PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Our offense will only be as good as the running game

Red Dawg
05-24-2009, 04:29 PM
and that is the truth. We don't have the recievers for Matt to be prolific in the air so what we need is for our shaky O-line to make holes for LJ, Chuck and Smith. We will struggle on offense but it will be a catastrophe if the ground game is as bad as last year.

Reerun_KC
05-24-2009, 04:32 PM
This is where Cassel will have to elevate the players/weapons around him, to step up to his mythical level on the field...

Hammock Parties
05-24-2009, 04:40 PM
I think improved playcalling will go a long ways towards helping the running game. We had some seriously retarded gameplans last year. We had over 200 yards rushing one week, and then came back with 2 yards the next week. You can't tell me that's talent alone.

King_Chief_Fan
05-24-2009, 06:09 PM
I think improved playcalling will go a long ways towards helping the running game. We had some seriously retarded gameplans last year. We had over 200 yards rushing one week, and then came back with 2 yards the next week. You can't tell me that's talent alone.

that is dumb....still crappy oline with waters wanting out. Yup, just make different calls and watch these players all of a sudden be goodROFL

Red Dawg
05-24-2009, 06:09 PM

I agree. The spread hurt the grouind game bad.

Skip Towne
05-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Just go to the Wishbone and use Thiggy.

Bowser
05-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Haley is a pass first guy, no?

Personally, I've got no problem with backs used as receivers. Just don't constantly run the Kimble Anders 3 yard out route with them. Mix it up.

Hammock Parties
05-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Haley is a pass first guy, no?

I think this is a misconception.

He'll take what he has and maximize it.

Bowser
05-24-2009, 06:21 PM

So is LJ looking at a 350+ carry season this year?

Hammock Parties
05-24-2009, 06:23 PM
So is LJ looking at a 350+ carry season this year?

I would also doubt that very seriously.

I would bet money LJ won't have more than 320 carries this year.

The trend in the league is the two-back system. I bet we'll see that in tandem with the passing concepts from New England and Arizona.

Note that the Pats were 12th in pass attempts (534) and 4th in rushing attempts (513). They had a balanced offense.

Halfcan
05-24-2009, 06:28 PM
I think we will be lucky to ave 70 yards a game on the ground.

Hammock Parties
05-24-2009, 06:30 PM
I think we will be lucky to ave 70 yards a game on the ground.

How many do you think we averaged last year?

Bowser
05-24-2009, 06:31 PM
I would also doubt that very seriously.

I would bet money LJ won't have more than 320 carries this year.

The trend in the league is the two-back system. I bet we'll see that in tandem with the passing concepts from New England and Arizona.

Note that the Pats were 12th in pass attempts (534) and 4th in rushing attempts (513). They had a balanced offense.

LJ is comparable to Edge, and Charles to Hightower, and I think both those guys will see a fair share of passes their way. I just wish we hadn't neglected the receiving corp in the draft and free agency (thus far).

Hammock Parties
05-24-2009, 06:35 PM
LJ is comparable to Edge, and Charles to Hightower, and I think both those guys will see a fair share of passes their way. I just wish we hadn't neglected the receiving corp in the draft and free agency (thus far).

Actually they really didn't have a Charles in Arizona. I would compare Hightower to LJ, though.

chiefs1111
05-24-2009, 06:37 PM

Hightower is more of a power back/short yardage back. Charles is more explosive and can have big runs. I just hope he has fixed his fumbling problems.

Halfcan
05-24-2009, 06:38 PM
How many do you think we averaged last year?

probably 85?

You need a strong running game to when the di
vision-we are not even close.

Bowser
05-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Actually they really didn't have a Charles in Arizona. I would compare Hightower to LJ, though.

Hightower is more of a power back/short yardage back. Charles is more explosive and can have big runs. I just hope he has fixed his fumbling problems.

Fair enough. I just assumed that Hightower was the shifty, change of pace guy they put in for Edge.

