first and the fact that a UKC dog is automatically accepted by ADBA but ADBA dog has to be inspected to be ADBA registered should show you something about that registry's reputation. The UKC (and AKC IIRC) standard is based on a Colby dog.

MOhillbilly
05-22-2009, 03:25 PM
UKC was started first and the fact that a UKC dog is automatically accepted by ADBA but ADBA dog has to be inspected to be ADBA registered should show you something about that registry's reputation. The UKC (and AKC IIRC) standard is based on a Colby dog.

ya i know. what kinda blood you got?

KC native
05-22-2009, 03:28 PM
ya i know. what kinda blood you got?

No idea, mine has no papers so he's fixed. The guy I got him from is a great friend and had an ADBA and an UKC dog and never bothered to register one of the parents so I never really investigated it. He knows his shit though. He has 4 of them and they are all perfectly trained. Right now he has a purple ribbon stud and one of the purple ribbon's daughters has won a show (so she's on her way to one too)

MOhillbilly
05-22-2009, 03:32 PM
No idea, mine has no papers so he's fixed. The guy I got him from is a great friend and had an ADBA and an UKC dog and never bothered to register one of the parents so I never really investigated it. He knows his shit though. He has 4 of them and they are all perfectly trained. Right now he has a purple ribbon stud and one of the purple ribbon's daughters has won a show (so she's on her way to one too)

pr bred doesnt mean nothin.

KC native
05-22-2009, 03:35 PM
pr bred doesnt mean nothin.

Yea, it doesn't. His stud has won the 3 shows for the purple ribbon and one of the stud's daughters (just over 2 YO) has won a show too.

MOhillbilly
05-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Yea, it doesn't. His stud has won the 3 shows for the purple ribbon and one of the stud's daughters (just over 2 YO) has won a show too.

'PR' Bred Pedigree is offered by UKC for dogs with at least six generations of known ancestors with all 14 ancestors

KC native
05-22-2009, 03:39 PM
'PR' Bred Pedigree is offered by UKC for dogs with at least six generations of known ancestors with all 14 ancestors

Ah I misunderstood him then. His stud has won 3 shows and I thought that got him the PR.

MOhillbilly
05-22-2009, 03:42 PM
one of mine from way back.

KC native
05-22-2009, 03:45 PM
one of mine from way back.

Good looking dog. That's what a pitty should look like. I get tired of people that call those bloated razor's edge type dogs pit bulls.

Donger
05-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Strange to think that a breed of dog with a solid history of being bred for fighting tends to be nippy.

MOhillbilly
05-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Good looking dog. That's what a pitty should look like. I get tired of people that call those bloated razor's edge type dogs pit bulls.

I gave up giving a shit along time ago & have said a hundred time that i wish the goverment would just outlaw pitbulls.

MOhillbilly
05-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Strange to think that a breed of dog with a solid history of being bred for fighting tends to be nippy.

All dogs bite. It is a foul for a gamedog to bite a ref or handler during a match.

Donger
05-22-2009, 03:50 PM
All dogs bite. It is a foul for a gamedog to bite a ref or handler during a match.

I understand that. But acknowledging their past (and almost certainly present) breeding and their power isn't a bad thing. A retriever probably wouldn't have caused this injury, nippy or no.

KC native
05-22-2009, 03:51 PM

If you knew anything about the history of the breed then maybe you could talk. Pit bulls that were nippy used to get put down. Human aggression in pit bulls is not a desirable trait and those dogs should be put to sleep (I've done this with one of my dogs). The problem is that you get jerk offs who seek these traits and breed unstable dogs so you see stories like this.

MOhillbilly
05-22-2009, 03:54 PM
If you knew anything about the history of the breed then maybe you could talk. Pit bulls that were nippy used to get put down. Human aggression in pit bulls is not a desirable trait and those dogs should be put to sleep (I've done this with one of my dogs). The problem is that you get jerk offs who seek these traits and breed unstable dogs so you see stories like this.

i thought you might say something like this, Bullyson and Zebo were known manbiters just to name a few.

MOhillbilly
05-22-2009, 03:55 PM
I understand that. But acknowledging their past (and almost certainly present) breeding and their power isn't a bad thing. A retriever probably wouldn't have caused this injury, nippy or no.

Bulldog types bite and shake and cause massive damage. Other dog types GSD for instance bite and release.

Donger
05-22-2009, 03:55 PM
If you knew anything about the history of the breed then maybe you could talk.

Are you suggesting that they weren't bred originally as bait and then for fighting?

Pit bulls that were nippy used to get put down. Human aggression in pit bulls is not a desirable trait and those dogs should be put to sleep (I've done this with one of my dogs). The problem is that you get jerk offs who seek these traits and breed unstable dogs so you see stories like this.

I realize that poor breeding is a culprit. That doesn't change the end result.

KC native
05-22-2009, 03:57 PM
i thought you might say something like this, Bullyson and Zebo were known manbiters just to name a few.

Same with Chinaman but those are the exceptions. Most aren't.

MOhillbilly
05-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Donger check out the vid at the end of the vick thread.

KC native
05-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Are you suggesting that they weren't bred originally as bait and then for fighting?

I realize that poor breeding is a culprit. That doesn't change the end result.

You having fun following me around?

MOhillbilly
05-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Same with Chinaman but those are the exceptions. Most aren't.

Thats what they say but i know its bullshit. Gameness is so prized that a game manbiter is rarely culled. The shiteaters are the ones that get culled.

Donger
05-22-2009, 04:00 PM

Pardon? Following you around?

KC native
05-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Pardon? Following you around?

The wolf shirt thread and now trying to start an argument about the history of the breed.

Donger
05-22-2009, 04:02 PM
The wolf shirt thread and now trying to start an argument about the history of the breed.

I wasn't even aware that you were posting in this thread.

Now, am I incorrect in my history of the breed or not?

Donger
05-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Donger check out the vid at the end of the vick thread.

Ick. Got about five seconds in and turned it off.

KCChiefsMan
05-22-2009, 04:10 PM
when I was a little cabin boy, my neighbors cockapoo nearly mauled me to death

vailpass
05-22-2009, 05:18 PM

Running your mouth at Donger, one of the board's most civilized members? It is no wonder you are disliked here. Do you display this much of a napoleon complex in real life? Feel free to respond by posting an obscene adolescent video.
Somewhere Gaz is spinning in his grave. And by grave I mean hot tub. And by spinning I mean Tequila Rose.

Consistent1
05-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Man, this turned into a damn dog justification thread. Why the hell do you rely on other people to take care of a potentially dangerous breed around your two year old? Sounds like he must not take care of it much himself, but I could be wrong. Wannna be a balla....shot calla......Better than a chain made of plat kid....straight G'n. So, does Harrison get 18 months in da pen for being a dumb-ass and putting his kid at risk with a "fight" dog? Will Goodell talk with him? Will PETA go after him?

Coach
05-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Karma's a bitch now, eh Harrison?