PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Hey Demonpenz

KC native
05-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Don't know if you've seen this yet but it's your avatar so...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8061031.stm

Page last updated at 11:11 GMT, Thursday, 21 May 2009 12:11 UK
E-mail this to a friend Printable version
Joke review boosts T-shirt sales
By Daniel Emery
Technology reporter, BBC News

Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt

A T-shirt has become one of the most popular items sold by online retailer Amazon in the past few weeks.

Sales of the kitsch Three Wolf Moon T-shirt shot up 2,300% after a spate of ironic reviews went viral.

The first review gave the shirt five stars, saying it "Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women" but "cannot see wolves with arms crossed".

That prompted hundreds of others to post frivolous reviews, turning the page into an internet phenomenon.

"When I put this T-shirt on for the first time, my wife left me! Thank you, Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt," wrote one wag, while another said that "the Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt gave me a +10 resistance to energy attacks, +8 Strength... and I have successfully solved 7 crimes in my city".

Amazon's senior manager of community content, Russell Dicker, said the T-shirt was currently the top selling item in their clothing store.

"The Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt recently moved up 2,300% in sales rank," he said. "We are grateful that our reviewers are so passionate."

Publicity shy

However, the firm which actually makes the T-shirt appeared less than pleased at some of the comments.

"The Mountain is a wholesale company and does not sell shirts on Amazon, so this viral assault went under our radar until the shirt made it into the top 10 in the Amazon apparel section," they said in a posting on the Amazon site.

"We appreciate humour as much as the next company, but we don't approve of some of the remarks.

"Not everyone can start out at the top and not everyone from our neck of the woods lives in a trailer or cruises Walmart to hook up."

However, speaking on Radio Five Live, the firms art director - Michael McGloin - said the firm were actually rather pleased with the publicity.

"We'll take ironic fashion any day.... and we're printing another 400,000 more t-shirts...it's just a fantastic thing," he said.

This is not the first time comedy reviews on Amazon have gone viral. In 2006, there were more than a thousand reviews for Tuscan Whole Milk.

They ranged from soap opera-style script - "That was when I knew. He was tired of this life with me, tired of bringing home the Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz" - to stating the obvious: "Has anyone else tried pouring this stuff over dry cereal? A-W-E-S-O-M-E!"

Kyle DeLexus
05-22-2009, 03:34 PM
I have to admit, I thought about getting one of these shirts to wear to a CP gathering.

Donger
05-22-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm sure that demonpenz is not aware of this Internet phenomenon, and he randomly chose his avatar without said knowledge.

KC native
05-22-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm sure that demonpenz is not aware of this Internet phenomenon, and he randomly chose his avatar without said knowledge.

And I'm sure you're a miserable cocksucker but I don't come and piss in your cereal.

Sure-Oz
05-22-2009, 03:38 PM
And I'm sure you're a miserable one who sucks the penis but I don't come and piss in your cereal.

I think your sarcasm meter is broken

Kyle DeLexus
05-22-2009, 03:38 PM

This Internet phenomenon started because demonpenz got the shirt.

Donger
05-22-2009, 03:39 PM
And I'm sure you're a miserable one who sucks the penis but I don't come and piss in your cereal.

You are welcome to try.

Kyle DeLexus
05-22-2009, 03:41 PM

That doesn't sound like good cereal, maybe you should try Tuscan Whole Milk instead.

KC native
05-22-2009, 03:42 PM
That doesn't sound like good cereal, maybe you should try Tuscan Whole Milk instead.

ROFL

burt
You are welcome to try.

eeewwwwww......pissy cereal.........

Demonpenz
thanks for the link i love wearing shit that is funny for the wrong reasons. I used to crack up at the amount of gay people wearing the and 1 shirts

HOLD MY TROPHY WHILE I KISS YOUR GIRLFRIEND.

the wolf shirts are like a staple of st joseph missouri and branson missouri

thanks for the link

cmh6476
05-22-2009, 04:19 PM
none of my friends have wolf shirts, that i am aware of :dunno:

Buck
05-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Tuscan Whole Milk eh?

MoreLemonPledge
05-22-2009, 04:25 PM
http://thedanzatap.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/wolf-shirt.jpg

kysirsoze