Maybe Charles will be our underneath slot guy?

Hammock Parties
05-24-2009, 06:41 PM
probably 85?

You = dumb

Halfcan
05-24-2009, 06:54 PM

You = dumb

maybe it just seemed like 85 with all LJ's 2 yard run out of bound runs.

wild1
05-24-2009, 06:56 PM

pull out the one or two 'outlier' games and see what you get

Hammock Parties
05-24-2009, 06:57 PM

Guess what bitch? If LJ is good enough for the new head coach, he's good enough for you.

“I think Larry is working hard. He has made some runs in the last few practices that I thought were pretty special and showed signs of somebody who can run the football. I was very encouraged and a couple of those flashed at me and the coaches to where you say, ‘that was pretty good.’ If Larry continues to work, stay on point and do the things asked of him, I think he will definitely have a chance to help us.”

Halfcan
05-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Guess what bitch? If LJ is good enough for the new head coach, he's good enough for you.

Its a disgrace LJ still wears the Red and Gold. He is a thug with no heart-and all your Man love for him-won't change the fact he is a piece of shit human being.

kstater
05-24-2009, 07:19 PM

“I think Larry is working hard. He has made some runs in the last few practices that I thought were pretty special and showed signs of somebody who can run the football. I was very encouraged and a couple of those flashed at me and the coaches to where you say, ‘that was pretty good.’ If Larry continues to work, stay on point and do the things asked of him, I think he will definitely have a chance to help us.”

That's a quote that a coach should be making for rookies, not for the 2nd highest paid player on the team.

Halfcan
05-24-2009, 07:21 PM

That's a quote that a coach should be making for rookies, not for the 2nd highest paid player on the team.

they are just trying to make that turd look shopable so they can dump him to the Faders or Bungles where he belongs.

Hammock Parties
05-24-2009, 07:22 PM
they are just trying to make that turd look shopable so they can dump him to the Faders or Bungles where he belongs.

This is utterly retarded. Then again we expect that from you.

StcChief
05-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Coaching staff was a big part, talent new OLine chemistry.
LJ attitude and them wanting Charles to get involved, (When it was the LJ show before)

Two back system for sure in 2009.

Halfcan
05-24-2009, 07:31 PM
This is utterly retarded. Then again we expect that from you.

you don't think the Chiefs would LOVE to dump LJ??? That cancer gets millions and does nothing but shame the team with negative headlines.

I will concede LJ ran angry when he was behind PH-Money was his motivation-once he got that-CB's take him down with ease.

It is beyond me why you LOVE him so much????? :rolleyes:

You claim to be a Chiefs fan but defend a player that has done nothing but make the entire team and city look bad. I don't get it??

Hammock Parties
05-24-2009, 07:35 PM
You claim to be a Chiefs fan but defend a player that has done nothing but make the entire team and city look bad. I don't get it??

I don't understand why your posts are so consistently retarded, but then again perhaps man wasn't meant to understand everything. Just remember that it is theorized that homo sapiens ate neanderthals, so watch out.

whoman69
05-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Coaching staff was a big part, talent new OLine chemistry.
LJ attitude and them wanting Charles to get involved, (When it was the LJ show before)

Two back system for sure in 2009.

I have to agree. I don't think LJ has the legs to run 30 times a game anymore. I still hate Herm for using him up that one season. Was it worth it for a 9-7 record?

As far as being a cancer, compared to some he's a choirboy. If he was still getting 1700 yards a year, the grousing would be muted.

JuicesFlowing
05-24-2009, 07:51 PM

Me too.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/4635/butterfinger.jpg

Just Passin' By
05-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Its a disgrace LJ still wears the Red and Gold. He is a thug with no heart-and all your Man love for him-won't change the fact he is a piece of shit human being.

