PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Timex Ironman or Casio G-Shock?

jlscorpio
05-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Just looking for general opinions/experiences

Archie F. Swin
05-23-2009, 07:49 PM
go ask 1992

JuicesFlowing
05-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Sun dial works for me.

stlchiefs
05-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Dan vs. Dan

BigMeatballDave
05-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Heh, I had an Ironman. In 1987...

Mr_Tomahawk
05-23-2009, 09:01 PM
...go all the way.

http://www.pressthebuttons.com/images/mariowatch04.jpg

TEX
05-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Can't go wrong with either one. I prefer the Timex Ironman Shock series. I like the Indiglo feature and the time splits. Very easy to use.

Kyle DeLexus
05-23-2009, 09:47 PM
I have an Ironman Triathlon and it's great

The_Doctor10
05-24-2009, 01:59 AM
Dude, a digital watch? Really?

I guess if you're in high school or you're actually in training and need to time yourself, I'd go Timex. But really, I don't think I've seen someone over the age of 17 wearing a digital watch outside of a gymnasium where I didn't immediately think 'What a douche'.

Phobia
05-24-2009, 02:31 AM

I guess if you're in high school or you're actually in training and need to time yourself, I'd go Timex. But really, I don't think I've seen someone over the age of 17 wearing a digital watch outside of a gymnasium where I didn't immediately think 'What a douche'.

Heh. That's not entirely fair. I'm a watch snob. I have some very exquisite timepieces. But I also have a watch not these that I wear under harsh conditions so I don't destroy my more expensive watches.

KCChiefsMan
05-24-2009, 03:27 AM
I stopped wearing watches since my first cell phone.

Miles
05-24-2009, 03:32 AM

What else should you buy for when you are out running or during the weekends when you don't want to fuck up a good watch?

Braincase
05-24-2009, 06:25 AM
Had both. Casio had more functions, Ironman was better for synching time off a flashing screen under Windows '98. Quit using '98 in 2000. Can either one synch off the NIST signal coming out of Colorado?

Starbux37
05-24-2009, 08:58 AM
I have owned two G-shocks now for the last 19 years. The first one survived 6 years of very hard abuse in the Navy (including 1 year in Gulf War 1) and never missed a beat until the third battery died and when I replaced it the watch just didn't work the same. That was after fifteen years of service.

The new G-shock I own is a MT-G model. I have owned this one for about 3 1/2 years now and this watch kicks ass. Since the day I have taken it out of the box, all I have had to do is set it once and leave it alone. It's solar re-charging so don't need to worry about the batteries. It resets itself everyday at midnite to the U.S. Nuclear clock so it's always within thousandths of a second in accuracy.

Oh and my favorite part is it cost me less than $100.00 when I got it.

RedDread
05-24-2009, 09:19 AM
I owned a metal G-Shock which I actually purchased in Kuwait. I looked briefly to see if I could find it online, but didn't see it. It has been excellent. Survived 4 years, including a tour overseas. I had a rubber-banded G-shock but the band tends to absorb odors (which is bad when you wear it when you're working out) This one has been free of that problem.

jlscorpio
05-24-2009, 02:26 PM

REALLY? Pretentious much??? Excuse me if I don't wanna wear a fucking Movado to run and bike in. I also happen to be active duty military and don't wanna wear a $500 watch to work everyday so it can get crushed, due to the fact that I actually have to fucking work for a living from time to time. You should try it sometime, fashion police.

Rausch
05-24-2009, 02:50 PM
I'd like to have one of those robot watches they came out with in the 80's.

Not only did it tell time but it would come off the wristband and transform into robotic fighting machine.

Yeah, I'd proudly wear that $#it today...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxuRDx3xPkI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxuRDx3xPkI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The_Doctor10
05-24-2009, 03:12 PM
What else should you buy for when you are out running or during the weekends when you don't want to **** up a good watch?

I clarified that it was fine if you were working out etc, and that in that case I'd go with the Timex.

I also said outside of that situation, you end up looking kinda stupid.

Kyle DeLexus
05-24-2009, 03:23 PM
I clarified that it was fine if you were working out etc, and that in that case I'd go with the Timex.

Why would you look stupid if you wear one when your not working out? I use mine for an alarm throughout the day to take medication and/or for scheduled meals or meetings when I have a busy schedule. During class and work I can't have my phone alarm on. To group everyone that wears one as a whole and call that group stupid is naive. Just because someone doesn't wear the same type of watch you do is no reason to look down on them and jump to conclusions.

Rausch
05-24-2009, 03:34 PM

Says the 'Nadian commenting on style...

http://nycomedy.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/glenn-wool.jpg

gblowfish
05-24-2009, 03:51 PM
I've had two Timex Ironman watches. Bands always wear out (they're plastic/rubber combo) and have to be replaced.
And yes, they make me feel like 1992!

teedubya
05-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Buy a SWATCH instead.

DMAC
05-24-2009, 06:34 PM
go ask 1992And dont forget this important accessory.

http://www.gearpipeline.com/images/PRODUCT/medium/00010.jpg

SPchief
05-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Just go get a slap braclet