I'm not high on the notion of Johnson as a workhorse runner anymore, but who gives a shit what kind of human being he is? He gets paid to play football. You're not following his exploits as he feeds the hungry multitudes with just a few crusts of bread and some fish. If you're looking for choirboys, look in a church.

JuicesFlowing
05-24-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm not high on the notion of Johnson as a workhorse runner anymore, but who gives a shit what kind of human being he is? He gets paid to play football. You're not following his exploits as he feeds the hungry multitudes with just a few crusts of bread and some fish. If you're looking for choirboys, look in a church.

I'm betting that every NFL team has it's share of thugs, we just don't hear about all of them.

StcChief
05-24-2009, 07:59 PM
I have to agree. I don't think LJ has the legs to run 30 times a game anymore. I still hate Herm for using him up that one season. Was it worth it for a 9-7 record?

As far as being a cancer, compared to some he's a choirboy. If he was still getting 1700 yards a year, the grousing would be muted.If our line can gell and plays are better with WRs getting on track....
LJ could be ~900 yard year. Charles ~500.

LiL stumppy
05-24-2009, 08:35 PM

As will any half-way intelligent coach

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-24-2009, 09:54 PM

In that case, I see LJ blocking and Charles used as a receiver. A LOT.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-24-2009, 10:02 PM
This offense is not going to be the hot-shit improvement some here think it is. I say this because it's pretty goddamned obvious that Haoli( or Paley if you prefer )are putting a premium on defensive improvement in an attempt to not LOSE GAMES defensively in the second half, ala last year.

Expect Thiggish-led like numbers on offense, and a defense that doesn't give up the house in the second half.
And perhaps expect aggressive playcalling in the second half this year, unlike Herm.

Tribal Warfare
05-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Our offense will only be as good as the running game

This is true for any offense

Slainte
05-24-2009, 11:07 PM
In that case, I see LJ blocking...

I wish I could see it...

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-24-2009, 11:11 PM
I wish I could see it...

Can't say I didn't see that coming!:D:doh!:

Red Dawg
05-24-2009, 11:22 PM
This is true for any offense

No it isn't. Is it that way in NE? How about in Indy? How about in Pitt? What about Green Bay? How about Arizona?

It's not true for all offenses.

With what we have we had better do a better job on the ground or our newly assigned QB will get killed trying to find a WR. Bowe, Ingram and Bradley are OK but they will not be mistaken for a superman air attack.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-24-2009, 11:37 PM
No it isn't. Is it that way in NE? How about in Indy? How about in Pitt? What about Green Bay? How about Arizona?

With what we have we had better do a better job on the ground or our newly assigned QB will get killed trying to find a WR. Bowe, Ingram and Bradley are OK but they will not be mistaken for a superman air attack.

1) Pittsburgh made runs when they needed to be made. Not often, but they counted when they did. So I agree with you, but just sayin'.

2)

https://www.700southdeli.com/images/Chicken%20Salad%20%21.jpg

Casey swears by it!;):D

Tribal Warfare
05-24-2009, 11:59 PM

For all offenses that make it deep into the playoffs it is

sportsman1
05-25-2009, 12:03 AM
I don't expect much from the offense, but honestly I am more curious what the defense is going to look like. I think that will say alot more about the direction.

Psyko Tek
05-25-2009, 12:21 AM
corect me if I'm wrong
btu as I remember it
LJ can't catch and won't block

I was all for paying himbacj whenand I was wrong should have given the cash to the redneck DE

we're gonna miss gonzo

but what is done is done
so lets play with what we got

hope our new brain trust has a brain

flame on claythan

Hammock Parties
05-25-2009, 12:24 AM
corect me if I'm wrong
btu as I remember it

You're wrong.

sportsman1
05-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Haley Can figure an offense to suit our "talent". LJ makes me cringe a bit, but who knows maybe he will take the Diapers back off. God knows he is talented if he plays with heart.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 12:31 AM
BP and LJ TO THE 'SHIP! :D

http://www.ossus.pl/images/d/d9/Executor.jpg

Hammock Parties
05-25-2009, 12:34 AM
You will NOT lump that sack of untalented second-round reach shit in with my first-round stud.

DO YOU HEAR ME?

And Star Wars pictures will not sway me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 12:37 AM
You will NOT lump that sack of untalented second-round reach shit in with my first-round stud.

DO YOU HEAR ME?

And Star Wars pictures will not sway me.

Apology accepted, Captain Wendler...:D

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 01:22 AM
I don't think my boy want's to hang out with your boy!

Stable full o' skugly, anyone?

http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/larry-johnson-kansas-city-chiefs-drunk-pictures1.jpg

Let's hear what Emmit has to say, shall we?

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/vlcsnap-96876.png

"Oh, it's baaaad". LMAO

kysirsoze
05-25-2009, 02:15 AM

http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/larry-johnson-kansas-city-chiefs-drunk-pictures1.jpg

If I had a shred of respect left for LJ, this picture killed it. YOU'RE A PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE!!!! HAVE SOME SELF-RESPECT!

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2009, 02:23 AM
If I had a shred of respect left for LJ, this picture killed it. YOU'RE A PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE!!!! HAVE SOME SELF-RESPECT!

yeah, raid the Hawaiian Tropic Bikini Team contest to pickup your bitches.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 02:25 AM

This.

kysirsoze
05-25-2009, 02:31 AM

Or just a any decent club in America. That group was straight up Omenga Mu material.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 02:34 AM
Or just a any decent club in America. That group was straight up Omenga Mu material.

That would make LJ "Booger" I believe.

kysirsoze
05-25-2009, 02:40 AM
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5323/lamarrotn.jpg

To be fair Lamar was the athlete.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 02:48 AM
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5323/lamarrotn.jpg

To be fair Lamar was the athlete.

Yeah, but Lamar was teh ghey, so no Moo's for him.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u9fRe5bHTR4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u9fRe5bHTR4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 02:52 AM
Ah, vintage Lamar...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKeojzSOuvA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKeojzSOuvA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

kysirsoze
05-25-2009, 02:57 AM
Ah, vintage Lamar...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKeojzSOuvA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKeojzSOuvA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

It's funny cause he's black and they're black and those honkies don't get it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 02:58 AM
It's funny cause he's black and they're black and those honkies don't get it.

ROFL

Halfcan
05-25-2009, 11:41 AM

Let's hear what Emmit has to say, shall we?

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/vlcsnap-96876.png

"Oh, it's baaaad". LMAO

Wow not even the Faders would take this pos! :shake:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Wow not even the Faders would take this pos! :shake:

"Where da' white women at"?! LMAO

http://www.bartcop.com/blazing-white-women.jpg

JD10367
05-25-2009, 03:28 PM
You can use the run to set up the pass. If your O-line can block, and you can get the D to bite on the play-fake, Cassel doesn't need to have Randy Moss running patterns. The offense he learned in was one where they spread the field, took what was there, moved the chains, and got mismatches putting guys in motion. That's not a product of guys who can burn down the field, it's a product of guys who hustle, work hard, have good hands, sacrifice the body to make a play, have discipline enough not to commit stupid penalties, and all that happy horsesh*t. It's more mental than talent. If they can instill that attitude in the players--get them to believe they can win--then as long as you've got players with Stickum for hands Cassel will do fine and your O will do fine.

Of course, that all hinges on the "if your O-line can block" part. Otherwise, Matt will be picking turf out of his helmet. Even Peyton Manning and Tom Brady look like they suck when, by "two-mississippi", they're on their ass with three huge defenders squashing them. But IMO Cassel is deceptively mobile so he might evade some of those hits. (Then again, I'm comparing him to Brady, who is almost as leadfooted as Bledsoe was for us.)

JD10367
05-25-2009, 03:29 PM

The first, second, and fourth in the front row ain't too bad. And the one attempting to lick his face has potential (plus, that tongue-out thing is promising for her mindset). The rest might require a few drinks beforehand, but the bodies are probably quite acceptable.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Of course, that all hinges on the "if your O-line can block" part. Otherwise, Matt will be picking turf out of his helmet. Even Peyton Manning and Tom Brady look like they suck when, by "two-mississippi", they're on their ass with three huge defenders squashing them. But IMO Cassel is deceptively mobile so he might evade some of those hits. (Then again, I'm comparing him to Brady, who is almost as leadfooted as Bledsoe was for us.)

If we're to take the draft as an indicator, our O-Line is just peachy sans questions at RT.
I don't buy Chiapet as more than camp fodder at Center.

GoHuge
05-25-2009, 03:54 PM

DO YOU HEAR ME?

And Star Wars pictures will not sway me.Wasn't "Bone Crusher" your avatar at one point? If you've always thought he was a "sack of untalented second-round reach" why associate yourself with it?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Wasn't "Bone Crusher" your avatar at one point? If you've always thought he was a "sack of untalented second-round reach" why associate yourself with it?

Secret man-crush.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Oh...fuck you.

HemiEd
05-25-2009, 04:03 PM
corect me if I'm wrong
btu as I remember it

I was all for paying himbacj whenand I was wrong should have given the cash to the redneck DE

we're gonna miss gonzo

but what is done is done
so lets play with what we got

hope our new brain trust has a brain

flame on claythanSpeak it.

bringbackmarty
05-25-2009, 05:34 PM
if colin brown or somebody else doesn't step it up, my guess is we will bring in at least one more veteran lineman. Probably a road grader RT, and another guard. We definitely won't be r2p2, or rrrp, or running the spread every down, so that should make it easier to get some good performances from the running game.

My guess is that LJ will have a decent season, maybe not much over 1,000 yds, but his carry total will be a lot less, and ypc and touchdowns should be decent. Since I doubt enough chiefs on our ol will earn their arrowhead by opening day, they'll be that much lighter and less prone to fatigue.

MoreLemonPledge
05-25-2009, 05:37 PM
I know it's been mentioned, but Eric Steinbach from the Browns may be on the trading block soon. He would be a great addition at guard.

KcFanInGA
05-25-2009, 05:43 PM

Good to see the judgementality of this place is alive and kicking. I want a RB who can...run the ball. We all make mistakes, LJ is no exception. But he is an exceptional talent. We need him, he'll be here. Simple.

Saccopoo
05-25-2009, 05:55 PM
that is dumb....still crappy oline with waters wanting out. Yup, just make different calls and watch these players all of a sudden be goodROFL

Actually, it will have a huge difference. There are some talented players on the Chiefs, but they were severely hamstrung by a lack of quality coaching. And Waters is a guard. And one that hasn't shown that "high level" of play since Roaf and Weigmann were here. We'll be fine regardless if Waters in on this team or not.

I mean, we threw a Minnesota practice team rookie QB out there last season. I'm shocked we actually won two games in all honesty, and we were close in a handful of others - against some good teams.

No, having a solid coaching staff that understands the importance of putting points on the board will help this team immensely.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Good to see the judgementality of this place is alive and kicking. I want a RB who can...run the ball. We all make mistakes, LJ is no exception. But he is an exceptional talent. We need him, he'll be here. Simple.

Agreed. The moral high horser's can go pull a carriage in to an AIDS tree.

whoman69
05-25-2009, 08:22 PM
If we're to take the draft as an indicator, our O-Line is just peachy sans questions at RT.
I don't buy Chiapet as more than camp fodder at Center.

Or there just wasn't anything left after all the good ones were picked in the first two rounds.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Or there just wasn't anything left after all the good ones were picked in the first two rounds.

There were still good picks in the late rounds, we just went a different way.

For better or worse. Who knows? I honestly don't know what to make of a lot of things they do. We'll find out I guess.